Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Weekly News Bulletin

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Hello, I come from the festering cesspool of First Order Skype Chat with an idea. I think a good idea to summarize the events of a week, would be to have a weekly, IC news bulletin. Now, the way we could have this in its most pure form is to have a "broadcast". This'd have a person reading out recent exchanges of territory, dominions, and just major IC events. This could be added with interviews with faction admins, or ranking officials within them.

Then, if we wanted another dimension of immersion, we could have each iteration hosted by a different major faction. For example, one week/month it'll be the Mandolorians, then the next it'll be the First Order, and so on, so forth. They'd then infuse the bulletin with their own biases, slants and all kinds of wonderful additions.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Lily Kuhn said:
How do you propose this is done?
2791a327d96bbea71794f95b19fd76c7.jpg

Quite easily, interview segments, and the whole damn thing could be recorded over audacity. Audacity is free to download, and in my experience, an easy to edit system. Once all the audio is recorded, submit it to the admins in mp3 form. They in turn make a thread where the news is broadcast. Now the way I'd propose handling this, is to post the editted MP3's on some kind of soundcloud account for prosperity.

Now if you're asking the logistics of an individual organising such things, I'll go into it. Now, basically, the individuals doing the broadcast would basically get the TL;DR of the threads to be discussed, and would basicaly explain it in IC terms. This could branch from massive military campaigns, to lighter stuff like some movie being released on holonet. Stuff thats IC, and would give the site immersion.Now, this could be from a select group of admin chosen journalists, and editors, or every major faction could provide a bulletin, and we take turns.

Bunker-level Normal
For reference, the browser game Star Wars Combine has a similar feature (more free for all than this suggestion, however) called the Galactic News Service. Factions can post news items any time, and many of them use it to make press releases, announce victories, or just deepen the lore.

I like this idea, it would help broaden our lore (and records of it) as well as give newcomers an easy way to learn about events that have transpired in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom