Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lover's Gambit

Desmond C’artyom’s fiery red eyes swept the bar apprehensively. It was a finer establishment than most. With white table cloths covering the stands, great bawdy crystal chandeliers hanging from the roof, and even a stage for a small band to play. But, tonight. Tonight the bar was deathly silent and the rooms were lit by candle light alone. Desmond had rented out the entirety of the establishment, hoping to show off his wealth.

Though as the Chiss waited he began to worry a smidge. He looked to the personal servant and beckoned him over

“Another Corellian Hammer, make it a double,” Desmond stated dejectedly.

Sure enough the bartender arrived with his drink and placed it before Desmond. He stared into the liquor as if it might hold the meaning to his life. Finally Desmond lifted it to his lips, inhaling the pungent alcohol’s vapors, before finally downing the powerful drink in one quick gulp.

Desmond was adorned in a white three piece suit, and red undershirt. He felt the white contrasted nicely with his skin, while the red brought out the fire in his eyes. Desmond wiped a bit of liquor from the corner of his lips with his sleeve. By the force he was turning into a mess. She was a few minutes late and Desmond could scarcely handle himself. The liquor helped though, as the buzz finally set in and his head began swimming Desmond relaxed.

If the woman did not show, he always had his back up date. A nice tall bottle of brandy, slim in figure, but with a series of perfect curves.

[member="Zesiro"]

It had been several years since Zesiro had any real contact to anybody within the Empire. When Desmond contacted her out of the blue, it surprised her greatly. He invited her to join hi and she wasn't about to deny him this. What he intended though, she didn't know.

She had changed since her days with the Empire though. Her alignment within the Force being one as well as her seductive nature. That alone had gotten her into so much trouble, she had stopped doing it. It had taken time to do, but she had found a new life and followed that now. Even now though, she still missed some of what that old life had brought her. It wasn't something she actively sought out though.

His request was answered and she was on her way to see him now. Getting clearance to land had taken a little bit of convincing since her imperial codes were old, but it was granted. The speeder now took her to the restaurant that was one of the nicer ones she had heard of in her time. Never having been there, the empty area around it surprised her. Dropping her off, the speeder left her there standing alone in the light outside.

Taking a breath, the blond went up to the door which opened for her. She wore a dress that was a blue that almost matched her eyes. No jewelry, but a belt was around her dress which held her lightsaber. Her figure and form were the same as well as the way she walked. The change in her was the way she carried herself. There was a confidence that wouldn't have been there when they last met.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Desmond heard the door open and his heart skipped a beat. She was here. Desmond shot out of his seat, ran a hand through his hair, smoothed his eyebrows with his index and thumb, and adjusted his white tie a bit. Confident he was looking his best Desmond made his way to the entrance. He was still a little buzzed, but he walked straight and narrow. It would take more than a little alcohol to get Desmond slurring.

Boosted by liquid courage, proof of his own wealth, and the good looking suit he wore Desmond walked with a swagger in his step. When Zesiro agreed to meet him Desmond was giddy with glee. While they had not specifically called it a date, Desmond was confident he could woo her over. Now that glee returned and a large toothy smile framed Desmond’s face.

He made it to the entrance and his jaw dropped. Zesiro was dressed in a form fitting blue dress that complimented her curves nicely. Her piercing blue eyes were like that of the oceans and Desmond felt himself lost at sea. Her long blonde hair flowed like silk from her head, her tulip petal shaped lips framed perfectly by a porcelain face sculpted by gods. Desmond almost fainted. He consciously closed his mouth and approached Zesiro.

Attempting to embrace her in a hug Desmond said “It’s been ages Zesiro. Where have you been?” He asked casually than would guide her towards their table.

[member="Zesiro"]

The look on his face after almost four years was practically priceless, Desmond acted as if he was surprised by her look. One of the last times they had seen each other, she had been wearing a black dress of a similar nature. As Zesiro remembered things, she owed him twice now for saving her life. Back then though, she had been so young and naïve, practically uncultured and certainly acted like a child.

She did accept the embrace and his guiding hand to the table that was set for them. He asked where she has been all this time and she wondered why he asked.

"Well, for a long time I was with the Ren, but then I just ran away and disappeared. I'm not actually sure where I lived for so long, then I travelled through sith space, but didn't stay there. You are still with the Empire? Has that been treating you well then?"

It was a simple and honest answer. Not too much and not enough for him to trace where she had been hiding for three years.

Desmond felt her hand slide into his own as he guided her to the table. It was soft like silk sheets, it felt wrong in his course rough hands. He was to used to the grip of a blaster or the yoke of a starfighter. Still he was happy it was there, her touch seemed to settle his racing heart. He smiled at her and released her hand, pulling the seat out from the table for her to sit. He listened to her intently as she spoke of joining the ren, then wandering space. It then stuck Des that Zesiro was quiet the free spirit and he was unsure she would find his proposal of her going out with him as appealing.

Still he’d try his damndest, he felt she was worth more than a shot. He sat down at the opposite end of the table and simply stared at her for a moment, calculating the risk and rewards of bringing Zesiro into this place with himself. Desmond finally decided on a plan, but first deigned to answers Zes’s question. “Yes i’ve been with the Empire for some time now, i’ve been promoted several times whilst you were away, but there’s something I must confess…” Desmond began, unsure as to how well this would play out.

[member="Zesiro"]

Wondering what this all about, Zesiro took the offered seat and waited for Desmond to take his. He caressed her with his gaze and remained silent for a few moments. In answering her question, she gave him a true smile, but had the feeling he didn't invite her here for a simple catch up of the old days and find out what had been going on since.

"You were with the Empire even before we met and that was what like five years ago or something?"

That night on Endor. It was a couple of days she would never forget. ​Back then she had been foolish, weak and childish. Not that she was much stronger, but she was no longer a coward. In the following years that she been away from the Empire, Zesiro had ended up breaking up with Mylo and in the end spent a year with Kyrel. The Vaderlike Ren that had been there. That was the first time Desmond had saved her life and not the last.

"Congratulations, Desmond. You've earned them all."

He said he wanted to confess something. Giving him a totally open and curious look, one of her eyebrows lifted. ​

"What is that?"

Before Desmond could ask Zesiro to commit she needed to know the full implications of his predicament. He let out a long sigh as he was unsure how to begin. Desmond reached into his jacket pocket and withdrew a small tin. Inside their was a few pre rolled cigarettes. He stuck one in his mouth and put the tin back in his white coat. He reached into his pants pockets and pulled out some matches. He struck one and lit the smoke, he felt like he’d need it.

“Zesiro I am a clone with the old Desmond’s memories embedded within myself,” He paused to let the news sink in “I have died a multitude of times and each time they build me a new body…” Desmond finished, his fiery red gaze searching Zesiro’s face for any sign of distress.

He decided to continue and press his luck. “The truth is I invited you here today to ask you to stay with me. In the Empire. As an item,” Desmond shifted in his seat uncomfortably and fingered his collar nervously. “Despite my predicament I will promise never die again, for you’ll be more than enough reason to keep me alive…” Desmond said quietly as he shifted his gaze from Zesiro and stared at nothing in particular.

[member="Zesiro"]

He seemed bothered by something and it must have to do with the answer to the question Zesiro had asked. Taking a tin out, he lit for himself a cigarette and took a few puffs off of it before speaking again. What he told her was something he had told her long ago. He was a clone of the original Desmond C'artyom and had died several times in the line of duty. Each time a new body was made him for him and his memories implanted into it when it was ready.

What he asked after saying that practically floored her. Never in her life did she ever expect to hear that question from him. Every time they had met in the past, she had been with a partner. Now it was different, Zesiro had none currently. Back then she wouldn't have thought about settling down with just one person, but now she had changed. It was part of her growing up she had done while in hiding and seclusion from everybody she knew.

"Desmond, you shouldn't make a promise like that if there's even a chance you can't keep it."

Her tone was gentle, but​ honest with him. Then she fell silent to think of those past meetings. He had done his job, but had also taken care of her at the same time. Not one word was ever raised in anger at her and his violence was directed at their enemies. Yes, she could see herself with him and she nodded.

"Yes, I'd like to give us a chance."

Desmond averted his gaze as Zesiro processed the bombshell he had just laid on her. It seemed she was not so much surprised he was a clone, but more of simply that she was unsure as to whether or not she'd like to settle down yet. Desmond brought the cigarette back up to his chapped lips and inhaled deeply. He released the smoke and regarded Zesiro again. He was determined to look her in the eye, no matter what she said. But, Desmond knew if she were to say no as he lost himself adrift in her sea blue eyes he might never return. There was something about Zesiro that just felt right to Des. She spoke softly and soothingly, her sing song voice strumming a new beat on his heart strings with every syllable she said.

"Desmond, you shouldn't make a promise like that if there's even a chance you can't keep it."

She uttered softly and Desmond’s subdued stare turned to one of fiery passion.

“Zesiro I promise that every part of me will always be the Desmond you see here. I will never die again. If you’d just say yes, I could find the strength to beat any odds. After all, there’s one thing none of those other Desmond’s had, and that’s you,”

Desmond spoke softly, but his words carried the weight of his heavy heart behind them. He finished speaking with a weak smile and he reached out to grab Zesiro’s hand.

"Yes, I'd like to give us a chance." Zesiro said and Desmond let out a breath he hadn't even realized he had been holding.

Desmond’s small smile grew into a cheshire grin. One that seemed to split his face almost completely in half. Still smiling like a fool Desmond waved the servant over

“A bottle of your most expensive champagne,” Des ordered merrily and the Servant bowed abruptly.

This called for a celebration! Moments later the waiter came back with a tall bottle, resting in a bucket of ice. Desmond removed the bottle and poured both Zesiro and himself a large glass of the fine sparkling wine. Desmond set the bottle back in the bucket and the servant waltzed away with it. Desmond’s hand went to his wine glass and he raised it

“What should we cheers to?” He asked Zesiro playfully

[member="Zesiro"]

Perfectly aware his physical body might die, but that his memory was stored on a chip that could be put into a new clone. So in that way he wouldn't die. Same mind, personality, memories...just a different body. In fact, Zesiro imagined that chip could go into any item that had a location for one. Not wanting to think about that right now, she pushed it from her mind.

When she did give her answer, there was a visible release from Desmond and then he motioned the server over with champagne. Holding his hand, she returned his smile. Accepting the wine glass from him, she lifted hers with his. He asked what they should toast to and she shook her head. Giving him a half smile, she blinked her eyes for a moment before answering.

"I'd say the future, but we make that ourselves. What do you what toast to?"

With her answer, this meant Zesiro would be returning to the Empire. It was one place she had never thought she would return to, but had missed it more than anything.

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond felt her soft hand between his calloused fingers. He felt like he could conquer the world with one hand, just so long as she continued to hold the other. By reaching out and taking her, they had agreed to the beginning of a journey together. One that Desmond eagerly awaited. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ever since that first kiss so long ago, he had visited a hundred planets, and lived a dozen different lives, but nothing had compared to the time his lips had met hers, the girl of his dreams. From that moment on Desmond knew that his love for her would last forever. But, finally he had her. Their journey together had begun and yet Zesiro seemed at a loss for words. Desmond merely smiled as he caressed her hand with his thumb. He raised his glass [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“To growing old together,” He said simply. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Then he pressed the glass to his lips and took a few sips from the expensive wine. Desmond put the glass down and stared at Zesiro for a moment. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I got you a gift,” He said bashfully. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Then with a snap of his fingers the servant would bow again and head into the back of the restaurant. He came back shortly afterwards, but this time followed by a youngman with a Xantha. The young man took up the stage and began to sing in a sweet falsetto.[/SIZE]

[media]https://youtu.be/Ecx66NV93RA[/media]
[SIZE=11pt]Desmond smiled as the boy sang then regarded Zesiro.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“What do you think?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="Zesiro"][/SIZE]

"To growing old together."

Returning the toast, Zesiro took a sip of her drink at the same time. She set the glass down and looked at Desmond.

What had drawn him to her, she didn't know. They had met something like five years ago and in that time, she had only really been happy when she had been within the Empire. Perhaps it was fate that she would spend her days in it. Within the arms of Desmond.

Looking at him curious when he said he gotten her a gift, she turned her attention to the performer and his song.

"I think it's fitting. Where do we go from here?"

For a moment, her heart skipped a beat or felt like it. In the last three years, Zesiro had learned to live on her own and had grown up. However, a blanket of security was offered by him, one she didn't currently have. One question nagged at her slightly. Was she grown up enough for this? A little self doubt filled her, but time would tell.

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond watched as Zesiro accepted the toast. It was just another reason he couldn't die again. Because he wanted to grow old with her. If he kept dying he’d stay young forever and Desmond couldn't bare to see Zesiro grow old and die, he couldn’t stand the thought of living a day without her in it. Today, tomorrow, for forever he would always love her. That was one thing that would never change. But, a small voice whispered to him from the back of his mind. Desmond’s face contorted slightly as dark thoughts began to worm their way into his head. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As long as you live in the Empire you will never truly be able to rest in piece. They will keep remaking you. Even if you do live, once you reach a certain age they’ll yank the memory chip out of this body and leave it a vegetable. Zesiro would grow old and die and you will be forced to continue to fight for the Empire. Forever. Alone...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond shook these thoughts away as the boy began to sing. Whatever was to happen Desmond would worry about it later. Right now it was just he and Zesiro. The song was a melodious romantic one that stated his feelings plain and true. Desmond’s worried look was replaced by a cheshire grin as he let it’s soothing chorus carry him away. The song came to an end and Desmond asked Zesiro what she thought. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"I think it's fitting. Where do we go from here?" Zesiro responded. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond patted his stomach and it let out a growl in response. “Now we eat!” He exclaimed merrily.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The waiter approached and Desmond gave the man the same lopsided grin. “I’ll take a Prime Bantha Steak with a side of corellian mashed potatoes,”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The waiter nodded and turned to Zesiro. “And for you miss?”[/SIZE]

For a short time, it almost seemed Desmond was in a daze or thinking really hard about something. That faded though and his attention returned to the present. After she spoke, he answered that it was dinner time and ordered dinner. With a chuckle, Zesiro shook her head.

"Do guys always think with their stomach?"

The question wasn't real and full of humor. Looking at the server, she picked up the menu and ended up just ordering the same thing Desmond had. Giving him the menu, she looked over at Desmond again.

"I didn't mean just for dinner when I asked that question. As you know I've been hiding out for a while. I made a home, got a job and have a daughter."

Breaking eye contact with him, Zesiro didn't want to see the look on his face when she delivered that last part.

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond eyed Zesiro curiously as she seemed to become more serious. She wanted to say something very important, that much was clear. He leaned in intently as she spoke and smiled. Whatever she had to say he was sure he could handle. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"I didn't mean just for dinner when I asked that question. As you know I've been hiding out for a while. I made a home, got a job and have a daughter."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]There it was, her big bomb shell and yet Desmond still loved her no less. He was a strong man not opposed to stepping up to the plate to finish what another started.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Zesiro not all families match in shape or size, but that doesn't mean you can't love them all the same,” He rubbed his head as he thought about raising a child in the Empire. Such a feat was not desirable at all. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I have something to confess to you as well…” He paused as he thought about how to say what needed to be said. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“You asked what comes next and the truth is it scares me to think about, but it’s something i’m certain of. We cannot stay in the Empire. When next I am shipped out I will leave the battle. Afterwards I will find you again and we can run away together,”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]That was it. It was all out there. Just when Zesiro thought she was safe again Desmond was asking her to put it all on the line again. Now he patiently awaited Zesiro’s own response.[/SIZE]

He didn't reject her when she told him of her daughter and she looked back at him. Relief showed clearly on her face and Zesiro let out a breath she hadn't even known she was holding. Giving him a small, but real smile, she listened to what Desmond said. He accepted her and her daughter that not all families match in certain aspects all the time.

What he said next came as a real surprise. He didn't want to stay with the Empire. The reason was unknown to her, but she could comprehend the sentiment. She hadn't been there for several years herself.

"If you get away. Don't you think they would hunt you down? I didn't have any rank or power, so was a nobody. You're something to them and will be labeled a traitor. Could always go hide where I've been hiding for the past three years."

A small location within a greater faction that left them alone. Providing a safe place to hide and lay low. It had been perfect for Zesiro, maybe it would be for him too. That would be up to him.

"Where are we going to meet up when you leave?"

Accepting his choice in stride, she needed to make plans now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom