Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pod racing league (ask before joining)

Quintus Varro

Q
((OOC: If you want in ask first by PM to Eamon Tragon, looking for sponsors for teams, racers, and sponsors for the tracks themselves. To clarify we're looking for three types of players... speed junkie racers... small businesses or richies to sponsor legit professional pod racing teams.... and the big few who are going to be shareholders in the organization itself... these big ones will be getting a track to custom design and an equal share in the profits.))

If there was a sensational sport of the galaxy it was pod racing. Tracks literally bristling with danger, wagers made on enormous scales, and death defying stunts that make gravity look like a play thing. The problem was is the only circuits were mostly under the control of Hutts and other mob bosses, preventing the real companies from creating a solid profit line out of it, but this was about to change.

Around the table sat leaders of companies both big and small, the idea fund ten tracks and create the first galactic professional pod racing season. Some just wanted to fund a team of racers for the tracks, others would be the major partners and own the tracks themselves, endorsements, merchandise and ticket sales. The field was open on the first joiners, and after it get much more particular, for entering, after all who wanted to share the profits once the work was done.

Looking around at the various representatives Eamon nodded around the room, “I wish to think everyone in attendance for coming, this is I hope going to lead to a moment for the history books. As we know pod racing is by far the most exciting sport for our dollar, and the possible variations are endless. What I am proposing is simple, ten tracks for the first season, and we kick it off with a million credit race, something to get ever wanna be adrenaline jockey in on it. Something that will fuel interest to viewers and payperview across the holonet. We set up the rules, we set up the tracks and we set up the founding teams. Leave the Hutts and other tracks their spot, we don't try competition, we're simply the big leagues, where the real money and glory is found. This is the time to get in, this is the moment in which we can paint our brands across their hero's pods and uniforms. We can sell our products in the stands, our maintenance droids, our unique engines and parts. This is about making money, and creating a product the public will idolize, we won't have to sell it, it sells itself. The question is, which of you want in on the ground floor? Which of you want to have your pod in the winner's circle?”

[member="Popo"]
[member="Alen Na'Varro"]
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

"I'll field a team personally." Na'Varro could see something more than profit in this. "Two pods, two drivers. I'm in. Invictus Aeronautics will be interested in providing some degree of sponsorship, I'm sure of it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom