Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A solitary kek. [Ella Nova]

Carn Dista

One beard to rule them all, and in the Jedi bind t
[member="Ella Nova"]

Free time was a valuable thing. It could be spent in a productive manner, or wasted on pure frivolity. Today, however, it seemed to be a mixture of both. Since his return to Ossus, Carn had heard whispers of the return of a Jedi he had kept tabs on before the fall of Coruscant - one Ella Nova, then a Padawan learner. Now a Knight of the Order, and, if the rumors had been true, a Jedi with a steel will forged and tempered in the heat of battle against the Sith. He had waited, biding his time and choosing to observe her from the shadows of the temple, yet he was sure of it now. This was a Jedi worthy of his respect. A Jedi that had sacrificed much in the name of the Order, and understood the true difference between what should be done and what needed to be done. A Jedi who, if given the correct guidance... No. Not again. It is too soon. He was conflicted, the ancient pains left by Asha still fresh in his mind. Still open. But if she proved worthy enough... There was only one way to find out. So, from the shadows he stepped, calmly blocking her path along the corridor she was strolling along.

"Ella Nova. It's been some time."

| [member="Carn Dista"] |

Ella Nova's preparation for what was to come, had involved many things in the past week. She had arranged for a Jedi-class stealth fighter to be modified, so as to allow her trusted companion, Arsix, to travel with her on her journeys. She had met with Jedi Master Corvus Raaf, to discuss the war and a proposal that the Jedi Knight had thought of in order to turn the tide of the war with the One Sith, back into the favour of the Jedi and the Republic. She had even met with several new Jedi. Roots, that perhaps one day, would blossom into a working relationship that would better benefit the galaxy.

In one of the many training rooms of the Ossus Academy, Ella had been practicing her lightsaber technique against sparring droids. She had practiced her ability to deflect blaster bolts, on multiple settings and levels of difficulty. She had engaged in lightsaber duels, her Shii-Cho designed to face a number of opponents.

Through it all, she had kept herself attuned to the Force, allowing it to guide her movements and keep her centered, calm and focused. The individuals that Ella would be bringing to justice, such as [member="Darth Vyrassu"], would require her to be at the peak of her powers and all that she had learned as a Jedi.

As the droid closed in, Ella deflected the stun bolt back into it's path, toppling it over. Before she could lift her blade, a familiar voice called from the side lines.

"That's enough for today," the Jedi Knight said to the droids. "Return to your stations and deactivate."

As the droids returned to their closets, ready to be used again later on, Ella deactivated her lightsaber. The soft hum of the blue beam ceased, retracting back into the cylinder hilt in her palm. Focusing her brow eyes on Carn Dista, she grinned. "Hello Master. It has been a long time, hasn't it?"

Carn Dista

[member="Ella Nova"]

He surveyed her for a moment. At just shy of 4'9, she was certainly the shorter of the two. Her robes, he knew, disguised her athletic figure as it did for all Jedi. Moreso, it disguised the scars she bore as a result of the battle for Coruscant. Scars that he knew, hid a desire for revenge and a mind bent on annihilating the Sith. They were, in that regards, kindred spirits. Still, not all of her scars were so well hidden - the ones on her face, for example. Each one spoke of a different battle, and not all of them physical. Scars. They tell a lot about a person. Still, he offered her a warm smile from the depths of his beard as she spoke.
"It has indeed. I see you've turned your eye to your lightsaber a little more in recent years. Perhaps this is something we should discuss further, another day. There are other things to speak of prior to this, however - and I think you may know what they are."

Ella clipped her lightsaber onto her hip. She then lifted her hands to brush her hair out of her eyes. Studying the Jedi Master still, the Jedi Knight determined what he had learned of her plot to destroy the One Sith. To bring back balance to the Force and peace to the Galactic Republic.

She nodded. "I think I do, master. I could do with a comrade, with someone of your status."

Carn Dista

[member="Ella Nova"]

"Good. I have requested the Grandmaster put me in touch with the Republic Navy - I intend to launch a crusade of assaults along supply lines to their fringe worlds with a fully complimented Warhammer. Whatever it is you intend to do, I would have it included in the aims of this... 'tour de force'. What say you?"

As per ever, Carn was blunt and to the point. He saw no need to beat around the bush, and even less of a need to find out the true ins-and-outs of Ella's plans to attack the Sith. No doubt she would inform him at some point in time, but as long as she was doing the right thing for the Galaxy Carn saw no true need to press for further information from her.

"The Republic navy? My plans were not to endanger the lives of the people who are currently living under the One Sith's rule, master. I planned to gather a task force of Jedi, who would accompany me by starfighter, transport or ulterior means to enter One Sith worlds- or if possible- draw them away from their bases of power, where we would then attempt to capture and detain them, so that they could face justice in the Republic's courts."

Coming to a stop, Ella added as an after thought. "And if necessary, end their lives, if we are given no other choice, as per the law of the Republic."

Ella didn't like the new Black Flag laws passed in the senate, but if she began to question the laws of the Republic and the democracy she served, then she was no better than the Jedi who had left to create and serve the Silver Sanctum or Galactic Alliance.

Her loyalties were to the senate, democracy and to the Republic. Carn's plans to gather a task force of war ships to bring the One Sith to justice was bold, dangerous and risky. It endangered the lives of millions, most of which were former Republic citizens, before their world was stolen from them.

Yet, Ella could see why the Jedi Master would plan such a thing. This was war- like it or not- and so to gather such a force as a response, was necessary. Weighing up the pros and cons, Ella waited to see what Carn would divulge next.

Carn Dista

[member="Ella Nova"]

"I think you mis-understand, Ella. I intend to take one fully complimented ship of the line and harass military targets, baiting the Sith into a wild goose chase, and keeping them distracted from what worlds the Republic has left - not all out attacks on former Republic holdings. This, while putting myself and the crew of the ship in direct danger, would lessen the threat for the Republic's civilians, at least for a short time while they diverted their attentions elsewhere. As for your... plan, well." He smiled at her, while running his fingers through the depths of his beard... "Say you make your way onto a public transport, and the Sith are tipped off that you are aboard it. Do you think they will be so polite as to stop the transport, find you, and arrest you? Or, will they will simply fire upon the ship, killing all aboard and blaming the Republic in the process?" His smile dropped, as he watched her reaction, but continued before she could respond to his words. "While initially less damaging for the Republic, should you be caught out it will do more damage than any bomb. Ergo, I suggest that you come with me on the raids, and should we happen to capture any Imperial vessels without destroying them, you will be more than welcome to make your plans a reality. This way, you will be more useful to the war effort, in better contact with both Republic and Order, and, when the time comes, your efforts to bring the Sith to Justice will be less likely to cause an incident for the imperial propaganda machine to run with - and, if I am to be blunt, less likely to cause an incident from which you might not recover from."

This, he concluded in his own mind, was a much better idea. After all, Ella was... a little known, to say the least, to have a deep hatred of the Sith Empire for what they had done to her, the order, and the Republic. It would be foolish of the Order to allow her to run in behind enemy lines before she had been proven ready to do so, as there was every chance she could fall to the machinations of the Dark Side if the Sith figured out who she was. And Ella, in his mind, was too useful for the Order to allow that to happen.

Ella opened her mouth to respond, but stopped when Carn continued. She listened to the Jedi Master intensively. He had been her mentor since her days in the AgriCorps. Now, here he was, delivering more advice. She was glad that he had returned. The war had done so much to hurt her friends, mentors and colleagues.

"Very well, master. I will follow your lead and accompany you on your mission. You have my support and allegiance."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom