Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Place of Healing [Kyra vs Celeste]

Qy8wqbt.png

It felt odd to be back on Kashyyyk, to be back to work at the Halls of Healing.

The thought had dominated most of her day. But Celeste had not been able to deny that it felt good to be working again. After honeymooning with Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and traveling the galaxy, she'd almost forgotten what it was like to be whisked from one shift to the next, one patient at a time.

And today, what had turned into a visit to Silver Rest, morphed into a regular work day. Many of her healer fellows still based on Kashyyyk had been asking her to bring the twins. And now that she felt confident enough to travel with two infants, she finally made it. But following the events of Yurb, the Halls of Healing were bustling with activity. Many wounded were still undergoing treatments, along with the normal influx of minor issues. Celeste hadn't been able to contribute like Coren during the attack – she'd been battling through labor – but it was a still fact that came with a small measure of guilt.

So, this would be her way of giving back.

With the twins in good hands, she walked the halls towards her next patient. Her slender hand reached for the chart, and her eyes went wide. “Kyra Perl,” she read aloud, astonished.

Blinking, Celeste looked around the empty halls, and then sighed as she focused on the chart before her. Reading the rather painful account of the girl's arm injury, Celeste couldn't help but wince. Of course, she knew what triage was like after such an event – it was not always the best scenario for patients, but medical staff did what they could to ensure all patients survived.

Of course, she'd heard about Kyra's shattered arm from Coren. And she still remembered the look of utter worry on his face. For her own part, Celeste had chosen to sit on her hands – so to speak. Coren knew she was capable of helping Kyra, but he'd never asked. And the girl herself had never asked. So, Celeste tip-toed about, not wanting to tred upon their budding father-daughter relationship. This meant keeping her distance. It was difficult, given that her tender heart wanted nothing more than to help.

Her hand reached for the door, but paused. Would Kyra Perl Kyra Perl be more comfortable with another healer? Then her brow furrowed. There was no one else today. And this was professional – it was not about personal feelings.

Celeste would simply treat her like any other patient.

Steeling her nerves, she pushed the door open – “Hello, Kyra,” she began in an even tone. “It's good to see you again. I'll be your healer today.” Though Celeste kept her tone amiable, there was a soft sternness as well. You may not like it, but this is how it's going to be.

“How are you feeling?” Inwardly, Celeste braced for impact.

Kyra blinked up from her holopod, a game stalling mid air as she stared uncomprehendingly at the woman before her.

"..."

She looked down at Celeste's stomach, then back up to her face, then once more at the walls around her. A groan from Kyra melted into the air, the stubborn set to the woman sensed and understood in an instant.

"What are you doing here?" She protested, jamming the holopod off. The catchy music fell silent, giving space for sound of the bed crinkling under Kyra as she squirmed. Oh, they both knew what she was doing here. Kyra looked again to her stomach, her expression contorting to recognizable pain.

So they were born then. They. The enemies.

For a girl that cherished siblings so much, there was something so inherently threatening to her about this family of Coren's. Kyra couldn't bare feeling replaced. Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield would know that bite from her all too well.

A hot prick of emotion hit her waterline, Kyra in no spirits for something like this. "Can't I see someone else?"

A harsh set of first words to the woman, but Kyra felt no shame. She didn't ask for this.

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel

Celeste was greeted by teenage attitude—holopod gaming, blank stare, and a groan.

The twins were only newborns, but she was beginning to dread their teenage years already, especially if this is what she had to look forward to. Keen to observe, she noted the way Kyra's eyes darted to her midsection and then flitted about the room.

She merely arched an amused brow as Kyra asked what she was doing there. No need to answer that, indeed they both knew. But the message behind the question was received, loud and clear. Again, Celeste felt the girl's eyes on her stomach. And she noted the pain written across Kyra's face; it had nothing to do with her arm injury.

Yes, Kyra had two new half-siblings – blood she shared with Coren. Celeste did want them to meet, when the time was right. But now was not that time. Celeste busied herself with studying Kyra's chart again for a moment to get a feel for what had already been done, and she answered without looking up.

“I'm afraid not,” she said. Then, Celeste exhaled softly and glanced over at Kyra. “You're stuck with me today,” she added, with a genial smile. Though the teenage angst was threatening to distract her from being calm, she did her best to keep an even keel.

“If it helps,” she began as she sat on a stool and wheeled herself closer. “Don't think of me as anything but your healer for now.” Celeste gave the girl a hopeful look, baby steps. If she could get her comfortable with this notion, then maybe they could eventually move onto just being friends.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

"I don't want you for anything," came the biting reply, Kyra's throat closing up with the sting of emotion as Celeste rolled closer. There was nothing subtle or subdued about Kyra's response to the woman. One might expect a padawan to have a sense of decorum with a master regardless of their relation, but Kyra showed no signs of that, much to Caedyn Arenais 's continued distress.

"What are you even doing here? Don't you have a family to deal with? You can't get him and here from me you know, that's just not fair." The lack of tact was unrelenting, Kyra digging right to the heart of the tension with no regard for Celeste purpose in front of her today.

"I want someone else." She demanded, jerking back from the stranger as she rolled in. Kyra did not know what to expect from the wife of her long lost father, but her stress did a fair good job at trying to burn the bridge down before it could stand. There was no rational to her response, only blood-boiling pain.

Why her and not Kyra? What had made her not good enough? Her lip quivered, the show of weakness quickly masked by a snarl.

Celeste blinked. Her attempt to reach out had only made Kyra withdraw even more. And it wasn't hard to see that she'd definitely hit a nerve. The healer sat still despite the lash of Kyra's words, letting the girl voice her frustrations. Celeste understood where this was coming from, and she figured Kyra might as well get it all out in the open now. However, she'd have to make it clear that their session was not going to continue this way.

“I am not here to take anything from you—least of all your father,” she said. “Our family is,” she paused to find the right word. “Complicated—I know.” But, this was neither the time nor the place to discuss the tangled web of their familial ties. Celeste pinched the bridge of her nose momentarily and then looked up again.

She looked Kyra in the eyes and took on a more serious tone.

“To put it simply, I am here to help,” Celeste said, and she did not mention the twins—though they were here on Kashyyyk, too. Instead, she kept the focus on her patient and her patient alone.

“Right now, we both want the same thing: for your arm to heal and recover well. You want that, don't you?” She asked, canting her head to the side. As she spoke, her aura began to grow and expand—a healing calm. “We have scheduled your sessions to give you the best chances. It's very important that we make the most of this time...” She leveled a glance at Kyra.

The alternative was pretty clear.

“Let us begin, shall we?” she asked, offering a kind smile. “Please, tell me... how much pain are you experiencing right now?”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra's lip trembled, the expression ugly as she found herself frozen between indignation and pure spite. Any other moment, any other time, she would have stormed out of there. There was no way in the plane of Netherworld that she would sit still and feel like this in front of anyone she wouldn't kiss on the lips.

She wanted to punch Celeste on the lips. Did that count?

But the woman's well picked words found their mark. The ultimatum was clear. She could stay and work towards saving her arm. Or she could leave toss out the slim chance they were already pushing for. It was very easy for all her struggles over the last month to boil down and pin point on this woman. Celeste was not responsible for the war, her loss, or Coren's actions, but it mattered nothing to Kyra. Kyra ground her teeth, the humiliation too great to bare.

“Please, tell me... how much pain are you experiencing right now?”

"One-thousand," Kyra spat, hitting each syllable in a push of attitude.

It was only Celeste's calming influence that kept the tears from overflowing off her lash line, her gut churning as the girl made the very demoralizing decision to stay in place. Her arm mattered more. For the first time ever, Kyra had a problem that money couldn't fix and her actions would define.

The catch of emotion blipped out in a small whimper. Kra locked it down, looking away as she she slowly uncoiled back to the edge of the bed. But only cause she wanted to be healed.

Not cause she liked her.

Celeste calmly stood her ground. Though, if looks could shoot blaster bolts, she’d be dead on the spot. And if she listened hard, she could have sworn she heard Kyra gritting her teeth. Nevertheless, she nodded when her patient indicated her level of pain — and ignored the level of attitude that went along with it.

“Well, let's take care of that,” she said as Kyra turned away.

And the look of defeat on the girl’s face was heartbreaking. This was not her goal, not at all. But she’d do her best to take the pain away. It was especially easy, as a mother — that’s what she lived for. Drawing a breath, Celeste focused on Kyra.

Her presence would continue to flow around the girl, falling about her like a warm blanket. Celeste extended her hand, palm facing Kyra and concentrated on dulling the pain. And the healer closed her eyes, brows knit together as she used the force to see the injury. The previously shattered bone told a story of agony. It was written there, plainly.

“There has been some good progress,” she started, eyes still closed. “But—”

She stopped short, her brow furrowed. Something was off. “I will have to gently realign some of the bone, it seems to have shifted. We can’t proceed with healing until it has been corrected.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

A bit of softness began to wash over the girl's features as Celeste enveloped her with her energy. There was a tactile response to the efforts-- the healing energy actively embraced and engaged, as if Kyra was responding back. It was unconscious, but the girl was more responsive in the force than one might guess. Especially when she could have a prolonged discussion on cookies.

At Celeste's assessment, the softness hardened again. Kyra paled, a spike of anxiety puncturing through the woman's calm. "Wha-what?" She croaked. Kyra had been coached on this. She knew the risks, she knew the odds. The bone shards had shifted before-- there was only so much they could secure-- only so much they could screw back together manually. Half the point of this session was just to keep the tissue alive long enough so it could get to the point where it had something to heal to.

But that didn't mean she liked hearing it.

Her stomached churned, threatening to vomit up with lunch she had managed as she stared down the concept of shifting things around again. The thought of the pain visibly drained the blood form her face. She looked distinctly thinner, this had not been an easy month.

Her instincts screamed at her to run, a slight tremble hitting her limbs.

It took everything she had to keep it in. She wouldn't be weak. Especially not in front to this woman. "...Are you sure?" She uttered, looking distinctly small in that moment.

Last edited:
The healer braced for an explosion. But as Kyra's calm shattered, the pieces simply fell away. A frightened girl was sat before her, sans the protective shield of sass. The teen's frame seemed to wither before her eyes – pale, thin, and small.

And it made Celeste's heart ache.

Her hand twitched. It took every once of strength not to spring from her stool and wrap Kyra in a comforting embrace. The motherly instinct was strong, but Celeste kept her composure. She did not want to risk further upsetting the girl and completely derailing the session. That was really the last thing they needed to happen.

So, Celeste moved closer on her stool and placed a gentle hand on Kyra's good shoulder. Her force presence once more reaching out, trying to dispel the anxiety that had risen. Unfortunately, the healing process – even with the aid of the force – was not always easy. Kyra had quite the rocky road ahead of her, but Celeste knew that Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser would be there to help her traverse it. And if Kyra let her, she herself would be there, too.

Every step of the way.

“Yes,” she said, exhaling audibly. “I'm afraid so. Sometimes, even when you're most careful – it can happen.” Celeste withdrew her hand, and looked at Kyra with a soft expression. “We just need to give you a little boost today, and you'll be well on your way.”

Reaching into her pocket, she retrieved a circular amulet that had three small healing crystal shards set into it. She held the chain out to Kyra. “Here,” she said. “Why not hold onto this? The healing crystals will help – and I'll do my best to dull the pain.” Hopefully, the tangible distraction would keep her mind off the task ahead... or at least take the edge off.

Standing, Celeste moved to the head of the exam table and made sure the pillow would be there for Kyra's head, when she was ready.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra slumped as her anxiety was too easily dispelled. No one should be so easily persuaded, and for someone with such a strong will, one might think it shouldn't be a thing at all.

Kyra's emotions folded like sand against her influence, everything dissolving to a numb wash of calm that she admittedly embraced. Amongst the chaos of her life, she craved the peace. It was what had made time Caedyn Arenais so appealing lately, and why she had largely withdrawn. Yurb had rattled the empath's senses. For the first time, Kyra had begun to see the value of quiet.

None of this graced her awareness, the girl blith to her internal interaction with Celeste's presence as sat paralyzed in the bed. Even Celeste's mental warmth could not still the subtle quake that raked the girl as she slowly laid down, her tension bubbling forward into the strained tendon's in her neck.

"I swear if you're using this for vengeance," she whispered up at the woman, embarrassment prickling through her mind. Of all the ways she wanted her new father to see her, it wasn't like this. She wanted to seem capable-- accomplished. A daughter worth claiming. He had been gone for so long, was it because of the reports? She had almost been dismissed you know. From the order. She was not always the best behaving padawan.

The stress of it all was enough to drive the next set of words unabashed from her mouth, a hint of the brat shinning back through.

"I'll tell him you hit me."

Celeste leveled a look at Kyra and lifted a brow as if to say '... really?'

Medical professionals – Jedi healers included – held themselves to a rather strict code of ethics. Harming patients for vengeance was certainly not part of that code. Those that knew Celeste, knew that she was as gentle-hearted as the day was long.

But, she thought she'd picked up on the slightest inkling of sheepishness on Kyra's part, So, she let it go – instead reviewing her x-rays again. The girl's arm had already been man-handled and pieced back together. She didn't need force, she needed finesse.

And then came the threat.

“Oh?” she asked, canting her head to the side. Celeste stepped closer to Kyra's bedside, and made eye contact. “Well, I've never struck anyone in my entire life,” she began. And it was the truth. But, she wasn't telling Kyra this just for fun... she'd use the words as a distraction. Using the force to numb the pain, she began to make minuscule shifts – bit by bit.

“And I'm not sure it would be wise to try and deceive a Jedi Master – no matter his relation,” she said, a glimmer of a smile in her eyes. Her healing presence grew, amplified by the healing crystal amulet.

It wouldn't be long before the adjustment was done – so long as Kyra did not act out against her efforts.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra's fingers tightened on the amulet, knuckles white in anger. Or was that apprehension. Kyra had never showed much emotional aptitude, which was ironic for an empath that had the effect on the world around them like she did. She never slowed, or paused to consider the drives inside of her. She just reacted.

She snarled up at Celeste, the woman's confident words leaving her feeling vulnerable. Could he really like this new wife so much that it didn't matter what Kyra said? Her flash of insecurity was washed out in the face of the woman's healing aura. There was no pain, the girl too distracted by Celeste's words and the thick sensation of numb peace. Kyra squirmed, another flash of anxiety hitting her as she closed her eyes.

"I don't want to like you," she grumbled at the woman, less heat to the words than she would of liked as Celeste's influence brought the truth tumbling softly out. One might almost feel bad for how influential the girl's mind seemed to be, her breath growing slower as she entered a tranquil calm. For all the fire Kyra wanted to spit at the woman, there was no resistance to the aid Celeste offered. Kyra leaned into the energy of her new step mom, falling head first into the warmth.

The amulet tingled against Kyra's fingers, her grip growing soft and lax.

"Ow!" Kyra gasped, the final aligning of bones resulting in a flash of vibrant pain. After a belated moment of shock, Kyra groaned and curled up in a ball over the limb, the misalignement corrected and now throbbing.

"Ow-ow-" she complained, vision blurring. "You did that on purpose." A whine hit her voice. Her siblings knew the tone all too well. It meant Kyra had lost, and she knew it. It was a final weapon up her sleeve, and she was gonna use it without mercy. "I'm teeeeeelling...."

Last edited:
I don't want to like you.”

Celeste's brows arched slightly. While angry bite had left the girl's tone, the words definitely gnawed at her. The healer said nothing, but she let out an audible breath. It had never been her intention to force Kyra into calling her 'step-mom,' but she had certainly hoped that Coren's daughter would like her at the very least.

Then, the bones clicked into place.

And Celeste winced inwardly as Kyra gasped. She had done what she could for the pain, short of doping the girl up on meds. At this point, that would likely have done more harm than good. Despite her own personal feelings and urge to take all the pain away, Celeste knew it was all part of the healing process. Pain was a physical and emotional limitation, yes, but it was also the body's way of reminding one to pause – to take it slow. It was a limitation that could be overcome, with the right supportive care.

“I'm sorry that hurt,” she said, plainly – and gave the girl a look. I most certainly did not do this on purpose. “But the hardest part is through.”

Moving to open a cabinet, she pulled a blanket of the electric warmer and draped it over Kyra. Now that the bones were properly aligned, the next healing sessions would be far more productive. Perhaps, given time, Kyra would even be able to wiggle her fingers.

“Alright,” she said, her tone softer. “I'll begin healing – even with the amulet, it will take some time.”

The two of them were stuck together – for now, at least.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Weeks later. -- One day after the loss of Nida Perl Nida Perl
Sleep had not come to the littlest Perl. Only tears and anger and confusion had found her that first night. There was no processing what she had experienced. Shock and denial filled her mind. Every time she searched for a resolution inside herself, she ended up numb and without answers. Perhaps she would just have to get them for herself.

And so she ended up on Kattada, eyes blood shot and clothing crinkled. She had taken the ship coren had given her, flown by the pilot droid, and come here at first light. The dew of the morning was still thick in the air when the familiar pink form went trudging through the sand and up the temple's steps to Celeste's side. She didn't utter a greeting, her words coming rather abruptly.

"I need another session."

Of course, Coren would have returned with the news last night.

Just last night.

She looked half possessed.

Last edited:
Celeste didn't quite know what to think.

Last night – hours ago, really – Coren had come home with heartbreaking news. Nida Perl had been lost. It was such a shock, considering the gentle nature of the healer that Celeste herself had witnessed on several occasions. Indeed it was quite a tremendous loss; one that hit too close to home.

Coren was sleeping, recovering from battle. And the twins had woken her hours ago, but were now fast asleep. And so, in the wee hours, when it was still quite dark on Kattada, Celeste stole away to the sanctuary she was building within the temple. Here, it would be a place of healing – not unlike the Halls on Kashyyyk, but with a focus on patients in recovery. Though, this space was unfinished, it still brought her a small sense of comfort to be near the healing crystal artifacts that had only been delivered recently.

Sitting there alone, she had not expected any visitors – especially at this hour. But she turned at the voice of Kyra Perl. Celeste's dark eyes widened, and she immediately stood to her feet. She drew her white robes around her form, and padded over to the youngest Perl.

“Kyra,” she said, softly. “How --” she started to ask, but them remembered that she had her own ship now. The healer's expression was softer than the last time they'd met, and concern was written quite clearly. “Are you alright?”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

The pain in her arm was unbearable. Surviving an explosion, tumbling down stories of rubble, and near drowning in a river wasn't easy on any body. There had been buffers. Thirdas. Her shield. She had survived.

But she felt broken. Like a piece of her shattered off and was left behind on that cursed planet. Nida.

"I need you to do that thing again so I can go back," Kyra asserted, every bit of confidence in her declaration as she wavered before the woman. She had never approached Celeste willingly before, but that hardly mattered here. She needed something the woman could give. And frankly, given their relation, Kyra expected to get it. It was a black and white exchange, she rationalized, wavering before her step mom half a sphere aware at the crack of dawn, asking for her aid. There were other healers at Silver Rest, but no. Nothing personal to it.

A nasty gash peeked out from under a bacta patch on her temple, which might explain the unsteadiness of her feet. But then came the faint wiff of alcohol.

"Please," her voice croaked, the hardness fleeing in a sudden gust as she fell forward, her legs giving out. "I need my arm back."

Last edited:
Celeste could sense the spikes of pain, it was almost palpable within the force. And the healer went to work without even needing to think. She listened as Kyra stated the reason for her unexpected visit; a healing session. Of course, the girl would not have traveled all this way just hang around with her step mother.

Nevertheless, she'd oblige – not only was it her way as a healer, it was just part of her being.

Kyra's plea had not fallen on deaf ears, and Celeste caught the girl by the shoulders as her legs gave out. Supporting Kyra with a steady arm around her, she guided the girl towards one of the new healing rooms. The space was unfinished, but it would do, for now – the walls were in the process of being painted in the same tranquil hue as the ocean. But there was a healing crystal on the wall that would lend its aid to Kyra's cause.

There was, thankfully, a floor mat and pillow nearby. In such close proximity, she easily caught the scent of alcohol. Poor girl, Celeste thought with an audible sigh as she gently lowered Kyra onto the comfortable mat and situated her head on the pillow.

“Just relax,” she said soothingly. “I'll get you patched up.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra was easily lead, no part of her resisting Celeste's help. Last time she had rejected her, possessing nothing but hatred for the stranger she viewed as a threat. Today Celeste took on a different title. Helper. Healer. Where else do you go to when you're at your worst? Not strangers, but- but--...

However tentative or new, Kyra leaned into Celestes arms, the world swirling as she was laid across the bed.

"My arm? You'll make it work?" She insisted, trying to raise it up to her. It was a task that had been impossible a month back, but today her shoulder seemed to respond. The rest would feel limp, less life in it than before. It had all been one step forward and two back. Not just her arm, but her life.

Nida was lost. Lost. No emotion existed behind those words, a numb haze wrapping itself around that strange reality

Her head rolled, eyes flickering closed as the first warm wave of energy encased her, as thick as a blanket. Like before, her body seemed to jump at it, embracing the healing light. Her energy changed in an instant, her slight tremor fading.

"...I need something to heal sith," she murmured, a belated sense of insistence to her words as she rolled her head and have Celeste a hazy look. "You have an amulet...?" Came the exhausted slur.

Last edited:
Celeste pulled over a small cushion, and knelt at Kyra's side. And when the girl asked about her arm, her heart dropped. But she offered Kyra a hopeful smile, “I'll try my best.”

Gently, she grasped Kyra's arm as the girl moved it with surprising strength – and settled it back down. Letting the healing energy flow, and using her own presence to take the edge off the pain, she noted Kyra's response. How the girl ebbed and flowed with the force, pulled in and out with the tides.

Sitting still, palm extended towards Kyra's arm, Celeste arched a brow when she asked about the healing amulet. She paused, just long enough to dip a hand into her pocket and retrieve the circular pendant – the very same from their last healing session.

“Here,” she said, tucking it into Kyra's good palm and closing her fingers around it. “Keep it.”

Celeste offered an amiable smile down, and brushed a few strands of flame-red hair away from her forehead, her palm came to rest there for a moment – in what she hoped was a soothing way. And she let her own eyes close, falling into a quiet lull as her force presence continued to wrap Kyra in a blanket of warmth, comfort, and safety.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

In the craze of it all, Celeste's words felt like enough. She would be fine, she would be safe. The amulet would heal Nida Perl Nida Perl . The world felt black and white in that moment; Kyra had no desire to see it as otherwise. Celeste's healing warmth suffused her, stealing away her concerns and lulling her in to a calm that felt whole. Everything would be fine.

The comforting weight of the amulet was the last sensation to flicker through her mind, before Celeste's healing presence swept her away... and she slipped into the last peaceful slumber she would have for some time, Celeste's hand stroking her head.

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom