Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A young spirit and an old weapon

Aurum
Azar City
Landing in the cities hangar ,He had been lazing about in his cockpit. Boots up on the console while clutching his crystal in his hand. To pass the time he spent having less then meaningful banter with his astromech Clover .

"It's not for jewelry the color isn't supposed to match my eyes"
"Then what's its purpose its basically a shiny rock and rocks are useless" "You can throw them"
"Whats a rock to a blaster ,honestly, blaster beats rock any day "

" Whatever ,..you wanna go into the city" he said while jumping out from his ship.

"No I'm going to guard the ship to make sure no one steals it" "When has anyone stolen it" "Exactly"

Using the force to levitate Clover out of the astromech socket , He let out a frustrated beep.
"Come on you'll love it, and plus i want you to meet somebody anyway"

Heading for the gates , he finally entered through the city. The air was different from what he was used to .The sight of rows of tall buildings was astounding though it didn't match with the aerial view of the jungle planet. The people were doing their day to day in markets and on street corners. At least somethings stayed the same no matter which planet you were on. It gave him a bit of relief.

He began roaming hoping to bump into his teacher around with his droid partner following closely behind .mostly thinking back on Talus when he had first saw a lightsaber. How would his look? , why did it matter to him. Maybe the thought of going through all this effort to build it made him want it to be a reflection of him.

[member="Jyn Lorr"]

If someone had told her when they first landed in Azar City that the place would soon be bustling with life and look even half as beautiful as it currently did, Jyn would have laughed.

The truth was that the progress which had been made since the Je'daii colonized this world was astounding. Buildings which had been torn asunder now stood tall, and people who had been downtrodden now found purpose, had homes and families and friends. They did not suffer to survive as they had back then, in fact they brought back aspects of their culture they had long since forgotten, festivities and holidays and little quirks which set them apart from the rest of the Galaxy.

Every time she ventured out from the Archive and into the bustling City she was reminded of everything which had happened to bring them to this point. The good and the bad. It was humbling if nothing else.

Kipo scampered up her arm in order to settle upon her shoulder. She smiled over at the little monkey and gave him a quick fuss behind the ear, before continuing along down her path. Perhaps she would seek out one of the new cafe's established by the men and women who migrated here from Bakura, treat herself to lunch. It had been a taxing morning so far, after all, as she worked to piece together the diary of Lanoree Brock and catalog its contents into a digital format.

So much had happened since [member="Arekk"] had gifted the journal to her that she had quite forgotten about its dire need of repair.

[member="Kid Starburn"]

Rhaeon was casually continuing to walk the city streets , hands behind his head and sticking to the sidewalk .The weather was great outside it was bright and warm and all had been good in the galaxy . Except the constant pestering from clover which was starting to take its toll.

He had wanted to stay on the ship and would not forget to remind him every city block.
"Can i go back..please" "Nope"
"I still can't believe your doing all this for a sword you already have one "
" Yes but this time its a laser sword technically" "same difference" "Listen ya little ...

He had been cutoff by the feeling of something hitting the back of his leg. Looking back to see a couple of local kids surprised by the fact one of them had overshot the ball . Seeing this as an opportunity to shamelessly show off, he levitated the ball back to them and watching to see their astonished looks.
"Woah"
"gee your one of em Je'daii aren't ya"
"Thats wizard "

Tempted to overexagerrate and wow them, but his lack of a lightsaber would give him away as a beginner.
"Yeah kid only a student, anyways you guys have fun and try not to kick it too hard ya know and no aimin at heads"
"We will"

When turning back to continue strolling he was interrupted but this time by himself, he was thirsty, all this time travelling from one planet to the next builds up a thirst . So before the kids were out of sight he asked
"by the way can you guys point me in the way of somewhere to get somethin to drink" he asked with a hint of kindness in his voice.They pointed to the left , a cafe no to far from where he was , thanking them he then began to walk in the direction they pointed .

But before moving on Clover had to be a smartmouth

"Your such a hack"
"Buzz off"

[member="Jyn Lorr"]

Now sat within a cafe, sipping tea and reading over a memo on her datapad, Jyn felt infinitely better.

Sometimes all it took was a few moments to unwind and relax to set everything right in the world. Kipo was munching on a couple of dried fruit pieces she had brought for him, though when her food arrived moments later he eyed that up too. Had her wondering whether or not [member="Arekk"] had been feeding the chubby little guy from his plate.

The pair of them were an unrelenting force where food was concerned.

"Thank you," she said to the waitress before she ventured back off and left Jyn to her thoughts. She reached out, and began to use a knife and fork to cut up the meat and veggie sticks. It had taken every ounce of willpower she had to refrain from ordering panna cakes. They were her favourite, but she could never claim they were even remotely good for her.

[member="Kid Starburn"]

Looking up to view the signs of the stores to see which one read cafe, while he walked he felt lost for a minute . He lost focus, believing he had passed it already . His suspicions had been right, no places around even looked like they sold refreshments .While all this was going on Clover had been way too quiet. Snickering to himself as if he had known something .

He finally chimed in
"We passed the place by two blocks already , I've just been watching you struggle " he said laughing hysterically

"Funny ..real funny Clove" Rhaeon said unamused at the trick.

Too tired to even fight with him he started turning around , walking back. Eventually stopping at the place that clearly read cafe. When he opened the door the smell of food and everything else they were making in the back hit him all at once .

A waitress had approached him and welcomed him to the cafe , she then started to ask him where he had wanted to sit , looking at all the seats around he noticed something on the spot ,a familiar face.

quickly and kindly declining he started walking over to see his mentor seated at one of the tables. She seemed to be enjoying herself in the company of her little pet on the t.

"Hey i remember you from talus little guy, ah Jyn i didn't know you were here " He said sarcastically pulling up a chair , with clover right next to him.

"Long time no see teach, so about that next lesson"

[member="Jyn Lorr"]

She got not three bites into her meal before a voice interrupted.

At first she was surprised, and turned toward whoever it was as if to question just why it was they had come to her table, after all there were so many other tables spare. When she saw who it was, however, and realized what he had said, she let out the breath she had been holding and chuckled.

"Lovely to see you as always, Rhae."

With one hand she signaled for the waitress to head over so that he could order something to eat or drink while they spoke. Kipo was quick to bound from her shoulder, first sniffing at Kid in remembrance before launching himself onto the companion droid in utter confusion.

"Don't worry, he won't do your friend any harm."

Leaning back in her seat, she regarded him for a moment. They were overdue a lesson, that was true. "What do you have in mind, Padawan?" After all, for the most part Jyn liked to give her students autonomy over what they learned, even if there would always be a handful of subjects she insisted upon.

[member="Kid Starburn"]

What to learn , What to learn ,that's all he was thinking repeatedly at the time while he sat there .

The reason for seeking out a teacher in the first place was to gain a better understanding of the force. But she had just given him an option on what he wanted to learn .He felt around for the crystal in his pocket and then had it folded between his hand 's on the table.

He was at first unsure , but it finally hit him what he wanted was, " Fizzwater, will be fine ,thanks" , he said nicely to the waitress, who had been signaled over. He quickly then looked over to his right to see clover squinting at him intensely. Jyn's little one was climbing around him curiously ,and it must have made him a bit confused. This caused Rhaeon to sneer a bit

"Be nice clover" he said with a hint of sarcasm
"hmph You owe me for this" the droid beeped sourly

He eased back in his chair and turned back over to her , he started
"Well anyways teach i was wondering if we could put this to some use "
He unclenched his hands to reveal his crystal.

" I know about how it powers lightsabers ya know, your laser sword.tsk.Heard about it from stories when i was younger .I guess since i'm now apart of some bigger picture by the force ,something which is still strange to me still, there’s eventually gonna be some lessons on it .But until then , a sword that's something I know ,we could start there.

[member="Jyn Lorr"]

The way in which the boy and his droid interacted had her grinning from ear to ear.

So many people in this Galaxy treated droids like second class citizens, something there to fulfill a purpose and nothing more. To know that her student was capable of having fun with his, to treat it like a companion as opposed to a device, was a relief. It showed he had a level of empathy.

"C'mere, Kipo," she said, offering the fat monkey another treat so that he would leave the poor droid alone. Naturally he hurried over to her, settling back upon her shoulder to chow down while Jyn herself took another bite of her food and allowed Rhae time to contemplate her question.

Finally he pulled out a crystal, the one they had discovered in the Crystal Caves of Ahn, and she glanced to it curiously.

"You wish to construct your first lightsaber?" She pondered it for a moment, before finally nodding her head, "That is certainly something we can do. Have you studied the process at all?"

[member="Kid Starburn"]

"No, but its lucky i ran into you , cause i'll need your help with just that ya know " He said cheery

Rhaeon was never the type of person to like asking for help , always wanting to seem capable rather than overly dependent on others. But for this sort of task he would need the support of his master, who knew more about these types of things then him

Eventually the waitress had walked back over to the table , setting the drink down and leaving with a smile. Taking a break to take a few sips. Remembering he was still holding the crystal , he then put it back into his pocket for safe keeping

While he was finishing up drinking , he was about ready to listen on how to make his new weapon. The lightsaber it was stronger in power to the sword he carried on his belt .Skillfully in the right hands it could be just as lethal he thought. But something had interrupted his clear thinking, something all too familiar.

~~ A Foolish thought boy ,The sword in your possession is a mere trinket compared to that of a lightsaber ~~

It was him, Rhaeon had been stubborn holding back whats been happening but he wanted answers.

He started
"I have a few questions Jyn , the lightsaber was it just used by Jedi and Je'daii alike or is there something else . What are they called ?. In the holocron, its this it felt like anger and death some kind of thing i can't even explain it fully"

[member="Jyn Lorr"]

She shook her head and could not help but chuckle slightly.

To some, researching was an integral part of the process. Hitting the library was simple, or even scouring the holonet in search of something. For others, though, they preferred to wing it. To learn on the fly, and hope they didn't miss any key steps. Her student, it seemed, was the latter.

"And what if I don't know how to make a lightsaber, hm? One day you will come to me wanting to know something I do not myself understand. There is an entire archive at your disposal, Rhae... Lucky for you it is a process I am familiar with."

She could feel the shift in his emotions, which had her frowning for a brief moment. Thankfully though this time he was prompted to ask her questions concerning it, rather than hiding it as he had done in the past.

"Originally the Je'daii didn't use them at all," she remarked, softly, "We just had our Force-Imbued blades, and eventually force sabers. But I digress, you speak of Sith, I presume? Though there are plenty of other Force Sects out there. I think, before we move on to constructing your lightsaber, we need to teach you how to counteract whatever it was that was in that holocron. You have been struggling since the day we found one another, and I was hoping you would come to me for help where it was concerned. You need to have a clear mind to be able to construct a lightsaber, Rhae, or else it will not work. And it can have disastrous consequences."

[member="Kid Starburn"]

"I get what you mean, when your not teaching me the basics I gotta figure the rest of this stuff out on my own . But jeez does this stuff really get to a disastrous level of hard . Tsk well if you didn't know how maybe i'd look for who ever trained you for help and if that doesn't work i'll go to whoever trained them and so on and so on. " he said snickering with his usual grin .

But it didn't last long. Sith, he thought finally he was given the name of what had been clouding over him since he found the holocron. The spirits title now gave new meaning Dark lord . Just thinking about it made him move a bit stiffly in his seat. He wanted to know more but knew , everything wouldn't be resolved in one sitting.

Knowing when something was bothering him Clover ,began beeping a bit worriedly
"Its alright boy nothing i can't handle,I'll live" he said petting the astromech to reassure him that he was fine.

Jyn was right, she noticed how he had been struggling since they met. His ideals as of now had to be on focusing and growing in his studies . If he wanted this connection to the spirit to end he would have to power through and succeed in his training.

"I'll focus Jyn be sure of that "
He started coming back around

[member="Jyn Lorr"]

"You will have a hard time finding the man who trained me, and much more the man who trained him. Thankfully we have a whole Order of men and women who know all manner of things. Between them you should be able to learn almost anything your heart desires. But that was not the point, I do know how to construct a lightsaber... But that does not mean you should not do at least a little research prior. You will learn more if you take the time to discover and understand."

He was grinning, however, which told her that he was for the most part simply joking around. He always seemed to have a smirk on his lips, perhaps it was a sign of hubris or maybe a way for him to mask his insecurities. She knew first hand how frustrating it could be to not understand something.

"Let us finish lunch, while we are here, and then we can head to the workshop for supplies. From there... I do believe we can find somewhere quiet, after all the Force is what will be at work more so than what the workshop has on offer. Have you been meditating, Rhae?"

[member="Kid Starburn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom