Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tour of the Senate building's cafe

@[member="Aliannah S. del D. Filia"]

He was sitting in the cafe, having called a senator from a place called the Lunar Meadows over a simple meeting. He wanted to talk to the Senators of the Republic and get the interests of his people into their minds, simple diplomacy after all, lobbying and talking to politicians was something that he seemed to be doing more often now. His silver eyes stared at a glass of Mandalorian Wine, a bitter sweet drink that he held gingerly in his hand.

Ellya

E
Aliannah, a young Senator from a tiny unknown planet known as Lunar Meadow, had come to the café of the Senate Building to meet a diplomat from another faction. As she was young and definitely not good enough to be an actual Senator, she knew she can't help the person much, but hopefully...

Wearing a red dress, she was like a princess from a fairytale. But actually, her life was far from being a fairytale. It was a horrible, ugly nightmare. "Hello!" she said before even reaching the man who she was supposed to meet with. Her pure, high voice sounded a bit like a tinkler; not like some of the Senators' voices over there sounded.

"You must be Mr. Hardrada, right? Nice to meet you!"

Arthur's head lifted and eyes fixated on the woman, his eyes staring at the woman for half a second before smiling and letting the tension in his body melt... well rather what tension had been left. The wine itself had done alittle as well as the quiet atmosphere did most of the work but the uncommon man that stood there, visibly far different from the other Senators he had noticed before which set him at an ease. "I am he, and you are miss Alina Fillia no? A pleasure to meet you as well miss." He butchered the name between his poor use of the pronunciation of the galactic basic name and the fact that he didnt really use it that often nor see any names like hers. @[member="Aliannah S. del D. Filia"]

Ellya

E
"Yes, indeed, I am miss Filia." She was as optimistic and cheerful as she was before the recent events. Sitting down behind the table where Mr. Hardrada was already sat, she ordered a cup of coffee and some croissants. She hadn't had a correct meal this day, so she had to get something to give her some energy since she was, after all, going to discuss diplomatic things.

"May I ask; why did you want to meet me? Are you meeting other Republic Senators as well?" She kept an eye contact with this man, even though she hated doing that. But yes, it was an irregular situation this time, so she had to act irregularly.

@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

@[member="Aliannah S. del D. Filia"]

He smiled and nodded before drinking from the glass in his hand for a moment and speaking afterwards. "Well, thats simple, im bringing my people and home to the forefront of the minds of those that are of a higher standing, like the Republic, Fringe, and Confederacy. You see we are surrounded by former sith and Mandalorians, i dont know about you but that scares me what could happen to my people so i come to the governments like yours and bring the fact of my people's existence into the forefront of their minds and to improve my people's standing through trade with larger governments and other worlds."

Ellya

E
"I would love to help you. Protecting the weaker and smaller has always been one of the goals of the Republic. As I am a Senator, I am assuming, that I can help you a lot, even though I am not sure. If you ever need help, know, that we may be able to send our troops or some Jedi to your home system to protect you from the monstrosity of Sith or warmongering of Mandalorians," Aliannah said.

A waiter brought her coffee and croissants.

"Thank you!"

She took a small sip of her hot coffee and almost burned her tongue. Almost.

"Tell me, how could the Republic help you? Is there anything else you would like to tell us?" Aliannah was really happy that day.

"To telll the truth there isnt much that can be done short bringing my planet into your Republic, dont get me wrong your home isnt a bad place, but i would rather our independence be preserved over joining the Republic. Initially i am just looking to alert a few senators here and there as well as talk to the Jedi order about the nature at which my people are surrounded by, as well as setting up trade and so on, but for now, this is... whats the phrase... improving public relations. No offense, i mean i am glad if you'd rather just speak business but that would end for a very quick conversation ending in something along the lines of not really getting to know members of the Republic such as you or vice versa. For example, whats your own planet like?" He drank from the wine in front of him, sure he had a job to do, but he hated business and much rather liked a nice light hearted conversation and creating actual bonds with those you meet, not simple business deals that evaporate the moment they no longer see you as a useful pile of flesh. @[member="Aliannah S. del D. Filia"]

Ellya

E
"It's perfectly fine if you don't want to be a member of us. We can provide limited help, but not too much. My own planet is a nice little one in the middle areas of the Republic space. It's basically full of meadows and there are some oceans, but... It's half empty. Most of the surface area is uncivilized as there are not too much people in this world. People are friendly and naturally great merchants," Aliannah spoke.

Then she smirked.

"We have this little funny accent. As you can probably hear, in my speech, there is a stress in every single vowel..."

She giggled shortly, then calmed down.

"But yes, my world is beautiful and I am sure yours is too. I would love to visit the planet some day, but I am not sure if it is possible. What is your planet like?"

@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

"Its a planet with a single landmass, covered on all sides by seas that have vast reserves of what your people call Kolto and also Hydrogen that is trapped in the water as it is released by the fish that inhabit the sea. In the land it is an eternal winter by the greater galaxy's standards, as the land is nearly always covered in a foot or two of snow that provides a beautiful scene when the snow glides down and rests upon the ground. The most beautiful scene though is the Auroras that appear on a clear star filled sky while your out alone in the forest that sings with the voices of its creatures..." He smiled as he spoke, his eyes distant as he visualized the area he was talking about, he had spent much of his life out in the wilderness of his world and now he had the chance to talk about his favorite place. His eyes though shifted to @[member="Aliannah S. del D. Filia"] as he spoke again, his smile larger by a bit. "...we also have some big cities too but those are pretty boring minus a few monuments."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom