Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Murder in the Coruscant Underground

The ground-level streets of Coruscant are a dangerous place at night. Turn onto the wrong alley and let your guard down for one second, you could die before you had a chance to breathe.
That's what happened to Calvin Hikon. Our victim was found dead in the alley, with burn marks on his right leg and lower torso, and a fractured skull and sternum from blunt force trauma, and a vibroknife in his right hand, and the time of death is around roughly 2 hours past midnight. Blood stains at the crime scene match the victim, and there are scorch marks at the scene as well.
Three suspects have been apprehended, Carver Niko, Dasynd Hiullon, and Vasko Talineen. All of them were found near the scene of the crime.
Investigate carefully.

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Darin was tasked by the Jedi, as a test of his abilities. He glanced around, then to the various listings of the subjects. The burn marks on the victim suggested a struggle. Nobody shot the person. He glanced to the CSI unit from the Coruscant police, standing up, quietly folding his robings. He placed his hands together in front of him, taking a long while to speak. He didn't speak politely, but he wasn't rude. He seemed particularly blunt.

"I'll need a few facts, if you can get them from me. I'll need the height and weight of each of the suspects, and I'll need an analysis on the burn marks on the victim to determine if they happened before he was dead, or after. Same with the trauma to the head. But, guessing by the knife in his hand, he may have been caught off guard. I'll interview the man Dasynd first."

The young Jedi approached the man, who was being held by police. He didn't say anything for a long time, before he leaned in closely. He closed his eyes, seeing the man through the force. He opened them after a moment, after searching his essence for a moment."Where were you at approximately 2 hours after midnight?"He had many, many, many more questions for the man, but an alibi was a good place to start off.

@[member="Andrix Taltheon"]

@[member="Darin Khel"]
Dasynd seemed a little tired, as if he wasn't really focused on the situation. "I was out in the streets down a couple blocks. Then I was headed into the bar, to meet a couple of my friends." Dasynd checked his watch. "Can we get a move on, Master Jedi? I've got a meet with the Galactic Runners Society in the morning and I want to catch up on some sleep."

The Alibi checks out okay; security cameras in the bar of Dasynd's description show Dasynd inside, entering around the time offered. However, curiously, there are no records of him ordering anything to drink.

Alan

Darin left the fact that the man didn't order anything until later, he could have a valid reason, perhaps not. Darin turned to the man."You will be dismissed when the investigation has completed."Darin walked forward, folding his hands behind his back. He approached the second man, Carver. He stared at him a while before speaking.

"I assume that you have some sort of reason you were here in the area. Establishing an alibi is an effective proof of innocence."

@[member="Darin Khel"]

Carver haughtily folded his arms in front of his chest, frowning at the Jedi. "As a matter of fact, I do, Jedi," he said indignantly. "I was out here for a meeting with some of my clients, and heard someone in trouble. I ran to help whoever it was, and, to my dismay, I found my buddy Calvin, lying in a pool of his own blood."

Records show that Carver, for the past week, has been making several calls to an anonymous person, whom is assumed to be the "Clients" he was on a way to meet with. However, there is no record of Carver scheduling this meeting, at an already odd time.

Alan

"So you knew the victim..."Darin said. He noted the defensive posture and the tone of voice the man used. He also was handed a datapad that showed the...peculiar amount of records. He blinked several times, looking upwards at the man. He narrowed his eyes, but said no more to him. He wasn't about to go and make a mass amount of assumptions without letting the suspects prove their alibis. However, the prospect of meeting a business partner or client in this part of Coruscant was troubling to the young Jedi. It didn't seem very logical, nor did the amount of calls he placed. But again, his probings would come after the alibis were established - or at least, the alibis were stated. He turned to the final man, eyes lingering on him. Popular thought that the Jedi could read minds, but that was not the case. People knew immediately when they were being probed, it was a rather uncomfortable feeling for a non-force user, and a force user alike. However, the sentiment could still apply, and Darin could use the misconception to his advantage, without even saying anything.

Vasko Talineen. The stoic Jedi, who never smiled, blinked and then stepped to talk to the man. He walked in a dignified manner, calm and collected, but not in exactly a friendly manner. Darin was literally, all business. All of the time.

"I'm assuming you have some sort of reason for being in this particular area, Mister Talineen?"

@[member="Darin Khel"]

Vasko Talineen, a portly fellow with a rather full and bristling mustache, quivered as the Jedi eyed him. He shrunk away as the Jedi interrogated him, and began to sweat. "I-I was...I...I..." Vasko seemed to be about to faint. "Okay, okay, listen to me, Master Jedi...I was on my way out here to buy some death sticks. I have an addiction. I'm sorry, please don't tell my wife...Anyways, I bought them, and...used...one...I passed the alleyway, and saw someone attack the...the victim. High as I was, I didn't really make note of it, all things considered...I didn't get a good look at what happened, sorry. I woke up on the corner near the intersection over there, and passed by this way to notice the victim."

Really not much else to add, for this one. It's clear he's not lying. But his speeder, found a couple blocks away, contains in the trunk the blaster that makes the same type of scorch marks as those on the crime scene.

Syrian

S
I could feel him die. His body pass from the void. I had a connection with him where I could feel him. I don't know how, but I always watched him. Seeing that he was fine. I drifted off to sleep in Calvin's rather large ship. Staying in the cargohold where it was large enough for me to fit. Though I had to hunch my neck when standing. I dreamed of meeeting a dragon of my own kind. Seeing his perfect white scales. Glimmering in the sunlight as he flapped his wings. I purred at the thought. Suddenly His hand moved to hold my beloved hiker. Only to see him crushed within his grasp!

I woke with a start, and tried to feel for him. I could not find him. I had to find him! Now! I stood up and started to walk towards the ramp of the ship. Large enough for me to fit through I walked out and with a single flap of my wings I rose to the skys. people screamed as they saw me, a huge beast in the sky. I could smell him. Smell where he went. I followed it like a tracker. and fell down onto a roof where his body was surrounded by the little people that matched him. I lifted my large head and roared of loss.

Not caring about the people below me, I could feel as the ground and building shook with the vibrations of my voice. I looked down and growled at the three men that were lined up and growled with my teeth very apparent.

@[member="Andrix Taltheon"], @[member="Darin Khel"]

Alan

@Syrian @Andrix Taltheon

The appearance of the dragon, did little to deter the Young Jedi. The dragon outstretched it's neck, and roared to the men that were accused. Darin, didn't break his stoic look the entire time. He turned, and activated his lightsaber, and held it to the Dragon's neck. Eye contact, Dragon to Jedi. Darin stared at him for a while, establishing between the two that he was in charge. The dragon was also unwise to do anything else, and it might realize that a great number of Jedi, and various other people, could easily kill the Dragon. He turned back to the portly man. He received the news of the man having the weapon in his trunk.

He raised a brow."You didn't happen to go back to your vehicle at any point during this time, did you Mr. Talineen?"The Jedi had no business in his addiction, that was a personal matter that he wouldn't touch. It would be intrusive of him, and more importantly, disruptive and irrelevant to the current situation. His eyes flickered over to Dasynd, and the stoic look broke, and formed into a narrowed brow.

@[member="Darin Khel"] | @[member="Andrix Taltheon"] |@[member="Syrian"]​

Hasjo Hallu, Jedi Padawan of Master Sochi Ru sat back in the comfortable chair of the Koro-2 Exodrive Airspeeder. He was a pursuant of the Jedi Peacekeeper ways, a form of law enforcement. Thus, he was apart of the Coruscant Security Force. The law enforcement of Coruscant. Hasjo glanced down over the city, the familiar feelings it brought of home. He twisted the joystick and the vehicle began a barreling nosedive towards the ground below. He pulled up several hundred meters, circling the permitter of the murder before landing.
Climbing out of the vessel, Hasjo spoke into his earpiece "R9, inform Nattov I'll be busy with a new case." Nattov was a long time friend, a Geonosian who was the investigator of his CSF Task Force. Hasjo was more the guns, and for obvious reasons. The Nautolan was naturally strong, and further training had only made him stronger. While weak in the force, he was a very competent duelist in lightsabers. He approached Darin, asking "Padawan Khel? I am Padawan Hallu. What can you tell me about the situation."

Alan

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Darin turned to the newcomer, raising a brow. Odd for someone to come so late into the investigation. He pointed to the three suspects, individually."Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone here was murdered. And these three men, are all individually suspicious, save for maybe the portly gentlemen. It is of my belief that he's genuinely just a user."Darin's thoughts paced for a moment, and then he was again, reminded of the blaster in the trunk.

He turned inward towards the Nautolan, speaking low as the others could not hear him."The man, the larger man, Talineen. Said that he passed out near the corner over there. I'll be checking if there's a way to prove that, there's cameras all over Coruscant. Also, there was another man, who was several blocks away, or at least, he said, when the murder occurred. However, there's something off about the death of the victim."Darin implored the Nautolan to follow him.

"Why the knife? The man was shot in the leg and torso with a blaster, which we recovered. But, then, why did he pull his knife out? Why the blows to the head and sternum? Typically, if I were to murder someone, I wouldn't take the time to use a blaster and beat him for good measure. Unless our victims knew each other, and they were in close proximity, and the shooter panicked and fired randomly, explaining the carbon marks all over, and perhaps the inflicted trauma..."He tapped his chin. He never once broke the stoic look.

"Your thoughts?"He inquired to his fellow Jedi.

"Your thoughts?"
Hasjo wasn't the investigator type. He was usually assigned for defensive purposes. Though he was piecing his own puzzle together. He hummed to himself in thought. He scraped a finger along his chin as he paced. He waved his hand as he spoke "Perhaps, and this goes off merely by my imagination of events; A scuffle has broken out, for whatever reason. Whether it was gang related or circumstance. Victim pulls knife. He gets shot twice, gun jams or the suspect simply fails to realise how much ammunition was left in it. Victim falls down. Suspect stomps on his chest and head, to finish the job. But motive?" Hasjo lightly shrugged with the roll of his shoulders, clearly showing he was no expert on the matter. "I'm sorry I cannot help you further, Padawan Khel." He hesitated for a moment, raising a finger "But, have you checked the mans belongings, ID's? Run him on the database and find if he has any criminal connections or history"

@[member="Darin Khel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom