Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A trial full of surprises

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
"Wait, I..."
She paused and pressed her lips together, frowning slightly. From the moment they arrived here, she wanted to declare him a Jedi Master at the waterfall, where they once got to know each other. Now he wanted to return home to find out what's up with her, and for good reason. But she felt like she ruined his moment.
Not by leaving, but because she hadn't told him this before.
"Uhm, yeah... I suppose we should." she said with a soft sigh.
"I just had plans for you but... yeah." Valery struggled — as decisive as she usually was, it seemed that she actually didn't really know what to do for once. Part of her wanted to promote him anyway, but would it feel the same now?
"I'm so sorry." I ruined this trip.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil paused, only for a moment. Glancing back to Valery Noble Valery Noble with a slightly bewildered expression. She was acting as if this was the end of the world. After a second he stepped over, gently poking her forehead.

"We're just heading downstairs to our room here. I made sure we had our own little home in the temple." He smiled.

"You didn't ruin anything, love."

n0m34qi.png
Valery blinked as his finger poked her forehead, and looked up at him. She tried to smile in return but it felt a lot more forced than usual. The surprise he showed at her reaction made her feel like she really had kept too much from him.
"Alright, let's go there." she said, finally with a small sign of relief.
She then took his hand and let him guide her down to where the personal quarters were. Even those had been restored in what had clearly been a very thorough rebuilding effort. When the two finally stepped into their little room, she let go off his hand and rubbed the side of her arm.
She was trying to find her words.
"You've felt it, haven't you?"
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"On and off, but I figured you'd tell me when you were ready." He stepped past her, still smiling warmly, finding a spot to sit down. Waiting for her to join him.

"You can tell me if you want to, but don't feel like you have to love."

n0m34qi.png
"No, I have to tell you," Valery said as she turned around when he stepped past her.
"I should have told you a while ago." With how extreme it was, she now really felt like she had made a mistake not telling him. While she didn't want him to worry by telling him, it likely only had an opposite effect. Or it created confusion.
"I found out that something was put inside of me, a long time ago. A parasite of some unknown kind that... well..." she paused and looked at him for his reaction. Kahlil had always been super supportive, but part of her wished he had yelled at her for not being open with him. Deep down though, she knew that he didn't because he was aware of what she actually needed.
Valery then sat down beside him, and leaned forward, her eyes turned to the ground.
"It has slowly been getting worse with time, so slow that I didn't notice. But whenever I push myself too much or if I get really exhausted, it strikes. The only thing that stops it is my use of the Force." she let out a deep sigh before she sat up.
"Sweetie, I'm-"
Before she could get her words out, an image flashed between them through their bond. One that showed her on hands and knees, trembling in pain within a darkened temple of Ossus. kahlil recognized the image, but Valery came out of the brief flash with a confused look on her face.
"I'm slowly dying."
n0m34qi.png

n0m34qi.png
After he pulled her close, she leaned into him and fought back the tears that followed when he mentioned Vera. But with a slight shake of her head, she at least took away any fear their daughter was in danger.
"No, it hasn't." she said as she squeezed his hand.
"Nothing has worked to get it out thus far. My Self-healing, Force Healing, traditional medical operations... I'm not sure what to do and I have no idea how long I still have. But I do think I know where it came from." she looked up at him. "Those nightmares and visions I've been having, they are all related to where I was pulled from stasis."
"I don't think the cure will be there, but the source might be."
n0m34qi.png

n0m34qi.png
She quickly shook her head at his question, and took one of his hands between both of hers, "No, I can't do this without you." she said with her lips curled into a saddened smile.
"I'm just... not sure where to start. I don't know where the facility is, and it may contain nothing that can help cure me. Maybe I shouldn't go at all?" She sighed, clearly uncertain about it all, and dropped herself against him, her head falling sideways to rest against his chest. She really wanted to go, but more so because she had seen the faces of old friends potentially being stuck there.
"I think others will help too, but I'm going to need you most of all. I just think... I should enter the facility alone when we find it. I have to confront my past and let it go."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Relief again washed over him. Well, only for so long. The frown returned as she mentioned facing her past alone. But.. This time it was far more understanding. He reached out, taking her hand, pulling her close. Smiling again. Right. No matter what he would support her, at least.

"Okay. When do we go?"

n0m34qi.png
Pulled close up against him, Valery felt comforted and safe. No matter what was ahead of them, and how dangerous it was going to be, right now it didn't really phase her. But looking up, she had seen his frown and did her best to offer a smile to comfort him. He wanted to help her, much like she had wanted to be there for him through his trials, so she understood that it could be difficult to let her go for part of the journey.
"Soon, and don't worry. I'll be okay in the end." she didn't sound as convinced as she usually would, but still took hold of his arm for a moment, and let a moment of silence linger.
"First though, there is something I wanted to do for you." she looked up and smirked. "We'll have to head to the waterfall for it."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

The moment of silence lingered longer than Kahlil would've liked. It just let worry fester in his mind. How much danger was Valery Noble Valery Noble in? She was dying, but when was the point where she'd actually die?

"First though, there is something I wanted to do for you." she looked up and smirked. "We'll have to head to the waterfall for it."

He blinked, glancing back towards her.

"Oh? Alright. Lead the way then?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery could feel that he was worried, but this time she couldn't really take his worries away — she herself was worried too. Nothing ever scared her more than the thought of losing him and Vera, and it seemed that yet another problem was pushing her closer to that happening.
But one thing was for sure, she wasn't going down easily. Not without a fight, and not without help.
"Of course." Valery hopped off the couch and did her best to help pull him up to his feet. A smirk was beginning to show again, and with some actual excitement, she pulled him along to the waterfall.
When they finally got there, Valery let go of his hand and moved over to the water, where she stopped and looked around. A smile began to tug on her lips as all sorts of memories flashed through her mind, but those she shared with him quickly took over. This was the place where it all started.
Pursing her lips forward to blow out a soft breath, Valery turned around with a smile and gestured for him to step in front of her.
"When we first met at the archives in the city, do you remember what you were looking for? The reason that brought you to New Cov, to begin with?"
Pmn9cBB.jpg
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

The waterfall?

Kahlil blinked once he realized where they were going. That did explain the smirk, but was there a whole other thing on her mind with everything else going on? He raised a brow, but smiled himself none the less. Or despite himself and his worry, he supposed. He stepped in front of her, tilting his head. That far back?

"A job. And following the Force, really. Why?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled and looked at him with a warm smile, "That's right, but there was also something specific you were wanting to learn more about. You wanted to know how Jedi handle conflict, and you were looking for answers in History. It's a question all Jedi at some point in their lives need to have answered one way or another." she said but with a more serious tone.
"On our way to this temple, we talked about my past, and the war between the Jedi and Sith that seemed to go on forever. I learned about your father, and we discussed a few things about the Dark Side, and bringing people back or returning them to the Force." she continued in a way that made it seem like all of this was going somewhere.
"During that talk, you first opened my mind to the idea of redemption, to a path without violence. You felt that the Jedi as a whole had been increasingly more violent in the wars, and you felt a Jedi should raise their lightsaber only in Self-defense."
"But despite this understanding, you actually told me that you couldn't really be considered a Jedi Knight, because you belonged to no order. Do you remember?" She asked with a soft smile. Whether he remembered or not didn't matter too much — she knew it was a long time ago. Valery was simply guiding this conversation somewhere.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oh.

The more she spoke, the more he did remember. He actually blushed. Embarrassed to have forgotten, embarrassed she was bringing them up now of all times. Right. Back when he didn't belong to any order. Technically he still didn't. Independent as can be.

Still, he smiled.

"I do, yeah."

n0m34qi.png
Valery just smiled, clearly not bothered by him not remembering every detail instantly. She was a bit of a sentimental type when it came to these things, so she tended to remember details pretty well.
"Even at the time, I didn't really feel that it was true. You were wanting to learn more about the Jedi, and throughout those first days together, you showed a lot of the best traits a Jedi can have towards me. Compassion, kindness, and you used your skills to defend me when I needed it most. When I was struggling." she said and for the first time today, he'd be able to see her cheeks grow red.
"But it all extends far beyond just me — you've always continued to be that shield for people, regardless of who they are. Even when you set out to confront your father and fell, it was with the purpose to protect. You've suffered, you've bled, but you've never given up on what you stand for because of it. We all have made mistakes, many Jedi have had a difficult past, but not all of us come out stronger the way you have." Valery said calmly.
"There are very few Jedi that I have met who show the qualities our order is supposed to stand for as clearly as you."
She smiled brightly now, clearly both proud and happy.
"So now, a few years later, I must say that I agree — you're not a Jedi Knight."
For a moment, she let some silence linger to create a form of dramatic effect, but her smile perhaps gave something away.
"You're a Jedi Master."
Valery very quickly removed the hilt of her lightsaber from her belt, ignited the violet blade, and raised the weapon vertically in front of her with an elegant flourish, until it settled in both hands.
"Love, would you please kneel for me?" she asked, wanting to honor an ancient ceremony that she had once gone through herself.
n0m34qi.png

n0m34qi.png
For once in her life, Valery looked down at him but there was no teasing smirk or goofy grin. Her expression remained serious and with a single hand, she raised her lightsaber up high, before carefully lowering it just over his left shoulder.
"By the right of the Council..."
She raised her blade just over his head and continued.
"By the will of the Force."
Finally, her lightsaber hovered just over his right shoulder.
"I declare you a Jedi Master."
Valery withdrew her lightsaber and finally began to smile, as she looked into his eyes. "You may rise, Master Jedi." Valery said as her hand shifted to something she had brought along. "As is tradition, I want to give you this electrum band, a sign of this step on your path as a Jedi." she offered it and waited for him to rise, so she could step towards him for a hug.
"You've earned this, and I feel so proud to be able to call myself your wife soon." she said, her voice showing she was a tad emotional about it all. After about 2 years of being together, they stood near the waterfalls again, but so much had changed.
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom