Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Mando Meeting (Contract thread)

There was going to be a need for ships. It was obvious that there would to Clan Raxis. With wars breaking out endlessly and threats appearing more often, Clan Raxis was in need of a way to get to the battlefield relatively safely from orbit or from a base of operations. So it was for this reason that Gray got a hold of MandalMotors and arranged to have a meeting setup.

As his ship landed, Gray was ready to go. He was wearing his usual armor with the Raxis wolf on it. The helmet was left on the ship so all he had on his head was the gray scarf covered in mandalorian symbols covering his eyes. It felt a bit strange to him as he stepped down the ramp to be back out doing this kind of thing again. How long had it been since he directly did anything for his own companies now? Too long. He would need to look into changing that.

Walking into the MandalMotors' office, Gray gave the receptionist a smile. He said as he approached, " Hello. I'm Gray Raxis alor of Clan Raxis. I believe I should have a meeting set up with [member="Zeke Farthen"] to discuss some business. I'll just go sit over there until you are ready for me." He pointed towards a chair in the lobby. With that done he went over an sat himself down. Now it was just a waiting game until they called for him.

Orn'om

O
The attendant nodded. After a few minutes she called for Raxis to take the turbolift up to Zeke's office. Well, it was actually Dorn's office, but as he was never present in the building Zeke used it as his own. The office had polished veshok wood floors and had several large window panels that overlooked the new lake that surrounded Keldabe.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

It seemed that this [member="Zeke Farthen"] was ready for Gray now. He got up from his seat and headed towards the turbolift. As it began to go up to the office floor, Gray began to think over everything he wanted to talk about. Clan Raxis was working with the Mandalorian Empire but that didn't mean they couldn't have their own ships after all. It was better for each clan to be independent after all to better serve Mandalore. That was the mentality he was taking for this decision and use to justify things if anyone tried to make an issue of it. His daughter Yasha wouldn't but he had learned that other clans would get finicky over the oddest things.

As the lift came to a stop, Gray got himself back to reality. The moment the doors opened he began heading towards the right office. Being naturally blind was annoying in this situation though. He couldn't read anything so finding the right office was taking some time. The option he had to go with was using force sight to peer into the individual rooms to get an idea of how big there were. He saw some things thanks to this that he wished he hadn't, but he at least found the biggest office and went to it. As he showed up he knocked on the door then entered. " Hello. I'm Gray Raxis alor of Clan Raxis. Are you Zeke Farthen?"

Orn'om

O
"Indeed!" Zeke was all smiles and dressed sharply head to toe in a black suit, a beskar Mythosaur pin planted proudly on his right breast. "What an honor, the ear of the new Mand'alor, what do I owe the pleasure?" Really it wasn't that much of a pleasure. In fact it was quite the pain as he trusted Mandalorians coming out of Ra's regime about as far as he could throw a Rancor.

Spoiler alert: He couldn't throw a Rancor.

Zeke walked around to the front of his desk to meet Gray half way in the room.

"Did you want anything to drink? Tihaar? Or maybe you're a Corellian Whiskey kind of man?" Zeke walked back to his desk and poured himself a glass of slightly cloudy Tihaar.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

The falseness behind the words was easy for Gray to feel coming from the man. Not really much of a surprise there given the nature of business. Gray might not be as much of a businessman as he needed to be at times, but he had learned it was all about smiles and pleasantries when it came to these sorts of meetings. A good sign that at least the man was a professional. They met in the middle of the room rather than Gray having to go all the way to the desk. A bit odd, but it worked for him. Then the man offered him a drink with two selections. He could pick Corellian whiskey or Mandalorian tihaar. Was that some kind of test? Maybe.

As the smell of tihaar reached Gray's nose, he smiled and replied. " I enjoy both, so I'll let you pick. From the smell of things, I won't be disappointed either way." He held out his right hand for [member="Zeke Farthen"] to shake if he wanted to. As he waited for the response and the drink, he went on, " I don't want to take up too much of your time knowing how busy you have to be, so how about we get right to business? I'm wanting to get some dropships made for my clan. Clan Raxis is always rather independent and we enjoy having our own ships to use. Just keeps things simpler that way. MandalMotors can make one based around our needs right?" With that things were under way. Hopefully they could sort out the details smoothly and both sides could walk away from this happy.

Orn'om

O
He shook the man's hand firmly before snapping his fingers. A protocol droid walked from the corner of the room and poured the man his drink and handed to him gingerly before bowing its head slightly and moving back into the corner of the room. Zeke smirked at the man and walked to the other side of the desk and sat down in his chair and leaned back as if in deep thought.

"Straight to the point I see. I'm to assume our LAAT isn't up to snuff for Clan Raxis? Unfortunate." He took a sip of his drink and set it down on the table, on a coaster of course. "Then you will be glad to know that we are in the process of developing a drop ship already. What particular needs did you require or were you thinking?"

[member="Gray Raxis"]

The hand shake was firm and the drink was brought to him rather quickly. Gray had to admit it was nice to have both. It was amazing how few businessmen considered either as more than formalities. Even if it wasn't important for others it was for him. It showed how much the little things meant to someone. But the conversation was firmly on business now. Good. He found a seat across the desk as he took a long drink from his own glass. Not the smartest idea, but it wasn't anything he wasn't use to. Drinking was one of those things you got use to doing being either a mercenary or a businessman. He held onto his own drink instead of sitting it down though on the desk.

His attention on [member="Zeke Farthen"] , Gray said, " Good stuff you got here. Need to get some for myself some time. As far as the ships go, we are needing something focused on speed and defense rather than offensive power. Castamere was rough on us and we were just lucky that the size of our ship could handle what was thrown at us. We won't be so lucky all of the time, and that is why I came to you. I want the best for my clan, and MandalMotors is the best Mandalorian shipwright. Think of it as my vote of confidence in your products and wanting to give you a challenge on building an even better ship." With that said he took another drink. He really was going to need to find out where he got this stuff from.

Orn'om

O
"Consider the challenge excepted," Zeke said with a grin. "However there would be some paperwork you need to fill out for a contract like this. We don't usually offer our services to create custom shiplines for specific clans, especially with the head of House Skirata owning the company. Its so it doesn't seem to the other Houses and Clans that Skiratra isn't showing favoritism to those outside its House."

He slid over a datapad with dozens of digital pages loaded and ready to be signed. "Whatever the design you acknowledge that MandaMotors has full rights over its production and sale, ensuring that this is a product with you in mind but we as MandalMotors are free to do what we wish with the design."

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom