Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AA-AFB "Blunderbuss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Artstation
Intent: To create a energy based weapon that can stun, and be lethal at the same time.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Cerberus Enterprise
Model: AA-AFB "Blunderbuss"
Affiliation: Independent/Cerberus Enterprise
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Blaster components,
Classification: Blaster Shotgun
Size: Handheld
Length: 60 cm
Weight: 1.8 kgs
Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
Ammunition Capacity: Power cell lasts for 8 shots, Gas Canister lasts for 32 shots
Effective Range: Personal. Shotgun range
Rate of Fire: Single action.
Special Features:
  • Eats through Force Barriers/Shields
  • Blaster Shotgun
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
  • Enhanced through Sith Alchemy, the blaster has the possibility to blast through various kinds of force shielding. Be it, Force Barrier, or Force Shield, or other like minded abilities.
  • Fires in a spray. Allowing for the user to not have to worry about getting all precise with firing when in close quarters with a force user.
Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
  • Altered by Sith Alchemy, causes the shotgun to be heavier than expected. Carrying the weapon in anything other than a holster or in your hand isn't recommended.
  • Recoil is a pain in the hand, arm, shoulder, and your rear. Firing this weapon as fast as you possibly can is not recommended in any form. Stronger species such as wookies, Null, and the like can control it more easily, but will still have recoil.
  • Requires user to be within shotgun range of force users. High risk, high reward.
  • Reload is rather long. Opening hatch style to pop out the power cell, and throwing in a new one.
  • Can't eat through other forms of shields. Only Force related ones.
  • Should the effects of the shotgun affect a force barrier, it could damage the shields, or completely destroy the shield. (PVP damage is at the digression of the opponent.)
  • Simple blaster bolts otherwise.
  • Single Action fire requires the hammer to be pulled back before each shot fired. Slowing down fire rate.
Description:
A weapon to use against those who use force barriers, or force shields. The short barreled, sawn-off style shotgun is built heavy, durable, and to destroy force shielding powers. This weapon is not for the feint of heart, or the arm. Having a rather large recoil, and being hefty to begin with, this weapon is not for everybody.

Altered with the dark side of the force very marginally, it makes the weapon much heavier than expected. As well, the effects of the weapon are not perfect. Knight leveled characters who are well versed in the usage of such a weapon could still defend themselves against these shotgun blasts. Generally taking a one to a few shots to take out. Masters within the force, and those who are advanced within using such abilities will find that the weapon weakens the barrier much faster than other conventional weapons.

The shotgun is great for this. Spreading damage out in a small cone towards the target, and allows the user to focus on firing the weapon in the direction of the person, instead of having to aim up one bolt or bullet to hit the target. Considering the user is within close proximity to the force user, the user of the weapon would want to keep their attention on their target, instead of their sights.
Primary Source: N/A

[member="Atheus"] - For this, given it's capabilities, i'd like some sort of numbers on how many at a time are allowed in circulation/to be produced. Doesn't have to be exact. Can be as broad/vague as '5-10' or even 'Around a dozen' but just something to give us an idea.

Also, semi-auto for a shotgun of this caliber for a rate of fire is a bit much, given the abilities of this gun. I'd suggest maybe pump-action. Keeps the shotgun feel and keeps it a bit better balance.

[member="Julius Sedaire"], Its not a pump action shotgun. Its a hatch/revolver style as pictured in the link.

I can change it from Semi-auto to single action if that would alleviate some the problem. Requiring the person to pull back a hammer every time they want to shoot.

[member="Atheus"]

I am not comfortable with the concept of a scattergun that can burst through shields. Even at Semi unique with no development whatsoever.

So options.

1) Drop this down to unique.
2) Add in that in a PVP environment, damages is as always, at the discretion of the opponent.
3) edit the following:
  • Enhanced through Sith Alchemy, the blaster has the innate ability to blast through various kinds of force shielding. Be it, Force Barrier, or Force Shield, or other like minded abilities.
  • Force Powers that are used by higher ranked characters can withstand this blast, but severely damage or drain the shield if still standing. Requiring multiple blasts.
Into that it has the "potential" to weaken or blast through" & "but may potentially damage or drain"

4) Please provide a development thread of about 10 to 15 posts for this blunderbuss.

[member="Cira"], Edits have been made. However a clarification from you.

You mention options, yet list all that I need to do as a necessity. So are you telling me either I can edit it and not do a Development thread, or will I still be required to do all that you have provided me?

As always, thank you for judging my submission.

Sorry for the confusion. Seems like half of what I'd written down disappeared in my copy and past. Let me go ahead and break this down in regards to the submission.

Your Intent is to create an energy weapon that can stun and be lethal at the same time.

Atheus said:
Intent: To create a energy based weapon that can stun, and be lethal at the same time.
However, the weapon that you have follows a completely different desirability.

Atheus said:
Eats through Force Barriers/Shields
So, let's see what we can do to make this a little more feasible with canon technology!

In essence, you are trying to make a weapon that could potentially wear down the stamina of a Force User. If you are going to use Force Alchemy, a weapon like this will end up pretty heavy -- heavier than the Weight: 1.8 kgs.

Force Imbuement, on the other hand, shouldn't have issues on weight. Here is a suggestion to get this approved.

• Instead of going for alchemy and trying to destroy force barriers, go for a crystal that is in the scatter gun itself that when used, may potentially drain the stamina of the target through subsequent hits. What you are aiming for is for the force user to become tired quicker, rather than just punch through Force bubbles. It then follows along the intent you are going for.
  • Change your description to state the following: "The blaster bolts potentially cause the barrier to become more taxing on the person using it because the blaster bolts put a greater strain on the bubble's stamina use. Thus it is more effective on force barriers because it makes them utilize more energy than before."
  • Let's take off the odd Knight to master requisitions. That's a bit too wordy and confusing.

Here is my suggestion:

• Do a 10 to 15 dev thread for the following abilities ( because there isn't an exact canon crystal that does force diminish and applies it in this method)
  • Add in your materials one "Force imbued Empeth Crystal with Force Diminish"
  • Change the concept to the following:

Special Features:
  • The blaster bolts may potentially cause a Force barrier to become more taxing on the person using a Force Barrier.
  • Blaster Shotgun
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
  • The blaster bolts powered by a Force-imbued crystal with Force Diminished potentially cause the barrier to become more taxing on the person using it because the blaster bolts put a greater strain on the barrier's stamina use. Thus it is more effective on force barriers because it makes the target utilize more energy than before.
  • Fires in a spray. Allowing for the user to not have to worry about getting all precise with firing when in close quarters with a force user.
Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
  • Recoil is a pain in the hand, arm, shoulder, and your rear. Firing this weapon as fast as you possibly can is not recommended in any form. Stronger species such as wookiees, Null, and the like can control it more easily, but will still have recoil.
  • Requires user to be within shotgun range of force users. High risk, high reward.
  • Reload is rather long. Opening hatch style to pop out the power cell, and throwing in a new one.
  • Single Action fire requires the hammer to be pulled back before each shot fired. Slowing down fire rate.
Description:

To create this weapon, a Force Enhancing Empeth Crystal was imbued to become a weaker version of a Life-Drain crystal. This crystal was imbued with the power of Force Diminish, potentially enabling the user to cause damage to an opponent's health and vitality, for example, when the target used a Force Barrier.

The blaster bolts may potentially cause the barrier to become more taxing on the person using it because the blaster bolts put a greater strain on the barrier's stamina use. Thus it is more effective on force barriers because it makes the target utilize more energy than before.

The shotgun is great for this. Spreading damage out in a small cone towards the target, and allows the user to focus on firing the weapon in the direction of the person, instead of having to aim up one bolt or bullet to hit the target. Considering the user is within close proximity to the force user, the user of the weapon would want to keep their attention on their target, instead of their sights. As a note, the granularity of the blunderbuss's effects allows the target's RP'er a wide latitude in determining the result of a hit.

[member="Cira"],

That would seem a lot more feasible. I thank you for your time in helping to come up with this. honestly, I just threw this out here as a side Idea I had one night. So I want, and need to work on this. However, I am already stacked with threads that are going to take a while to complete. So I will have to come back to this another time. I would like to ask for this to be archived so I can work on it at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom