Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AA-MSR "Scout's Eye"

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Cerberus Enterprise
  • Model: AA-MSR "Scouts Eye"
  • Affiliation: Closed Market, Permission of use from Cerberus Enterprise/Atheus
  • Modularity: Yes
  • Production: Minor
  • Material:
    Carbon fiber
  • Durasteel,
  • Alusteel

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Shatter rifle/Slugthrower
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 140 cm
  • Weight: 3.1 kgs - 4.5 kgs
  • Ammunition Type:
    Rifle Configuration: 7.62×63mm caliber equivalent,
  • Sniper Rifle Configuration: .338 Lapua Caliber equivalent.

[*]Ammunition Capacity:
  • Rifle Configuration: Mag capacity of 20 rounds,
  • Sniper Rifle configuration: Mag Capacity of 5 rounds

[*]Effective Range:
  • Rifle configuration - 500 meters,
  • Sniper Rifle Configuration - 1600 meters

[*]Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic only
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Modular barrels for Long ranged rifle, and for Sniper rifle configurations.
  • Force-imbued Scope to provide Limited Force Sight. (Limited to Sniper scope)
  • Rifle provides limited Emptiness Effect.
Strengths:
  • Rifle has two possible configurations. Sniper Rifle, and Long Ranged Assault rifle.
  • Anything past 50 meters? This is the rifle for you.
  • Sniper Scope provides a limited form of Force Sense. Allowing the user to see in lowlight to night time conditions. Allows user to see through smoke, walls. People behind walls will show up as an outline.
  • The rifle itself provides a very limited form of a force skill called Emptiness. Allowing the user to concentrate upon the target, and to not let outside forces affect the aim, or use of the rifle.
Weaknesses:
  • While the sniper scope allows a person to see behind walls, It cannot tell the difference between ally, enemy, male, female, or species to species. It only shows an outline of the person behind the wall. An exception may be a species difference between a human, and a wookie. or clear differences between two species such as size, or extra limbs/appendages/tails.
  • Emptiness does prevent distractions from occurring. However, if someone as merely shake the user, they can be taken out of this state. Any physical contact will break the concentration. This can also extent to loud noises that exceed 100 decibels. Grenades, Flash-bang, concussive, or even species that can bellow/scream at a higher pitch can break concentration as well. It only blocks out minor things.
  • The rifle configuration was built for long range, precise aiming, and timed firing patterns. This is not a house clearing weapon, nor a close quarters weapon. Should someone be running at you anywhere under 50 meters, its advised to put this weapon away, and produce a close ranged weapon to defend yourself. Should the rifle be in the standard AR configuration, then it is possible to use within 50 meters, but it is still advised to use a different weapon.
  • Swapping of barrels takes time, and requires a semi-clean environment you don't want to be doing this in the mud, water, or extremely dusty environment.
  • Light matierals are use for the stock of the weapon. Recoil when using the Sniper rifle configuration kicks extremely hard. Where as the standard rifle configuration just has a harder kick than other rifles with a smaller caliber or heavier stock.
  • The sniper rifle barrel has the scope permanently attached to the detachable barrel. While this prevents time needed to remove the scope, it also means during transit, if the scope were to be smacked hard enough, it could disrupt the stilts upon which the scope rests, and thus screw up the aim for the rifle. Requiring sight adjusting.
DESCRIPTION
Cerberus is a company that has currently made various rifles and weapons for the use of closer engagements, or at medium distances. Meant for clearing areas, close quarter combat, or otherwise anything under 500 meters worth of range. Thus this rifle was created for the use of anyone wanting to exceed that range. While in rifle configuration, it's great for ranged combat from 50 -500 meters. Steady hands, and precise aiming is the name of the game. With the ability to switch out the barrel for a sniper rifle configuration, this rifle can reach ranges up to 1600 meters. This rifle is generally used as a sniper rifle first, and only modified to be an assault rifle for closer situations, or when in tighter urban areas.

Enhanced through the force via imbuement, The rifle provides emptiness for precise aiming and to reduce distractions, as well as limited force sight with the sniper scope to allow the user to see through walls, and through conditions that would otherwise block the sniper's view.

However, this rifle requires a lot of maintenance out of battle, and requires the use of two barrels, and enough ammo for both configurations. Generally a sniper will carry with them 20 sniper rounds, and 80 rounds of the standard rifle configuration. However, this still means it's more ammo than necessary, and tacks on extra weight for the person to use.

Xander Carrick said:
-Modular rifles require higher maintenance due to multiple moving parts compared to a singular rifle platform.
-Requires carrying an extra barrel, and extra ammo for both configurations.

This isn't really a weakness as it is more a function of the weapon system. It's like saying having to carry a lightsaber is a weakness because you actually have to carry it. Remove these both.

Xander Carrick said:
Force-imbued Scope to provide Limited Force Sight. (Limited to Sniper scope)

Cira said:
Alchemized Artifacts/Items [including methods of Force Imbument, Alkahest, Jal Shey, etc] that provide lightsaber resistance and/or Major Force benefits (( Embark on a quest to research, locate and recover or create the alchemized, Force Imbued, Force artifact/item in question. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.))

Provide a link to the thread in which this was developed/found/alchemized.

We can start with this. Btw I love a good bullpup weapon. Good choice in look.

[member="Xander Carrick"]

[member="The Major"],

The Major said:
This isn't really a weakness as it is more a function of the weapon system. It's like saying having to carry a lightsaber is a weakness because you actually have to carry it. Remove these both.
I added it for simplicity sake and to cover my ass if the question was asked. As you say, I have removed it.

The Major said:
Provide a link to the thread in which this was developed/found/alchemized.
I had forgot that you guys added force altered items to the list of restricted materials. Thus I have no current thread active. However, I can easily do a thread later today after work. I will tag you once I have completed, and added the thread.

Thank you. Always have enjoyed bullpup designs such as the AUG and FAMAS.

Xander Carrick said:
I added it for simplicity sake and to cover my ass if the question was asked. As you say, I have removed it.

You had the right inclination here though. Be sure to add those features to either the special feature tab or in the description in your final draft. You'll probably have to find another limitation in their place, but for now let's work on the dev thread.

Xander Carrick said:
I have no current thread active. However, I can easily do a thread later today after work.

Remember to ensure the thread you do meets the criteria and quality standard of telling a complete story.

Finally, isn't the AUG just such a sleek looking weapon? It's dated as all Hades and still looks like something out of the future. Also a fan of the P90. Anyway, no need to geek out here on weapons. Looking forward to your dev thread.

[member="Xander Carrick"]

[member="Artemis Nightstalker"]

Any progress on this submission?

Will archive the submission since it's been over a week. Please notify the staff as per guidelines and we will continue the process when ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom