Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New Mentor and Friend

Kostodu walked nervously through the massive halls of the Jedi Temple. The same halls he'd walked through hundreds of times. But this time, it seemed like they were bigger, that Kostodu was just a small ant on the newly vacuumed red carpet. The Padawan's heart beat faster, practically echoing throughout the vacant corridor.

Normally, he'd be concerned for his health if he was feeling like this. But this was no normal day. Today, he would be assigned a Master. For years, Kostodu had been off doing his own thing, occasionally assigned simple missions from the higher-ups. Not every Padawan could have a Master right away, and Kostodu had been waiting for years. Finally, a Master was free. His name was Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn .

The Twi'lek suddenly found himself before an imposing steel gray door. He had zoned out for so long that he walked about half the Temple before coming back to reality. He gulped before knocking against the cool metal of the entrance.

0v7RlQs.png

Jedi Temple
Outfit:
Link
Weapon: Link
Tag: Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

The Jedi Master was currently instructing a gaggle of younglings on the finer movements of Form I within one of the many classrooms of the grand Jedi Temple. A complacent smile graced his face as he watched the Jedi-to-be take his instruction and make it their art. It was a warming experience - to teach. To pass on his knowledge.

The knock that echoed off the big doors behind him was expected. Today was the day he would meet his new Padawan. Something he tried to avoid in the past but now accepted without hesitation. He found himself enjoying his new teacher role and soon he would be meeting with the Grandmaster of the Order to speak on his future assignments.

"Enter." Kellen said curtly and with a deep, calming voice. "Alright class, that will conclude todays instruction. Remember what I've told you all and continue on to your next instructor. May the Force be with you all." The younglings echoed the Master's words with ethusiam before they spilled pass the entering Padawan with curious glances. Soon they were alone in the room.

0v7RlQs.png

Kostodu inhaled deeply before the door opened. Immediately, he noticed little beings swarming around his knees. Younglings. The Padawan smiled, watching them all stare at him, mouths agape. Now, they might be awed by what they saw, but one day, they themselves would be in Kostodu's shoes, meeting their Master.

The Twi'lek's mind came back to the present. He tore his gaze from the curious younglings below, to the mighty figure before him. Master Kellen Mynn. Jedi Battlemaster. Kostodu had read a bit about the man...no; he'd read a lot about him. Apparently, he was known for teaching younglings the basics of lightsaber combat. He was also known for his leadership and bravery in the face of danger. All that Kostodu wished he could be. And now he'd finally have that chance.

When the door closed behind him, signalling that the last of the younglings was out, Kostodu cleared his throat and introduced himself. "Hello Master Mynn, I'm Kostodu Xyston. Jedi Padawan."

What if that sounded too formal? Too unformal? Would the Master think it was disrespectful in some way? He let the words hang in the open air for what seemed like an eternity. Then a thought occurred to him. Could Master Mynn hear the Twi'lek's heart beating?

Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn

0v7RlQs.png

Jedi Temple
Outfit:
Link
Weapon: Link

Kellen stood still and clasped his hands in front of him with a relaxed and friendly expression on his face. There was a calm aura about him as he looked over his newly assigned Padawan. He wondered what experiences the young man would have already and where his interest and skills may lie. That was surely up for him to determine in their new partnership.

It didn't take the Force for him to realize the Padawan was nervous. The Jedi Master smiled as he spoke and gave it a moment before responding himself.

"There is no need to be nervous, my Padawan. It is a honor for me to meet you and I look forward to sharing my knowledge with you. I hope we both prove up to standard as Master and apprentice."

0v7RlQs.png

Kostodu's greeting was not incorrect or disrespectful in any way. Thankfully, it seemed his Master was understanding of his anxiety, smiling soothingly. Immediately, the Twi'lek's heart began to calm. "It is an honor to meet you as well, Master Mynn. I look forward to learning as much as I can from you. I believe we can be above the standard," he said, inclining his head in a gesture of respect.

What to talk about next... Usually, Kostodu could carry on a conversation with little hesitation or awkward moments. At this time, however, he was drawing a blank on what to say. What would the Jedi Master want to know right now? Possibly the Twi'lek's past experience, strengths, and weaknesses. It would be strange to launch right into an explanation though.

"So, Master, you'd probably like to get to know me a bit..." Kostodu scratched the back of his head.

Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn

New_GA1.png

Jedi Temple
Weapons:
Link & Link

GADividerWhite.png

The Jedi Master nodded his head in confirmation at the Padawan's assertion. Indeed, he would like to get to know his new apprentice. It would better serve him in knowing how to apply his future teachings and cater them specifically to better Xyston's weaknesses and nurture his strengths.

After all, teaching was all about patience.

"Indeed, my Padawan, let us discuss what you have already learned so far. Take a seat, please."

Kellen offered him a round chair low to the ground, meant for cross legged seating mainly for meditation and classroom application. He, in turned, took a seat opposite the one he offered the Padawan. Time to get through the introduction phase.

GADividerWhite.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom