Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Marrvelous Galaxy

5kGSRU3.png

Closing her eyes she opened her mind, reaching through the force to the mind of each person in the room, including Malum's.

Oh that poor girl.

The moment Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes peered into the mind of "Moonrunner", she was assaulted by a barrage of 'messages', some needlessly cruel, some entirely sardonic, some completely unrelated to anything. It was like looking into the collective voice of the Holonet all at once, in the form of endless pop ups that floored Lily's brief glimpse.

How anyone could focus for more than a second with a mind like that, was a mystery to all.

And yet, Dekaltis herself didn't seem any less distracted than normal. In fact, she almost looked...serene, as she poked away at her datapad.

The prodigal daughter seemed to finally arrive, seemingly the last of the invitees, though truly... there were many more that he knew he should have invited. There were other cousins he should have invited, Mariah of House Marr Mariah of House Marr , for one, yet, she had adjustment to undergo regarding... all of this before he would bring her into such matters of high stakes as these. While too... memories of a certain red-eyed Chiss, one that by all rights should have known... yet due to the presence of the one he had chosen... would make things far from easy.

Yet had he not chosen her too, once upon a time?

A choice the Force itself had consecrated?

One of its many crimes.

His sisters had a right to know what their younger and older brother were up to for one, yet still, he found himself ever the secretive overprotector, never wanting to include the sisters he knew were certainly capable in their different means in whatever danger he ran into headfirst without thought.

He at least thought he had improved in that respect, he did think such matters through now.

Yet, was that caution or a boon or something to hold him back?

He thought it a sign of maturity.

Yet, with so little time... so much to do... perhaps he had gone too far?

Alas, there was little time to doubt himself in the immediate moment, as he felt the tension in the room drain away at the arrival of his apprentice, himself lightly chuckling under the mask and shaking his head.

"Welcome to the meeting, Darth Dekaltis Darth Dekaltis ." He spoke recognising and accepting her presence, as he gazed about, looking for any other fires to put out.

Unfortunately, an inferno was about to blaze through the room.

And even more unfortunately, he had no one but himself to blame.

He swallowed the emotions down his throat, as he froze at her presence. He had been thinking of her far too much... had he somehow summoned her presence before them? No... no... hi-... Kara... Karan'sis'atrob had always been capable, always been powerful.

Always knew exactly what she wanted. She would have not come here, even in an emotional state without a plan, without wanting to be here, and with a dagger in her hand, and the tensing he could feel from all about the room, he knew if he did not defuse this bomb, then he was risking all that they could accomplish this night.

He found himself standing again, moving in a swirl of his blackened cloak between his Elsie and... Lady Karan'sis'atrob.

A pet...

Anger brimmed from his heart, simmering beneath his heart, reaching a boiling point.

Alas, and perhaps fortunately, it would not be he who would need to intervene in his compromised state.

Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway , his other apprentice japed, and almost instantly, he felt the heat in the room quiver, cool away.

Eyes beneath the mask glimmered with... pride, and shunted him into action, as he coughed to gain the proceeding's attention. A loud hiss sounded from his face, and his hand gripped the mask, slowly, purposefully, for though his face was no mystery for those gathered here, would not gain the curiosity and attention if Ali- Darth Strosius Darth Strosius decided to reveal his true face.

It was enough to gather their eyes, as he shook his head, raven locks draping themselves across his now exposed face, red orbs glimmering, as he gazed unto all of them.

Before baleful glare was directed against... Ansisa Ansisa . Yet, there was a glassiness to it, a softness, gazing into her own red eyes. For all she had done to harm him and his own.

He could never... truly be free from the feelings he had for her.

For all she had done.

It did not compare to all he had done.

If things had been even slightly different, his Elsie would have been a distant memory, a distant dream of Archaisian nights.

And he would have been walking into this room with Kara... the newest Lady Marr, and Empress-Consort of Alvaria.

He did not regret the identity of the woman whose arms were linked with now, there was truly no one in this galaxy he loved more than Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira .

...Yet, he had said much the same only months before to someone else entirely.

He closed his eyes, for anyone else a blink that perhaps lasted a second too long.

"I am glad your assignment to the Tingel Arm has evidently been a success, Ansisa," Malum offered, he had no intention of inviting her here, despite the fact she was one of those he needed to know. Yet, the mission to the Tingel Arm had provided a convenient enough excuse, he had not expected her back for a few more days, wherein he would have briefed her privately... however, he should have known by now not to underestimate his old apprentice, and perhaps seeing her privately, would have been the worst mistake to make.

His eyes suddenly narrowed, "I will ask you only once to not insult anyone here, especially not my partner," His glower was directed to her, but it was a warning to all those gathered, as the temperature decreased ever further, a subtle use of Cryokinesis across the air molecules around them, punctuating his point, "Everyone will put their weapons away, that you have them is a sign of trust to each of you, I would not see that trust be broken," By the end, the temperature had reached near freezing, and his voice more hiss than human.

Before he leaned back.

The temperature returned to normal.

He opened their bond, something that he avoided many a time before, something only in pure moments of desperation or emotional necessity he would ever access consciously or unconsciously.

A single word slipped his mind.

"Please."

And smile, forged, was back upon his face, as he directed Elsie to her seat, pulling it back and chiding himself for initially forgetting, as with one fire extinguished, there were others to manage.

He was glad for Ali- Darth Strosius continuing the introductions, even if his answer to the Raaf Question was far from adequate, alas, he would be forced to discuss it whether he liked it or not. Ali- Darth Strosius had not yet learned that they survived only by the good graces of His Imperial Majesty, and continually challenging the present order, would make those graces turn sour rather quickly.

And they, the both of them, were in no position to survive that.

Yet, Ali- Darth Strosius was not one to understand common sense.

For what was sense to a fanatic?

At least he was an honest fanatic he supposed, it likely was the greatest reason their bond had survived... well everything.

"It will be settled tonight, trust me on that," Malum answered the charge, his smile still rather fixed, his eyes rather... not cold, but its glimmer could not be considered warm.

His eyes turned to settle on his more... plebeian cousin, as a mock frown found itself on his face at the lack of an introduction, such would not aid him any in wiping away his reputation of his proletarian ness, yet his reputation for wanting to get straight to the point remained firm and intact.

Nodding slowly at the words, of course, Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar would want to know, after all, he and Commodore Helix Commodore Helix had recently been to that auction run by another of his... allies? Alicia Drey Alicia Drey , where Lady Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf had secured the Holocron of Darth Revan.

Malum himself was rather sore about that, the Holocron of Heresies had been an excellent addition to their collection, even if it seemed to be missing great details, but one of Revan... what he would not give for that. He himself had met the woman once, and for all he knew of her, both what he knew and what she knew, he was remiss to engage with her directly.

Which was why Darth Strosius' actions were so... problematic.

"Indeed, it would seem the Mother of Monsters has indeed progeny that is not as monstrous, and one of them had children of their own, now in our custody," He sent a hard stare to Ali- Darth Strosius, making his point ever more pronounced, "Something that will be spoken of tonight," His gaze settled back upon his cousin, "And as ever you are too humble for your own good, please everyone, this is Trayze, of House Marr, or Trayze Tesar as he so prefers, Lieutenant Inspector of the Jutrand Police Commiserate, elected Triumvir of the Kathol Campaign, Triumphator of its victory, and soon to be Governor of one of the worlds of the Empire."

Which world that would be, would be something they would need to decide soon.

He turned his head again when the good Commodore introduced himself, nodding at the words, "I thank you for your presence here today, Commodore, you have been an invaluable aide in all our ventures after all," Too much of an aide in his opinion, he could only wonder how much the droid had incidentally enabled some of the worst of Ali- Darth Strosius' qualities.

Yet, his words were not false, he desired the droid at his side, for his capabilities, for his means, for all that he needed for all their visions to come about.

His gaze would then shift to Revna Revna , another cousin, her introduction was curious enough, some he would not comment on, but the rest... well, "Has our Darth Strosius not officially taken you on as an apprentice yet, cuz?" Malum japed, his eyes softening, the shine in it far more genuine, as he shifted his gaze back to Ali- Darth S- Alisteri... Ali... "Please Ali, if you delay any longer, I fear I will have to take her off your hands, after all, we both know how capable my cousin has proven herself to be."

Some fire under his rear would do him good, even if he was joking. Their apprentices were their future, as they were the future of their Mistresses', such was the way of the Sith, and such was the evolution that she preached.

And after all, it was their apprentices, that could be key, in all that would come next.

Of course, there were many more that had not yet introduced themselves, Ylvaris of House Marr Ylvaris of House Marr , another cousin, was expected another Tsis'Kaar, his other Hand, it made sense for him to be silent and watching the proceedings. He would make his waves when it was suitably dramatic no doubt, likely not appreciating his other Hand's entrance.

There was too, Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes , she who had revealed herself with her large waves towards his Elsie, whom she had responded in kind. Now, if Malum gazed in her direction, he knew his eyes would glaze over, her tattoo concealing her presence even making them doubt she was even here at all, when they all had seen her once.

Such was the way of his other cousin, and why she would be of manifest importance for all that would come.

And then there was of course Zachariah, who may have japed and joked, yet had not introduced himself. Of course, to a great degree, he could not give the whole truth of that, even if he would bet that he had told at least one other in this room his real identity.

He really needed to teach them both to be more subtle, huddled so close, did they imagine no one knew what they were doing underneath the desk?

It was perhaps even enough for even his notoriously blind and unaware battlebrother to notice.

Still, if he had told her, it seemed she had not told Ali- Darth Strosius. That was good, for if the fanatic knew the grandson of the Emperor sat among his midst.

...Well it would be the fourth grandchild to be kidnapped.

His apprentice was capable enough to figure out a suitable enough introduction.

Finally confident that they would not come to blows, still watching... Kara... Karan'sis'atrob carefully, he found himself to the seat he had abandoned.

"No doubt you are all curious about why I have invited you here today, unfortunately, there is no easy summary, yet if I must put it to a few words, you are invited here for us to discuss matters of latter days, and to discuss what is the future of course of us likeminded individuals," He looked to a glass of water next to him, and took a sip, refreshing, and sorely needed after the last few minutes, "I hope you may be able to spare... perhaps two hours of your time, it should hopefully not go much longer than that, and my chefs and cooks are preparing us dinner after, absolutely to die for, I assure you, moreover, I will ask that none of what is discussed here today will leave this room," He swallowed his emotions.

Now would be the moment of truth.

"There is much wrong in this Empire in which we all reside, such is not a treasonous opinion, even ignoring that some of us here are not subject to the Emperor," He gently chuckled, truly, a widespread group he and Ali- Darth Strosius had gathered... such would be their strength, but too, so easily, their weakness, "No doubt the Emperor himself has such feeling, so, I suppose the easiest place to begin... Darth Strosius, what exactly is your intention with the Raaf children, I do hope I may be able to meet them soon," There was nothing about his voice that shifted as his gazed centred back upon his battlebrother, but there was something to his eyes, a dangerous glimmer.

Who knew if at this moment Darth Arcanix was on her way here?

Ironically enough it may have been solely enough possession of the children that stopped her.

Yet, there were other considerations... though they had been on the public record, it seemed that Lady Raaf knew little of them. Ali- Darth Strosius had made the threat to her very clear.

And Sith did not abide by threats.

Even if it meant sacrificing hostages.

Last edited:
To say she didn't enjoy the reaction her appearance caused would have been a lie. From the instant rage she induced in Elise, the the snap movement from Malum to place herself between the two of them. The only other movement was subtle shifts of hands to weapons, just in case. Ansisa's smile widened, Elise may have beaten her in their last fight, but Malum was at least smart enough to recognise that she was still a threat to the woman he had chosen.

To the woman he had run to.

The blade disappeared vanishing from her fingers back into a hidden sheath as she met Malum's glare. The temperature shift in the room rising goosebumps on her skin. She let a huff of a sigh out of her nose, and settled into her chair with an incline of her head. A silent acceptance of his request, her fingers curling subtly to seize the chair legs that Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway was precariously balanced on and yanking them out from underneath him.

Her eyes still on Malum's face.

Did you really think the Tingel Arm would be enough to keep me away from this? You might have given up on your vow to me, Malum, but I have not forgotten mine.

She linked her fingers together, elbows settling on the table eyes shifting to the masked face of Darth Strosius Darth Strosius at Malum's question.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Revna Revna Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar Commodore Helix Commodore Helix Ylvaris of House Marr Ylvaris of House Marr Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Darth Dekaltis Darth Dekaltis

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway / Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar / Revna Revna / Ylvaris of House Marr Ylvaris of House Marr / Commodore Helix Commodore Helix / Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira / Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr / Ansisa Ansisa / Darth Dekaltis Darth Dekaltis

"'Darth Arcanix' is too generous a title for one of her ilk, Mister Tesar, but yes that is indeed the Raaf in question." As always the masked man was so quick to dismiss the notion of giving his foes even a sliver of respect. As far as he was concerned the Lady of Secrets was more of a CEO than a Sith and that was a hill that he would indeed be willing to die upon. Thankfully introductions kept on and Revna was one of the next to go, a fact which brought a small smile to his hidden features.

Darth Strosius felt something in the back of his mind, a sensation which made his head twitch slightly as he glanced around to ascertain the source of the disturbance. After a moment his gaze fell upon one of the few who had yet to introduce herself, the woman beside Trayze, and narrowed slightly in suspicion at her closed eyes. The mind of the masked man would not be felt so easily, as the only thing that would seep from his being was a calmed yet still burning rage hidden just beneath the surface. One that threatened to expand into an inferno at any given moment.

Before he could make a remark to the girl though, Malum's cough drew his attention back to the head of the meeting. Of course the Heir of Marr's penchant for the dramatics meant that the removal of his mask was the main center of attention for a few moments, much to his own chagrin, but at least it helped to keep the tempers in the room simmered he supposed.

The quick chastisement in regards to little verbal altercation wasn't unexpected but Darth Strosius had to admit that he was somewhat surprised to see the sterner side of his fellow Sith for a moment. Even if he did have to scoff at the mention of them having their weapons as a sign of trust. As if there were any who could part him from his blades, let alone anyone in Malum's employ that would be able to accomplish such a feat. He clicked his tongue at the jape and crossed his arms as he sat up straighter in his seat, a roll of his eyes being signaled by an overexaggerated movement of his head. For the moment to keep the peace he wouldn't dignify the jab with a proper response.

Thankfully, or unfortunately given how quickly the topic shifted back to himself once more, Malum moved on to address the reason for this little meeting of his as it were. With him having the floor to speak as it were, Darth Strosius was hardly one to waste the opportunity. "First of all I would like to clarify that the Raaf children are not in 'our' custody, they are in mine." His hidden gaze narrowed as he looked back at Malum and continued with the same fire in his tone as before. "And secondly they are not to be visited, nor are they any business of yours at all to be concerned with."

Really he should've just left it at that, gotten up and waltzed right out of the room having said his peace. And yet he stayed. And yet he continued. "But if you must know, Taeli Raaf threatened my powerbase and my operations last time that we met. She issued me an ultimatum in fact, to leave her pet project alone or all that I cared for and had built would suffer the consequences." He held his head up proudly, not an ounce of shame nor self reflection evident. "I simply wanted to level the playing field. Mutually assured destruction, as it were. And thus I have her grandchildren in my custody."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom