Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new suit for an old kind of party.

Elsyian.

Thing were progressing rather nicely for Viktor in the back ground. By background of course that simply meant outside of the Senate Chambers. He had approval, he had the manpower and now all he need was the equipment. After a few weeks of official and unofficial searches Viktor had a list of potential manufacturers for what he needed. The first of those manufacturers was on Elsyian.

A company owned by one [member="Elaine Thul"] who was apparently a member of one of the Noble Houses of Alderaan. An idea that suited him just fine considering he had attended an event on Alderaan not long ago. A Masquerade Ball complete with a scavenger hunt. Even though he had turned down the scavenger hunt part of the event he none the less enjoyed himself while he was there.

Just as his ship came out of hyperspace Victor who had taken to flying himself around for the moment hit the comms to make contact with the planet and hopefully Miss Thul herself.

"Elsyian Control this is Charlie Victor 3-5-2-9 requesting clearance to land at House Thul Estates."

Viktor would give it a few minutes pull the engines back to maintain his current position before moving on. He hoped Elaine or at least one of her people had got the message sent prior to his arrival letting her know he would be coming by to talk to her about a potential personal contract. He didn't give much details about the contract accept his name and rank of Defense Minister with the Yutani government.

He could of course have moved instead to use his CSA credentials but thought better of it deciding to stick his own for the timing being. Sure the CSA and the Senate itself was moving along well enough but was far from having the ability or authority to act as an individual entity.

She got the a message that [member="Viktor Alexander"] ship, had been given permission to land at the space port. She took her personal speeder, to spaceport to greet him. it was not often she got visitors, she usually had to go to them to sell the armaments to them. Her personal home was ready to show him all the wares, and if he wanted she was ready to let him take some weapons out for a hunt.

The weather was quite nice day, little too warm but not the hottest day of year by far. Their where a few clouds in the sky, but it was unlikely to rain today. She watched as his ship landed, she had few housecarls with her. They where dressed in power armour, though that armour was not on sale, it showed what she was capable of making for the right coin. As she watched up she saw some of local wildlife, strike the city shields they never got use to the invisible barrier. Though it did injure some, their was no way she was letting it down, as those flying beasts could easily eat a full grown person. She watched as his ship landed, and waited for him to disembark. The first thing he should see was her, dress in purple, the colour of her house.
7eaa01548d65a9888de2ed402a105dd4--prom-bridesmaid-dress-purple-homecoming-dress.jpg

Then he might see her housecarls and then a speeder, which would take him to her home.
She waited for him to disenmbark, and waited to see what his reaction would be. As first impressions where important.

Viktor proceeded to the designated landing spot he had been given. Considering the fact that Viktor himself was pilot the ship would go through it's entire landing sequence before the ramp lowered and Viktor appeared. He wore a simple flight suit instead of a suit. A product of the need to fly himself around. Suits were not very conducive to the potentially quick and fluid movements of piloting.

Viktor paused for a moment taking a look around before approaching the woman in the purple dress. He smiled and extended a hand to her.

"Elaine Thul? I am Viktor Alexander. Thank you for taking the time to see me. My apologies for making you wait. I decided to take the helm myself."

Viktor would then acknowledge each and every housecarl with a nod and a smile.

"So as my message stated I have by nature of position been required to accept a personal guard to follow me around everywhere I go. That being the case I would like to see them properly equipped for the tasks. You were one of a few manufacturers I found. It is my hope you would be willing to prove a demonstration of your products."

Viktor smiled and waited.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

She listened intently to [member="Viktor Alexander"] needs, as she walked alongside him. As she was interested in custom, and possibly more business later. As they got to speeder, one of her housecarls opened the door. ​Well I am sure we can accommodate your needs, she sat opposite him in the speeder, so they could talk face to face on the short journey. I have arranged a weapons demonstrations later, also i have a few other options for you. Though we talk about them, once you have had chance to get washed and changed. She looked at his flight suit, it would be uncomfortable she thought. The speeder head to her home, where the majority of her forces where based.

%EB%8F%BC%EC%A7%80%EB%B0%B0%EA%B2%BD%EC%B1%84%EC%83%895.jpg

He would be then lead to his quarters, so he could get changed.

Meanwhile she waited for him in the garden, with light snack for them both. The weapons where all lined up on a table, as well as artillery pieces. Also some of troops where around to give a demo, and sporting her types of armour. She was willing to make new pieces for his needs, but she atleast show him what was available first.

Viktor nodded as they rode in the speeder.

"Ok good. I look forward to seeing what your company has to offer."

When they got to the place Viktor didn't really respond to the comment about getting changed. He would follow the Housecarl to the room taking a quick minute to splash some water on his face and a little basic refreshing before stepping back out still wearing the flight suit. He would request if needed to be taken back to where Elaine is. Once in the garden Viktor gave a quick look around before approaching her.

"You have a nice garden Miss Thule."

He paused.

"Now more specifically this is what I am looking for. I need medium caliber side arms. Approximately 16 of them but to have a few to spare in case of malfunction may want to round that number up to 20."

He paused again.

"I will also need 13 assault rifles medium caliber with good stopping power but with a more compact size than the standard infantry rifle. I need something good for close quarters use. Specifically in clearing buildings with potentially tight corners."

Viktor took another pause before moving on to the next item.

"I need 13 sets of armor. Preferably light armor but with closer to medium armor level protection. With the protection focused on anti-blaster and anti-slugthrower damage."

Viktor smiled.

"Lastly if you have it available or can produce it I need 4 sets of protective bodysuits with the same anti-blaster and anti-slugthrower protection. It needs to be capable of being worn under a business suit or tuxedo without anyone knowing it is there."

Viktor paused.

"Do you have anything that can fill some or all of those requirements in each of those four categories?"

[member="Elaine Thul"]

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

She listened to his needs, and thought how best she could accommodate this.
Well I don't do bodysuit yet, but I am sure we can accommodate your requirements, and make something to your requirements.
She pointed to her chief armour, he can make any bespoke single armour.
Now as for you other requests, we can help with all of them.
Now we do two types of hand held blasters.
She walked over to a table, and the two lay their side by side.
This is the H.T.E. Blaster Pistol, it designed not to be on show. So it can be hidden discreetly by your security, if your are entertaining people, or you do not want people to know who is your security. I often have some my housecarls, infiltrate the waiting staff at events, so they can be their and not be seen. Also come with option of silencer, and laser light.
She then let him look at Blaster Pistol, and then she moved on to next one. It also had all attachments next to it.
This is a more obvious side arm, and more powerful than the blaster pistol. Comes like the pistol with options, with laser light or powerful torch.
She then let him look a heavy blaster, and once he had finished, she moved on to the next table.
Now we make three types of rifles, an assult rifle, a carbine and sniper rifle. Each have their own abilities, which you can see you self.
First we have H.T.E. Infantry Blaster MkII, it has adjustable stock, and integral bayonet and auxiliary grenade launcher. This has three siting options, to choose from as well as a range of grenades. Then we have the Carbine is more a tactical weapon, and to be honest, not very good for your needs, but good for scout troops. Then finally we have the sniper blaster, not the use of this, for you if people station away from you, to shoot possible incoming attacks, it powerful enough to pierce light armoured vehicles and highly accurate. Now if you wish to play with these, their is a target range over their, and one my housecarls will talk you through using them.
She then stood back to let him look at weapons properly and if he wishes, test them on the firing range.

H.T.E. Infantry Blaster
Scout Carbine
Sniper

Viktor listened to Elaine's pitch. When she was finished he gave her a nod.

"Thank you."

First Viktor picked up the smaller Blaster pistol. He tested the grip, aimed down the barrel, and tested the weight of it. Looking at it for a moment he began looking at the features before he started taking it apart and inspecting the individual components. Then he put it back together before setting it back on the table.

"That could possibly be a good fit for four of the twenty I need."

Viktor then moved on to the heavy Blaster. He picked it up felt the weight of it and looked down the sights before putting it back on the table.

"Too heavy and too bulky."

Viktor then moved on to the Infantry Blaster. He picked it up and looked at it. He even put it to his shoulder before putting it back on the table.

"To much bang for the buck. I know it is an odd thing to say. However you have to realize the type of situations I would find myself caught in would almost definitely involve innocent civilians in close proximity to attackers. This means things like grenades are a no go. My guards are not meant for prolonged engagements. Instead for speed and efficiency. Think hostage rescue."

Viktor moved on to the Scout Carbine. He found it odd she would say it didn't fit his needs. He picked it up and shouldered it. The size and weight fit exactly to what he needed. Or at least it came really close.

"This is actually very close to what i am looking for. Relatively small and light weight. How durable and accurate are they?

Viktor passed by the sniper rifle completely not even picking it up. He didn't employ nor would he ever employ snipers. The rifles were to long and bulky. The penetration was entirely too high. He turned back to Elaine.

"Ok so this part I would like to see a demonstration of the Blaster and the Scout Carbine before we move on. You said you had shooters ready to provide a demonstration?"

[member="Elaine Thul"]

She thought assult blaster would have been better for him, but he preferred the carbine. She did not mind after all he was the customer, he asked question about it.
She replied The carbine is designed, as scout weapon and thus has to durable, due to prolong use. It is also very accurate, if the user is proficiently trained in it's use.
She looked at one her housecarls, who then picked up the weapon. He then began to talk about it.
First off we have the blaster pistol, it comes with two options.
One laser tag site, and silencer. he paused for a moment, before continuing.
The weapon is semi automatic, so firing discipline is required, due to small ammo pack.
The main advantage to this weapon is, it is easy to conceal.
The laser sight helps with accuracy, and the silencer helps keep thing quite, if in a crowd.
This is advantage because, blaster fire can cause civilians to run, and possibly injure each other.
He then gave a demonstration of the weapon, at a durasteel target. Showing how accurate it was.
​Also being a small blaster, it can't be easily removed form your hand, if in close quarters.
He then went over to a second table.
Secondly we have the Carbine, with three combat options with this model.
He then had three laid out for him, in all three configurations.
First we have without any scopes, if choice this. You do so to help ambush your opponent, as laser and glass lens can give your postion away.
In this mode you can be accurate to three hundred meters, but you have a semi automatic mode, and a single fire mode.
He then gave a demonstration with it, firing in both modes.
He fired a shot at a melon, and as the shot hit it, it exploded.
Next he used it semi automatic mode, and shot a target configured like a man in armour.
The shots where all clustered around the head, showing the accuracy of the weapon.
The next mode is laser target sight, this puts a laser dot on your target. Then once adjusted for your personal shooting style, will show you where you make contact.
He then fired it at a target, and drew a hart on it with the hits.
As he did this Elaine moved further away from him, and picked up a bottle of sparkling white wine.
The next mode is only used in single fire mode, with scope this highly accurate.
He then leveled it off and shot the cork of the wine, which then allowed the wine free.
Then she poured two glasses of it, for them both.

She then sat down with glasses, and then took sip of her drink.
As she waited for him to come over.

Viktor watched and listened to the demonstration. He even visibly cringed at the shooting of the wine bottle cork. It was enough to make him want to walk out, back to his ship, and never come back. After taking a deep breath Viktor looked at the Housecarl.

"May I?"

Unless stopped or told no Viktor would pick up the blaster and aimed it at a durasteel target. He fire off five shots putting a fist sized group on the target. Then he put it back down and turned back to the Housecarl completely ignoring Elaine waiting for him with the wine. He was here for business and not pleasure.

"Ok and about the armor requirements I presented? Do you have anything to fulfill the main requirement? The 13 sets of light armor?"

[member="Elaine Thul"]

She was trying to mix business and pleasure, so he would want to come back. The plan did not seem to work, her smile turned into a bit of a frown.
Well I make one type of light armour, for military use.
A suit of it was brought out, as it was brought out she had drink of the wine, well it would be a shame to waste it.
She waited for the suit to be given to him, for his inspection. As it was she began talking again.
We also have some combat armour, if you wish to look also. I do have something else, but not as durable.
It is only just coming through the pipe line, it has not got all the same hall marks as that armour does.
Though it may suit you, she then looked at her royal armour, he brought out a high quality armour weave out.
It is still going through tests, but once testing is finished you could make a suit out of it. This still prototype, so we still have a few bugs to work out on it.
Also we offer training options, for your body guards, if you wish.

She took another sip of her wine, she liked bubbles. Their was still a glass their, and she waited for any questions, he may have.

Viktor looked at the set of light armor that was brought out. He looked over it for a moment before he shook his head.

"It doesn't fit what I need. These 13 sets that I need are for when the poodoo hits the fan and people need to be rescued and evacuated. Think a quick reaction force should we encounter something that the other 3 low profile guards and I can't handle. Something able to with stand blasters, slugthrowers, and even grenades. However the reason why I am looking at light armors is because I need it to be fast and flexible not for medium to large scale sustained assaults. Those are for dedicated military forces."

He paused as a prototype was brought out. He looked it over for a view minutes before asking a single question.

"I don't need clothing made out of it...........the material is wrong but can it be worn under clothing?"

Viktor then shook his head.

"No the training is already underway. They are being trained by a cadre of instructors made up of both Special Ops soldiers and Embassy guards in a hybrid program I am developing. This kit I am trying to put together is for the graduates of the program."

[member="Elaine Thul"]

Well we also make a combat armour, it is durable, and designed for infantry on the battle field. The critical parts of the body, are protected by durasteel, and the face by transparisteel, and the rest of body by plastoids. It comes with lots extra as standard, including something I give all combat soliders, a medkit. She had a suit brought to him, in his size so he could inspect it. As well as a computer, so he could see what command and control would monitor.

As he looked at she also said, Yes it is a thin material, so it could be turned into an under suit. Now if this does not meet your personal needs, then please talk to my chief armour, and tell him exactly what you wish, and we do small production run for you.

She took another sip of the wine, she waited for him to decide what he wanted. She was willing to also make a set of armour for his men, if this was not sufficient for his men. Though she was not as bothered about this deal, it was a bigger goal she wanted, he was a senator,and could possibly see her armed forces later, and know they where for hire. The CSA was still small at moment, and a military contractor may be of use for them. This was her main goal for this sale.

Viktor looked at the armor not bothering with the computer as he would most likely not be filtering any data back to Yutani nor Alliance Command. These were personal guard not soldiers and only answerable to him. If something with south it would be him sitting in the hot seat. Not his guards and not the Military.

He took one last look at all of the stuff in front of him before turning back to Elaine.

"Ok so six of the compact side arms, twenty of the Scout Carbines, and sixteen sets of the armor would cost me what? Of course I would also be interested in knowing when the prototype material is completed and approved."

For the first time since he had started inspecting the weapons and armor Viktor stepped away from the tables.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

She looked at him, and handed him the bill for his items. The prototype should be ready in a week, if any bugs need ironing out. As for the bill, we can knock some off. This was the crunch for her,as the gear, she makes anyway to supply her army. She has it racks, ready if the world ever becomes the focus of an invasion, or an attack. So it was whole sale stuff or her, what she needed was a contract, a big contract. She needed to help fund her army, as standing armies where expensive. I can give you the items at twenty percent discount, if you can pass on my price guide to the rest of senate, these will include using my military assets.

Viktor nodded about the prototypes.

"Knock some off? Are you talking about a bulk order discount? I don't really need so many as to really qualify as a bulk order. Not to mention we would be talking about a one time purchase."

Viktor knew they were getting to the meat of negotiations. The part where she pretended to do him this huge favor so he would feel obligated to do a favor in response. It was a solid business practice but only when it worked.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

Well I need a favour, and as such I feel I should offer you discount if you are willing to do it for me. I need a contract to supply military hard ware, possibly personal for training and combat roles. I have rebuilt my task force since, the battle of Kashyyk against the mandalorians. Though maintaining the standing forces, research and development of military hardware, as well everything else required, cost money. I could do with a contract, so I have other revenue sources. Your order it self while useful, is small, so if you do me favour and give my price list to the right people, I can cut you deal as return favour, if I get a contract, you can have the stuff for free. As you be doing me a big favour, and thus it would least I can do.

She explained the situation properly, as he was no fool. As if he was, he should not be a senator. She then offered him the glass of wine, that she poured earlier. She hoped he would say yes, but if not she would charge him full amount for the stuff.

Viktor smiled.

"I see."

He paused.

"Well I hate to disappoint you Miss Thule. Yutan has it's own Military, it's own supplier, thanks in part to the rules governing the member worlds of the CSA Yutan can't use suppliers outside of the already approved list of suppliers. I am going outside the box here in an effort to prevent handicapping Yutan's defensive force by seizing what equipment they do have."

He looked at her for a moment.

"Now full disclosure. The CSA is ran by leadership banking on the fact that since nobody has threatened them yet that the streak will continue indefinitely. For that reason that have no interest in building up the military. For my part my push back against such a policy has not earned me any favors with CSA leadership. As a matter of fact I am treading water.......very treacherous waters."

Viktor paused.

"However that being said I can put you in touch with the Commenori Palace. Their Minister of trade to be exact and let you present your pitch to them. Anything more would unfortunately hurt your chances more than help them."

Viktor sighed and shook his head.

"As long as Commenor believes themselves to be untouchable with no enemies to speak of there will not be a lot of room for opportunities for the Military Industrial Complex."

[member="Elaine Thul"]

She ponder for a moment, she consider the fact the leadership of CSA are guilty of being complacent. That was never a good thing, especially with the rise of new power's to the east of them. Two sith empires, and a new group of mandalorians, Alderaan now run by a warlord at it's side, and last but not least the First Order, seems to be beating the Galactic Alliance. She did not know where the C.S.A. lay in all this, but the idea they have no enemies, and that would continue was fallacy.

Deal, though I think you where right, but I shall not mention that. If you can get me a meeting, I shall refund the total balance of your purchase.

She extended her hand, as to shake on it.

Viktor chuckled and shook his head.

"No deal."

He paused.

"As I said it is a personal purchase and not representative of the CSA. I will pay full price for any items purchased through your company today."

Viktor paused again.

"I will however get you a meeting with the appropriate people and should you successfully obtain a contraction with the CSA you will keep me apprised on not only the terms of that contract but a list of what is being purchased and by whom it is being purchased.

Those are my terms."

[member="Elaine Thul"]

She shook her head, it was something she could not do. As that was client privilege information, and that got out, no one would trade with her.
Then we have no deal, as that is information, I can not trade. She then gave him his bill, and then added calmly, You are welcome to stay for dinner, before departing.
She figured this attempt to get a bigger contract is now over, so no point pursuing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom