Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Punishing Job (Dev Thread)

So things had taken an interesting turn for Gray. He had been order by [member="Isley Verd"] to spray all of these phrik suits with something called nightshadow as punishment for that message he had sent during the terrorist attack. He figured it was because of what he had very briefly said about the United Clans, but he didn't really see it as a punishment. He would do this anyways if he had been asked to. If this is what they wanted from him though, that was fine with him.

Gray stood with a hose connected to a large vat of the nightshadow. He pulled back the level just enough to apply the required level of coating to the first suit evenly. Once that first suit was done he pushed the lever forward to stop it. He watched the suit be carried off and replaced with a new one. He repeated the process yet again and made sure to keep a close eye on what he was doing. Last thing he needed was to mess this up.

Gray had gone through about six suits by this point, and was starting to get the hang of it. He still needed to pay attention to the process though. He wondered why the Manda'lor had wanted him to do this though instead of something else. It was not exactly an easy job though, which might be why he was asked to do it. He had also been directed to do it by hand instead of a droid or other machine, which he didn't stand out doing. No one really paid him much mind and he didn't pay them mind. Everyone just went about their merry way. He did wonder though if they were all use to doing this kind of work or if the others were not use to it like him. He was becoming more use to it though every moment that passed. Maybe he could figure out some use for stuff like this for some of his gear in the future, although as much of it as he was expected to spray he might not want to do it himself again personally.

This whole process was pretty easy now. He was only needing to pay a bit of active attention to what he was doing with the application of the nightshadow. He had gone through.......he had already lost count actually, not that he was really doing so to begin with. He was just suppose to keep this up until someone told him to stop. He could end up doing a hundred or ten thousand and wouldn't know. He seriously doubted he would end up spray ten thousand suits of phrik himself though before the end. That would be an insane amount of armor for him to be dealing with. Who would want to do ten thousand suits of phrik though? That would end up wearing out anyone. Well anyone that wasn't a force user who knew how to channel the force into themselves to recover from fatigue. That was actually a technique it seemed many force users of old had learned how to do in the past. Both Sith and Jedi alike would have to learn how to do that so they could survive the process of attuning or creating their lightsaber crystals. It was actually the technique he had done with his own crystals for his saber. It was difficult and taxing to the mind and body. He finished off the current suit of armor and realized he hadn't actually made a mistake like he thought he had for a moment. That was good.

No active thought was required by this point. Gray could spray the nightshadow on the phrik properly and evenly off of muscle memory. He had gone through enough of them by this point and had gotten into such a rhythm for it that he was doing it without even thinking about it. In fact he wasn't thinking about it at all. His mind was completely on other things. He was still thinking of the process he had used to attune his crystals in his saber to his force signature. The two of them were darker blue than normal and gave his saber its dark blue color, but what was odder was how his crystal hummed through the force at him. It did it before he had attuned it, but what if that was what happened for other force users when they attuned their crystals? What if everyone was hearing the humming but were not noticing it at all for one reason or another. He was still thinking about it when there was a sudden sound near him. Someone had gotten hurt it seemed while doing their job. Gray halted his production and quickly went to go check on them. Merc medical experience came in handy it seems.

Gray rushed over and checked out the worker. It seemed their vat had a malfunction and part of it exploded. The vat and the nightshadow inside of it were fine it seemed though, aside from the part that malfunctioned. The worker had some burn wounds and would need to be taken to the infirmary soon or things might get very bad. As Gray looked around, he noticed that most of the factory had come to a screeching halt. He yelled out as he began picking up the wounded worker, " Nothing to see here. Back to work with all of you. We have to get these phrik suit covered in this nightshadow as soon as possible after all. Chop chop everyone." He got the worker picked up and began heading to the infirmary. They were just a young man, barely old enough to be working in a place like this. It was sad that something like this happened to them, but that was part of the dangers of working in a factory. It was probably better he was in here than out on the front lines being shot at. As he left the factory floor, everyone got back to doing their jobs and the sound of the nightshadow spraying on phrik began once more.

Gray took the worker all the way back to the infirmary and got them laid down on a bed. They were in pain, he could feel it as well as see it. They were trying to act brave though, to do their part. They weren't screaming out though which was a surprise. The kind of wounds this young worker had would be enough to make a veteran soldier cry out, and yet they were not making a peep. They were very tough, he had to give the young man that. He said with a smile as he sent out soothing energy via the force to them, " Alright I have you here and we are just waiting on the medic. You are doing good to not cry. I know how painful this is for you and I am impressed. What are you doing to keep from screaming right now? I'd like to know. Might help me out in the future if I ever got shot." He gave the young man a wink.

The young man said in a pained tone, " Just doing my part for the Empire. I can't really fight because I got a limp due to a bum right leg. I figured if I can't be on the front line, I can at least do something to help the people on it. Plus I can't look bad in front of Alor Raxis. The Manda'lor sent you here personally to help out and make sure everything was running smoothly right?" The young man looked at him with eyes filled with pride. Pride in his faction. Pride in his job. Pride in who he was getting to work with right now.

Gray just smiled even more and said, " So you figured me out eh? Well I can tell you that you and everyone else are doing a great job. I also wanted to tell you that you need to focus on recovering from this injury and not push it going back to work too soon. That is an order got it? You won't be any help to anyone if you stay hurt too long." He patted the kid on the shoulder as he got just a nod back. The medic rushed over at the end of what Gray said. He left the medic to do their job and walked back out onto the factory floor. Everyone was still hard at work spraying the phrik with nightshadow. Gray needed to get back to work right away and be a good example. He might have been sent here as punishment, but he was still inspiring some of the people here it seemed.

Gray was having to pay attention to what he was doing yet again as he sprayed nightshadow onto the phrik suits. He had completely lost his rhythm when he had taken that young man to the infirmary. He was back to having to keep a close eye to how much and how evenly he applied the spray to the suits. So he was back to the tediousness that was this punishment, but he wasn't going to stop doing what he was doing until he was told to stop. Either that or he had a malfunction on his own machine. He really hoped that didn't happen. He really didn't want to be covered in burns to go along with all of his scars, and that just wouldn't look good. His wife would definitely not like it either if that too. She would probably hate it more than him actually. But that was probably not going to happen since they had already fixed the part that malfunctioned on the machine the young worker had used and had someone new working it. They were also systematically checking every machine's part to make sure it didn't happen again.

The systematic checking of all of the equipment went by quickly. It had not been that long before they had checked every piece that needed to be checked without slowing down production too much. The spraying of nightshadow onto the phrik went on like normal and things got moving even faster than when Gray had first arrived now that the check was done. What more could be said about the spraying of the nightshadow onto the phrik? Plenty more could be said actually. About the shape and size of the vats. About the color of the nightshadow and the phrik and the equipment used for the spraying process. About the sounds and smells that filled the factory floor as precise coating was made by more workers than Gray cared to count. He could tell people about all of it, but that seemed rather boring of a thing to do to someone. Especially if they had no interest in it. No he just kept quiet and kept doing what he was suppose to be doing.

The rhythm was back for Gray. He was spraying the phrik with the nightshadow with hardly an active thought about it. That meant his mind was free to begin wandering off to where ever it might end up while he worked, and of course it did. He began to think about what all armor he owned personally. He had just three suits of armor really, but they were a little different from each other and he liked to wear them for different uses. They were all medium armor though and gave him protection while keeping his mobility still. He knew a certain Mandalorian who would advocate the use of it to everyone for days. He did have a point though about the armor. It was the best way to get the best of both worlds when it came to personal protection. Course with the use of the force, Gray could move as easily in heavy armor as a normal person could in medium armor. It still came down to the situation though. You wore the armor that worked for your current needs best. As he thought about this, he kept up his job of spraying armor with the nightshadow as he thought about the reasons for using different types of armor.

Gray sprayed the final piece of armor to come through his line. The nightshadow coated the phrik suit as evenly as the first had. He waited around when he was done for the next suit to come his way. He waited and waited and waited, but it never came. Thank the force is was over with. He couldn't tell how many of those phrik suits he had sprayed with nightshadow, but it had been enough to arm a good number of people. That was how many he had coated, and there were even more being done by a countless number of other workers. He put his hose up and then went to the infirmary to check on the young man from before.

As Gray came to the infirmary and found the young man passed out on a bed. He had been treated and was sleeping off the effects of the medicine. He smiled as he saw the young worker. The young man had pride. He probably had more pride in what he did and who he did it for than any soldier on the front line did. That was saying a lot, but it was good to know someone like him was working on the thing that would be protecting people on the front lines. If only everyone else had half as much pride as the young man did, then maybe the Mandalorians would get back to a better state than they had been in for some time.

Gray walked out of the infirmary and began to head for the exit. He would need to contact [member="Isley Verd"] and let him know that the punishment had been completed. He also was going to inform him about the condition of the factory and its workers. They needed things to operate as well in every other factory as they did in this one. It was running smoothly and effectively with well trained workers. Hopefully the equipment they were making was as effective in protecting people as the factory was in making the nightshadow coated phrik suits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom