Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Secret Worth Keeping (Development Thread)

Pyro

P
Pyro sat down on the loading dock of the abandoned facility she lived in and began to write on her datapad.

To: [member="Ultimatum"], [member="Cobalt"]
Subject: Picnic!

Dear Friends,

I would be very happy if you would meet me at (coordinates) for a meeting and some adventuring! Please RSVP by this Zhellday.

Many thanks,
Pyro

The message was sent to its respective recipients in hopes that they would come to Pyro's sixth birthday. Well, more like sixth awakened day, but Ultimatum didn't know that. She waited outside for a bit, before going inside and taking a nap. Pyro was very excited to hear from her two friends.

(OOC: Link to submission)

Cobalt

And Everything is Blue, like him.
It was amazing how one message could make Cobalt drop everything he was doing and fly off to one of the nastiest planets in the galaxy. Well, it was nicer now because of that robot dude, but Mustafar was always going to be a lava-covered mess. But that didn't matter, because Pyro was there, and the devilish blue prince would drop just about anything to see her.

He arrived at her hideout without even answering her message, bringing a huge block of chocolate that had "Happy Birthday, Pyro" on it in as many languages as Cobalt had been able to think of off the top of his head. The crate it was in kept it well-refrigerated so that the natural wonders of the planet didn't make it into a big puddle of nothing. He knocked on the door, grinning like an idiot.

"Guess who, Firecat?"

[member="Pyro"]

Ultimatum had been taking the time to work through documents of the planet's condition and the usage of metal. It was mostly boring paperwork given that little had changed since he had taken up shop. Sure there was a larger draw upon the metal resources, but it did not as of yet cause any sufficient large change as to be noticeable. That was one of the things the droid was waiting for, some sign that the metal was decreasing in availability. He wanted to measure and understand the limit of this resource so as to better ration out its use. Until such a time as he discovered some form of 'tell' he would continue tentatively collecting and using metals from this world.

The message came as a welcome interruption. Pushing the datapads aside he read the communication and smiled. It had been some time since he had spoken with his little friend. It was strange to him that he had often enough spent more time with people that he did not like off world than he did with a person he liked who could be found on the world. The galaxy was a strange place.

He made the journey quickly enough. He was not aware of the special event that was to take place on this day. They had never spoken of times of birth or creation, but the thought had never crossed Ultimatum's mind and it did not do so now. He simply wondered what had brought [member="Pyro"] to asking for him to come. Perhaps she wanted to introduce him to this other organic, he assumed the other recipient was an organic. [member="Cobalt"] very interesting name. He wondered why an organic would have a name after a color. It was when he was walking towards the entrance to the abandoned facility that he realized the reason. A truly interesting organic that one.

The droid smiled as he came closer. "Hello. You a friend of Pyro's?" Ultimatum assumed that he would not be here otherwise.

Pyro

P
Pyro had just finished putting her hair up when she heard a knock from the entrance. Dropping the brush, she ran to the door and yanked the old thing open. Standing there were her two friends.

"Hi guys! Come on in!" Hugging each one tightly before stepping back, she motioned for them to come in and sit down. Once they were all inside, Pyro turned to them, the differences in sizes varying for the whole trio.

"I'm so glad you two could make it. Especially with you both being very busy and such. I hope you guys like exploring because I was hoping we could go check out this place some more. I've only ever been on the first three floors, so even I don't know what's down there. What d'ya say to that?"

[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

"Yeah, and you are too, I'm guessing."

Cobalt's tail was waving around a little wildly, finally settling down when Pyro mentioned exploring. Having the droid there was strange, but he was fairly sure he knew who it was. Ultimatum, king or whatever of Mustafar. Firecat had some interesting taste in friends. That line of thought stopped when he looked at her again.

"So, there's stuff under that old droid factory? I'm impressed."

He really just wanted to grab Pyro and squeeze her and run off to some corner of nowhere with her, but that would be for later. For now, he found himself looping his tail around her like he did every time he saw her.

[member="Pyro"] [member="Ultimatum"]

The lower extremities of buildings were always interesting. Ultimatum realized that he had never fully categorized the type of structure. Was it an old droid factory or an abandoned mining facility? He did not know, but the exploration would answer the question, he hoped. But it was not too large a concern. After all, it was unlikely to contain many dangers.

It was an interesting relationship that these two had, Ultimatum could not know the full extent, but some of the physical clues were there. Organics were intriguing beings, expressing themselves often in very subtle ways. He wondered how close they were, but then again these two were fairly similar. There were stranger combinations out there. He was glad that [member="Pyro"] had friends.

"I think that sounds fun. It's good to see you again." He smiled.

[member="Cobalt"]

Pyro

P
Pyro smiled again. Was it the truth that she had truly missed being in the company of others? It must be so. As she hugged [member="Cobalt"], she felt his tail wrap around her waist like he used to do.

"Yea, I found some more stairs after you left but thought I'd wait for a bit and see if you both wanted to come." Pyro turned to [member="Ultimatum"], and nodded her head.

"It's good to see you too, Ultimatum. If you guys are ready I'll lead the way."

Cobalt

"Oh yeah, 'course I wanna come along, Firecat."

Cobalt remembered the old factory they'd gone walking through a while ago. But it felt like it was forever since then, and the idea of going on an adventure appealed to him very much. As they started walking, he offered Pyro his arm and a little mental poke.

Now, how did you get the King of Mustafar to come out and play?

[member="Pyro"] [member="Ultimatum"]

"Then let's go." Ultimatum was happy that he was able to meet [member="Pyro"]'s friend. It would be a good thing to get to know the kind of people that Pyro spent her time around. He cared for the little organic and did not want her to be endangered. He wanted to be sure that [member="Cobalt"] would keep her secret safe. He did not really doubt the older organic, but he was cautious nonetheless. He wondered where Pyro had met this one.

Pyro

P
"Okay then!" Pyro, being unable to use telepathy, heard Cobalt's question, but could not answer it even if she tried. Unless Cobalt could read minds, he wouldn't get his answer for a while. Pyro began to lead the little group down the hallway to the almost non existent stairs that were at the end of it. Jumping down onto one of the flights that remained, Pyro let her arms and back set on fire to act as a torch, for there was no light down here except for the dim light from the surface and Pyro's natural glow.

"Careful guys, it's a long fall."

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Cobalt"]

Ultimatum followed suit, carefully taking steps so as to avoid putting too much weight too quickly on these aged steps. He was somewhat thankful for the light, but he turned on his sensors to better see in the darkness. Organics had the Force to see in such situations, he had to rely upon his technology. He wondered if [member="Pyro"] was strong enough in the Force to see in the dark. He had assumed that she was Force sensitive due to her ability to be on fire without burning. It might have been an incorrect judgement, but it was the one that he had come to.

"That would put a crimp in the day." He said in a joking manner as he followed his friend.

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

"Right. Falling. Not a pastime I'm trying to take up."

Cobalt's tail swung out in front of him as the tip lit up with blue fire. He wasn't going to push Pyro for answers right now. Maybe later, when they were alone. Bedtime stories, maybe. With a bit of a grin, he grabbed her flaming hand as they kept walking. This path was a lot less solid than the ones from before. Interesting.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Pyro"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom