Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Naked Wolf

sLEgeWG.png

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

The sun shined down upon red, brindled hair while golden green eyes stared out of the window from her perch in a hallway. One of many hallways that sometimes left her disoriented at times. Many times she had enjoyed the sun’s warmth since her escape, as for many years she hadn’t felt its touch; had only known the darkness that dwelled in dark corridors and rooms dimly lit with bad lighting. However, although she had gotten used to finally walking in a human form, it felt odd. It didn’t feel like her true skin and everyone, even medical staff had started throwing her a paper outfit when they managed to drag her there. Indeed, she stood stark naked, comfortable with it, as she didn’t need clothes as a wolf, why did she need clothes now? No one made a fuss when she was a wolf. However, from time to time, she noted the stares, felt them even and it took a lot of effort on Redd’s part to not take it as a challenge. Thin silvery scars were scattered all over her body, barely noticeable since she herself was almost white in colour due to lack of sun. However, the most notable scar was the savage bite mark that encased her left ankle.

That mark originated from when she was a pup. Training was what they had called it, but she never forgot the Rottweiler that almost took her foot off at such a young age. It was then when she quickly began to learn dog fighting and what was expected of her, even in her time of mourning. Something that she never got to truly do. Now she was shoved into another situation filled with even more scents, sounds and sights to behold. Often she found that her head ached due to it and she pressed a hand to her head. Sometimes she thought that she saw her Lupine family calling to her, guiding her one way when the woman was being shoved another way by some medical staff. Once she almost bit one of those medical staff just for shoving her and they had started to give her a wide berth when possible. Fingers rubbed at her temple while golden green hues took in the streets below.

The whole place was filled with steel, stone and other things that did not make sense to her. People carried light sticks and killing wasn’t permitted. Or so she had found out. People used flying machines to go to other places and they talked about things that made no sense. They even said that you couldn’t trade but buy with money? What was money? Not to mention the odd tasting food that they kept feeding her. Where was a good piece of steak? She’d settle for antelope or even a rabbit at this stage.

The wolf heard, more than saw heavy footsteps of someone wearing odd things upon their feet that apparently fell into the category of clothing. The footsteps hesitated and she turned her head to look at the person whose brown eyes stared at her naked form in complete shock. Redd’s hand fell away from her temple as her nose scrunched up at the smell of his excitement. Human males, she noted, were extremely excitable and she curled her top lip upwards to bare her teeth as a growl rumbled from the pale woman.

This was all it took to send him packing and she leaned against the window sill once more, returning her gaze back to the outside. Humans lived in a dead world, devoid of nature and she sighed. The woman could almost remember her mother’s voice explaining the different animal prints in the ground; teaching her about all of the animals that could lurk within a forested area. Here, even Redd struggled to imagine the kind of animals that would live here. Occasionally she did see birds, but where would they nest? Barely a tree could be sighted and the smells… It made her cringe on the inside. How could they not smell this? Were the humans that dense that they didn’t realize that this was some kind of living hell? Where did they run and stretch their legs? Where did they hunt? Did they even hunt? The food was barely passable, even for a wolf who had lived in a cage and don’t even get her started on the flavours of the food. Someone even had some kind of leaf on her plate. It was insulting.

What wouldn't she give to go hunting and kill a big fat antelope. The very thought had her drooling.

Ds3cKt3.png

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

kPx9w5C.png

C O M P A S S I O N A T E

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Redd Redd

It was always sunny in Goblah City, the capital city of the Confederacy. For as much as Gerwald hated the modernization, and the urban feel of the ever growing metropolis, there were benefits to being located so close to the heart of the nation. At least the citadel contained gardens and other places for the wild wolf to run free when the need arose. His visit today was not for that purpose. Gerwald traversed the streets of the city from his flat to the dormitories the citadel provided for the sole purpose of checking in one squire in particular.

Redd was another lupine, a lone survivor. As such her nature was wild and her adaptation into civilization was rough, in kind terms. Gerwald had opted to see to her transition and training in person, more than certain he would be the only one among the Knights Obsidian to relate to her in any form. She needed a guide, she needed a pack, but most of all, she needed another wolf, a lupine.

Eyes looked up toward her window. She was standing naked in full view of the city, again. He sighed, though echoed her growl when he caught a passerby gawking at the naked form in the window.

“Move long,” he almost barked as he made his way to the entrance.

The remaining steps to her room were well traveled and committed to Gerwald’s memory. He could likely take them in his sleep, or with a blindfold, without fear of injury. Her door was also open, as he suspected it would be. The red haired lupine seemed to hate the feeling of confinement closed doors gave her. Privacy meant nothing to her, nor did most boundaries those who were not of the woods adopted. For this reason Gerwald simply walked into her room.

“How many times have I told you, keep your clothes on,” Gerwald asked with a sigh as he tossed her a simple gown to cover her body. “I get it, I am as comfortable in my own skin as you are, but not everyone is as free as you and I may feel. Clothing is the current price of belonging to a new pack. I should hear back from the medical team soon, and once they have cleared you, we can see to accommodations that will allow you more freedom. Until then… clothes.”

Ger-Temp.png

sLEgeWG.png

Redd had smelled Gerwald before he had even walked into her door. Had heard his footsteps in the hallway, footsteps that she could recognise anywhere as it had become one of the only footsteps that she actually welcomed in such a long time. Slowly she turned to face the door as Gerwald entered and began to talk about clothing. The wolf couldn’t help but roll her eyes as she caught the gown that had been tossed and slowly began to pull the damn thing on. ”This new pack is restricting. You cannot kill, you cannot go for a run. You have to wear restricting clothes and the food is disgusting. The meat tastes funny and they feed me leaves with vegetables.” Her nose scrunched up at the thought of food and she couldn’t help but wonder as to how she even managed to put weight back on. She wasn’t at full weight, but it was coming along slowly.

The wolf glanced back to the window as she didn’t even start about the sleeping arrangements. She couldn’t sleep on the bed, instead she had been taking up sleeping in wolf form in the corner of her room. Every time someone walked passed her room, golden eyes would watch them pass by before settling back into light sleep. She also didn’t mention the fact that she had scared the medical team more than once by being in wolf form when they walked in. In fact, the reason why she was naked upon this occasion was she figured that the medical team might stop by, so she had shifted back into human form. Her hand rose to massage her temples once again. Her head was just pounding, although she chalked it up to all of the new stimuli that plagued her.

”I just don’t understand humans and I don’t know how you stand being in places like this. It’s like a plague of…” The lupine paused as she dropped her hand and looked back to the only other person who could even possibly understand anything she was going through right now. ”I just cannot find the words to describe it.” She sighed in frustration as she began to pace the room, not to mention that she was growing bored with just sitting in her room doing absolutely nothing. It was starting to get to the point where scaring the force out of the medical team was her daily entertainment. ”I’m bored Gerwald, I have nothing to do. At least when I was in slavery I still had my daily fights to look forward to. My daily exercise to keep me distracted from being around all of this… noise.

A growl rumbled from within the wolf, before she gripped her head with both hands. ”I swear all of these scents, sounds and sights are making my head hurt.” Redd gritted her teeth before she finally looked up at the only constant; apart from the medical team that visited her. ”I honestly don’t know how I will fit in with this society if I cannot kill anyone or do anything productive or akin to my old pack life. Humans think they are allowed to boss me around and my hands are tied by human laws. I cannot show them what I’m capable of, by putting them back into their place. I’m a wolf, that has to play tamed puppy to these stinking, wretched beings.” Fingers gripped red hair almost as if she wanted to rip it out by the roots. A whole minute passed before she sighed and let go of her head, ”Recovery sucks. Surely doing nothing is not what these humans do when they get injured. If so, that’s dumb and lazy.”
Ds3cKt3.png

Last edited:
kPx9w5C.png

”It is better than being alone,” Gerwald said with a tone of voice which would tell the young wolf that he knew something about the subject. “I cannot ever expect you to like it. You were not raised around people like I was. I had the opposite problem you know… adjusting to the wolf. Until I changed for the first time, my humanity was all I knew. Still, the wolf comes more natural to me now.”

Gerwald watched as the woman put the loose piece of clothing over her naked frame. He could understand how something so simple could seem restricting when one was used to nothing at all. However, Gerwald was not asking her to wear armor, not yet. If a sheer gown was deemed restricting, they had a long way to go.

He could see the restlessness as much as he could hear it in her voice. Gerwald drew a long breath into his nostrils and let out slowly. He was quiet, pensive, as he moved closer to the other lupine, and looked out the window. It was a nice day, she needed to be free, she needed a run, anything to get rid of the restlessness she was feeling.

“Damn Protocol,” Gerwald finally said as he turned on his heels and started walking out the open door. He paused looking over his shoulder. “You coming,” he asked.

Gerwald waited for the inevitable answer, and the sound of bare feet padding on the floor behind him. He was tall, his stride longer, so he knew the woman would have to work in order to match his pace. There was one place in the citadel they could go, one place that would hopefully make her feel more at home for the moment. Training her, helping her to acclimate to life in the Confederacy, was going to be different, and take patience, but Gerwald certain he had it.

The gardens were massive, one of the few bits of green and forest on a world that was mostly red rock and desert sand. There were many among the Knights Obsidian who had come to Geonosis from worlds that were lush and green. This was a sanctuary for them, and one of great importance to Gerwald when he was stuck on the planet for more than a few days. After all, a lupine went insane when they could not shift and let the wolf free. While Gerwald did not care about shifting in front of humans anymore, a family rule he had long since broken, he still liked a place where could be a wolf and feel as though he were still in the forest or on a hunt.

“This is where I come sometimes. It is not the same I know, but it is better than a cold floor or a damp corner.”

Eyes looked at her with a bit of curiosity. Was she going to shift? Gerwald was more than certain she would.​

Ger-Temp.png

sLEgeWG.png

Tag: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Redd had been briefly taken by surprise when the larger man turned and began to walk out of the door, followed by a question as to whether she was coming. Quietly, she itched at where the fabric met her skin on her left arm before hesitantly following the other lupine out the door. Excitement fueled every step that she had to work at in order to keep up with Gerwald, but the woman didn’t mind so much. Finally she was going somewhere that wasn’t a medical room. At least she hoped it wasn’t and when they finally arrived at their destination, her breath suddenly escaped her lungs. A forest! In the middle of a human city? She took a hesitant step forward and felt the soft blades of vibrant green grass between her toes. Golden green eyes couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Could it be real? She almost missed the fact that Gerwald had said something about it not being the same but she made sure to nod in response as she couldn’t even find her voice to utter a single word.

The last time she had seen something this green, was of her home lands when she had a pack. A mother and a father. Slowly she lifted a hand almost as if to reach out to the ghosts that plagued her on a consistent basis, could almost hear them calling to her through the rustling of the leaves. ”A forest here?” She whispered before she turned to the male, suddenly leaping forwards to wrap her arms around him in a hug; should he have allowed it that was. Then, after pulling away, she began to get rid of the flimsy gown and felt the ripple of the shift flow through her body. Her shift wasn’t as flawless as some her age might have been, wasn’t as quick and it was mostly due to being stuck in wolf form for as long as she had been. However, it wasn’t like when she was a pup. So she had averaged it to be a couple of minutes.

Finally, after two minutes had passed, the wolf stood on four paws and she nose dived straight into the grass. Red fur rubbed against the ground as she felt the blades run through her coat. Finally, she rolled onto her back and it was glorious as she kicked her legs up into the air. Oh to feel grass again was a secret pleasure that she had entertained in many a dim room. To feel the sun and to hear the birds call once more, was as if the universe had heard her pleas. It wasn’t a hard floor, or a swampy environment. Instead it was grass and trees. There were birds flying overhead and she could hear their calls as they sang and conversed with one another. Redd rolled onto her belly once again as she sniffed the very air and scented the different scents lurking within.

Gerwald, she could smell him behind her, she could smell the humans that were still walking their dead streets. Smell the pollution of their machines. However, she could smell the earthy scents of the grass and dirt that she had just rolled in; the birds that flitted in and out of the trees and even the scents of other small woodland creatures that inhabited the little slice of paradise that had been hidden away. Golden eyes closed as she drew in a deep breath. This. This was Redd right down to her very core; a wolf, a hunter and she had been denied this kind of freedom for so long. Had always wondered what it would feel like to be free like this again and here she was, rolling around in it. Except this time it was different and a sadness fell over her, snuffing out the original excitement.

This time, there was no mother or father. No pack members. It was at this moment, that she had remembered that she hadn’t gotten a true moment to mourn their losses. As each life that had been lost, were so precious to the pack. Each life could have born another lupine and yet it was a tragedy that it could not be so. Redd felt it, felt the losses hit her like a tonne of bricks and she slowly rose to a sitting position. Her nose dipped before lifting it skywards, as a mournful howl pierced the busy sky. Had it been just a single life lost, more voices would have joined her, but instead she felt their ghosts join her in their own quiet mournful howls. Singing the song of loss.
Ds3cKt3.png

kPx9w5C.png

Gerwald did not need to see the look on Redd’s face to know how excited she was to see the green and feel the grass between her toes. The silence was enough. She also exuded excitement through the force. Gerwald was becoming quite adept at discerning what people were feeling through the force. Her hug was a dead giveaway as well, and it did not take long before the woman had cast the loose gown aside and was once again a wolf.

For a couple moments Gerwald was concerned about how long it was taking Redd to shift. At her apparent age, she should have been shifting faster. She had to have been in pain the entire time as shifting was not the most comfortable thing. One got used to it, but bones and limbs changing and contorting was never something that just happened without some effort. Regardless she seemed happy, so Gerwald didn’t mind too much.

With a chuckle, Gerwald pulled his shirt off, and started his own shift. It was not too difficult to slide out of his pants once the gray wolf was in full view. He could not recall how long it had been since Gerwald ran as a wolf, with another lupine. Redd was not the only one missing a pack. While Gerwald still had his siblings, he was still very alone. The CIS had become a pack of his in its own way.

Paws hit grass and the wolf felt a sense of release. If he could smile, Gerwald’s snout would have formed a full grin. His paws jutted out in front of him. The wolf wanted to play. Redd looked sad, but there was something Gerwald could do about it. She needed to know that while she had been alone, she no longer was. With a small nip and bark, Gerwald ran off hoping she would chase him.​

Ger-Temp.png

sLEgeWG.png

Ghosts, well these particular ghosts had haunted her ever since she had seen her parent’s cold dead bodies. Often she had wondered if it was a sign of her fate being sealed in blood, signed away to cages and chains. Many times she had found solace in the simple act of burying her teeth into the neck of her opponent and simply ripping their throats out. Just to show the humans that she wasn’t just a wolf, but one that would gladly rip their throats out if given half the chance. It stopped her from going mad and on those long cold nights where she shivered herself to sleep, it was the dreams of running free once more and with a pack that comforted the lone whimpers at night. Those ghosts hadn’t visited her very often since light sleep occupied her here in this new city, but just for a moment they were there until a grey wolf nipped and barked at her; essentially chasing away the ghosts.

Her head cantered to the side as she briefly pondered about what he was doing. Were the ghosts leaving another sign? One that Gerwald was supposed to be her new pack? It was then that she felt it, the light heartedness of the situation at hand. Nature. She was surrounded by nature and there bounding off, covered in grey fur was another wolf, another lupine and instead of feeling the anger or sadness that had plagued her since being ripped from her home. She felt… Playful. A feeling that she thought that she had never thought that she would feel again.

Ears perked up and she felt the energy pull her forwards till she was running through the grass, paws thudding against the ground as she sprinted towards the grey wolf. She had almost forgotten about how much fun running was; almost forgot about how the wind pulled and tugged at her coat and the way that the muscles of her legs bunched up, only to power her on forwards still. However, play had almost been forgotten about completely, a mere memory and she had to remind herself of Gerwald’s scent. She had to commit it to memory as pack and not her prey. Although she couldn’t believe that she was running this freely again, she couldn’t believe that she was running with another wolf and not one of ghosts past.

Her strides elongated and she pumped more energy into each paw to power her forwards at a faster rate to catch up to the male in front. Upon doing so, her pace slowed to match his, but she didn’t pull ahead. In fact she nipped the air by his flank as she reveled in the closeness of the very moment that they were in. To run with another wolf had only been a dream until today and she couldn’t help the feelings of excitement as they returned in full force. However, as they ran, mischief began to colour her golden hues and she elongated her legs once more to bring her form running right beside Gerwald. That was until she pounced on him. She couldn’t help it, the playful nature of the entire thing, had a crazy idea to settle into her mind that pouncing was a great idea. Even at this speed and she did it with such a force that it sent them both careening off course.

Redd recovered quickly enough as she bounded back onto her paws, only to dig them back into the earth to pounce upon her male companion once more, but this time with a nip to the ear.
Ds3cKt3.png

markus-brackelmann-crashed-ship-final-small_3.png
E X C I T E D

Gerwald could feel his muscles stretch and contract as he ran, the power of his stride carrying him through the gardens. The feeling of dirt between his paws was something he had denied himself for too long. Some would argue he was more human the wolf these days, not that there was really any difference. It was odd being the only Lupine in the Confederacy. Even though he could shift, it was not the same as when other wolves were there. Gerwald had certainly missed this, and his tail gave away how excited he actually was to have another of his own kind.

She needed his guidance, and Gerwald needed her to help him remember the violent nature which resided deep within. It was not something Gerwald had lost touch with, there were plenty who knew he spent his entire recovery after his encounter with Darth Prazutis as a wolf. The healing properties of the lupine worked much quicker in wolf form. Gerwald did not want to heal at the rate of a normal human. The wolf had become more civilized, and Redd simply reminded him of what life was like away from what he had grown accustomed to.

At first she nipped at his hind legs, spurring him to run faster. No sooner had he picked up the pace than the red wolf matched it. She was smaller than him, a bit more agile as well. Pouncing him the way she did could not have been an easy maneuver, though Gerwald had also not spent time being forced into the fights she had been.

The pair tumbled with the momentum, leaving Redd with the advantage again. Once more she pounced nipping at his ear. Gerwald countered by tucking his hind legs to kick her off, then following up with a pounce of his own. He did not know how long they could keep up the play or the chase, but this was much needed therapy, for both of them. Naedira had wanted Gerwald to simply be who he was. Alkor had told Gerwald he needed to find himself. He had always known his dual nature, even embraced, or so he thought. Perhaps he had let old habits take over once more.

There was only thing Gerwald knew in the moment. For the first time since he was left for dead, the wolf was not a crutch. The wolf was free.​

Ger-Temp.png

sLEgeWG.png

After many times in the fighting ring and many times honing her techniques and movements in wolf form, it felt natural to her. She never had to think about the angle of a pounce or the energy it would take in order to be able to do so. She never had to think about which way to dodge or which paw to kick off upon recovery. The wolf never even had to think about her next strategy or how to disarm or dismember her opponent. No. For her it was all natural, a movement that required no brain power and it had taken years to hone this very skill. Years of being stuck inside the form of a wolf, or for some she was just merely a beast, but she had never bought that title. Never laid claim to being a beast, or as some would call her, a monster. No, she had always known herself to be a wolf and it was difficult for her to adjust to her two sides and not live within the one.

Her teeth found his ear in a gentle nip, but she felt his hind legs push up at her stomach to kick her off, but recovery was almost instant. She rolled onto her paws as he pounced and she darted off to his left before taking off into another run. Muscles tensed up to give her the burst of power that she needed in order to attempt to outrun the other wolf, although she wasn’t delusional enough to think that she actually out run the grey wolf. No, she was smaller, but she still wasn’t one hundred percent up to par when it came to health wise. She had to “rest” and therefore she couldn’t exercise like Gerwald could, however, this run was all the more entertaining for her. Exciting even as she couldn’t believe that she was out and about upon this sunny day.

With each breath she drew into her lungs, she exhaled as her paws thudded upon the earthy greens underneath them. Her tail wagged with such enthusiasm that one might have thought that her tail had been broken and was just stuck on constant repeat. Whatever ghosts or unseen forces that had gotten her there; it was a miracle that she would never soon forget, as she had originally resigned herself to never seeing the outside world again. Then when she had gotten free, Gerwald was one of the first things that she had gotten to see and often she had wondered where his pack of lupines were, but hadn’t remembered to ask. Her steps came to a sudden stop as she caught the faint smell of something warm blooded and covered in fur. Completely forgetting that she was trying to out run Gerwald, her focus shifted.

Her nose lifted to scent the air before she began to follow the scent, which began to get stronger by the moment. A pause had her in mid stride as she glanced down to spy some bent blades of grass and a clear print squashed in amongst them. Quietly she listened intently for her prey; listened for any sign that would give it away. A rustle of bushes, a purr or even a hum. Slowly she began to move forwards again, but her steps were much lighter and far more precise to make sure not to make any sounds of her own. Golden eyes kept sweeping the area for any more signs as she followed the scent until she froze and her ears flickered forwards. She heard it, a rustle and she lowered her nose to look underneath the undergrowth of a bush. There is was, a fat, juicy rabbit. Her tongue swiped as her nose as she thought about how much she would most certainly enjoy killing the little beast and devouring it. She could almost taste it!

Slowly, she lowered her body and prepared to launch forward to snap up the little beast. All it had to do was take a couple of hops forwards for optimal distance.
Ds3cKt3.png

kPx9w5C.png
I N Q U I S I T I V E

She pounced. He pounced. The game went back and forth for a time as the pair of wolves gave into the most basic part of what it meant to be an animal. Yes, Gerwald was still himself, cognizant of the choices he was making. The only thing which separated him from an actual wolf was his mind still functioned, reasoned, and could make choices as if he were still human. There were times when instinct did win out, but more times than not even then it was a choice to give into it. The gods knew Gerwald had made mistakes as a human, giving into baser instincts and carnal desires. Perhaps his life would have been different had he learned to ignore those passions sooner.

If the wolf could smirk, it did so when Redd found her prize. Gerwald had put rabbits in the gardens for occasions such as this. Whether it was a way to get a chuckle every time he remembered the war games against BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo , or because he wanted to hunt, Gerwald sometimes wondered. One of the droids still remembered what had happened, and on occasion the wolf received murder threats, ones he believed to be credible.

Part of the wolf wanted to beat the other to the kill, but Gerwald held back. As Redd finished her hunt, Gerwald walked back to his clothes, shifted and put his pants back on. There was a spot where he could build a nice fire, a man made pit for such occasions that anyone wanted to camp inside. Perhaps knowing all of this would help Redd become more acclimated to her surroundings. Gerwald simply did not know her past, or even understand the struggle of being used to life as a wolf more than life as a human. He did know how to help her transition though.

Upon his return he expected to find the wolf already devouring the rabbit. The lupine was certain the other was not used to cooked meals either, but he would have to show Redd how tasty something cooked over a fire could be. It was rare Gerwald cooked anything beyond a medium rare, but when he cooked meats that called for it, he loved to use a fire. There was something the smoke which flavored the meat in a way that made his mouth water with every bite.

“This more like home,” he asked as he sat on the grass reaching his hand out toward the wolf. He was safe, after all, he still smelled the same whether wolf or human.​

Ger-Temp.png

sLEgeWG.png

One… Two. Her hind legs dug into the ground as her form propelled towards her intended prey. Teeth sank into fur, skin and flesh with blood coating her tongue. It was a coppery taste that she had missed. Call it blood thirsty, call it murder, call it whatever, but for Redd it was simply natural. A hunter killing its prey as she shook her own head to break its neck with a sharp crack. A little body that was usually so full of life, died instantly within seconds of her teeth finding their mark. Slowly she rose and looked up with her kill still clasped in between her jaws, only to find that Gerwald must have taken off somewhere. Golden eyes appraised the situation and the area that she was in. Upon finding that there wasn’t any danger currently present, she padded off to lay down under a shady tree and her jaws let go of her prey so then it fell upon her front paws.

Her paws shifted so then it looked like she was holding her kill in between them and she began to make quick work of her kill. Teeth moved to rip at the coat, to peel it back from the flesh so then she could begin devouring the meat from the bones. Rabbits didn’t really have a great deal of meat on their bones, but it didn’t matter to the hungry wolf. Every little bit was devoured with gusto, for her palette had really missed just eating raw meat, or meat that wasn’t chopped up into tiny squares. In fact, she would have almost missed a clothed Gerwald’s return if it hadn’t been for the fact that his boots neared closer upon the ground. Golden eyes lifted for a brief moment before returning to the half eaten rabbit.

Teeth gnawed upon a bone where there was almost little to no meat left, but still tried to pick every last morsel off, that was until Gerwald spoke and asked about it almost being like home. Her movements came to a complete stop and she lifted her head to look to Gerwald and saw the hand that stretched out towards her. She hesitated for a brief moment and licked her bloodied jaws before she stretched her head out slowly so then she could rub her head against his hand. The feeling was… Strange to say the least. She wasn’t used to a human hand not raised against her with harmful intention. In fact it was so odd to feel a hand run through her fur like this and although he was familiar it didn’t make it any less strange.

Redd rose up onto all four paws, the leftovers of her rabbit completely forgotten about as she licked her jaws once more and she moved closer towards the male if only for a brief moment before she padded away to collect the light gown. Upon finding it, she picked it up within her jaws and padded back to the male once more where she proceeded to undergo the shift to her human form. Pain wasn’t a concept to the wolf and although uncomfortable, it was what it was. Upon finally finishing her shift, she leaned down to pick up the gown and slide it over her pale form. ”Not quite, but it has been a long time since I have been able to run like this for some time. I’m used to just… Killing. She admitted to Gerwald as she tied the gown to secure it around her body. In all honesty Gerwald, I’m struggling with finding a reason as to why I’m here. In my last pack we all had a purpose and I failed mine, I have to carry that shame with me for the rest of my life.”
Ds3cKt3.png

kPx9w5C.png
D E T E R M I N E D

Tag:

A smile was offered at the red wolf’s hesitation. Gerwald knew enough about her past that he understood why she would flinch at his hand moving toward her. That did not change the fact it was important for the wolf to know that human touch could be as kind as it was hurtful. She was growing on him, and his concern was that she felt like she could belong. Gerwald had remembered what it felt like to be lost. Learning that he was force sensitive and not one of four remaining Lupines in the galaxy had been hard on him. Walking out on his pack had been hard, but right, even if they did not like his actions. Who else would have forged a new path for their family?

His hand eased as Redd went to retrieve her gown, and bright eyes looked up at her as she returned. Gerwald motioned for her to join him by the fire he had made for them, a way to relax after their run. Her words stole his thoughts right from his mind. They needed to talk about her place, but more importantly about Redd giving the Confederacy a chance. She needed to give Gerwald a chance to prove that this could be a new home for her.

“So was I,” Gerwald admitted. “I was a warrior for my people, and a predator at heart. While that has been tempered to fit in here, I still find ways to hunt and kill. The wolf cannot be contained anymore than our humanity can be ignored. We are not one or the other, we are both, and without either we are not whole. It wasn’t until I accepted that fact that I was able to adjust.”

He hoped she understood.

“I have been without a pack for a long time, Redd. You have been alone, you are the last. My siblings are still roaming the galaxy. We were torn apart. You can say you failed all you want, I understand your survivor’s guilt, but I failed to keep mine together. This is a new pack, a new chance… but life here is different. Until you learn to embrace your humanity as much as you have the wolf, you will always struggle.”

His answer was likely not the one she wanted to hear, but it was the truth. It took another Lupine telling him the same thing for Gerwald to see the truth of who he really was. Redd was simply on a similar journey. The red wolf needed to find herself in the middle of all the noise and chaos.​

Ger-Temp.png

sLEgeWG.png

REFLECTIVE

Upon being motioned to join him by the fire, the woman slowly crossed over to the fire and seated herself down by the warmth. It felt odd as she felt the warmth caress her pale skin as she was used to cold, damp areas. Used to shivering to maintain some semblance of warmth, it was odd to sit near a fire or even blankets or clothing. Hands reached out towards the fire, but the increased heat warned her that touching it was not advisable and the last thing she needed was for the medical team to fuss over something else. Warnings pinged off inside of her mind but she kept her hands there for a moment, defying pain, before retracting them. A sigh parted her lips as she listened to Gerwald speak. It almost sounded like a past lesson that she had heard of from her parents, but it was called something else to them and restlessness grew within the wolf once more.

She got up and began to pace back and forth before the fire that they shared as thoughts swelled within her mind. Memories and even a deep set loneliness. Her hands clasped behind her back then as she paused and her gaze looked up towards the blue sky. ”My parents called it symbiosis.” She finally said after Gerwald had said his piece. The woman fully understood where the man was coming from. Wolf and man, they were the same for lupines and her parents understood that, which was why humans were accepted into their pack long ago. One of her ancestors thought that it would help to stem the flow of insanity and infertility and it did. Only alpha pairs were allowed to mate with each other, as alpha pairs were the only lupine pair that were allowed to mate together. All the others, beta and omegas paired off with humans or something or a different species. Of which meant that they had to go on a specific kind of journey.

However, speaking of symbiosis really had her agitated for one reason or another. It reminded her that she had very much lost her way. The red wolf had lost so much and she just wasn’t sure as to how to begin with everything. To begin with this new opportunity presented before her. A soft growl was upon her lips as she lifted a hand to draw through brindled red locks. She should go back and look to see if there truly were no survivors, to find any that did survive. Being reminded that she was alone didn’t help one bit and she was trying to figure out as to how she could piece her Snowfire pack back together. Finally She paused before glancing at Gerwald with solemn eyes.

”My parents knew that human and wolf were one. It was symbiotic, they said, but… watching everyone you love die right before your very eyes, has a way of changing that perceptive.” Green-gold eyes shifted into a pure green as she felt grief and her arms wrapped around herself in almost like a protective shield against the world. ”I retreated into my wolf form because I didn’t have to feel anything.” Redd paused, ”Sure, I felt grief and pain but it was lessened as even the wolf understood the natural laws of the world. A lone wolf usually lives and dies alone. However, being human means that I feel more. Vulnerable even and I don’t like it. It’s as if I feel like once more, I have to find a pack and I fear watching it all die before me once more. It’s as if death does not want me and the human pack rejects me; for the wolf I have inside is only to be used and feared, not understood.”
Ds3cKt3.png

Last edited:

kPx9w5C.png

G U A R D E D

“The lone wolf also goes insane without a pack,” Gerwald reminded the red haired lupine which paced. She was agitated and easily distracted. A sigh left Gerwald’s lips as he motioned for her to sit with him once more. “You need to find your center, Redd. Your contentment to be just one over the other will eventually cause other issues you cannot foresee.”
He understood, and Gerwald also knew he was the last person who should be giving the wolf advice. Had he not been there himself it would have been even worse, but because he had, because Gerwald had experienced the other side of preferring humanity over wolf, Gerwald knew he was also the only one who could speak to it.
“We both know you need to find another pack, and we both know that death is natural. At least you do not carry the guilt of abandoning your pack, and then watching as your own sister killed your mother and father. Not only did I stand by when it happened, I approved of it. There are only three Lechner’s left, and of the three, I am the only one still here. My pack was broken for many reasons, but all of them internal.”
Blue eyes turned to regard the woman. Gerwald wore a serious expression on his face. Redd needed to hear what he had to say, but she also needed what he offered.
“I cannot promise that I can give everything you are looking for, or that you have been missing. What I can promise is that you will have a place to belong, and as long as I draw breath you have a brother, you have family. Maybe someday we can explore all of my issues and baggage, but today, today I am offering you a place, a pack.”
Gerwald grinned.
“What do you say?”

Ger-Temp.png

sLEgeWG.png

REFLECTIVE

Lone wolf… The words struck a chord within the woman and she turned to view the man who indicated that she should sit with him. Should she sit? She felt agitated and could feel the vibrant pull to shift and continue running once more. To pull away and retreat to a point where she would no longer be hurt by loss or grief. Being a wolf for so long had helped her to deal with such strong emotions, helped her to pull away from the hurt and pain that had plagued her. It helped to numb it all, because when she was a wolf the animal’s basic instincts were so pure in nature that it soothed the aching soul and simplified things. Kill or be killed.

Ever since being rescued and brought into the Confederacy fold, she had felt more. Redd felt the emotional pain even more and it weighed heavily upon her soul. Although over the years, being in wolf form and enslaved had probably saved her life. She might have snapped, lost her mind earlier on. Maybe even slaughtered innocent people to gain revenge for some kind of twisted justice. In every one of her battles, she unleashed her anger upon everyone of her foes. She still did but it had lessened over time and time had been the greatest healer of all. Until one day she woke up and wanted to escape from the hell she had found herself in. That was when she had begun to plot her escape and bided her time. The lupine had waited for the perfect time and it had come in the form of laziness by those who thought they could hold her captive.

Quietly, she sat back down again with a sigh to listen to Gerwald tell his story in part. He mostly glossed over it really without going into too much detail. Redd did have a brief encounter with Gerwald’s sister. Alwine. In truth, she couldn’t really make too much of a judgement when it came to that wolf. So she couldn’t really say that she knew his sister all too well. It had almost been too brief of an encounter to consider it to really be one. Almost like two ships in the night. Her recovery had become top priority and so Alwine became more of an acquaintance or someone that she had simply passed by on the street and only given a brief nod of hello.

Pale fingers played with the edge of the gown that she wore and resisted the urge to scratch where the gown met her skin, but she indeed listened. Did she need a pack? She had lived for so long without one that it almost felt strange, yet she could feel the urge from the wolf within, nudging her forwards to accept the offer presented. ”A lone wolf is weaker than a wolf in a pack…” Redd finally said with a nod of her head. ”But I’ve never had a sibling before so I wouldn’t know how to be one. Only certain mated pairs could produce more than one pup and it was only because their line had extensive pairings with others that were not lupine. My family bloodline had some pairings with others on my mother’s side, but my father’s did not. So even though they tried to have another, it just did not happen.”

Her head angled slightly to the right for a moment as her green eyes seemed to become unfocused. ”He had always wanted a male heir, but it didn’t mean that he didn’t love me any less.” A slight curve of her lips was given at the memory before she shook her head and looked back to Gerwald. ”I can only say that I’ll do my best to be a part of this… Pack of yours but I cannot promise you as to how good of a member I’ll be. I’ve all but forgotten as to how to play nice with others.” With that, the woman rose from her position upon the ground. ”I should let you go. You’ve probably got more important things to deal with rather than deal with a damaged lupine.”
Ds3cKt3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom