Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ad A Message To the Galaxy (Ashlan Crusade Faction ad)

When I was a boy, my father told me of a galaxy that could be. One that was united in faith and in purpose: one that had broken the shackles of war and decadence in favor of enlightenment and unity. His legacy was the vision of what could be, and what above all else was worth fighting for.

My father is long dead, but his vision remains in my mind. It haunts me. It pulls at me in my moments of clarity, in the midst of my meditations, in the waking hours of the morning when sleep evades me. What could the galaxy become, if only we had the strength of will to see it through?

All my life I have sought the answer to this question. Some of you know of me, and you know of my deeds. You know of the long war my people have fought since my earliest days, and the heights to which we have both risen, and fallen from. You may see me as a savior: a zealot, a traitor, a dictator, or perhaps a king, I do not care which. All my life I have acted in service to the Ashla, and it is here, at our darkest hour, that I ask the same of you.

There are those among you that can see the same future that I do. A galaxy united under the will of the Ashla: The Sith, The Bryn'adul, and all other threats to true peace and enlightenment scourged from the very stars themselves.

There are many that would call us zealots. They would caution patience over action, for they see us as threats to their power. They would chain us to the will of those unwilling to put their lives on the line for the cause, and see us bow before oligarchs and legislatures that care for little more than lining their pockets. They chastise our faith because they have cast their own aside, and to believe is heresy to their gods of decadence and debauchery.

We will not be bound by the will of councils. We will not be bound to the laws of 'gentlemanly' war. We will not bow to the whims of the bureaucrats keen to see us live life on puppet strings, the capitalists profiting off our own spilled blood, or the pacifists preaching appeasement to those would see us live as slaves.

The war is here, my brothers and sister. It is great, total, holy and horrible, and it is work that must be done. Just as our ancestors sowed the fields to feed their children, so too shall we sow the fields with the blood of heretics and abominations to save ours.

To any that have the strength of heart and guidance of purpose, I call to you. To the vagabond living for drinks and sin, I call to you. To the humble Jedi Knight lost in the world, I call to you. To the soldier disillusioned with his place as a tool in the eyes of his government, I call to you. To the faithless man working another day at the factory, I call to you.

Join us in our crusade. Repent for your sins with service. Accept the Ashla into your heart, and let the warmth of salvation provide you with new purpose. Live your life for something greater, and by God live it on your feet. This galaxy, our galaxy, is on the brink of annihilation, and only those with hearts of steel and souls guarded in faith can change its course.

Simply ask a priest of the Ashla if you wish to find us. They will show you the way. Godspeed, brothers and sisters.

sf7NvDn.png

OOC FAQ

• Who are you?

We are the Ashlan Crusade, a conglomeration of races that have suffered genocide at the hands of the Sith Empire, followers of the Ashlan religion, Jedi that wish to fight in the name of the Light, and other groups dedicated wholly to bringing the will of the Ashla, or the Light Side, to fruiton.

• What are your themes?

The Ashlan Crusade takes heavy inspiration from the Army of Light, Prussia and The Teutonic Knights of IRL, Game of Thrones, and the Argent Crusade of World of Warcraft. We intend to provide that feudal crusader feeling that many of the more 'modern' governments lack, as well as a heavy emphasis on religion and its presence in society that other groups may have as more of a secondary theme. Our Jedi are inspired by the Jedi Lords of old Legends, with a new custom religion with several pages of lore laid out revolving around seeing the Light Side of the Force as a benevolent god to back their faith.

• What Characters Are Welcome?

All characters are welcome in the Crusade, so long as they fit the theme. Dark Siders are only allowed if they are repenting, and attempting to let go/grow from their reliance on the Dark Side. Otherwise users of the Bogan are expected to be imprisoned on site, and executed if they resist.

• What Are Your Plans?

The Ashlan Crusade intends to wage war against all factions that do not inherently support the Ashla. This includes all 'Dark Side' factions, and factions that are morally scrupulous.

• I don't know if I want to write a religious character, is there still a place for me here?

Absolutely. The dichotomy between the hardcore believers and those that are just involved for the values of the organization is something we hope will make IC interaction interesting.

• I like the idea, but I'm not into PVP. Is there a place for me here?

Yes. Non-PVPers are welcome in the faction, as many of our storylines will be revolving around a custom arc built around lore crafted by experienced writers that has little to do with the faction struggle. I will be DMing much of what we do personally, and I intend to take on one or two co-DMs to help expand our PVE storylines.

• What is your government structure like?

Undecided as of yet. We intend for that all to be built ICly, but it is most likely leaning toward a feudal monarchy operating on a full time war economy. If the faction works off of Cedirc's views, which it very well may not, there will be a banning of political parties and a general disdain held toward modern forms of government as 'decadent' and flawed.

• How do I join ICly?

You may either PM me, join our discord, message one of our admins, or simply write your own story and join us on your own accord. ICly, the Followers of the Ashla are spread through most of the core, and some places beyond that. Their priests and priestesses will show your character the way.

I haven't finished working on it yet. I am a perfectionist and won't post something until I feel it is ready for the community. I also believe the storyline is far more important than the aesthetic, so I'm working on the former at the moment. The faction page will be updated soon. Right now, I am more focused on writing a strong storyline for our writers. If you want to get involved, feel free to join our discord here. From there, we can get you involved in one of our threads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom