Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Term Is Ended

CIS3.png

C O N C L U S I O N
Tags: Darth Metus Darth Metus

Alden sat silent in his office, affixed upon the decision he'd come to terms with. His months and days here now ticked to hours and then minutes. He knew what he had to do, even as it wreaked havoc through his heart. He loved the Armed Forces. It's why when he was asked to fill the seat of Deputy upon his retirement from NAVCOM, that he hadn't hesitated to accept. But as appointments to various positions just within the Presidium had been made, it appeared a new direction was sought. And one Alden could only see without him in it as he would not serve beneath one whom held none of his respect. It was this appointment, the newest to be named as the Minister of War that forced Alden to take the step he now worked toward as his office became more and more bare. As his possessions and personal effects were packed into boxes to be taken with him within the coming hour.

He sighed, pen in hand and parchment before him. And within moments he pressed the two together and began to write his address.

To the office of the Vicelord
Vicelord,

It has become clear to me now, that my time amid the Ministry of War and the Confederate Armed Forces has found its conclusion. While i enjoyed every step of my story and path trodden throughout its ranks, I can not bring myself to terms with the appointment of Kiff Brayde as Minister and as such, this letter is to serve as my notice of resignation from the office of the Deputy Minister of War.

I can not with clear conscience nor conviction serve under a man who I do not believe is fit for the duties of Minister, nor bring honor and dignity to the position as it is my humble opinion punitive action should have been taken multiple times against the appointed subject, but for one reason or another, was not.

I hope and pray that Kiff brings honor and dignity to the station he now holds and sees the Confederate Arms Forces into a new age of prosperity, but he will do so without myself in the position as a Deputy. I will forever serve the Confederacy, however my chapter within the armed services, both uniformed and not, has come to a close.

I pray this letter finds you with good will and sincerity and that you accept this resignation with all that it is worth.

Always a servant of the Confederacy,

Alden Akaran
Eiattu VI, King

He set the pen down and folded the parchment and slid it into an envelope, sealing it with a stamp. The twin headed dragon, a sigil from his home of Eiattu VI appeared in the wax. A dated and archaic way of doing things, but it was meant only as a sign of the utmost respect to the one with which the address was intended. That he'd taken the time to write in hand what his decision was when it could have been so much easier to simply type or record the message and send it digitally through the holonet.

Satisfied, he stepped from his office, allowing the service droids to finish their duties and packing away his office. Approaching the Vicelord's office, he acknowledged the night shift attendant and pressed the envelope into her hand, asking her to ensure the parcel would reach the Vicelord.

The hour was late now, and so Alden concluded his business and retired from the halls which housed the Presidium. Halls he would no longer grace as a Deputy Minister.
ADiver.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom