Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Night in the Clouds

273d705bfba3c478db2197cab595bb77-d5tog3t.jpg

[member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Ala Crescent"] | [member="John Locke"] | (any Silver Jedi or their allies are welcome)

A private Skyhook, over Kashyyyk

Gir walked around the rim of the encapsulated balcony, looking down at the darkened surface of Kashyyyk below. Forests of Wroshyr trees typically blanketed much of the world, but between their altitude and the expansive nighttime mists, he could only see peaks of the mountains breaking through. The higher he looked up, the more beauty he saw. The stars were in full gleam, with only one of the world's gleaming moons breaking that starry vista. A trio of wedge-shaped shapes briefly eclipsed the moon, engendering pride tempered with solemnity. The Deluge-class Battle Carriers that now orbited the world were but one of Lucerne Labs products that were now equipping the Silver Jedi and their ISAF allies. While starships were probably the most prominent product sold to the faction, there were equally important droids and vehicles that the company had funneled to group in the trillions of units. So far the relationship had been beneficial to both groups, and that did not seem likely to change any time soon. His comlink chimed.

"Yes? What is it C4?"

The precisely clipped tones of the protocol droid wafted out of the device, "Sir, the first of the guests have arrived. If I may so, you should be here to greet them."

Amusement swept over his face, "What if I don't show up C4? Do you think that the guests will be offended?"

"Sir, I must protest-"

"I'll be there shortly," said Gir, striding away from the balcony.

"How typical-"

Gir clicked the device, cutting the channel. While Gir appreciated the droid's attention, it's almost incessant nagging over the past few days was finally starting to get to him. It's a good thing this isn't a routine event. He strolled past the wet bar and the currently empty dance floor. A large buffet and tables had been arranged just off to the side of that, where the serving droids were placing the finishing touches on the exotic flower arrangements. His eyes swept past it all, briefly settling a neatly ordered stack of duraplast boxes emblazoned with the logo of the newly established Lucerne Personal Defense. A subsidiary which could have only come into existence with the backing of the Silver Jedi. Tonight, the new company would provide a taste of what the Silver Jedi could start to expect receive from their backers. The man from Hast arrived at the turbolift doors alongside C4, just in time to greet the first guests.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu was looking at the fortress, it had been a long time sinc eshe had been here when Selena Halcyon launched an assault ot liberate it from trandoshan and sith forces. Few came here but she could see where Ben Watts and Jaxton were fighting the sith, where Skye and Sarianna were battle meditating while Je'gan and her served to improve their prowess in the force and with the technologies. Still when she stepped around it and could see the restoration teams at work, all of their attention to the details and adding inth metal layers to the walls or restoring some fo the stone work with panels, the rooms with the modular storage and tubing around. So it would be a more effective fortress security wise. The blastdoors and viewports.

"Master Ike, you have a message." She was looking at it and nodded her head with a chance to head out before she was walking out into the air. Her robes were belted and hair down with crystal beads made from the inth metal they had. She could feel the force from the,, smell the fresh oils in her hair before walking now to go and meet anyone who might be here. The jedi master headed there to go and see what was happening when she held her hand out with the hardlight projection of her datapad on the palm of her hand. Appearing up, appearing to show all of the new materials that they had been setting up. Or some of the new projects the jedi may be able to handle. They had made the sleek new pocket carrier that could deploy a number of fighters and had the latest in their technologies.

As she finally arrived, Matsu stood there for a moment to allow anything like scanners to work with her, presenting herself as the petite master she mostly was, her real skill came from knowledge and how much she studied out there in the galaxy. She had functioned and even brought the design for the aing-tii hyperdrive that she had to function around. THeir hyperspace tracking and the scanner to hack into enenmy ship systems disabling them. A few other things though before she clasped her hands in front of herself with a look around. Eyes flicking around though while she was observing everything. The outer cloak a little loose over the Qel-Droma robes she had on that radiated the lightside of the force itself. her sabers were on her hip and the cracken field kit.

John was already on Kashyyk, the first batch of Pred-X and War-X droids had seen some limited use on Dagobah when the Silver Jedi forces clashed with the First Order and it was too good an opportunity for real feedback to pass up. He could have sent an engineer to take the readings, but if the man was completely honest he had to admit that he had been feeling a little cabin fever and had been looking for any excuse to get out of the office, so when the opportunity came he leapt at the chance.

So when the invitation came from the reclusive head of Lucerne Labs John was only to eager to see what the man had to offer. Or he would be if not for the voice of his self-appointed 'conscience' buzzing round. "Here we go, galivanting around again whenever the mood takes you, and then who has to take care of all the paperwork and make all the apologies for you? Sometimes I swear if I packed up and left you'd just fall to pieces." "You'd never do that EX...who else are you going to find who lets you boss them around...well most of the time." John threw a grin back at the droid standing behind him, his exuberance greeted with an annoyed shifting of the droid's posture. "It is a burden I would hardly wish upon anyone else it's true." Both conversationalists nodded accepting this round as a draw as the doors opened and they stepped out into the hall, John nodding his head in greeting at the others. "Thanks for the invite, quite a view you've got up here."

[member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Gir's lips slowly parted into a smile as [member="John Locke"] stepped off of the elevator. His eyes briefly scanned the man's face: he had heard about the accident that had turned him into a cyborg, but hearing about and seeing the augmentation was an entirely different matter than seeing it in person. But whatever the man's physical appearance, he would be far more interested in the man's intellect. Locke and Key Mechanics was another well-known supplier to the Silver Jedi known for making innovative products. Gir quickly stretched out his hand to offer a handshake to his fellow executive.

"Thank you," said Gir, briefly looking up through the transparisteel dome towards outer space, "It was actually C4's idea here, to help set the mood..."

His eyes briefly wondered off towards the other passing guests. A little over dozen people had swept past them to enter the main floor itself. Several couples had taken to drinking cocktails at the bar, while a more adventurous couple had taken to a slow waltz on the dance floor. It'll grow larger as time goes on...I'm sure of it. In the process of that quick scan, his eye's briefly met the form of [member="Matsu Ike"], a renowned Silver Jedi whom he had met last time in the company of Sor-Jan Xantha, another business partner of his. He would be curious to see what Sasori was up to. He quickly turned his attention back to Mr. Locke.

"...but it seems that everyone has a different interpretation of what is, or what it embodies."

He briefly paused.

"This may sound the most unromantic, but I see the night sky above and simply think of space and the stars beyond...or perhaps I should say the starships beyond. I understand that Locke and Key has recently ventured into making starships, am I right on that?"

"Slowly yeah," A rueful smile pulled up the corner of John's lips as he inclined his head at Gir, "In a place like this, I feel really like the small fish but we're pushing away from the ground battlefield slowly and opening up the starships. Well, still in the planning phases of the major ships but we're getting there. Need to get all the building blocks in place before we try to build any further right." The man's smile and speech were accompanied by the faintest whirl of motors as he clasped Gthe admiral's hand letting his gaze flick over towards the window. "Nah, I don't think it's unromantic. Most people look out there and see the stars, they the wonders of the universe but we see something else. It's about the wonders we create, the tools that let you see the universe and hte potential that brings. It's how I get some of my best ideas, just sit there staring up at the stars and wondering, how do I want to experience it, how can I help people who travel out there the most...well that or just what sounds really really cool and then how do I build it." The engineer's dark eyes flicked back towards his fellow engineer as his features settled into an easy smile, "Moods is always something hard to lock down, but here...It's like any creation you just need to create a start and then sit back and see where it takes you. Besides, you wouldn't want this to be too easy to predict now would you?"

[member="Gir Quee"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu looked at the ones who were there around her. she recognized GIr at least the other one... she was uncertain about. One of the shipbuilders that Anaara had worked with or seen in a meeting. Hmm she might be able to see a couple of things while listening more then probing. She didn't need to use the force here for hidden motives, "Gentlemen." She said it in a soft voice but looked up at the two of them before she was checking out some of the place. Not intruding on their conversation to add her own opinion. She remained with her eyes focused around herself where they could go.... THe conversation would be about bsuiness and maybe there would be a plan for something.

Gir carefully considered [member="John Locke"]'s words. His own mind briefly wandered to what he had heard of the company's founding, and the untimely death of the man who had founded it. It seemed strange to think that what had started out as scattered rebel grass-roots effort had morphed into a respectable, conventional company. What is it that Salmakk always said? Even the largest Krakana was once a pebble-sized egg? Gir started to open his mouth to share the mon calamari aphorism with the other man, but quickly thought better of it as the other man's last comment came to mind. He motioned for C4 to go get one of the boxes.

"That's very true," agreed Gir, "in economics and war alike..."

He briefly paused.

"Except for the investors. They always seem to want things to remain predictable, or to grow..."

The protocol droid returned with a couple of the small boxes with the Lucerne Personnel Defense logo emblazoned on it. He handed a box to [member="John Locke"] and to [member="Matsu Ike"], who appeared to have drifted into their presence. Gir popped the lid of his box to reveal a Nimbus-series personal shield generator.

"We're breaking into a new field ourselves," said the blonde man, "personal defense, probably an area where both of your companies have more expertise. These personal shield generators are our latest foray. Each example here is the prototype of what we hope to supply to the Silver Jedi and their allies. But realistically, meeting the demands of such a large group is daunting at best at an individual company level...I think that perhaps it is time for us, as suppliers of the Silver Jedi, to consider the Order's future and its needs. As powerful as our individual Jedi and Rangers can be, they all eventually need supplies and equipment of some sort to continue on with their missions. I wonder if that is something that we need to consider not as individual company leaders, but as joint members in the Silver Jedi supply chain..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom