Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tale of Two Species | Mando'ade Dominion of Ord Mantell

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
vc6c77J.png

Rolling waves of smoke clambered over Mantel City’s urban hellscape, fires raging throughout the markets and factories on its outskirts. Crowds of human refugees, clad in tattered cloth and clinging to loved ones, pushed through the thick haze and burning streets in wide rivers that flowed into the inner city. Blaster shots could still be heard in the distance, the natives forcing their way closer to the center of colonial civilization on Ord Mantell.

tQpx9iw.png

Objective One: Resolve the Conflict (peacefully)
Narrator Controlled NPC: Guy Haliso
Various Free-to-Play NPCs: Diplomatic Entourage, Capitol Building Staff, Ord Mantel Defense Force Soldiers
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guy Haliso, governor of Ord Mantell, watched on from the eight story window of the capitol building. There was a deep churning in his stomach as he watched his own people fleeing into the city, away from their own homes across the planet. There were thousands pooling in now and that was just a fraction of those displaced.

A sudden lurch of the ground threw and shattered an Empire-Era Atrisian vase on Guy's desk, who had to wrap his arms into the window drapes to keep himself steady. The glass rattled and the city growled mechanically under the stress. Screams of Guy's secretary in the next room set his heart to race. But he couldn't do anything but hold on.

The throbbing of the earth lasted for what felt like minutes until finally, it subsided. Throwing himself from the drapes, Guy scampered across the room, steadying himself first on the desk and then the wall adjacent the office door. The door flew open and Guy screamed in,

"Helen! Are you alrigh-

He stopped dead, finding himself face to face with a small team of Mandalorians who'd come for the scheduled talks on further Mando'ade involvement in the conflict and to meet with himself and the unfortunately expected native chief who'd be causing this tragedy. His own diplomatic entourage was already present, mingling with the Mandalorians; his secretary still straightening her desk from the quake caused by that vile Qworlth Skaal, yet another blight.

Straightening his own suit, surprised to see them all here already, Guy cleared his throat. "Um, welcome all of you to Ord Mantel..."

C75B9QW.png

Objective Two: Rebuild Ord Mantell's largest trading post/Find Cure for Vong Disease
Narrator Controlled NPC: Dr. Han Kilian
Various Free-to-Play NPCs: Science teams, Defense Force Sgt Temmerson, Civilian Refugees
Location: Trade Post Hollian a small trading hub city far from Ord Mantell City
______________________________________________________________________________________

"The sequencing just isn't adding up-" A crash outside sent Dr. Han barrelling towards his makeshift laboratory window. He tried throwing it open until he remembered all the windows in the commandeered dentist office had been sealed and reinforced, for safety sake. He resorted to pounding on it with a fist instead.

"Seven hells, quiet down out there or I'll throw this cancer on you!" he shouted at the work teams setting up temporary shelters outside. The workers ignored him, used to his ranting already, and continued on their work. "I can't stand these conditions, you want to me to create miracles and stick me in a dentists office to do it..."

The population of Trade Post Hollian was the first to get infected with the alient disease that came with the rise of the Qworlth Skaal when it erupted from the earth. Once it hit the planet's largest trading post, it spread like wildfire. Bulbous lesions would form, spread and eventually take over the entire skin surface to the point where breathing was impossible. It did it quickly too, matters of weeks until a victim died and medication only gave them maybe a month.

Hollian was ground zero for a planet-wide catastrophe and instead of working solely on that, they put him in charge of everything. Running rebuilding operations, humanitarian programs. He couldn't do this all on his own.

"Sir?" a voice pulled him away from the window, a lab assistant carrying a datapad, "the Mandalorians have arrived."

gH2HOdz.png

Objective Three: Destroy Qworlth Skaal
Narrator Controlled NPC: Kasy Maine
Various Free-to-Play NPCs: Strike Team of Ord Mantell
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The Skaal's tail writhed in the air, a titanic appendage that alone could wrap its way up a seventy story skyscraper.

"So this is the thing that pushed the Savrips out of the junkyards. Didn't think you could get much uglier than the natives.."

The Vong creature had punctured the surface with one end of its body and wrapped itself around the ship junkyard, creating a dome of sorts that pulsated with every disgusting heartbeat.

"Too big to shoot with a handgun I think" Kasy continued, looking over the Mandalorian strike team who had accompanied them on this mission. The idea was to find whatever hole the beast had crawled out from and follow it down to a point in the earth where explosives could bury and kill it. Maybe then the natives could come back home and leave the rest of Ord Mantell in peace....

OOC: Do not feel obligated to interact with the NPCs presented here, you don't even really need to acknowledge their goals if you don't want and you can definetly NPC characters yourself, etc. These characters are just here to make the story more intriguing and give it more depth!

Objective: Diplomacy
(1/20)

After what had happened in regards to diplomatic proceedings the last few times her people were involved, Keira didn't trust much of anyone to take part in any sort of envoy. It was better that she handle things herself, given that she had the most experience when it came to dealing in politics. There were more than enough experienced warriors that would be deployed elsewhere, and should her attempt at peace fail they would summarily deal with things. While she ultimately preferred to see the least amount of bloodshed on either side, it was people like her that understood the cost of war above all else. The conflict was already more than underway, and this here was the last opportunity to stop it in its tracks. From what she had read of the reports all of this was a result of the tribal population clashing with those far more advanced than themselves after the former had been ousted from their homes. A textbook scenario, but the resolutions were never quite as simple.

The shelling that rocked the capitol building as she and the other Mandalorians conversed with the other envoy was a harsh reminder of what the vode faced elsewhere, but she had confidence in her people. Thus far it seemed as if everything would transpire rather smoothly, but past experience told her to anticipate the worst case scenario. It would be the natives that would likely cross the metaphorical line first, and she had a feeling that the retort from the local population would be less than kind in return. The irony of a historically violent people playing mediator was an irony to be appreciated, but at the very least she had the tendency to be more level-headed than her peers. Or, well, less trigger-happy at the bare minimum. She had learned to hold her tongue, an exercise that was becoming less and less common with all she had witnessed.

When the governor entered she stood with her helmet tucked under her arm, bowing her head in greeting. ”Thank you for this opportunity to discuss the current dispute peacefully. I'm sure the people of Ord Mantell - all of them - are grateful, as are my people. My name is Keira Ticon, Warmaster of the Mando'ade, and with me are those that wish to talk peace.” This here was a game she had played far too many times, and she knew the words to say in order to catch the ear of any politician so that anything said further down the line would be taken seriously. She was well aware that her people didn't fetch the best reputation as anything but hired guns, and she intended to prove otherwise. No one would be getting shot at under her watch, and no planets would be orbitally bombarded this go-around.

Objective: 3
-----

"I've got the stuff we need to blow it up, but we just have to find the weak spot," Kad said looking at the beast. Of course demolitions was his area of expertise when it came to war. Sure he made the armor for most of his people, but today he was a bomb expert. The strike team had a simple job, get Kad to the heart of the beast safely, or as safe as a possible. It was a fools mission, but he was Mando'ad and Kad would not shrink back from danger.

There was another to think of, but she knew the risks of having a warrior in her life. Kad and Artemis understood the siren song of the hunt and battle. While there was a need for diplomatic talks, Kad would do what he could to blow the beast to oblivion. He stopped hidden from view as he encouraged the rest of the strike to do as well. His visor was set to scan for an entry point.

"We may have to take this underground. Thoughts verde?"

Objective:3

Kista clearly heard [member="Kad Tor"]’s question. However looking at the portion of the beast sticking out of the ground Kista wounded if their mission was doomed to failure from the very beginning.

“Well we can use the massive sewer network to get underground. If it is sealed I can slice my way past a door. That is no guaranty if it will get us close enough the set the charges close enough the heart of the beast. Does anyone else have any other ideas”, it was Kista’s best guess. What were the chances that this beast would let them roll up in a mining drill and let them start drilling a hole start towards its heart?

Objective: 2
Place: Trading post Hollian

&&&&&&&&&&&&

There was a certain expected rhythm to humanitarian aid and medical support. Her little convoy coming in behind the general Mandalorian fleet was now common place for the Minister of Medicine and Commander Cantalos. There was a certain working relationship established. The Mandalorians were efficient in establishing safe orbit and providing vectors for the medical support ships that came up from behind.

Rashae was more than medical support but came with a efficient staff of humanitarian support but the dilemma coming in that was landed in their lap was a bit more than medical or humanitarian. It was something right up the genetic scientists alley it appeared. A transmission was sent to the trading post to the contact person one Dr. Han Kilian that a medical and humanitarian team was en route. Doctor Rashae Lovous requested any preliminary data of the disease as well as current needs for infrastructure support and supplies. Two medical corvettes would descend down for the initial evaluation.

The sheen of chrome glistened in the sun that was broken up by the big red cross on the ships when they landed. The ramp lowered from the back of the ship as a handful of white suited individuals came down. Doctor Lovous decided to treat this situation with disease contamination protocols, in other words heavy environmental suits. Along beside Rashae was two godkillers in full environmental armor. There was some RMIA troops along with for protection. This was something Ardgal had insisted on as he was more aware of the dangerous situation of Ord Mantel than the doctor. All Rashae was interested in was the mystery behind this disease. The cyborg knew that this lady he cared about could easily get absorbed in a project.

They were met by the Sargent of the defense force, someone called Sgt Temmerson, the Raxis Mandalorian colors were brazened in obvious fashion. There was a brief discussion about the kind of gun power they brought and the raven haired beauty wasn't sure if they were relieved or worried. No matter she needed to get to Doctor Kilian and take a look at this disease that by reports was vong generated. There was at least one or two godkillers near her if Ardgal was not with her at all times. They were kind of serious in their duty to that. Rashae wasn't entirely sure how she felt about that. So long as they didn't get in her way while she worked, the minister supposed it didn't matter.

Once the scientist showed her into the secured and closed make shift medical facilty that appeared to be an antiquated dentistry office. 'They really still use this equipment?' Came the thoughts of the doctor as she looked around before finding her way to the doctor of this trading post. The doctor would perform a scan of contagions before she would take off her helmet and greet the doctor.

As the helmet comes off, Doctor Kilian would be looking at a rather beautiful face of the Doctor Rashae Lovous looking back at the frazzled Doctor with steady ice blue eyes. “Hello Doctor Han Kilian, I hear you got quite the puzzle here. I am Doctor Rashae Lovous, Minister of Medicine for Alderaan and medical support for the Mandalorians. “ The woman would move boldly forward. “I would like to see fresh samples if possible so I can better direct my team in assisting with this disease. Any current data seems to be based off of older data. “

Now its possible that this Doctor may find her youth offensive as the woman may seem to be assertive in taking on the project of this disease. Rashae looked the poor man in the eyes awaiting his response.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Objective: Whip the pups in line/work on that vong thing

Blood. It dripped from the face of the batterd Vong onto the stone flooring in a slow stream. The man was shivering, from the pain. From the fear. From the knowledge that this was nowhere near the end. The low lighting shimmered off his pale skin, showing large bruises and whelps. On either side of the young Vong, Alpha company commandos stood by, pinning him and keeping the victim on his knees. Helpless. Steps echoed from the shadows, slowly circling.

"What is the one rule?" asked a voice. "We only have one. The single rule you cannot break. I allow you to live in peace. To govern yourselves. Time after time, I am generous, I am gracious, I allow you to do as you see fit." The steps stopped suddenly, "Do you feel I am treating you unfairly?"

The question was barbed, and the answer was dangerous. The young vong convulsed, on the verge of hyperventilating. "N-no. You ar-r--re ver-rry fair."

"Do you feel that I am unreasonable?" The voice paused, waiting for an answer. When it didn't get one, it took a tone of viscerally calm lethality, "Perhaps I am. It is rather unreasonable for me to be so gracious. It is unreasonable for me to expect you to co-operate when I have been so kind." The vong felt a shockwave of pain as a durasteel bat was slammed against his back. "Perhaps I should stop giving your kind suck great allowances. I give you so much," A second blow landed right where the first had, sending an even larger wave of pain through the vong, "And expect so little."

"Oh Gods! Oh Gods make it stop!" Screamed the Vong as a third blow landed.

"I am too kind to you. Too gentle. Too generous."

"Please, Gods, please--"

"Its clear you only understand pain. I will show you new ways to hurt, new forms of pain."

"Please, please, mercy, please!" the Vong screamed in agony as a heavy rain of blows slammed down on its back. Its ribs cracked under the beating, its skin broke in bruises--then broke entirely. The young man began to hyperventilate, his breath no longer coming at all. Suddenly, he felt his face slam against the cold stone. He was on the ground. At last. Instincts took over and he curled up in a ball, sobbing as he lost total control. A single red eye loomed closer, glowing in the dark as it stared at the mentally broken vong. "What is the one rule, Alarek?"

"N--ne--never s-say n-n-n-no."

"Good. Get him cleaned up. We have work to do."

[member="Rashae"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom