Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lonely Jedi Padawan

Jake had been wondering if he would get a new master soon. it had been almost 6 months Since Master Rein had perished. She had gone off on a solo mission, which had been given by the Jedi council, he was never told any of the details, except that she had died while saving a group of slaves and prisoners, held by the Imperial Remnant as a bargaining chip for a planet they had set their eyes on. Jake remembered his emotions that day. He had, for one of the first times in his life, been angry. Hi was angry at the Imperials, angry that the counsel had Sent his master on the mission alone, angry that he couldn't have been there to have his master's back like always. Oh how he missed her; here sarcastic remarks, her wise teachings, he even missed her punishing him for the mistakes he had made. But most of all, he missed her as a friend. He missed her advice. He missed the good times they had together. A month after she had died he knew that she wouldn't want him wasting time moping around because of her death. He chose to study the Ysalamiri to occupy his time. He studied the creatures for their abilities, The main one being the bubble they had created around themselves, an area completely void of the force. He wondered how a creature could live without being in touch with the force, how any creature could survive in an area void of the force. He found his answers and cataloged them down in the archives. In completing this task he now had 2 new secret force abilities he never knew existed. He opened his eyes to look at his surroundings.

He was in the center of the Jedi Temple meditating on his emotions, trying to test his abilities, to improve his connection to the force. He never stopped giving his best effort. If he did anything less he would have deemed himself a failure. This work ethic made him a very promising student in the eyes of the masters of the Jedi Council, one of the most promising they had seen in years; sadly though, with his master's death, they could not promote him to the rank of Jedi Knight. His training was not yet complete. What he needed now was a new master, all they could do was wait.

[member="Jake cabur tor"]
Dzehyms wondered why he was here, in a large temple, belonging to the Jedi, as one of the locals told him. He had met a Jedi once, during his travels with the , but they never truly spoke. He couldn't seem to stop anyone to ask about the place, everyone said they were too busy or had important studies to attend, but no one seemed to mind him being there. He continued walking the great temple, admiring the architecture, when he came a cross someone who looked closer to his age, meditating. Dzehyms approached him, at first wondering if he shouldn't interrupt, but something told him that this person could answer his questions. "Excuse me?" He gave a polite cough, "M-master jedi, I was wondering if, uh, you would spare a moment of your time to answer a few question?" Dzehyms noticed the long lightsaber handle at the man's side, and hoped that Jedi did not show them off. He brushed the scar on his face, and swallowed.

He turned and looked at the new arrival and smiled. "Well, I'm not a Jedi master yet, but i do have quite a bit of time to answer questions for you." He thought why is this visitor in the Jedi temple. He seemed intimidated as if overwhelmed by the sights and sounds of the Jedi Temple. He thought back to his first days in the temple and how he felt the same way when he had first entered the temple himself. "Ask away my friend," he said "don't be scared. I don't bite."

@Dzehyms

Dzehyms gave a sigh of relief, this Jedi seemed slightly more patient with him than the others. "Well, to be perfectly honest, you're the first Jedi I've ever really spoken to, what is it your order does? I've seen some with the republic, but they usually are giving orders or charging battlefiel-" He stopped himself from rambling, "I'm Dzehyms, by the way, Dzehyms Arrin." He reached his hand out, "It's nice to meet you."

"Jake" he responded taking the man's hand. "Please take a seat." He said motioning to the bench to his side as he sat down. "we jedi do a lot more than what most of the population thinks. We are sometimes on the front lines of a battlefield, sometimes behind enemy lines, and sometimes we even work helping those who cannot help themselves." He replied vaguely. "We have the ability to use the force and allow it to use us to keep the balance between good and evil. Everything is touched and effected by the force, and we draw on it's strength to help us keep the balance." He smiled, thankful for the distraction from his thoughts this stranger had given him. It was like a load had been lifted off of his shoulders. @Dzehyms

Dzehyms sat and listened, this wasn't his first time hearing about the Force, but only had a vague idea of what it was. "Everything is touched by the Force? And Can anyone become a Jedi? What sort of strength would the force give?" Dzeyhms asked many questions, it was the way he was, since he was a child. Dzehyms wondered if the force had ever taken notice of him. "Is the force itself a living being? [member="Jake cabur tor"]

"Woah, slow down." he laughed as the questions were thrown at him. " The force is a part of every living thing. It flows throughout the universe. No, sadly not everyone can be a jedi because of the difference in force sensitivity from person to person." He clasped his hands together interlocking his fingers before continuing. "The force can grant many different strengths to people; extremely fast reflexes, a insight to how other people are feeling, and sometimes knowledge of where an object has been through a touch. All of these abilities are quite rare to find outside of force training though, and all show a strong connection to the force."

@Dzehyms

Dzehymd thought about this, "Hmm, very interesting...." He stared off for a moment. "Is creating lightning a common ability?" He had seen a demonstration before, the event left him more terrified than he had ever been in his life. "I... 'knew' a man once who could conjur lightning from his fingertips. He fought with a saber too... but he wasn't a jedi." Dzehyms's hand's clasped together, he frowned, and then looked at Jake. "He didn't.. feel like a jedi, at least... I never really thought about it before today, but he felt... wrong. You Jedi feel... more at peace, I guess?" Dzehyms wasn't used to talking about the way that people felt to him, he scratched his face and looked to the floor, slightly embarrassed.

"That man was most likely a sith." Jake stated. "The sith are quite powerful with the force, and most of them are hungry for power. The easiest way for someone to feel powerful is to control someone through fear." Jake stood up as if he ws angry. "Did you see the reason why the man used lightning? When and where was this taking place? Was it because of a woman with a green lightsaber attacking him?" Jake wanted to know if this being had killed his master. He didn't mean to get so worked up, but it just seemed to happen. " I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I lost my master while she was on a solo mission. It was six months ago, and I am afraid I never quite got over it. please forgive my rash outburst. You don't have to answer my questions if you don't feel like it." he paused for a moment. " Did you say he felt wrong? As in different, angry, full of hate? Can you tell how people feel, or their personality without speeking to them?"

@Dzehyms

Dzehyms edged back as Jake flung questions at him, he didn't like talking about the event, but jake seemed even more upset than he by the news. When he heard about Jake's master, he felt sympathy toward Jake. "Its alright, I understand how you feel..." Dzehyms looked down at his feet. "He... this 'sith' tortured my family and I." Dzehyms thought about what Jake said about feeling other people's personalities. "He liked torturing me the most.. kept saying how he'd 'turn me over' eventually." He almost heard their screams again. "I-I'm sorry about your Master. No, she was not involved, this would've been about... 3 years ago? I've been wandering from system to system since then." Dzehyms sat back on the bench and crossed his legs. "Yes, he felt like... a hurricane... like something that was primal..."

As to whether Dzehyms could tell how people felt, he shrugged, "I'm just good at figuring people out..." When jake apologized for his outburst, Dzehyms shook his head. "Its been years, and I'm still not over my mother and Sister's deaths. There's no shame in grieving, especially after such a short time. " He did not know how Jedi took revenge, but Dzehyms added, "The man... he's dead now."

"Sorry for your loss." He sat back down. "I think you might be force sensitive, because of the way you said you figure people out. The Sith said he would win you over." Jake paused to think for a moment. " You do seem a little bit old for Jedi training, but you are no doubt force sensitive. Maybe you can train to become a Jedi. It would be up to the council of course, and the path of the jedi is no easy task." He smiled at the thought of finding a force sensitive even as close to the temple as inside the main hall. " I can request that you be tested and brought into the order if you would like."

Dzehyms crossed his arms. The idea intrigued him, he did leave his father to seek a higher purpose, but he wasn't sure. "I'm afraid that I can't give an answer right now, there's... a lot that I don't know, about myself, about the Galaxy." He rubbed his scar, "Don't take it the wrong way, perhaps someday I'll look into your order. But I have a lot of... grief and a lot of anger, and sadness." Dzehyms stood up, looking around the temple and noticing students and masters all talking, meditating, studying, a few of the less stern looking Jedi even laughed. "From what I can tell, you all certainly have a lot self control, its refreshing." He leaned against a pillar, and a smile crossed his face, "You know, I've been going from planet to planet fro a few years now.... trying to find a place that will help me, I don't know, find myself."

Dzehyms looked directly at Jake, "Perhaps you Jedi could guide me... Is there anywhere in the Galaxy you'd suggest to take some time away from everything?"

"This is a great place to renew your mind, and refresh your way of thinking, but i don't think that is what you had in mind." Jake stood up as well. "I haven't been to many places recently that aren't under the strain of war. I have heard that there are some decent recreational centers on Coruscant though, if that helps you out." he paused. "Sorry I'm not the greatest at information on hot spots to relax, it's probably because I keep myself busy most of the time. I have heard that there are going to be some podraces on Tattoine in a week or so."

@Dzehyms

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom