Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply A new life

Mila Uhlesifa has just recently gotten away from the Hutts, she hadn’t even been able to remove the steel band that hugged her throat, a collar she covered with her newly swiped cloak. It was a pretty standard cloak that fell loosely around her shoulders and fell almost to her feet, her small frame easily hidden beneath it’s dark brown folds. Underneath this cloak was one of the Hutts’ typical idea of “clothing”, which is to say it covered very little of her, thankfully for her the cloak helped her avoid too much attention from onlookers. She strode through the streets of Naboo, looking for possibilities.

She had been panicking about what she should do. She had escaped the Hutts, but she had given little thought to what she would do after she got away. So now that she was out, she was racking her brain on what to do next. On top of that, she was certain that the Hutts sent or will send someone after her, whether to kill or capture her, she didn’t know and didn’t want to find out. It was her dread that she was going to be killed before she knew what true freedom felt like. And if she went unaided, she very well might.

As she walked through the square of one of Naboo’s small cities, she was unaware of the similarly cloaked man following her. That was until she was grabbed harshly from behind, and a hand clapped over her mouth, muffling her scream. She struggled as she was dragged aside, and she barely managed to get free and sprint away. She managed to scream “HELP!” before being tackled from behind and aggressively restrained by the cloaked man.

Vemric Keldra

V
Vemric strode through the streets of Keren with the same air of authority he always displayed wherever he went. He had just purchased certain parts for the Requiem that could only be found in this specific city on Naboo. Vemric enjoyed getting out of Theed from time to time. As he was making his way back to the starport, he threw a browsing eye over the market stalls, thinking how Maja enjoyed going through the markets. How he wished he could still get her something.

Everything seemed peaceful enough until the unexpected happened. A few paces in front of him, a cloaked man grabbed a woman and tried to drag her away. He watched with a frown as she managed to get away with a "Help!" before she got tackled to the ground again. The Fleet Marshal reacted instinctively. He was on the assailant faster than one would have guessed, his one vibrosword suddenly under the man's chin as he stood next to the man.
"I suggest you let her go and that you leave this place before I arrest you for kidnapping." he told him, his voice sound almost bored.
"This is Hutt business. Don't get involved." the cloaked man sneered.
Vemric cocked an eyebrow, but did not remove his sword from the man's throat. "I have no quarrel with the Hutts and neither does the Capital, but we can't allow them to tackle citizens left right and centre. I say again - let her go." he said, his voice turning a bit cold towards the end.
"Or what, Pointy Ears?"
In a lightning-fast movement, Vemric had grabbed hold of the Twi'lek girl, pulled her out of the man's grasp and pushed her behind him, his sword-point pricking the man's Adam's Apple.
"The choice is yours - either I arrest you or I kill you. I don't care either way." he said with an aloof sneer.
The man made the stupid decision to try and lunge for the girl. With another flash of movement, Vemric had moved himself and the girl to the right while slicing the throat of the cloaked man.

Most people knew who and what he was, so they kept their distance and continued on their way. Vemric turned to look down at the girl with a cocked eyebrow.
"There better be a good reason for me to have killed him. This might cause some slight diplomatic problems with the Hutts. So who are you and why was he after you? Speak quickly." he demanded as he nudged the dead man over onto his back with his boot. He did not recognize the man at all.

Mila Uhlesifa Mila Uhlesifa

Vemric strode through the streets of Keren with the same air of authority he always displayed wherever he went. He had just purchased certain parts for the Requiem that could only be found in this specific city on Naboo. Vemric enjoyed getting out of Theed from time to time. As he was making his way back to the starport, he threw a browsing eye over the market stalls, thinking how Maja enjoyed going through the markets. How he wished he could still get her something.

Everything seemed peaceful enough until the unexpected happened. A few paces in front of him, a cloaked man grabbed a woman and tried to drag her away. He watched with a frown as she managed to get away with a "Help!" before she got tackled to the ground again. The Fleet Marshal reacted instinctively. He was on the assailant faster than one would have guessed, his one vibrosword suddenly under the man's chin as he stood next to the man.
"I suggest you let her go and that you leave this place before I arrest you for kidnapping." he told him, his voice sound almost bored.
"This is Hutt business. Don't get involved." the cloaked man sneered.
Vemric cocked an eyebrow, but did not remove his sword from the man's throat. "I have no quarrel with the Hutts and neither does the Capital, but we can't allow them to tackle citizens left right and centre. I say again - let her go." he said, his voice turning a bit cold towards the end.
"Or what, Pointy Ears?"
In a lightning-fast movement, Vemric had grabbed hold of the Twi'lek girl, pulled her out of the man's grasp and pushed her behind him, his sword-point pricking the man's Adam's Apple.
"The choice is yours - either I arrest you or I kill you. I don't care either way." he said with an aloof sneer.
The man made the stupid decision to try and lunge for the girl. With another flash of movement, Vemric had moved himself and the girl to the right while slicing the throat of the cloaked man.

Most people knew who and what he was, so they kept their distance and continued on their way. Vemric turned to look down at the girl with a cocked eyebrow.
"There better be a good reason for me to have killed him. This might cause some slight diplomatic problems with the Hutts. So who are you and why was he after you? Speak quickly." he demanded as he nudged the dead man over onto his back with his boot. He did not recognize the man at all.

She was certain that she was done, she’d either be killed or dragged back to the Hutts for an even worse punishment. She struggled desperately as ropes were wrapped about her arms. She was certain that it was over, until someone came by, demanding that she be released.

Fearful hope filled her when the man showed up. She wasn’t absolutely certain that he’d actually help her, especially after her would be captor mentioned the Hutt clan. But the man proved to be a savior when she was suddenly flung behind him, and she fell back tripping over her cloak and falling onto the ground exposing her rather limited clothes, and even more tale-telling was the sheening collar that clutched her neck tightly. She looked up at the two men in fear, of both of them despite the man having saved her. She was startled by the sudden release of blood from the man’s throat, and watched wide eyed as he fell dead.

Then she was questioned by her savior, his words clearly telling her that she wasn’t out of the woods yet. “I’m Mila, escaped property of a Hutt. I fled from them, and they either want me back or exemplified. I don’t know which. Thank you sir, I owe you a great deal.”

Vemric Keldra

V
He listened as she answered his questions with apparent fear, an almost bored look on his face. His mind, however, jogged through the ramifications of both their actions. She was right in thinking that they won't let her go easily - she stood up a Hutt. That demanded consequences. He wanted to leave her to her own devices and go on his way, but it was as if Maja was hanging over his shoulder - urging him to help her. The corner of his upper lip curled in a sneer.
"Why Naboo, h'm? Why bring your trouble here?" he asked in a condescending tone. He could almost see Maja scowling at him. He let out a huff. "Come on." he then resigned. "We need to get you out of the excuse for clothes before you become Bantha fodder again."
He wiped his sword on the cadaver before sheathing it. He then turned and started walking down the street toward a little tailor shop on a corner further down, only glancing back slightly to see if Mila was following.

In the tailor shop, Vemric smacked some credits on the counter and asked the old seamstress to give Mila some decent clothing so that she did not stand out like a sore thumb. "Go. Pick out something adequate, please." he told Mila, still somewhat aloof. While he waited, it was as if he could almost see his deceased wife's smug smile. He suppressed rolling his eyes. His next worry was the collar that sat around her neck like a large neon sign screaming "here I am!". He'll sort that out on the Wraith. BB-9 will get rid of that easily enough. Covering her tracks completely would be a harder challenge. Shut up, Maja, he thought, although the corners of his mouth twitched as if he wanted to smile.

He listened as she answered his questions with apparent fear, an almost bored look on his face. His mind, however, jogged through the ramifications of both their actions. She was right in thinking that they won't let her go easily - she stood up a Hutt. That demanded consequences. He wanted to leave her to her own devices and go on his way, but it was as if Maja was hanging over his shoulder - urging him to help her. The corner of his upper lip curled in a sneer.
"Why Naboo, h'm? Why bring your trouble here?" he asked in a condescending tone. He could almost see Maja scowling at him. He let out a huff. "Come on." he then resigned. "We need to get you out of the excuse for clothes before you become Bantha fodder again."
He wiped his sword on the cadaver before sheathing it. He then turned and started walking down the street toward a little tailor shop on a corner further down, only glancing back slightly to see if Mila was following.

In the tailor shop, Vemric smacked some credits on the counter and asked the old seamstress to give Mila some decent clothing so that she did not stand out like a sore thumb. "Go. Pick out something adequate, please." he told Mila, still somewhat aloof. While he waited, it was as if he could almost see his deceased wife's smug smile. He suppressed rolling his eyes. His next worry was the collar that sat around her neck like a large neon sign screaming "here I am!". He'll sort that out on the Wraith. BB-9 will get rid of that easily enough. Covering her tracks completely would be a harder challenge. Shut up, Maja, he thought, although the corners of his mouth twitched as if he wanted to smile.

When he questioned why she came here, the answer was that it was the best option she had at the moment. She opened her mouth to reply but he spoke again, his words brought a blush to her cheeks. She covered herself sheepishly with the cloak. She stood and followed him to the seamstress with a truly grateful “thank you.”

From the seamstress she picked simple pants and a shirt and shoes. She made sure they were relatively low priced, she didn’t want to cost him much. After selecting and changing she came out waiting for further instructions.

(Going to bed. Good night.)

Vemric Keldra

V
Vemric did not have to wait too long before the young girl came out, dressed in much more normal clothes.
"Good. Now you can pass for a normal person on the street and not a harlot." he said with some approval accompanying his usual snarky manner.
" 'Scuse me, Sir? Her affects?" the old woman asked him before he walked out, Mila's cloak and strings hanging over her arms.
"Burn it. Quietly." he ordered before turning towards the door and motioning with his head for Mila to follow.

Out on the street, Vemric scanned their surroundings for any other scum that might be tailing Hutt bait. Whoever tried anything now would be stupid, as a patrol of droids came walking past.
"Sergeant!" Vemric barked.
The adequately coloured droid's head swiveled around and when he noticed who was addressing him, he snapped up straight.
"Admiral Sir?" he mechanically squeaked.
"I had to kill a man back there for attacking this citizen here. Get rid of the body and keep your sensors alert for any other troublemakers." Vemric ordered.
"Roger Roger." the droid saluted before turning to the other droids. "You heard the Admiral. Get moving."
"Roger Roger."
"Roger Roger." all the droids affirmed after one another. Eventually they started marching in the direction of the dead assailant.
Vemric turned to Mila. "Problem solved. For now." he said, somewhat bored once more. "Do you want to get rid of that thing around your neck?" he then asked her in the same tone while staring down his nose at her. He realized, albeit quietly, how small she was in relation to his tall frame. Maja would most certainly tell him to not scare the girl, as if Vemric could make himself smaller or less imposing. He sighed inwardly. If Mila's answer was affirmative, he would then continue towards the Spaceport where BB-9 would be waiting with the Wraith.

Vemric did not have to wait too long before the young girl came out, dressed in much more normal clothes.
"Good. Now you can pass for a normal person on the street and not a harlot." he said with some approval accompanying his usual snarky manner.
" 'Scuse me, Sir? Her affects?" the old woman asked him before he walked out, Mila's cloak and strings hanging over her arms.
"Burn it. Quietly." he ordered before turning towards the door and motioning with his head for Mila to follow.

Out on the street, Vemric scanned their surroundings for any other scum that might be tailing Hutt bait. Whoever tried anything now would be stupid, as a patrol of droids came walking past.
"Sergeant!" Vemric barked.
The adequately coloured droid's head swiveled around and when he noticed who was addressing him, he snapped up straight.
"Admiral Sir?" he mechanically squeaked.
"I had to kill a man back there for attacking this citizen here. Get rid of the body and keep your sensors alert for any other troublemakers." Vemric ordered.
"Roger Roger." the droid saluted before turning to the other droids. "You heard the Admiral. Get moving."
"Roger Roger."
"Roger Roger." all the droids affirmed after one another. Eventually they started marching in the direction of the dead assailant.
Vemric turned to Mila. "Problem solved. For now." he said, somewhat bored once more. "Do you want to get rid of that thing around your neck?" he then asked her in the same tone while staring down his nose at her. He realized, albeit quietly, how small she was in relation to his tall frame. Maja would most certainly tell him to not scare the girl, as if Vemric could make himself smaller or less imposing. He sighed inwardly. If Mila's answer was affirmative, he would then continue towards the Spaceport where BB-9 would be waiting with the Wraith.

She stood, silent and expecting a command of one kind or another. He was her rescuer, but she still had the habits of a slave, and was actively trying to make herself look smaller and non threatening. He had her old attire burned, which seemed a bit extreme to her but she didn’t question him. Then she followed him to the dock, where battle droids were waiting. And they addressed her savior as admiral, no wonder he didn’t fear the Hutts. He gave them orders which they followed, then asked if she wanted her neck freed.

She touched the collar with hope, she could get rid of it? Of course she wanted it off. “Yes sir, I would like it off please.” Her voice was, as it usually was, submissive and soft, almost afraid that if he were made angry she’d end up at square one. “If you’d be willing to, sir.”

Her mind raced, what would happen now? Would she be dropped off, imprisoned, conscripted? She hoped the last was what would happen, she needed work and had no idea how to go about getting it. Maybe he’d have her work for him, maybe as thanks for saving her.

Vemric Keldra

V
Mila meekly asked for the collar to be removed. He gave a curt nod.
"Very well. Follow me." he said before striding towards the Spaceport. "I'm Vemric, by the way. You don't have to address me as if I'm your master. I abhor slavery." he said curtly while they walked. He silently wondered what she would do with her life when the last thing that bound her to slavery fell away. As this thought ran through his head, he could almost hear Maja chuckling and telling him that he was a big softy. You would know, he thought.

They finally reached the hangar where his Wraith was kept. BB-9 warbled in annoyance at his owner's tardiness when he caught sight of Vemric.
"Hush, Bee. I got sidetracked." he answered aloofly. "Now, I need you to remove the restraint from the young lady's neck. Think you can drop your attitude and help her?"
Bee peered around Vemric's legs at Mila behind his owner. He then let out a squeak before he warbled at Vemric further in annoyance, waving his appendages as he did so.
"Enough! Either you do it or I dump you for scrap and get myself a droid that listens." Vemric snapped.
Bee beeped a swearword at Vemric but he rolled around towards Mila. When he stopped in front of her, he chirped at her and waved an appendage.
"He says hello and asks that you turn around and kneel down so that he can reach the collar." Vemric translated while he opened the small storage compartment on the Wraith to put in the small pump that was needed on the Requiem.

After some precision grinding, Bee was able to cut through the collar and it fell to the floor. He chirped at Mila turning towards Vemric, warbling some more.
"Do I look like I carry around a grinder? Do you really think I would have let her walk around with that thing if I had the tools to take it off?" Vemric snapped. "He says you are free, by the way." he added to Mila. He then looked back at his astromech. "Get in your socket and stay quiet until you are in a better mood." he ordered.
Bee grumbled, but complied. Vemric turned back to Mila.
"For all intents and purposes, you are free. But I do believe the Hutts will be sending people after you for some time still. You can either go your own way and try and evade them, or you can come with me where there will be an entire Confederate fleet between you and the Hutts. Choice is yours." he offered, sounding almost bored once more, but his intent was sincere.

Mila meekly asked for the collar to be removed. He gave a curt nod.
"Very well. Follow me." he said before striding towards the Spaceport. "I'm Vemric, by the way. You don't have to address me as if I'm your master. I abhor slavery." he said curtly while they walked. He silently wondered what she would do with her life when the last thing that bound her to slavery fell away. As this thought ran through his head, he could almost hear Maja chuckling and telling him that he was a big softy. You would know, he thought.

They finally reached the hangar where his Wraith was kept. BB-9 warbled in annoyance at his owner's tardiness when he caught sight of Vemric.
"Hush, Bee. I got sidetracked." he answered aloofly. "Now, I need you to remove the restraint from the young lady's neck. Think you can drop your attitude and help her?"
Bee peered around Vemric's legs at Mila behind his owner. He then let out a squeak before he warbled at Vemric further in annoyance, waving his appendages as he did so.
"Enough! Either you do it or I dump you for scrap and get myself a droid that listens." Vemric snapped.
Bee beeped a swearword at Vemric but he rolled around towards Mila. When he stopped in front of her, he chirped at her and waved an appendage.
"He says hello and asks that you turn around and kneel down so that he can reach the collar." Vemric translated while he opened the small storage compartment on the Wraith to put in the small pump that was needed on the Requiem.

After some precision grinding, Bee was able to cut through the collar and it fell to the floor. He chirped at Mila turning towards Vemric, warbling some more.
"Do I look like I carry around a grinder? Do you really think I would have let her walk around with that thing if I had the tools to take it off?" Vemric snapped. "He says you are free, by the way." he added to Mila. He then looked back at his astromech. "Get in your socket and stay quiet until you are in a better mood." he ordered.
Bee grumbled, but complied. Vemric turned back to Mila.
"For all intents and purposes, you are free. But I do believe the Hutts will be sending people after you for some time still. You can either go your own way and try and evade them, or you can come with me where there will be an entire Confederate fleet between you and the Hutts. Choice is yours." he offered, sounding almost bored once more, but his intent was sincere.

“Thank you sir, I mean Vemric.” She says slightly less nervously. It was unlikely that she would shake her nervousness completely for quite some time, and her timidity wasn’t going away anytime soon, possibly never. But she did her best to comply with him, not addressing him as though he owned her, and hearing his distaste for slavery made her breathe a quiet sigh of relief as she followed him to the spaceport. Where a small, new generation BB unit was waiting. It appeared that he had quite the attitude and the banter between him and Vemric was a little amusing if she were being honest.

Upon being commanded to kneel she did so as though it were second nature, which it was. BB-9 was able to cut through the lock, as that was safer to cut through than the actual steel band and easier to reach. Once the lock was cut she took the collar off, which gave her a strange thrill, the thrill of finally having freedom while knowing that she had crossed a line she could never uncross. She didn’t know if it felt good or not, but it definitely didn’t feel bad. She looked at the droid and said, “thank you, both of you.”

She considered his words, and she spoke up after a moment. “I think I should like to come with you. If there is any chance I might repay the kindness you’ve shown me today I will. Perhaps I might work for you in some way? I am in need of work and I must repay you somehow.”

Vemric Keldra

V
When Mila decided to come with him and said she wanted to repay his...kindness...Vemric lifted an eyebrow.
"Very well. Get into the backseat." he merely stated, motioning with his head toward the set behind the pilot's in the Wraith. Silently, he was glad that she decided to accept his protection. His conscience would have never let him rest if she had gone off on her own with a bounty on her head.
He would wait for Mila to clamber into the starfighter before would gracefully hop into the pilot seat and take off.

As they ascended into orbit, Vemric patched through some codes to let the Requiem know that they were on their way. He then angled his slightly toward Mila behind him while still looking forward.
"We are heading to my command ship, the Requiem. I have to spend some time on her while she remains in orbit before I can return home to Theed." he stated curtly. "We won't delay there too long. I have some political business on the surface that I will need to attend to in a day or two."
Before long, they were in orbit and were approaching the Requiem. Vemric punched through some more codes and then pressed a button to receive the transmission from the bridge.
"Admiral Keldra approaching to board. Open hangar doors." he ordered.
"Yes, Admiral. We are reading another life form with you?" the Lieutenant inquired.
Vemric gave a curt nod. "I brought a guest. Now do as you are told, Dex."
"Y-yes, Sir." he stammered.
Vemric ended the transmission as the hangar doors of the battle cruiser opened for them.

When they had landed, Vemric got out and took the pump from the storage and hailed an Ensign.
"Get this to the Engineers. They'll know what to do." he barked.
Then Ensign saluted before taking the pump and jogging to the reactor room. Vemric glanced back at Mila.
"You said you wanted work. What skills do you have?" he asked, a little less curtly than before.

When Mila decided to come with him and said she wanted to repay his...kindness...Vemric lifted an eyebrow.
"Very well. Get into the backseat." he merely stated, motioning with his head toward the set behind the pilot's in the Wraith. Silently, he was glad that she decided to accept his protection. His conscience would have never let him rest if she had gone off on her own with a bounty on her head.
He would wait for Mila to clamber into the starfighter before would gracefully hop into the pilot seat and take off.

As they ascended into orbit, Vemric patched through some codes to let the Requiem know that they were on their way. He then angled his slightly toward Mila behind him while still looking forward.
"We are heading to my command ship, the Requiem. I have to spend some time on her while she remains in orbit before I can return home to Theed." he stated curtly. "We won't delay there too long. I have some political business on the surface that I will need to attend to in a day or two."
Before long, they were in orbit and were approaching the Requiem. Vemric punched through some more codes and then pressed a button to receive the transmission from the bridge.
"Admiral Keldra approaching to board. Open hangar doors." he ordered.
"Yes, Admiral. We are reading another life form with you?" the Lieutenant inquired.
Vemric gave a curt nod. "I brought a guest. Now do as you are told, Dex."
"Y-yes, Sir." he stammered.
Vemric ended the transmission as the hangar doors of the battle cruiser opened for them.

When they had landed, Vemric got out and took the pump from the storage and hailed an Ensign.
"Get this to the Engineers. They'll know what to do." he barked.
Then Ensign saluted before taking the pump and jogging to the reactor room. Vemric glanced back at Mila.
"You said you wanted work. What skills do you have?" he asked, a little less curtly than before.

“Skills, none really noticeable. I had a basic education before I was taken, and I’ve always had an aptitude for applied sciences. So engineering is something I could potentially be useful for.” She says to him. “I can’t guarantee that I can hop right into it with perfection, but I can learn quickly.”

She really wasn’t used to the world, and the few years she spent under the Hutts did little to help her people skills, nor her educational advancement. But she was a fast learner and had always had an aptitude for science of many kinds. And she would definitely be as useful as possible, especially in return for the protection he was offering.

Vemric Keldra

V
When Mila explained that she could not guarantee that she would be able to hop in with perfection, Vemric stopped and turned around with a cocked eyebrow. Bee let out a warbled "uh-oh" as he rolled up behind them.
Vemric ifted his chin with a sniff while staring down his nose at her.
"That error would be righted soon enough. You will receive all the training and education required to get you on par with my standards both in this fleet and on the surface." he said aloofly. Everyone knew that Vemric did not dally in his quest for perfection. His fleet was always in top shape, as all his personnel knew that they had to perform at the very pinnacle of their abilities. They also knew that he rewarded this excellence well.

He crossed his hands behind his back and continued onward to the bridge of the Requiem. "If you are so inclined, I am willing to take you on as a Ward. You would be under my protection and my responsibility. You could come and go as you please, but I am still willing to provide you with the training and education you desire. In return, you would strive for nothing less than excellence." he offered as they walked. He may not be the most easiest of people to work with, but he still cared enough to help those in need. He somehow felt somewhat responsible for the young Twi'lek he had saved so unceremoniously. "The choice remains yours. Think about it." he said down his nose as they finally reached the bridge. Lieutenant Dex approached them with a salute.
"Admiral, Sir. I apologize..." he bagan, but Vemric waved it off.
"Just don't let it happen again."
"Yes, Sir."
"Now, when does crew change? You all look ready for some surface time."
"Within the hour, Sir."
"Good. I know it can get tedious when we are not at war."
"Not at all, Sir"
Vemric lifted an eyebrow. "You slipped up, Dex. Get some time off from the tedium of non-combat drills. I want fresh personnel aboard. Another drop like that won't be tolerated."
"Yes, Admiral Sir." Dex saluted and took his leave.
Vemric turned back to Mila. "I rotate my crews when we are not at war. There will always be some on the surface for some down time. Otherwise they get bored and when they get bored, they make mistakes. Mistakes are frowned upon in my book. Remember that." he told her, but not unkindly.

When Mila explained that she could not guarantee that she would be able to hop in with perfection, Vemric stopped and turned around with a cocked eyebrow. Bee let out a warbled "uh-oh" as he rolled up behind them.
Vemric ifted his chin with a sniff while staring down his nose at her.
"That error would be righted soon enough. You will receive all the training and education required to get you on par with my standards both in this fleet and on the surface." he said aloofly. Everyone knew that Vemric did not dally in his quest for perfection. His fleet was always in top shape, as all his personnel knew that they had to perform at the very pinnacle of their abilities. They also knew that he rewarded this excellence well.

He crossed his hands behind his back and continued onward to the bridge of the Requiem. "If you are so inclined, I am willing to take you on as a Ward. You would be under my protection and my responsibility. You could come and go as you please, but I am still willing to provide you with the training and education you desire. In return, you would strive for nothing less than excellence." he offered as they walked. He may not be the most easiest of people to work with, but he still cared enough to help those in need. He somehow felt somewhat responsible for the young Twi'lek he had saved so unceremoniously. "The choice remains yours. Think about it." he said down his nose as they finally reached the bridge. Lieutenant Dex approached them with a salute.
"Admiral, Sir. I apologize..." he bagan, but Vemric waved it off.
"Just don't let it happen again."
"Yes, Sir."
"Now, when does crew change? You all look ready for some surface time."
"Within the hour, Sir."
"Good. I know it can get tedious when we are not at war."
"Not at all, Sir"
Vemric lifted an eyebrow. "You slipped up, Dex. Get some time off from the tedium of non-combat drills. I want fresh personnel aboard. Another drop like that won't be tolerated."
"Yes, Admiral Sir." Dex saluted and took his leave.
Vemric turned back to Mila. "I rotate my crews when we are not at war. There will always be some on the surface for some down time. Otherwise they get bored and when they get bored, they make mistakes. Mistakes are frowned upon in my book. Remember that." he told her, but not unkindly.

An Education? He’d be willing to give me an education? And all I have to do is give all of my effort and ability. That is definitely something I’ll give.

“You’d give me an education, and I will give you everything that I can offer. I’ll strive for perfection, always.” She says sincerely. “Thank you, thank you very much. I would be privileged to be a Ward.”

She followed him closely, until directed otherwise. She paid attention to where things were and what he said about what. The explanation was going to prove useful, and she was going to get her brain up to speed, or more preferably, speeding ahead.

(Should we do a time skip to the end of her education or keep going from here?)

Vemric Keldra

V
When Mila agreed vehemently to his being her guardian, the corners of Vemric's mouth twitched ever so slightly before returning to his ever present lofty expression. Bee, of course, chirped loudly while rolling around, waving his appendages in celebration.
"Very well. For now, pay close attention. You would be wise to learn from my personnel." he said down his nose as he moved across the bridge.

It did seem that the young girl was interested in learning what he had to offer. It would seem that he would really have to pass on his upbringing to his new protégé. It would be a relief to find an outlet for some of his finances. Relief work alone was not enough expenditure. For now, he went around the panels and, while inspecting his personnel's work, he explained to Mila the function of everything. He was inwardly glad that she paid as close attention as he told her.

After a while, one of his new Ensigns approached with a salute and told him that his commanders were ready for briefing in the War Room. Vemric gave a curt nod before turning to Mila.
"It will be a tactical briefing. You can come along to listen, but you stay still and keep quiet. These briefings are confidential." he told her before walking toward the War Room.
Inside, his commanders informed him that three more systems have joined the Confederate fold.
"That means more space to cover for other sectors. It's going to put a strain on the Navy at large for a while until more cadets have been trained up and more droids manufactured. I want more precision scanning on patrols and more patrols from this fleet spaced out evenly throughout the sector. Hyperlanes should be monitored around the clock. I don't want a droid floating past without me knowing about it. Is that clear?"
"Yes, Admiral." they replied almost in unison.

More tactical precision was discussed for a while at length until the briefing was adjourned. Vemric turned to Mila.
"I have some politics to attend to in Theed. Time to show you where home is. Mrs. Rhass, my housekeeper, will definitely faff over you." he told her curtly. "Thank goodness, because then she can leave me in peace for a change. Come on. I have a personal shuttle that I use for trips to and from Theed." he continued.
It was not long before the J-Type Nubian Shuttle took off, taking them to Theed and the Lavish Keldra estate where Mrs. Laev Rhass would be anxiously awaiting their arrival.

//End Thread//

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom