Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG A Nice Quiet Life Somewhere on a Frontier Planet

Consider this an experiment, if you will. We do a ton of stuff around here with epic heroes, giant clashes between good and evil, and all the classic space opera tropes. I've been curious about attempting something... different. Something much smaller and focused on intimate worldbuilding and storytelling. Think about all the old Westerns that focused on the people living in a small, frontier town. That's the idea. A band of settlers, essentially, staking their claim on backwater world to build a new life for themselves away from the wars and chaos of the greater galaxy.

Plot would be primarily driven by the characters and the story of establishing this new colony from the ground up. Not many big adventures or grand heroics. Just trying to make ends meet and put together some sort of new society. And really, we could do this from scratch. Pick a planet and location IC, chart it out, agree on something en route, and then start building once we land.

Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian The Arsenians might be looking to build a small settlement far out of the reaches of any faction. Basically a sort of hidden refuge town for if they have to abandon their home planet for some reason. They'll definitely need people to help get it going and they're not much for big factions so they won't get involved in any of their affairs.

Color me interested. Ken has been on the losing side of one of those "good versus evil" clashes, and a safe, quiet place he can help carve out of the frontier would be right up his alley. Maybe we could set up shop somewhere way out in the central Unknown Regions, like Giaca, GH-531, or Odessen. That keeps us pretty far from most of the major factions. We could also look at central Wild Space planets like Dubrava, Daluuj, or Smarteel that are reasonably far from both the Confederacy and the Silver Jedi.

If we want to go really, really far away, we could sub a planet out by the Ssi-Ruuvi Star Cluster. That's about as far as we could possibly get.

I can arrange that. Some kind of neutral ground for the Catharian Hegemony and the Eternal Empire would be nice.

That's... not any better.

Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian The Arsenians might be looking to build a small settlement far out of the reaches of any faction. Basically a sort of hidden refuge town for if they have to abandon their home planet for some reason. They'll definitely need people to help get it going and they're not much for big factions so they won't get involved in any of their affairs.

Who are the Arsenians? Interesting idea, but not quite the direction I was thinking. More independently organized.

Color me interested. Ken has been on the losing side of one of those "good versus evil" clashes, and a safe, quiet place he can help carve out of the frontier would be right up his alley. Maybe we could set up shop somewhere way out in the central Unknown Regions, like Giaca, GH-531, or Odessen. That keeps us pretty far from most of the major factions. We could also look at central Wild Space planets like Dubrava, Daluuj, or Smarteel that are reasonably far from both the Confederacy and the Silver Jedi.

If we want to go really, really far away, we could sub a planet out by the Ssi-Ruuvi Star Cluster. That's about as far as we could possibly get.

Nice. Definitely been looking at the central Unknown Regions. Seems like lots of good possibilities there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom