Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Needed Chat

It had been months since Gray had escaped from an even longer time being tortured. He was not in a stable place for much of that but it had forced him to reflect on his life. His failures were something he could not escape from and by now didn't want to. He had lost his eyes because of it and now was blind to the galaxy like he use to be blind to the truth of things. He had shut himself away and was living a near hermit life. He had few visitors in that time so there was nothing to distract from his inner journey into his soul. But that seemed to have been shattered when [member="Baiko no Kaho"] came to him for help. Now he had to face his truths no matter if he wanted to or not.

It was for that reason that Gray had sent a message to [member="Stardust Raxis"] asking her to meet him at her palace. They needed to talk and he said as much in it as well. Something had been bothering him for some time now but he never could face it fully. Now was the time to or else he might never. He came dressed in the clan armor as he always did with the Whisper's hilt on his right hip. This was not going to be pleasant. He dreaded what he knew he had to do. Despite all of that though, he couldn't allow himself to stop as he walked to meet up with his wife.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Her life had been busy with her planet and such, but yet she always made sure to go home and spend time with her son she she didn't want him to have a life without a parent...now she sat in a council meeting as she looked over a data pad seeing the different laws or taking away a few laws here and there stuff she needed to look at before it was approved...luckily none of her council members were power hungry if so they hid it well

A personal message cane to her from [member="Gray Raxis"], glancing it over and closed it and stood up dismissing herself for more pressing matters. Allowing herself a minute to change from business to casual she came out and spotted gray but...she had a bad feeling...she approached and lightly smiled

how's things been on mandalore? Hopefully not to tense

It didn't take Gray too long to find [member="Stardust Raxis"] at the palace. Seemed she was told he had arrived and so was ready for him. This was going to be difficult. This was probably going to be one of the hardest things he had ever done. As he approached he heard her speak. Seemed she wanted to know what was going on with Mandalore. He certainly wasn't the most informed person on Mandalorian matters, but he had been making his presence known there as of late. A dangerous move considering things. He was not known for caring about that sort of thing though when he had something to do. Ask anyone who knew him.

With a bit of a weak smile, Gray said, " Getting better. I asked Yasha to be my daughter and she said yes. I might be able to improve conditions for force users on Mandalore because of it. That isn't the reason why I asked her though. She just needs someone there for her right now while she is looking to take the title of Mand'alor and dealing with being a newly wed." It was why the Manda had sent Baiko to him that day. He needed to meet her and teach her the Mandalorian ways. She didn't need to learn it from a mentor or teacher though but from a father and so he became that for her without hesitation. He let out a soft sigh. " But that is not why I am here. We need to talk Star about something important. Is there somewhere private we can go to do that?"

[member="Gray Raxis"]

She chuckled, seems gray had been busy on mamdalore...she knew him always to be so brave and daring good Lord she couldn't count the amount of times the man scared the living force from her body. However his next words made her freeze a bit...she looked to him the smile fading as she nodded waving him to follow her allowing her force signature to stick out

She led him to her own office she had within the palace, she opened the door and allowed him in before closing the door...she didn't like this...then again maybe it was something just for her ears....

alright what's up gray?

She said as she had a serious look on her face but couldn't shake this bad feeling she had

Gray followed Star into her office. She had opened up the door for him and wanted him to go in first. He did. He looked at the furniture for a bit not knowing if he wanted to stand or sit for this. Would it matter? Yes of course. If he sat he could be more relaxed when he said what he needed to say. But if he stood then he was free to exit when he wanted or needed to. A chair would be a trap but standing would look more aggressive or hostile. Why was this choice so hard? A soft sigh then he sat down. Better to be trapped he guessed.

After [member="Stardust Raxis"] spoke to him, Gray just sat quietly. He needed courage, all of it. This shouldn't be so difficult yet it was. The mix of emotions was complex and confusing and frustrating...but so was the issue at hand. He was stalling. He needed to stop. Only the act of speaking would stop this spiral of guilt and pity and everything. He moved his head to face her and said, " Star... we need to divorce." And there it was. It was finally out in the open and no longer a secret gnawing away at his mind, heart, and soul.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Five words...five words and she blinked and chuckled a bit. She didn't hear him say that did she? She shook her head a bit and laughed as if he just said a joke to her and looked him in the eyes as she froze and frowned as her heart started sinking like a battlecruiser on a downward spiral towards a planet

gray. Gray why? In not sure I understand at all gray why do you want a divorce? Just...Just please tell me!

So many emotions ran through her mind it was overwhelming she had to sit down and looked at him beyond stunned as she just shook her head and covered her mouth with her hand

Star didn't seem to believe Gray at first. But it sank in it after a bit. He had remained quiet during all of it so she could deal with it on her own. She wanted to know why, but he knew deep down she knew why. It was not something pleasant to think about or to explore but it was something he knew now they both had to have known for a long time. It had just taken torture, blindness, and isolation for him to finally be pushed into addressing it. He didn't want her to go through the same even though she had already gone through some issues.

" Star we aren't in love. We are for each other but we aren't in love. Our marriage was just for show. It just made us feel better but we never did live the married life. Not in the Mandalorian way. We have grown apart also and we aren't good for each other. You have things you need to do for your people here and I have things to do for the clan and Mandalore. We need to divorce so that we can move on. We are just weighing each other down." Gray said to her. It was not said in anger. It was matter of fact.

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

[member="Gray Raxis"]

She couldn't believe this! Not in love with him?! She bloody saved him and brought him back to get better she worried day in day out about him and wondered even if he died...she was beyond, well she couldn't even tell! Angry? Upset? It just mixed into one big ball she choked down

we aren't in Love? We aren't in love?! Oh yeah I guess following your signal and rescuing meant I didn't love you! Gray for force sakes I worried about you every bloody day! Wondering how I'd explain to our child what happened to his father without knowing myself!

She was getting more and more upset, she reigned herself in and sighed out as she looked to him and then spoke after a minute

maybe we did grow apart but I've been wanting to fix that gap, but you haven't been around to do so...gray...its hurt me so much being away and hearing this? If we are weighing one another down you just dropped a shuttle on me then

A few years spilled over as she wipes them away quickly and shook

is this good bye gray? Is this the last time...please...please just...is this the last time I'll ever see the man...that pulled me from the hell hole I was about to go under...who saved me from exile?

Her lip shook as she looked down more tears falling down as she wiped them again and looked back at him shaking even more now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom