Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A meeting

Quintus Varro

Q
A new office, a new workshop, and new extremely rich client. It seemed quite the adventure, and now Eamon was awaiting his first client to go over their needs, and sell his get his first contract for RI. The client's name was Faenrovon the Radiant, and apparently he was both a businessman and politically connected, quite the possibility. Unfortunately for Eamon he was much more an engineer then salesman, and it hadn't occurred to him to do some more research on his client. This left him most curious as to why they were meeting in what could be only termed an empty warehouse.

He'd been told RI had spoken with the man about a possible droid design which would work for his business, McYoda's delivering food. He'd drawn up a few quick designs, but he had also been made aware of a second model of droids the man wanted made, some type of secondary model. Taking a sip of his water he heard the sound of thunder outside, and shook his head. Weather must move quickly on this world, it had been all sunny when he'd come in, oh well little rain never hurt anyone.

• [member="Faenrovon The Radiant"]

Empty Promise
Faenrovon descended on the warehouse, wings rising and falling with a sound like thunder claps. His landing caused the ground to quake. And quake it should, thought the ancient one. All things should quake at his coming. For who was like him? Strong of sinew. Mighty in battle. Tamed by none, beholden to none. Lord of the Air and Skies. He moved into the warehouse, each footfall rocking the building like an avalanche. When he spoke his voice was of a thousand storms, a loud, hissing, grating noise infused with the power of the Force and when angered enough that it could cause the very ears of those listening to spew forth blood.

"I am Faenrovon, last of the Great Ones, firstborn of Malkithador." The dragon snaked its long neck downward until one great, yellow eye stared directly at [member="Eamon Tragon"].

"What is your proposal, mortal?"

Quintus Varro

Q
There were many odd races Eamon had been prepared for, even some of the odd ones selling to a Council of the Fringe, but a dragon was simply not one of them. Opening his mouth to speak no words came out, as his brain simply shut down for a moment as words evaded him. The owner of McYoda's was a dragon, you'd figured that would have gotten around the office when word of the contract got in. Blinking as he finally got his mind in order he nodded dumbly before stuttering out a "H-hi"

Looking down he eyed some of the papers and datapads he'd brought with him, lacking hands he doubted the dragon be handling any of them easily. The lack of preparedness irritated him, which luckily also brought him out of his brain numb state. Seems he'd be doing less showing and more telling on this one, so be it. "Pardon, I was unaware of your nature so I don't have anything you can easily handle at the moment, but I"ll walk you through this project as best I can. Now with a delivery system droid I've come up with two separate models for you to decide on. The first is a smaller model with a separate droid, most likely an astromech type to save costs and space. The second would be a larger model, but with repulsor technologies we could forgo a transport entirely. The astromech type could deliver to their door, while the larger model would most likely be unable though its possible I could have it deliver to a window or balcony."

Pulling out a small holo display he used for communication Eamon attached a datastick to it attempting to juryrig a display the dragon could actually see. With his hands at work the engineer continued on as the display flicker then became solid showing the blueprint for two separate models. "Now the pros and cons are pretty clear in some of these cases. The smaller model requires vehicle maintenance, and proper loading of food is a must for the droid to get the correct order out. The second model requires either an open window for the unit to deliver by flight or it will have to land and the customer will have to come outside. This unit would only require one piece to maintain though, and with the ability for more interior units such as making it own beverages it would be more efficient by far. What we need to know at RI is which model would be better for your company?"

[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"]

Empty Promise
OOC: NPC'ing Faenrovon from here on out.

Enormous, yellow eyes narrowed, then the Arkanian dragon loosed a snort, causing tendrils of smoke to curl up from its nostrils and Faenrovon abruptly sat down, causing the ground to tremble. The white denizen inhaled slowly, a long breath that seemed to suck the very air out of the room. He released it in a breath so hot it could be termed scalding. Belatedly, the dragon noticed that this might cause the mortal some amount of discomfort. The dragon's eyes snicked closed as it seemed to blink, then it spoke again.

"Mortal, you have laid out a great many plans to widen what was once my venture, but I grow weary of your affairs. They are like a puff of wind and as complex as a spider's web. But I, I am immortal by your standards. When all the nations that surround you now crumble into dust, when stars die out, still I will remain. I can be killed, by I measure my lifespan not in centuries, but millennia. Just as you cannot wholly understand the spider's web neither can I understand your mortal affairs. Yet the spider has spent most of its life building that web and seeing it repaired. You could destroy it with your littlest finger. Likewise, I could bring to ruin all that you hold dear. But it is all.... insignificant to me. And I grow weary of dealing in such finite terms."

Faenrovon huffed another breath, colder than the last.

"I have fulfilled my purpose here and slaked myself on vengeance. I am withdrawing myself from the realms of mortals, for a time. I will no longer run this venture, nor my others. Yet, they seem to be of great importance to you and like you can admire a spider's web, I can admire your carefully crafted plans for the future of these businesses. Thus, to you I do bequeath McYoda's and Bidwata Pacmona Mining Company. Do with them what you will, mortal. If any question your rights to hold such companies, tell them to ask Faenrovon the Radiant for confirmation."

The dragon revealed long rows of teeth in what appeared to be a smile.

"They will be... compliant."

With lumbering steps, the behemoth rose, long tail snaking out behind him as he turned. "Prosper mortal, but always remember the arachnids beneath you. We shall not meet again, I think. Farewell."

In a cacophony of flapping wings and rushing wind, he was gone.

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom