Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Night in Nar Shaddaa

Outfit: Casual
Companion: Grisial
Tag: Marigold Marigold

Looking around the dive bar, Dreidi decided to take some time for herself and Grisial before they headed back to GA space. She was unsure why she decided to come to a dive bar, perhaps just because it was around the location that her father had grown up in during his life on Nar Shaddaa. Part of her must have assumed that it would be somewhere that he potentially visited though there was a large amount of doubt surrounding it all since she was visiting over a decade later and few things remained constant. Looking at the dive bar, there wasn't much that impressed her, it was loud music that wasn't a terrible choice if a bit dated, but there was not much that informed her the place was especially clean. It definitely looked grimier than most of the bars that she visited on Coruscant, even those of the lower levels.

However, she couldn't fight the sense that she needed to be here, or at least she wanted to be pulled here.

So she took a seat and felt Grisial's presence as the animal was not thrilled about having to settle on the somewhat sticky floor of the bar. It was definitely not the place that a Vulptex would find comfortable but he absolutely could not be left alone at the ship. Grisial was not great on his own, he was a pack animal and with their bond Dreidi could tell he suffered greatly from separation anxiety unless he was in the care of someone else. Dreidi looked at the drinks that were offer for the moment, she was curious as to what she wanted to consume. There wasn't much selection and Dreidi wasn't much of a drinker either so she had no clue as to what would be pleasant here.

"I'll have... I'll take a.... What's good here?" Dreidi asked as she was too unsure of what to drink.

"The local beer is passable, regulars have it." The bartender stated, his tone was weary and eyes felt like they were slightly judging her.

She nodded her head, "let's go for that then." Dreidi watched as he poured a thick black beverage into a glass before handing it to her, which she took a tentative sip, "hmmm....thick...." Attempting her best to convey she was enjoying the drink though she knew this was not really her thing.

Marigold never considered herself the type to spend her free time drinking. But life had drastically different plans, and terrible events. One after another, led it to becoming her routine, and perhaps her only way to hide away from her problems, and destress after a long and difficult session of bounty hunting.

Deciding to jump a few systems after her last job, which had gathered her some notoriety in the criminal world, she went to Nar Shaddaa. Laying low shouldn't be a problem for her, even if that characteristic red cloak of her might bring up a question or two. With the stolen ship that served as a home, she didn't have any reason to leave the port, really. But curiosity got better of her, so many new places she hadn't seen sparked what little genuinely positive emotions the young huntress had.

Although, she'd spent hours wandering around, with no place gathering much of long-term interest, she stopped and looked at a certain dive bar. It was no different from the many she seen but... This was different, gut feeling told her that she should go there. It was irrational, sure. But she was looking for a place to relax at anyway.

With a deep breath she enters, her red cloak kicked up by the wind slightly, from the looks of armor and multitude weapons, tools on her, one could tell that she was a bounty hunter, that could cause tension to what few individuals sat there. Marigold only spared a glance to those around her, and slowly walked over and took a seat herself, not... Too far from Dreidi and her companion. Speaking in a hushed, and tired tone.

"Beer." Not the first time she's been at a bar beer was the safest and most common choice, and judging by her weary eyes. One could tell she wasn't about to spend her time looking for any other drink. She looked over to Dreidi again, her gaze lingering for a few seconds, though. It lowered to look at Vulptex by her side. She waved at him slightly, not expecting the animal to react to her, Marigold was fond of animals however. It did warm her heart a little, stark contrast from otherwise serious and somber aura around her, even if such change lasted for an instant or two.

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Last edited:

Grisial took notice of the bounty hunter as she sat near Dreidi and him, he was curious about the litany of tools and equipment. Dreidi rarely wore much, usually just standard looking clothing with her energy bow and Lightsaber, and right now she didn't have that. Though he knew that Dreidi was skilled enough in the Force and Magick to not worry about any issues occurring.

"He says hi," Dreidi mentioned to Marigold, as she could sense through their bond the interest that Grisial in greeting others, especially those he assumed were non-Force Users. "His name is Grisial, I'm Dreidi." She gave a small smile as Dreidi introduced herself to the stranger, it was clear that Grisial was seeking to do an icebreaker of some sort so that Dreidi would talk to new people more often.

Looking at the beer that the bounty hunter was drinking, "rough day or just a long one hunting?" Dreidi asked, curious about how the other person was coping with things.

A brief smile escaped the bounty hunter as Dreidi translated Grislial's body language. She hid it underneath her hood hastily though, burying herself in it for a moment, her tone sheepish for all but a few seconds. "Well, hi there Grisial. And uh, Dreidi. Name's Marigold." She hummed, trying to keep up a mostly neutral expression as she sipped her beer, the taste of poison numbing her mind ever so slightly. Though, caught off-guard by the question.

"I, uh," She pondered for a few seconds, as if unsure what she should say. Clearly being not one with the greatest social skills. "guess you could say both." The huntress admitted. "Bounty hunting is a rough job, not that I mind. Kinda, whole reason why I'm doin' it.. Just, life's in general is rough chit." Marigold struggled to properly voice out her woes, so most of it came off as an awkward mumble. "You? I can say from light years away you're not really in your usual zone of comfort." She chuckled jokingly, somehow young huntress had an eagle eye for details like that, it was easy to know what people felt.

But not what she herself was feeling or going through, unfortunately. Emotions are hard.

"Pleasure to meet you Marigold." Dreidi nodded her head to the bounty hunter and offered a warm smile on her lips.

Dreidi could sense the awkwardness in talking and understood the difficulties in expressing emotions and feelings, Grisial tended to help her with it by just doing the expressing for her. "Well, hopefully your day was fruitful for your endeavours." Dreidi knew that bounty hunters were a mixed bunch that sometimes were willing to be helpful and work alongside Jedi, but others were just as eager to work with the enemies of Jedi. So she was being hopeful in that Marigold was one of the more decent bounty hunters out there.

"My father lived his childhood here. A slave for most of it, then smuggler. I like to visit from time to time, attempt to understand what life here was like for him, make sure others don't suffer the ways that he did." Dreidi shrugged, her efforts might not impact much but if there were a few less that suffered the way her father did then she considered the whole ordeal a success.

She took a few sips of her drink and placed it back down on the counter, "what brought you to this bar then?" Dreidi asked, in attempts to keep the conversation flowing as naturally as she could.

Marigold's face visibly relaxed as Dreidi responded to her with a warm smile. "Yeah, it was worth it." She smiled back, although it was more of a weak, subtle smile. Though, she did attentively listen to Dreidi, her expression twitching and souring into a frown as she mentioned that her father was a slave, a change in pace she couldn't hide with her hood, clearly a touchy subject. "Slavers ah... I wish I could do something to stop them. I'm just one person against an entire rim worth of crime lords and syndicates." Spark of fire, one of anger and hunger for vengeance briefly flashed in her eyes, her voice full of venom. "Take one down, five more take their place."

She took heavy, shaky sigh. Just the mention of the word 'Slave' nearly sent her spiralling down into a complete, angry meltdown. Though, she took a few more deep breaths. "Sorry, uh, um. I guess I'm laying low, I kind of, uh, cut up a crime lord into six different pieces and um, dropped him off the stage in front of probably a hundred or more gang members and crime lords... Then my employer secured the escape of slaves and we blew up the station, or at the very least, a good chunk of it." It was quite hard to control what was coming out of her mouth, and only at the end of her sentence did she realize that, well, she was sounding like a madman, or a maniac... Or both, upon such realization, the young huntress cleared her throat. "...so uh, I jumped like half the galaxy to.. Y'know, avoid the chase."

Attempting to fix the awkwardness, she cracked a joke. "Well uh, hey! I guess that does make up for a good resume, if you or your friends will ever need someone to take care of their problems, or uh, well, do something for them."

Dreidi nodded her head, "unfortunately ending slavery is not as easy as it sounds. I wish there was more that I could do as well but I am glad there are others out there doing something like myself." Dreidi gave an appreciative smile to the bounty hunter to let her know that she was glad to see an ally in someone else.

"Oh." The confession of Marigold's actions were surprising to Dreidi, mostly because she hadn't thought the stranger would be so open and honest without much probing. "Well, I am glad that you got out of there safely. Are you a vigilante fighter type then?" Dreidi asked curiously since bounty hunters tended to be working alongside or for criminal organisations so to see one slicing down criminal lords was definitely surprising for herself.

Dreidi chuckled, "I am not so sure that my friends would appreciate such aggressive methods," she gave a slight pause before adding, "they're all Jedi. I'm a Jedi and there tends to be a dislike for killing problems and not attempting other methods." Dreidi chuckled softly, "but good to know that you are willing to help us out, if the offer still stands."

Marigold's unsure expression slowly went back to a warm, even if partially hidden by the hood, smile. "Guess we're not that different then, in that regard, huh?" It was a breath of fresh air, sure, her secret employer that she barely knew anything about seemed to be anti-slavery as well, but Dreidi looked like she was more upfront with it. And being a bounty hunter, she liked... Direct approaches.

The surprise is meant by another change in expression, which appear to be quite common. Perhaps she feels safer to do it under her hood, hoping people don't notice. "Oh, uh, yeah um... I tend to not watch what comes out of my mouth when I'm all worked up, the talk about slaves tends to get me a little bit angry." One could wonder what was she like, when angered fully. Contrasting her more softspoken side, hiding beneath the red veil of cloth. "I dunno', sometimes I just hear rumours about slaver guilds or crime syndicates that do slave trading or capturing in the area close to where I am. And I uh, just y'know. Go and cut and gun them all up, with little to no credits to be had, except what I loot off em'. That being said, I usually take contracts related to hunting em' down wherever and whenever possible, since I'm more independant type than being in service to one person."

She sighed. "Well, not that the luxury of choice is as good as you'd think it is, since I can go for days or weeks without getting a contract, and running low on creds to get some food becomes a real possibility. My last job, the one I told you about.. Well, the employer was all mysterious and all that, I didn't meet him in person, just his attache, who was just as mysterious. The job was of my type, to kill a slaver. And the money was too good. So I took it despite the red flags."

The young huntress smiled, as she remembered her conversations with him. "Turns out not all people who hire killers or hunters are bad or criminals, shocker I know, right?" Though, she did take a pause to ponder about her comment on being a Jedi, responding with confusion. "A jedi, huh? I uh.. I'm not that well-versed in the uh, history.. stuff, so uh, um." It was awkward and, embarrassing for her to admit that she didn't know much about Jedi, or implying that she didn't know much of history at all, doubts started to crawl, did she out herself as stupid? Incompetent?

"..Yeah uh, the offer still stands!"

Dreidi nodded her head, "always good to know there are others you can turn to for help." She offered a smile and took a sip from her drink.

"I understand, I was the same when I was younger. Knowing the things that my father went through and knowing it wasn't even full story of the things he suffered, it can be tough." Dreidi always suspected that her father held back some of the darker, crueller acts done against him. Dreidi looked to Marigold, "but it is also important to know when not to allow emotions to cloud our judgement, easier said than done but something I have learnt over the years." Dreidi chuckled as she realised how much of a Jedi she was sounding nowadays with her advice.

Nodding her head, "well like I said, Galactic Alliance is always open to working with Bounty Hunters and you might be able to find work there that is more steady. If that is something that interests you." Dreidi was never a fan of promoting the GA, she had her qualms with it and did think it was not the best place for the Jedi but it was the biggest beacon of light and for some, it was the last true beacon of light in the galaxy.

Understanding that Jedi and the Force was not always the way that some were fully aware of, Dreidi smiled, "it can get super complicated and murky, most Jedi stand for peace, justice and seek the good in all. We fight those who are corrupt, evil and cruel, often called Sith but there are others with similar intentions. The Galactic Alliance and the New Jedi Order, they both stand firmly in the anti-slavery camp." Dreidi hoped the brief and general idea of what Jedi were came across well.

"If you wish to know more about it, I am happy to go over that more. But not a talk that is good for drinking." Dreidi chuckled and emptied her glass of the beer.

Marigold listened to Dreidi attentively, nodding. "I'm not sure, it feels good to feel emotions, y'know? It's really uh, hard to feel much of anything nowadays." Her eyes rolled to the side, as she took more sips of her drink. "I don't feel necessarily sad, but I just.. Don't feel much else, so the only kicks I get are adrenaline from the bounties, y'know? Or, just drinking. But I become too whiny if I drink too much, so uh, yeah. Just hunting I guess." Now that she was saying it out loud, it did hit her that she was in a rather miserable state of life, though, she didn't linger on that thought any longer, seemingly wanting to move on with the conversation.

"I'll think about working for them, but I don't want to become anyone's lapdog if you're catching my drift..." She pauses. "Besides, I'm not sure how to feel about the Alliance, or... About anything really, I've been locked from outside for too long so I'm uh, still catching up with some stuff."

The huntress would let the implications of those words settle in, taking another pause before speaking. "Yeah, all this politics stuff isnt for a first meeting in a bar, I reckon, think we should talk about something like uh, I don't know... Maybe, uh... What do you like doing? You seem like an empathetic person to me, considerin' your reasons for coming here." Despite her awkwardness, she did have a good eye and ear when it came to sensing what people were about, she blinked a few times. "I uh, like stabbing and slashing and shooting. and slicing..." She paused, realizing that was part of her job more than her hobbies, she did like doing all of it though, but that wasn't it... "Oh, I uh, I like sewing and tailoring, that cloak was technically a gift, but I find myself sewing it back together since it does paint a pretty big target due to it's colors and size, heh..."

"I think people misunderstand Jedi often, we aren't robots. We feel emotions, it is having the insight and understanding to not let those emotions cloud our judgement and cause us to act dangerously." Dreidi chuckled, she was never surprised how often non-Jedi believed that Jedi were somehow more robotic that droids. "I feel scared, hate, love and all that, it is just balancing my mind so that while I feel those emotions, I don't act on impulse or those emotions."

Nodding her head, "I like to come to Nar Shaddaa, returning to the moon where my father came from. A way to understand where my father came from, where people like him did. Also means that I can see how those living outside of the Galactic Alliance is doing, but it is probably a good idea to explore outside of Nar Shaddaa." Dreidi smirked, she wanted to more exploration of the galaxy but never sure where to go and stuck with the old reliant locations.

"Tailoring is a nice skill to have, a useful skill for any reasons. I am unfortunately not so skilled there. I can do some cookery and baking, nothing special though. I do love music and can play some instruments." Dreidi spoke of her own hobbies, she preferred music over the cooking but she was definitely improving her skills with cooking since she was often on missions and having to provide for herself and for Grisial.

Smiling to Marigold, "it's a lovely cloak that you have." Commenting on the red cloak that she was wearing.

"I dunno' much about the Jedi, but hey, you're probably right! I guess I'm the type to let emotions cloud my judgement, that's what I meant. Kind of, easy to get lost in the moment, y'know?" She commented. "But I can appreciate when other people have the self-control, it's.. A lot harder than it looks." She was respectful, knowing that sometimes resisting the urges to act on impulse took the will of steel. Marigold found herself barely resisting the temptations to cut throats of those who crossed her.

But she held on her sanity, hopefuly, would continue to not stray too far and fall into that inky abyss. "It's also good that you try to understand how it feels how to live outside of Alliance space, y'know? Not... Not everyone has someone they could go to, not everyone has 'that person' that will protect them from slavers, not everyone can just go by as a good-doer and bring food on the table." The young huntress felt like she could keep going for hours, her hand shifting into a closed fist, her voice filled with venom. Her head lowered, though, Marigold took a few deep breaths, recovering her composure. Deciding to move forth with the dialogue.

"You can cook? Well, heh! That's... More than I can say, never, and I do mean NEVER, let me be next to a kitchen. I'm probably going to burn it down, even if I'm not trying to cook something." She giggled, happily. "Maaan, I mean, music is so cool too. What kinda' instrument do you like to play? I think I remember trying to learn how to play piano and violin but unfortunately never really had the time for it."

She got unusually quiet as Dreidi commented on her cloak, blushing somewhat as it was one of the rare moments where a person had something positive to say about her, she mulls over the cloak's history with somber nostalgic tone. "It's uh, one of few things I have that remind me of my home." Her tone, shifted from overly confident to quiet and weak. "My caretakers said that I was found wrapped in it, and uh, always had it by my side, even if it was so oversized that i practically dragged most of it along the floor." Marigold let out a chuckle, leaning on the table with her elbow, and supporting her cheek with a hand, while the other held the drink, a shaky breath is drawn.

"Never uh, got to know my real parents, so I thought they were my real family all along, y'know?" She takes a long pause. "B-but, you know how it is, you gotta' pay the protection fees. And uh, well.." Her tone grew more broken and shaky. "They gave them the f-first thing they saw when they got back home."

"Just a girl in a red cloak."

A sharp exhale escaped her, while she finished the rest of her beer. Setting the glass down. "Well, I sure do know how to ruin the mood." That broken tone recovered slightly, although still quiet, it shifted into her comedic demeanor. "Don't uh, um.. Think about it too much, the more you travel, the more you'll realize that stories like this are plenty across the galaxy." The young huntress forced a smile out of herself. "It's nothing too special."

Last edited:

"It can be tough to control your emotions. Find that balance." Dreidi admitted, there were many times that she was victim to her emotions and let herself get too wind up. Especially when it came to those she cared about.

Nodding her head, Dreidi was glad that someone agreed and understood her position. "It can be easy to forget how the rest of the galaxy doesn't have luxury of the safety that a large faction like the Galactic Alliance has, especially those who are near Sith territory or were former Sith regions." Dreidi remembered all too well that those regions were heavily raided and there are still parts from what she had heard that were suffering from bandits and raiders.

"Nothing too special, I just do basic foods but my father taught my sister and myself some of the cooking skills that he had, he was much better at it than me," Dreidi chuckled as she thought back on the memories of her father's cooking, the smells of amazing home cooked meals from days of running around Kashyyyk. "I can sing, guitar and did some lessons with other stringed instruments like the violin. I can do some basics with piano and drums are tricky but I have some ability there." Dreidi confessed, "I find them a great way for self expression and helpful for honing some skills."

The story behind the cloak started sweet and it was nice that the people who took in Marigold had been so caring and considerate. Then it got darker when Dreidi realised that Marigold had been given away, sold to pay debts, it was nothing new for Dreidi since her father had mentioned a fate similar and there were thousands of stories not too dissimilar amongst slaves and former slaves. "Family can be overrated. Better to just find those willing to stay by your side through thick and thin. The found family is always more reliable than those claiming blood is thicker." Dreidi would always jump to the defence of her friends long before those claiming to be her family nowadays.

Finishing her beer, Dreidi ordered two more. "Sometimes drinking the woe away helps." She commented, "dulls the pain it causes your heart."

"Not sure who these Sith are either, heard about them a lot. But I'm actually yet to see one myself." Marigold admitted, calming down ever so slightly. "But yeah, glad to see that people haven't just thrown us into a dump and forgotten about us." Chuckling, she fully leaned her chin onto the table. "I dunno' how to express my feelings, neither in words nor music, so usually it just ends up in me taking my anger out at raiders and slavers." Unfortunately, she wasn't anyone special, or at least. Didn't think of herself as special, and battling syndicates came with a lethal risk. Leading to long bouts of recovery between the fits of carnage she leaves in the wake of her 'hunting' sessions, over time, these feelings boiled up.

"I guess, family is overrated, I just- dunno'... Feel alone, y'know?" She tried her best to explain it to Dreidi. "I, uh, find it hard to keep people that I find in my life, they all just end up, um.. Leaving, one way or another, whether I want it or not. I thought that if, y'know, maybe, I go to my home world and find friends there, it'd be better, but I'm not even sure where I am from at that point, a galaxy so wide and I feel estranged everywhere. With no uh, real place to call home."

She chuckled, covering her eye with a palm, taking a heavy sigh. "Sorry, I tend to assume that people I drink with are also my therapists, heh." She chuckled. "Blood may be thicker, but I'm all water. Guess that's for the best." She smiled as Dreidi suggested to drink her woes away. Alcohol was the best way to escape horrifying revelations of how utterly dull and saddening her life was. "You've read my mind! I'd love to drink more, feels like I need it at the moment." A chuckle escaped her. "Thanks."

Nodding her head, "it can be helpful to find other outlets for your emotions, ways that you are comfortable and that don't involve the need to beat up raiders and slavers." Dreidi commented, only because even for non-Jedi, Dreidi knew how important it was to have good emotional wellbeing, that storing things in, or only releasing emotions in violence, it is not healthy for the body and mind.

"Family is a tough one. Especially with family that don't appreciate you or do their job of caring for you. However, there is the family you have, and the one you make. I found friends and bonds with those close to me were more important than actual blood relatives." Dreidi then looked over to Marigold, "well, how about we try being friends, keep in touch and don't get into too much trouble." Dreidi chuckled softly as she extended to shake the other woman's hand.

Dreidi chuckled deeply, "think sometimes it is just as important for Jedi to know how to emotionally support and offer therapy as it is for them to know how to fight, how to use the Force. Being peace keepers also means being able to bring peace to all aspects of a person. Even the mind." Dreidi offered a warm smile to show it didn't bother her at all.

Gesturing to the barkeep for two more drinks. "That's a nice cloak you have by the way."

"I guess I'm a little bit behind on the 'non-violent outlets'. But I'll try to keep that in mind." She chuckled, at the thought. It seemed almost impossible for her to imagine, and yet. It felt like it'd be great. And yet, she didn't feel like it'd suit her, in between her bouts of mindless killing of lowly grunts, she did find herself longing for something more, that much could be sensed.

But she couldn't exactly bring any effort to make that change.

She smiled, as Dreidi spoke about family. From beneath the hood, it felt like a wide grin of genuine happiness.
"Thank you, that'd mean a lot to me, I can give you my comms, you can write and tune in if need be." She spoke happily while extending her own hand, and shaking it. Her hands were small, well. Not abnormally, she was still a kid by definition of the wider galaxy.

"Thanks, I guess I'm not a Jedi. But at least I can respect the hustle, sounds like a folktale hero many people need." She'd give Dreidi a smug. "Complimenting the cloak again? Guess it's a lot more fancier than I thought it was." Marigold giggled. "I don't know where I come from to have this fancy of a cloak, but hey! That's fine by me." She'd take a sip from the newly arrived drink. "Imagine the two of us, just absolutely ripping to shreds these damned criminals, and slavers, we'd fix the Galaxy in a century or so." The girl spoke, a little bit dazed with distant dreams. All thanks to the mugs of beer she's been drinking with her new buddy!

Dreidi nodded her head, "it can be tough finding what suits you right and easy to let them slip, but even stuff like sparring and friendly fighting can be healthy outlets. I know a lot of Jedi do that." Pointing out that it didn't have to be without sparring or fighting just the context of the situation mattered more.

Taking a napkin, Dreidi wrote down her details for Marigold to contact her. "I might be on missions and such once in awhile but will try to respond when I can." Dreidi was an adult but this face was one she was going to keep for decades now and she was unlikely to shift it till she was beyond a century old. The joy and curse of Zorren life, it seemed to be eternal youth.

"Sorry, forgot I had mentioned it before but definitely is a style I can see you rock well." Dreidi chuckled, she was not too use to drinking so her mind was aware she was being more unaware of repeating herself and sneakily used the Force to sober herself up for now. "Well, getting them imprisoned and being punished legally would be better than simply murdering them all. Killing them removes the opportunity for them to repent, redeem and rehabilitate. You got the chance to prove you are more than a slave, they deserve the opportunity to show they can change and be more than slavers."

While Dreidi hated slavers, she had learned that killing people without attempting to redeem or offer a chance to repent never went well.

"Missions? Can I come with you on some of em'? For your information, I indeed know more things than just how to kill people, I uh... I know how to navigate space, trips that'd take a week could be done in a few days with my help." She explained. "Plus some underworld know-how and you got yourself an invaluable crewmember, and I guess a friend too." Marigold emphasized the 'invaluable' part, clearly rather sensitive about appearing as useful and well, at least worth to be talking to.

"About letting slaver's live- I don't think that's going to ever happen with me around, it's just how it is. I just- don't feel like I can allow them to exist after I know what they do to people. I was always more than a slave, I got reduced to being just that, someone else's tool. The slavers made a conscious choice, and you better bet. That anyone I come across who uses slavers, will be cut in fething half!" She spoke aggressively, though not particularly towards Dreidi, the amount of negative feelings piling up, no language in the known Galaxy could describe just the sheer amount of animosity she holds. It makes her blood boil, just the mention of the word 'slaver' and 'repent' in one sentence was enough to make her hands shake, from fury.

Perhaps she wasn't the most stable and well-put person, but at this point, very few people in the galaxy were. Unfortunately, it's just how it was. "I've been killing them since I got my freedom, it's what I do the best, kill people. So I really don't see a reason why I'd change both the outlets and my ways, even if the former feels kind of- enticing when I think about it."

"I'll have to check, I tend to do ones for the New Jedi Order and got to operate in a manner that is honours their ways. Which means avoiding slaughtering people when there are better approaches to handling a situation." There was a lot of Dreidi's younger, more CIS mindset in Marigold than she might like to think, perhaps it was good to attempt to offer a hand to help Marigold to change, just as she did. "I understand why you seek the only course of action that you perceive there has to be. But becoming a monster to fight monsters, you lose yourself and you end up causing more harm to those around slavers who are innocent than the actual slavers."

Dreidi was not saying this as a Jedi but as someone with the experiences of realising they were becoming something else, something worse than they realised they wanted to be. It took time for Dreidi to become the Jedi that others saw her today as, and she still struggled when they heard she used Magick as well. But her actions, her ways were more agreeable and she was more tolerated than when she first appeared in GA space.

"If you cannot learn to control your actions, behaviours, then I cannot take you on missions with me. I cannot risk you going wild and killing people because you feel it is the correct level of justice. I did that before and while it feels good in the moment, and you can defend yourself for being right, the ripples, the lingering issues, nothing solves that." Dreidi commented before taking a long drink from her glass, "you seem like you want to do good, you have good intentions, right now your methods are something I have to disagree with as I do not think they help anyone."

The anger and fury emanating from Marigold demonstrated to Dreidi there was nothing she could say that would instantly change the mercenary's mind but she had to try, and she was giving it her best. Attempting to do what she needed when she first joined the GA, a sympathetic ear but gentle hand guiding her back on path. "Living a life of pure hate, fury, it is not living. You are just being a slave to an entirely different beast, a beast of your demons." Dreidi pointed out.

Marigold scoffed, crossing her hands as Dreidi spoke to her, it's clear that the word spoken were taken in, she thought them over, but the circumstance of life and events that happened around her made it really hard to comprehend the logic and reasoning of being merciful to slavers, like a broken record always scratching back to the same solution - kill. She took a deep sigh, taking her time to calm down.

"Well, I guess- I can just stand in the back and let you do all the talking and.. Rehabing stuff." She withdrew immedietly, crossing her hands in attempt to find some self-comfort, she wasn't going to give up these 'ideals' of hers, but at the very least. She was willing to compromise. "I'm no monster though, never said I was. I'm a hero at this point, doing good things for this Galaxy, all monsters do is do evil things, you know. Like enslaving people." Some of her logic came off as childish, or well, downright delusional at worst. She didn't have any education nor she engaged in philosophical debates about morality of her actions often to have any arguments, hell, Marigold never felt like she had to defend herself and her actions, to her they were objectively moral.

"And I don't live on fury on hatred! Y'know? I do things, sometimes... Like, eat. Um, sometimes." She lowered her gaze, perhaps in quiet realization that she really didn't do that much aside from just hunting and killing slavers. The young mercenary cleared her throat though. "Those ways of yours are restrictive too, but apparently I'm the one who's getting enslaved?" She pointed out, Dreidi could sense she was- a bit hurt by that statement, perhaps it hit a bit too close home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom