Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Quiet Moment

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
Time: Midday

The café was full of various patrons, different races, different social and economic statuses. Akio slipped in, his armor left behind in exchange for a loose blue silk kimono and trousers. These were the common enough to allow him to blend in but were distinct enough so that his clansmen would identify him on sight. Not that they would see me or come looking, Akio thought. He waited in the long line to order the commercial chain’s overpriced caf drinks. He reluctantly spread his credits on the counter and in return receive a venti half caf Corellian frape.

He found his way to a table in the corner. He could see all the entrances, exits and windows from here. Outside the beautiful green landscape and picturesque mountains were rolling beautifully. It was truly serene. The Chiss settled back and looked at the people and land. Sometimes an assassin had to relax and savor the beauty of life to remain on edged and ready when the time came to cut the wire, and take the lives. This was one of those moments.

[member="Jake Jace"] [member="Faz El Fayde"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Daren Nightingale"]

Ultimatum walked into the small cafe wearing a red robe that concealed most of his metal body. He stood in line, waiting patiently. He manipulated his voice to sound as organic as he could attain. "Number three please." He picked up a prepackaged meal and put it on the counter, "And this please." The payment was steep, at least considering the value of the items, however he payed without trouble. He took both his food and drink and looked for an empty seat. He noted an empty booth near the front and took a seat there.

He put the food and drink to the side as he pulled out a small datapad and began working on it. Only for a moment though, he proceeded to plug a small device to the datapad and then he sat back and closed his eyes. He was here for work, he had left Mustafar to get a calmer atmosphere, but he still had to work. There were things happening all the time on that planet, he had to keep up and continue to control it even at a distance. Legion was put in charge, but Ultimatum had other work he had to do. The shipyard needed to begin work on a space station, the factories needed a maintenance check, and Progenitor would need another scan. This was, fortunately for Ultimatum, all simple for him to accomplish thanks to the HoloNet, he would be done for now in five to ten minutes. Then he could relax a little and look at the scenery before getting onto the next workload.

[member="Akio Diachi"] [member="Jake Jace"] [member="Daren Nightingale"] [member="Faz El Fayde"]

Puppet Kyrios

P
Daren sang out in a calming tune, one that her mother had used as a lullaby for her when she was a child. Even though she only stood a little less than three feet, the young Bith's voice sailed softly with the music of her harp. She sat on a stool on the stage, wearing her regular garments, her little hands gracefully wove back and forth on her lyre, fitting the tune to the melody as she had been taught to, and soon the little cafe was filled with her soft voice and lyre music.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Akio Diachi"]

[member="Akio Diachi "][member="Ultimatum"] [member="Daren Nightingale"]
Jake was on the planet for some down time.He spotted a nice cafe headed to the cafe.He walked in the cafe his light brown hair was slightly messy from being outside.His tan skin stood out slightly he worke a fitted white tee shirt with black pants with a worn pair of black leather boots.He looked around with his ice blue eyes for a place to sit.He found a place at the counter back by the the back wall.He moved through the people to that spot.When he got there he took a sit at the stool.He would wait to see if anyone would want to speak to him.He wasn't in the mood to make the first move to speak to anyone.

Akio Diachi

Akio felt the soothing nature of the music [member="Daren Nightingale"] that filled the cafe. His cold, calculating edge was removed and instead placed with a honor bound, relaxed, meditative side of his personality. It nearly made him wonder if the music was filled with the power of magick as well as soothing lyrics and tones. Music is the kindness of the soul, it nurtures us, brings the best out of us, and makes us kind and gentle, even when such things are impossible to find otherwise.

Akio noticed the human male beside him. The male dwarfed the Chiss by an easy foot, and judging by his clothing, was what most of the galaxy would have called "middle class." The bearing of the human was one that apparently held more morals than Akio. Not that it says much. Many have more morals than my clan.

Ordinarily the Chiss was not talkative, but the combination of the caf in his hands and the music in the air freed his tense spirit, and made him feel like speaking for more than business or gathering information. He took a drink of his warming beverage. The tension of taking lives everyday was worn off for the moment, he would seize it.

"Greetings human," Akio said with a hint of politeness, "what brings you to a place such as this?"

[member="Jake Jace"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Faz El Fayde"]

Puppet Kyrios

P
Finishing up her lullaby, Daren hopped down from the stool and curtsied to the small applause that came from the few customers inside, deciding it was time for a break. Putting her lyre into it's case, she walked over to the counter and ordered a simple caramel Hoth chocolate. Paying for the drink, she walked over to an unoccupied booth and sat down, listening to the small chatter of the cafe and sipping her drink.

"If only all days were like this."

@Akio Diachi[member="Jake Jace"][member="Ultimatum"]

Akio Diachi

Akio watched the young, very small performer hop down from the stage and order her drink. She was quite skilled, and it left an impression on him. Akio recognized even the non-lethal arts as what they were; honorable, perfect, deserving of recognition. The tranquility of her song hung in the air like the morning dew. In a few moments he had been taken back to a sense of innocence that had for quite a long time, eluded him.

"You are quite skilled," Akio complimented her. "My name is Akio Diachi. It was an honor to hear your performance."

[member="Daren Nightingale"][member="Jake Jace"][member="Ultimatum"][member="Faz El Fayde"]

Ultimatum turned off the datapad and pulled the device from it. He rested back into the chair and closed his eyes. It was good to have a rest and the music had been pleasant to listen to. He hadn't listened to any songs or other such in quite awhile, he found the current fad of synthesized music and other sorts somewhat irritating to his receptors.

He noted that the young organic stepped down and he clapped his appreciation and congratulations at such a beautiful voice. He very rarely heard vocal music, it was nice to listen to one so pretty as this. He stayed put, but he was gladdened by her performance. It was truly calming. He watched as an interchange unfolded, he focused and allowed his hearing to become more directed and cut out most of the excess outside noise.

[member="Daren Nightingale"]
[member="Akio Diachi"]
[member="Jake Jace"]
[member="Faz El Fayde"]

Puppet Kyrios

P
Daren looked up as a Chiss walked over to her booth and complemented her. She smiled at him and held out her hand so he could shake it.

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Diachi, I'm Daren Nightingale. Thank you for your complement, my mother taught me." Daren smiled innocently before taking another sip of her drink.

"What brings you to New Alderaan, Mr. Diachi?"

[member="Ultimatum"]
@Akio Diachi
[member="Jake Jace"]

Akio Diachi

Akio shook the small girl's hand, humored. The action felt odd, unnatural, and flimsy. An odd way for people to greet each other.

"Then she would be honored to know how well you have progressed," Akio said genuinely. "The arts are all very honorable. I am an--artist, myself," the assassin chose his words carefully, "I deal a very specific and rare art for my clients. I have just finished a very complex masterpiece. Soon I will be moving to another on a different world."

[member="Daren Nightingale"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Jake Jace"] [member="Faz El Fayde"]

Ultimatum watched the interchange before standing himself. He walked slowly over, allowing them to converse for a minute or so before he came close enough to talk normally. "Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to say that your singing was exemplary. I truly appreciate the melody."

He bowed his head, only the faint glowing of the red electronic eyes perhaps giving away his species, that is droid. He pulled back ad simply listened, part of him always found it pleasant to listen to organics speaking. Under most circumstances they were gentle and kind creatures. This was not always the case, but it often was. He preferred to look at the whole instead of any one part.

[member="Akio Diachi"] [member="Daren Nightingale"] [member="Jake Jace"]

Faz El Fayde

Trader of Exotics
[member="Jake Jace"]

While the song was indeed enthralling, there was one among the patrons of the cafe who barely noticed it. The lean man with the tall shadow walked through the crowded confines of the cafe with a grim expression on his face. His reptilian features frozen in a frown. He was walking towards his usual seat. Things were not good at the business. Ever since his benefactor had disappeared his competitors were eating him alive. The bastards were hiring pirates to take down his fleets. He had lost three consecutive shipments and now he had neither the money for securing enough security for the fourth nor the resources to create a fifth shipment if he did not get paid on this one.

Faz El Fayde, the man who had one day dreamed of ruling the Galaxy with the power of commerce was about to go bankrupt.

Faz stopped in front of usual stool. Still not aware of why he had stopped. He suddenly looked up, annoyed that someone was sitting in his seat. Ordinarily it was hardly a thing Faz would have bothered over, he abhorred violence, considering it the greatest failure a sentient could commit in his pursuit of life. However today, with his mind out of sorts, he broke character for a change.

"Hey kid, beat it. This is my seat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom