Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aat-478

18bd95c73c3333e2cd54f7cf7c5582aa-d3koqp9.jpg

Image: http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/8/7129/thumb_620x2000/18bd95c73c3333e2cd54f7cf7c5582aa-d3koqp9.jpg

Source: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=red_dusk/detail=factbook/id=428920

Intent: To keep those pesky fighters out of the sky. Or to provide Artillery support (AA or artillery)

Development Thread:N/A

Manufacturer: Inquistion Industries

Model: AaT-478

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: Some (Ammunition, Sensors,)

Production: Minor-Produced

Material: Durasteel, quadranium plating, aluminium, computer components

Role: Anti Air, artillery

Height: 16m (Barrels up, 30 m)

Length: 35m

Width: 20m

Weight: 160 tons

Minimum Crew: 2 (1 Driver, 1 Sensors,Cannons

Optimal Crew: 5 (1 driver, 1 turret, 2 ammunition, 1 Communications/Sensors/Cannons)

Propulsion: Repulsorlift

Top Speed: 60 KM/H

Armaments:
Twin Plasma 100 mm Cannons
Effective Range: Battlefield
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic (Left barrel, Right Barrel. Using both simultaneously could effect the aiming system.) 70 per/min
Special Features: (Even if you've discussed your features at length in the Description line of the Base Template, this is a good place to list them.)

2 Anti Missile Octets
Rage:700 Kilometers

1 Top mounted plasma machine gun
Effective Range: 254 M
Max Range: 385 M
Rate of Fire: Single Action Combined 30 Bolts per minute
Special Features: N/A

Squadron Count: 6

Passenger Capacity: 10

Cargo Capacity: 10 tons

Misc. Equipment: (All electronics are Emp hardened. Protected against Emp and ion Weapons )
Advance Sensors/Radar
2 Short Ranged EMP (vehicle is not effected by EMP because the electronics are EMP Hardened. It will not be effected by the emp due to it triggers the strongest hardened when the blast goes off. But this does not fully protect it against other emps. Also the recharge time for the emps are 18 minutes.)
Range: 0.321869 Kilometers (If vehicles are EMP hardened the vehicle will not be fully protected by it. it will only reduce the effect.

Description:
The AaT-478 Was created to take care of those pesky unwanted Ships. The Aat-478 Isn't your traditional AA Gun it has the capability of shooting farther and higher them most guns. 100mm cannons allow this machine to take out drop ships before they are even able to defend them selfs. Being bombarded by Artillery? No problem the AaT-478 Can also be used as a Artillery Vehicle as well so no mater were the enemy is you can always fire upon them!

Those ships get to close to your Aat-478 no worry's. The Aat-478 is equipped with a single deffense turret capable to pierce most ships armor. That didn't work either? Well then as a last resort you can use the 10 SRMD's the Aat-478 has equipped. But if any Ships get to close and you can always use your EMP to catch those ships!

But be care full the SRMD's are exposed on the Aat-478 so a direct hit with a large enough laser and it could blow up your own Vehicle.

Also the Aat-478 under belly isn't protected like most vehicles so if it runs over a mine it is sure to be disabled.
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
[member="Nova 'Creation'"]
Hi there and welcome to the factory.

This submission is pretty good, but I just need a few clarifications made.

Nova 'Creation' said:
Twin Plasma 100mm Cannons
10 Short Range Missile Defenses (SRMD's)
1 Top mounted plasma machine gun
I need to know the Range and Rate of fire for all these. I assume the Plasma Cannons and Plasma Rifle are in effect Particle Accelerators. If I am wrong please clarify how they are different from Blasters or Turbolaser Cannons.

Because its role is Artillery I would suggest anywhere from 10-15 Kilometers for the main weapons
10 Short Range Missile Defenses (SRMD's) These I am guessing are Anti-Missile Missiles. If so might I suggest a pair of Anti Missile Octets Instead.
Most Rifles on the board are about 150-400 Meter ranges for the secondary gun and vary on rate of fire.

Below I have included the relevant sections of the Ranged Weapon Template for the information I have requested. You can include this information in the description if you would like.
Effective Range: (Personal, Battlefield, Starfighter, Capital Ship. Feel no need to use numbers. 'Equivalent to a laser cannon' or 'equivalent to a standard blaster rifle' is acceptable. The more detail, the better. Also, remember this is effective range. A mass driver in space may have an infinite range, but it can only effectively hit targets at normal ship combat ranges.)
Rate of Fire: (Single action, pump action, semi-automatic, fully automatic, etc.)
Special Features: (Even if you've discussed your features at length in the Description line of the Base Template, this is a good place to list them.)

Nova 'Creation' said:
Height: 25m (Barrels up, 40 m)
Length: 30 m
Width: 25m
Weight: 160 tons
This isn't a problem, but this vehicle is huge. Bigger than an AT-AT in every aspect.

Nova 'Creation' said:
Radar Scramblers
Short Ranged EMP
I need to know the limitations, functions, and capabilities of both of these.
Things like the range, what sensors can power through it, does it only scramble standard radar. As for the EMP, I am guessing you mean something like the Matrix version, which would render the vehicle inert as well. But in order to know whether it is acceptable, I need to know its pulse radius.

Nova 'Creation' said:
2 Short Ranged EMP (vehicle is not effected by EMP because the electronics are EMP Hardened. It will not be effected by the emp due to it triggers the strongest hardened when the blast goes off. But this does not fully protect it against other emps. Also the recharge time for the emps are 18 minutes.) Range: 0.321869 Kilometers (If vehicles are EMP hardened the vehicle will not be fully protected by it. it will only reduce the effect.
Lets just go with EMP Hardened Electronics.
I have done this in the past by using copper shielded quartz lined wires and internal layering
If you would like to keep this aspect the vehicle will either need 10 Posts of Development or need to be dropped to Minor Production, and will only be resistant to EMP and Ion weapons, not Immune to them.

Nova 'Creation' said:
Radar Scramblers 0.09144 Kilometers (This can effect all Radar Scrambles that aren't Hardened or set to a stronger frequency then the scrambler.)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/4x-Phantom_short-range_sensor_jammer
This Canon Version offers the what you are looking for and can be a good jumping off point for describing the effects of a sensor scrambler

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sensor_scrambler
This is a stub which is why I suggest working off the first one as a base, or using it altogether
If you choose to simply use the Canon version, I will ask that you add 5 Posts of development to the requested above, or drop production to Minor
I would also ask that you describe the system in the description, primarily its effects and limitations.

Nova 'Creation' said:
10 Anti Missile Octets
Lets lower this to 2 Anti-Missile Octets. 10 would be a large number to feature on a corvette.

Nova 'Creation' said:
Effective Range: Equivalent to a laser cannon. Effective range against moving targets is at 500 Meters. Effective range against stationary targets 1000 Meters at a straight shot. Can very on angle and level of Vehicle. Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic (Left barrel, Right Barrel. Using both simultaneously could effect the aiming system.) 70 per/min
Effective Range: Battlefield (My reasoning is that 1 Kilometer is a very short range for a main weapon)
Rate of Fire: Single Action Combined 30 Bolts per minute

Nova 'Creation' said:
Advance Sensors/Radar Radar Range: 75 meters for Surface & 100 Meters in Air
You can just leave off the range of this system.

Nova 'Creation' said:
2 Short Ranged EMP (vehicle is not effected by EMP because the electronics are EMP Hardened. It will not be effected by the emp due to it triggers the strongest hardened when the blast goes off. But this does not fully protect it against other emps. Also the recharge time for the emps are 18 minutes.) Range: 0.321869 Kilometers (If vehicles are EMP hardened the vehicle will not be fully protected by it. it will only reduce the effect.
EMP Hardening is possible, but I don't know what it is you are attempting to describe.

EMP Resistance:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cap_drain
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ion_shield

EMP Hardening:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hardening
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_shielding

It sounds like you are trying to do a counter Pulse to disrupt the attacking EMP. Most EMP's are grenades that would detonate in mere meters of the hull, though there are a few weak emplacements that emit a small cone of effect similar to an LRAD. The system you are describing might be effective against the latter, but not the former.

While you can use the system you have described I will need a good deal more detail about it.

Alternatively, I suggest using some form of the ones I have linked to provide RESISTANCE to EMP Attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom