Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fondor!

En-route: Fondor Shipyards

It had been a quiet morning.

Caden had been at the academy, enjoying his off day. He rarely got downtime between classes and so when he did, he decided to enjoy it. He had slept in late, had the unhealthiest waffles for breakfast and otherwise spent the day doing nothing but lounging in bed, watching awful holomovies and reading books about engineering and repairing space ships.

All in all, it had been an eventful morning.

He hadn't expected Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei to contact him. His Master knew that he was planning to have the day to relax and chill, to just lounge about doing nothing vaguely productive. It had been what was happening as well, until Okkeus sent a youngling barreling into his room to pass on a message about meeting him in the hanger.

Caden hadn't originally bothered to get dressed, walking through the corridors in his lounge wear. Obviously at the time, he didn't expect to be flying across Silver Jedi Space, all the way out to CIS space. When Okkeus briefed him and informed him it was going to be a diplomatic mission, just figure out what had caused the disturbance and the call about a rogue Force User to be put out, Caden decided it was probably best to go change.

That's how he ended up in his Jedi Robes, brown cloak slung over top, all while on his day off.

The flight out to Fondor had been quiet. Caden had spent the majority of it in his cabin aboard his Master's ship. He was working on something, a surprise if you will. Any time that Okkeus came to check on the boy, said surprise was hidden behind a sheet and Caden lounged out on the bed, looking lazy. It was a good way to hide the surprise, it worked anyway.

It was only when Okkeus announced they were approaching the shipyards that Caden got himself together and headed up into the cockpit. He had never seen Fondor Shipyards before but he was impressed with both the size and scale of the structure. He stood behind the pilot's chair, hand on the back, eyes focused on the Shipyards.

"There's a force presence aboard that Shipyard, I can sense it from here. Whoever is on that structure is certainly powerful, scarily so. Might even give me a run for my credits"

He hadn't even realized he had closed his eyes and started to feel out in the force, but what he felt was true. He still wasn't entirely sure how strong his Master was with the force, certainly more refined in his skills but Caden still wasn't sure which of the two was stronger in the force. It was a possibility that they were still too far out for Okkeus to sense anything, but Caden wasn't sure.

"So the mission is to locate the Force User from the report, find out what happened and see if we can take the Force User home, yes?"

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Daelil Morr

Okkeus had very faintly detected a force presence before his Padawan mentioned it. Good for him, becoming more powerful in the force. Him and Caden both were powerful in different aspects of the force, which really didn't make sense for how good of a team they were becoming.

"So the mission is to locate the Force User from the report, find out what happened and see if we can take the Force User home, yes?"

"That is the plan. But who knows how dangerous this guy is. We need to take lots of precautions. I was a rouge Force User once and, not to toot my own horn, I was very powerful. It this goes South then you are to get behind me. I will take care of it. But if not, try and be as friendly and open as possible."

Caden nodded as he finished speaking. From what he could tell his Padawan did not like violence very much, so he was hoping to stay out of it as much as possible. He still needed to get him a lightsaber. But for now he would use his blue one, while he stuck with his white saber.

Motion the shop forward he weaved in and out of ships and parts being hauled around. It as a very busy area. They needed to keep as much attention away from themselves as possible. Continuing on they finally found an empty landing pad. The ship touched down as the landing gear softly hissed. Turning back to his Padawan he motion toward the back of the ship. There were two space suits, one for him and one for Caden. Grabbing the suits they went into separate rooms to change. If they got out of the artificial air they needed a way to breathe.

Once they were fully suited he handed Caden his blue saber. The boy accepted it as they moved toward the exit ramp. As the ramp lowered slowly they both put on their helmets. One the ramp was fully down they stepped onto onto the platform. Time to go get ourselves a rouge Jedi.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Daelil Morr

Daelil Morr

D
Daelil stared mutely at the cell wall in front of him, the slowly oscillating blue and white wall of energy keeping him from his hope of escape. Two Fondor Shipyard Security troopers stood in the small room containing several cells like Daelil's, talking idly while they watched a small screen on their console. Daelil could only barely see the screen through his one good left eye, the other being almost fully closed from a black eye incurred during his arrest. The force field around the entrance of his cell disrupted sound as it came through anyway, leaving him with only a muffled, disorganized array of sounds.

Lowering his head, Daelil let out a pained sigh as he ran his mind over the events that had led him to the cell he was in. His family were indentured workers here on the Fondor Shipyards, signed in to a three generation contract to pay off the debt his parents had incurred in their private business back on Ryloth. Now, they were engineers on the shipyards, developing starships for later development and construction by the Shipyards themselves. They were fairly good at their work, and Daelil had followed in their footsteps for most of his life without much issue until the start of last year.

His family had been assigned to a new experimental project, overseen by an administrator related to some of the Fondor Shipyard owners. He was a poor leader, generally incompetent, and laid out his authority at the end of a stun baton, but he remained in his position through name alone. The Morr family had suffered through it for most of year, until the man had decided that he had an issue with the family, specifically Daelil's mother. When he came to their small quarters one night, in a drunken rage, he had attempted to punish the whole family for the incompetence he had no evidence of. In the ensuing action, Daelil had stepped forward to protect his family, and thrown the man clear through a wall. By the time the administrator had dragged himself out of the wreckage, he had already called for Security.

Daelil was not so lucky with the armed troopers, and he was beaten and then arrested. Now, he sat in silence in the cell, his head bowed, and wondering what had gone wrong. Flexing his hands slowly, he wondered as well how he could have done such a thing to begin with. It did not seem physically possible...

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

He clasped the lightsaber to his belt.

The man had trusted him with his weapon, something he had created. Caden studied his Master for a moment, before he nodded. He knew the basic method to lightsaber usage, he could defend himself if anything went wrong but he wasn't skilled at all.

Hopefully Okkeus would correct that.

Okkeus guided the ship onto the Fondor Shipyards. Caden was jealous in a way that he wasn't the one flying, he quite enjoyed being behind the controls of a ship. Instead he just sat, and continued to feel in the force. The presence he felt was absolutely strong, but clearly unrefined. A Jedi learnt to control their abilities in the Force, clearly the presence in the Shipyards had never had that lecture.

He watches as Okkeus let the ship touched down, and Caden lowered the entry ramp to provide them a way from the ship. He looked at his Master one last time as he walked down the ramp, feeling the cool air of space hit him. He slid his helmet on before suffocation became a problem.

He knew when they were inside he would be able to breath without the helmet, he just knew he didn't have that luxury in the cold vacuum of space. He wished he could breath in space, that would certainly be something interesting and different.

"It's certainly cold in space, I guess that's because no-one can hear you scream"

He offered his Master a small smile. He was oddly impressed with his joke. He was starting to relax, change from his uptight personality and become someone more calm and fun to be around. That's why the older kids had always bullied him, because he was uptight.

The Shipyards manager greeted the two Jedi, and led them into a small room where he gave them the details on the previous events. Apparently the Force User they had been called out to question had pushed the man through the wall. Caden couldn't lie, he was oddly impressed with that strength.

And thus they walked, deep into the Shipyards to where the force user was being held. The manager opened the door to the cell and walked off fast, clearly not interested in being seen or being hurt by the Force User in the cell once again.

Caden looked around the cell, before speaking.

"Good evening, my name is Jedi Padawan Caden Evesa. The man to the side of me is my Master, Jedi Knight Okkeus Dainlei. We've been sent by the Silver Jedi Order to investigate claims that you're a very strong, uncontrolled force user. Care to explain the events?"

"It's certainly cold in space, I guess that's because no-one can hear you scream"

Okkeus couldnt help but let out a small laugh. Even though they were supposed to be serious, keeping-the-peace Jedi, it felt as though they were just two best friends forking around. And there was absolutely nothing wrong with that. They contiued onward to the cell where to rogue force user was kept.

The shipyard manager came up to them, greeting the two Jedi. Giving them a brief rundown of what had happened, Okkeus finally learned the mans name: Daelil. Apparently he out of 'blind rage' as the manager called it three someone against a wall with ease. Yep, that is the force alright. Once they arrived at the cell the manager said his goodbye and contiued on with his work. He probably has more important places to be.

Waving his hand toward Caden he let his Padawan take the lead on this one. Good to let him get some more experience. Once his Padawan finished he decided to add onto the statement.

"You know, we don't just get transmissions everyday about someone being thrown against a wall through 'blind rage.' Have you ever experienced stuff like this before?"

Daelil Morr

D
Daelil glanced up at the sound of people entering the holding area, his good eye narrowing slightly as the security troopers moved away from their post, glancing down nervously at the floor. Daelil spotted the overseer deactivating the cells energy field, and Daelil had barely been able to push himself to his feet, a glare across his face before the sweating man practically sprinted away. Confused, Daelil was about to take a step towards the now open cell when two new figures walked in.

Almost immediately, Daelil slumped backwards onto the stone slab at the far end of the cell, the only furniture provided other than a lavatory section. Before they even spoke, Daelil felt something about them that was different. His suspicions were proven right when the two Jedi spoke up, and Daelil lowered his head in defeat. It seemed the hope of getting out of this without punishment or attention was no longer a possibility.

He glanced up again however when he registered what they had actually said. "Force user? No, no that cannot be right. No one in my family has ever been a force user. I just got lucky is all. The overseer just wasn't prepared for me to grab him, that's all..." Even as he spoke though, the doubt in his voice was clear to hear. He had been trying to rationalize what had happened to him since he was thrown in to this cell, and even the story he had convinced himself of sounded like a weak argument. The overseer was nearly twice his weight and size, and on his best days Daelil would never have been able to even lift the man. To be able to throw him through a wall...

Folding his hands in front of him, Daelil glanced up at the two Jedi, a bit of defiance in his eyes. "No, something like this has not happened before, and if I am going to be punished for this, then I want the record to show that I threw the overseer through the wall, not against it. I want some credit for this if I am going to be taking a fall..."

Through?

That was actually pretty impressive. Caden believed it as well, he could feel the force potential radiating from the Twi'lek. He would make an exceptional Jedi if trained correctly, if he was taught to tap into that potential and use it in the right way, the correct way.

"If you're not a force user, why can I feel a power radiating from you that's stronger than any I've felt during my time at the academy?"

He had felt stronger, of course. Many of the Jedi he had come across in the field had pretty strong force connections and extremely high potentials of achieving something big. He was partly saying it to make the Twi'lek feel more positive about himself and also partly because it was true, the Jedi in the academy were bloody idiots and needed to know it.

"We're not here to punish you, my friend. You have a unique gift, genetic. Sometimes it doesn't come from a close family member, sometimes it comes from a distant relative. Sometimes parents have this gift and hide it from their children. Either way, it's unique. With the correct amount of training you could become something special, something greater"

He looked at his master.

"How am I doing? This talking this is hard"

Daelil Morr | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

He was a little suprised at how well his Padawan was doing. He answered Daelil's question very well, provide correct information and try to comfort the confused convict. Caden looked over at Okkeus, pssoibly a little out of breathe.

"How am I doing? This talking is hard."

Giving him a thumbs up he decided that he could do the next part of the talking. Taking a step infront of Caden he got close to the man. Since Daelil was sitting down he crouched down, resting on his legs. Making eye contact he could sense the raw force generating from this man. Sitting there for about thirty seconds, staring, he stood back up. An idea popped into his head.

"If you want to, I would like you to please try something for me."

Sitting on a small table in the cell was a spoon. Grabbing it off the table he then set it on the ground. If the man could concentrate hard enough he should be able to lift the spoon off of the ground.

"I want you to picture the spoon in your head. Close your eyes and focus just on the spoon, and its positioning. With your dominant hand imagine yourself lifting the spoon off of the ground. But, I don't want you to actually touch the spoon, but rather feel it."

Daelil Morr

D
Daelil stared mutely at the first Jedi, Caden he had called himself, as he tried to explain to the Twi'lek that he could in fact be a force sensitive. To be honest, the idea....terrified Daelil to a certain extent. More so that it was probably true than anything else. Everyone had heard the stories of the Jedi and Sith, both past and present, and tales of the wars they fought across the galaxy had at times been some of Daelil's favorite bedtime stories when he was younger.

That was then.

Now, he was being confronted with the possibility that he himself could become one of the great heroes that the workers of Fondor spoke of. He could become a warrior for justice and peace, with even the chance to make the galaxy a better place for people like himself. But the idea that he would become a soldier in the seemingly endless struggle between the force sensitive orders and empires in the galaxy. For a teenager, bordering on becoming an adult, who had spent his entire life on a space station less than twenty kilometres in size, the prospect was daunting.

He turned his focus to the other, Okkeus, as he grabbed a spoon Daelil had used for his earlier meal of greenish slime. Following the Knights instructions, Daelil closed his eyes, focusing his mind on the spoon. Nothing happened for a minute or two, and small beads of sweat began to form on Daelil's head as he stared down at the spoon in his mind. A flash of anger flew through his mind at his inability to complete the task the Jedi asked of him, and in that moment, there was the sound of screaming metal. Snapping his eyes open, Daelil looked down to see the spoon hovering off the ground, but twisted and reshaped into a crude image of what it had once been.

He looked on slowly.

Everyone had heard the stories of the Jedi and the Sith. He wasn't sure how well the Twi'lek male would take the news. He had attempted to make the news sound more positive, less intimidating. He didn't know how well he had done it, but the thumbs up from Okkeus gave him a sense of relief.

Caden looked away for a few moments and let out a gentle sigh of relief.

When he looked back there was a spoon in front of him, hovering. He was certainly not levitating it, his arms were crossed and his hands hidden. He didn't in any way feel like he was reaching out with the force and touching the spoon. Nothing was coming from him.

He could feel the force coming from the Twi'lek however. The spoon levitating was purely from the twi'lek male. He was impressed, he couldn't deny that. It took him (Caden) a while to learn to levitate things, and the Twi'lek had done it in a matter of moments.

He looked at Okkeus, and smiled. He was like a proud parent, it had gone so well. He hoped, in many ways, that Okkeus was as proud of the Twi'lek as he was. He was starting to understand why teaching people gave such a thrill to certain people, it was a good feeling when they did well.

Then the noise started.

The spoon mangled and twisted, yet it wasn't an issue. Everyone failed at least once in their lives. One of the masters in the temple had taught him that failure was a necessity to learn. You had to mess up at least once to learn how to do something correctly.

He gave a slow clap, and nodded to Okkeus.

Okkeus was impressed that the Twi'lek was levitating the spoon. Not many people got it on their first try. This was a good measure of how good of a connection the man had. He returned Caden's smile with is own. Hopefully they had just recruited a new Jedi.

He flinched. Closing his eyes tightly he heard the sound of screeching metal. He had crashed enough ships and broken enough items to know that was never a good noises. When it stopped he slowly opened them, revealing the crumpled spoon lying on the ground. Anger was coming out of the Twi'lek, and he wondered if Caden could sense it as well. Deciding to keep the situation cool he began to talk.

"Very good. Not many people get it on their first try. Plus, the spoon crumpling is not a big deal. It all just comes from proper training."

Hoping that Daelil wasn't too upset with the spoon being crushed, Okkeus thought about his next question. He wanted to invite the man to join them, return to the temple, and train. But what if he ere was a possibility that the Sith might find them, and that wouldn't be good.

"Tell you what: how would you like to come back to the Jedi Temple with my Padawan and I? There we could get you proper training, where you can truly put your gift to good use."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom