Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new Master (Training Thread)

Having gone further into her personal backstory with her previous Master Celiana had been told that she was being abandoned as a student by her Master. She'd walked the temple grounds for hours spent several more hours working on her swoop-bike until she'd run in another Master willing to teach her.

Master Nima Tann. She'd made an interesting impression on Celiana and something told her this time things would work out well. She'd sent a quick message to her new Master to meet her at the temple Holosuites. That was honestly as much as she could come up with on short notice but hopefully when Master Tann would come up with something she was a Master after all....

[member="Nima Tann"]

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Another day in the Temple, she was doing her morning meditations. She didn't do them as frequently as before yet of course she liked doing them occasionally as they were good distractions to start her day. After everything was done, she was ready for another day, so that she slowly started to move towards the exit. Before she was going to however, she realized her holocommunicator was beeping. She opened to listen to the message. It was an unfamiliar face, requesting the Jedi Master to meet her in the Voss Academy, she looked like a Padawan, so it was probably for training. Now, she has never been there before, and was always curious. And that would be a chance to see it.

So, she started to move towards the place, Ice, her horse sized mutated wolf followed her as well. In the Temple, Ice was ocassionally alone. So whenever he had the chance to spend time with his caretaker he would take that chance and tag along always. It was like he was her shadow. She wasn't sure that the Padawan would get scared or not, so she wanted to warn Ice about it. "So, we are going to meet a new person. But I want you to contain your excitement this time, okay? And DON'T jump on her." Ice whined like a rebellious teen, but he would listen. Hopefully.

After a timeskip she arrived to the meeting place and started to wait for her.

[member="Celiana"]

Still waiting in the Voss Holosuites I'd decided to sit in the holosuites and meditate while I waited. Immersing myself in the currents of The Force and visualizing myself floating, I levitated myself up above the floor a full meter and reaching out with The Force engaged one of the holo-programs. While I'd lost my last Master she had impressed me with what Tython had looked like. "Computer, engage Tython ruins meditation holo-module 117."

"One moment, Initializing holo-module 117 Tython Ruins Meditation. Loading environmental protocols."

I felt the temperature shift to a slightly more humid atmosphere and opening my eyes I was in the jungles of Tython. The ruins of an ancient Jedi world surrounded me and I began exercising my Force abilities. Lifting several boulders from the surroundings around myself I started stacking them in various arrangements around myself. Then lifting more of the rubble I began arranging the rubble in a way that resembled some of the Meditative Rock Gardens of Eshan. Still immersed in The Force I reached out with my senses and felt a set of presences approaching, the first was a deep, calm presence in The Force and the second was more.....primal.

Opening my eyes once again I was greeted by the sight of a purple-skinned Twi'lek with bright blue eyes. Master Tann no doubt. The other presence I'd sensed padded into view a horse-sized wolf it appeared to be. Blinking several times in surprise I lowered the last of the rubble into place and extending my legs underneath myself I lowered myself to the balls of my feet. Releasing my hold of The Force I turned and brought my right horizontally facing fist against my vertically facing left open palm.

Bowing to the rock garden I'd created I paused and said, "Computer map and save the changes made to the environment for future references." Waiting for confirmation the next thing I heard was a chime and the words "Changes have been marked and mapped to existing programs." Smiling I turned with my hands still in the same position and bowed to Master Tann. "Good morning Master Tann."

[member="Nima Tann"]

Nima Tann

When she arrived at the Voss Academy, she was a bit amazed how the structure looked comparing to the older ones. It looked more technological at first, and the design was indeed improved both outside and inside. When she arrived at the training rooms, she started to watch the girl mediating in a virtually created area, which would be cooler if she wasn’t into illusions herself but still was pretty good! The Academy would be empty in these hours so with only her in it, she would predict that this was the girl that she was looking for. After giving Ice a look, that implied he shouldn’t jump on the girl once again, she sensed the girl examining her surroundings as she felt the Padawan's presence in her head. Which would be the first fault that she could see, as in a meditative state one would completely severe themselves from the environment and only focus on themselves. But, it could also be a good thing because it showed that she was aware of a possible danger.

Nima waited her to finish the meditation, as it would be rude to cut her while she was concentrating. The girl had the decorative taste of course, as she saw with the rocks and how she placed them in such harmony. And Nima appreciated decoration very much. As she saw the girl opening her eyes and directly looking at her after her meditation ended and the computer voice appeared from nowhere, she met her eyes with a smile. Apparently, just like her, she did some research before coming here as well and learned some information about her. One could never be too careful! “Good morning, Celiana was it? Nice to meet you.” She said, nodding. Then added, of course not passing the everyone’s favorite mutated wolf Ice! “And this is Ice. He’s my companion. Don’t need to worry about him though, he’s like a puppy.” Ice barked happily, apparently he liked the introduction. For once listening her about not jumping on people, he carefully got closer to the girl and sniffed the air as a greetings.

“So, how can I help you?” She asked then, in the message the girl talked about meeting her in the Academy but what she wanted was a bit unclear. Though from what she has seen, she would have a guess. Why would a Padawan ask a Master to meet with her in Academy? Well, the answer seemed a bit obvious to that one.

[member="Celiana"]

"Deep meditation has never particularly been my thing, and hello there Ice" I couldn't help it he was adorable in a ride him into battle sort of way. As he approached I let my let hand drop palm up and after he'd sniffed me I started idly scratching behind his ears which he seemed happy with judging by his tail waving back and forth.

As Master Tann walked up and asked so what can I help you with? Nervously looking her way I said, "I...need a teacher. Someone who can train me in sabers as well as The Force and.... I paused momentarily as I wanted to phrase my next words so I didn't offend her. May have struggled with the Darkness within themselves in the past. Because well, I'm in that situation now."

"I guess overall I'm looking for someone with more experience than myself. I'm looking forward to taking the trials but I want to be prepared before I do."

Looking over to her I realized Master Tann was quite lovely. And also not a normal Twi'lek, her skin was a deep ruby red and her eyes were blue the color of Eshan's oceans and lakes. Hopefully she'd train me, or at least take an interest in doing so. I continued scratching behind Ice's ears and I could feel him rumbling in what I took as approval while I waited for her response...

[member="Nima Tann"]

Nima Tann

You were pretty good, though! Just a little fix here and there and it will be much better.” She said, as she once had some difficulties learning about complete concentration and closing yourself to the outside world as well. One saying would be quite accurate here, even though she didn’t like those that much. “Practice makes perfect.”, indeed, before the recent events that turned her back to life after a big depression wave, she could only keep it together by meditating, so she could say she was pretty good at it now. Anyway, one thing she didn’t like as well was to remember and relive the past as her brain liked to do constantly, but the past was in the past after all. So sighing, she concentrated on something else. Seeing her adorable companion being all happy would help greatly, it seemed like Ice liked Celiana as well, with tail wagging and all! Also he had a funny face, which showed he was excited! “The next step is him jumping on you. You’ve been warned.” She laughed. Her next words were expected so she nodded, but after she heard her next words after that, it was confusion that filled her mind.

“You’ve done some research.” She said, not necessarily cold but still a bit colder than her usual self. But then her tone turned into a calmer one, and there was a slight smile forming on her lips. “That’s good. We always need to prepare, make it a battle or a simple conversation.” And then she continued with a nod, hearing the Padawan was in struggle with what she has been through as well, she knew she had the knowledge to help her so that was good! “I believe I can help you with that. But one advice, it’s a struggle if you think it as struggle. I use the word exploration. Especially for the Dark Side, it is only scary if you think it’s scary.” Of course, Celiana would want to learn about her more as she asked Nima to be her teacher. “Anyway, I am specialized in illusions and mentalism. Also I know the forms Ataru, Sokan and the basics. You’ll need pretty much Force power and physical energy for them.”

Meanwhile Ice was already in his playful mode after his “I like you” meter hit %100, so he was inviting Celiana to play with him, headbutting her legs playfully! But of course, there was a training to be done! “Ice, this is serious. She’ll play with you after the training alright?“ She nodded at her. “Anyway, how do you want to start our training?” This could be the answer to her question, that she accepted to be her teacher.

[member="Celiana"]

I actually didn't do any research Master, it's the way you carry yourself you've seen a great deal. As to Dark Side well I feel like it's the way power is used that corrupts not the powers themselves. There aren't many that agree with my views on that though. And you mentioned mentalism and illusions as well as the saber forms?

Honestly, I'm just eager to learn I'm Echani so maybe start with sabers? Looking over to Ice I said it's ok buddy, I'll play with you in a bit I scratched his ears to emphasize my point and looked towards Master Tann hoping she'd take a liking to my responses...

[member="Nima Tann"]

Nima Tann

"If you didn't do any research, then it's even more impressive. Such understanding is a rare Jedi trait, and even rarer if you are a Padawan." She said with a smile. She felt like her ideas were similar to the Padawan's, so that they would speak more freely, skipping the "How to talk with a religious Light Sider Jedi 101" class. "Absolutely. Force is not only Light Side after all, there is a whole side waiting for us to explore. The Jedi loves knowledge, but necessarily do not understand what to do with them. Dark Side is a source of knowledge for me, I don't desire its power, but it helps me greatly." Then added. "People love to blame something for their actions, not to deal with the consequences later. Dark Side is only a tool, people are the ones that are using it." If one of those religious Jedi heard her, she would be blamed for corrupting more Padawans.

Then her smile got bigger as she heard she was an Echani. "Now I understand." She said, then added. "My other Padawan is an Echani as well! You were a bit familiar" After giving another nod and watching Ice and her bonding for a second, she returned to the training. "We can start with a simple spar, I heard Echani get to know about each other in battlefield more than chatting like this." One of many things she heard from her other Padawan. At least this one didn't bow, like, each second so that was good!

[member="Celiana"]

It was nice to hear someone agree with my viewpoints though I could only imagine how the other Master might respond to our shared reasoning. Listening to her speak I learned a bit more of her and heard a bit about another padawan of hers. Wait...her other padawan was Echani as well? The only other Echani I knew was Aria...

Master Tann mentioned starting with a simple sparring session to get to know each other better. "I'm game for sparring, traditional Echain rules then? No sabers or gear and no Force Powers that can be used to aid in combat?" Taking a step back and raising my left hand as a loose guard in front of me with my right slightly behind it I asked, "your other padawan...are they female or named Aria by chance?"

Waiting for Master Tann to make the first move I closed my eyes and immersed myself in the currents of The Force utilizing my power of Force Sight. I wondered what colors she'd give off during this sparring match...

[member="Nima Tann"]

Nima Tann

Hmm, as soon as she said she had an Echani as a Padawan, she realized the aura changing. Soon, it would be revealed that she knew an Echani, and the fact that she said if Nima knew a girl named Aria, this girl would be a Jedi as well. Sadly for her, her Padawan wasn't the one she was talking about, yet she was curious why she specifically asked if she knew her. She would learn soon! "No, my Padawan was a male and his name was Taiden. He often goes to 'personal' quests by himself, I think he left the Temple once again as I haven't been able to contact him." She said, then put her equipments down, accepting the girl's invitation for a traditional duel. She didn't go all fists for a while, so that would be a good practice for her also. "Sounds good for me." Celiana already took her position, and Nima did the same as well, then as she perfected her stance, she nodded.

"So, tell me about this Aria." She said, of course it was a distraction to see how the girl would react, and if she wasn't that careful she would be hit by the quick punch she was targeting towards her right cheek. Being pretty fast, Celiana would only have a limited time to react.

[member="Celiana"]

Master Tann confirmed that her other padawan wasn't female. Though now I'd probably drawn her curiosity. Then I sensed rather than saw the quick punch just as Master Tann asked me to "Tell her about this Aria." Darting forward and to the left as she aimed at my right cheek I brought my left knee tight against my chest and kicked out as I brought my other leg up and jumped pivoting to my right in midair launching a lightning fast jump reverse side-kick towards Nima's midsection and landing back on my left foot.

"Well Master, I've already discussed this with another Master but Aria is...well to be entirely honest, a romantic interest. I'm quite fond of her and as Echani raised she and I understand each other quite well."

If Master Tann was paying attention she'd likely see how my cheeks had begun blushing a furious shade of pink. Not that I minded, I wanted others to know that thinking of her was something that made my heart race. I truly did care for her and I didn't much care if others knew that.

[member="Nima Tann"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom