Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little Tinkering (Cerasi Kent)

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
It was sometime after the feast as night came. Michael found himself walking Ka'ra Keldab's halls, trying to remember more of his childhood. His parents had been so excited that the homestead was nearly finished, and now here it was done. Did they live to see it finished, or had he come back to interrupt that part of their lives? His cybernetic arm ached, it wasn't fit to his body correctly, they just threw it on, and had him on his way. Damn Five Dunes tournament nearly killed him. Now he had cybernetic fibers in the shoulder of his flesh and bone too. The foot he had shot himself had bare minimum feeling too. His body as a whole ached still, what a way for a alor to be.

Rotating the cuff of his cybernetic shoulder, trying to get rid of the pain, only made him wince in more pain. Damn, these guys really karked up, but what was to be expected of underground doctors of the Hutt Cartel? Luckily, they got his shoulder correct, that was good, in fact it felt better than before. A few members of the clan were still awake, drinking, and conversing with one another, but most were now asleep, work came fast tomorrow. Jezza had showed him to the barrack, everyone there slept in bunk beds military style. Nothing new to Michael, probably a better night's rest than the filth he sometimes found himself in as a freelancer.

But he had opted to stay awake, and venture.

[member="Cerasi Kent"]

Cerasi couldn't sleep. The feast to welcome the new alor went amazing. The food was delicious, as always, and the friendly banter was friendly. Their clan was small, but still as close as any of the more major aliit. Cerasi should be in the barracks, with the others as they laughed off their drink. She talked for a bit, but soon found herself staring up at the ceiling on the top bunk. After 10 minutes, she climbed down to ground level and walked out into the night. The halls were quiet, save for the occasional bout of chatter and laughter here and there.

Sighing, she shoved her hands into the pockets of her cloaked-vest. She needed some fresh air to clear her wandering mind. So much had happened this week. Her brother returned as the new alor, but sick with amnesia. She realized that she probably definitely did have a liking for the alor'ad. Her hand raised to pinch the bridge of her nose. She closed her eyes. Too many thoughts. Suddenly, she felt a bump from in front of her, and she opened her eyes to realize she had run into none other but Michael. She both breathed a small sigh of happiness, and tensed in worry. Did he still forget her.

"Oh, Alor," she greeted, pushing her blue bangs away from her eyes. She felt a slight sting in her conscious that she did not greet him as vod, but as a more respectful tone. "I didn't see you there." She lowered her hand and blinked, noticing her had his hand on his mechanical shoulder. "Is everything alright?"

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Cerasi Kent"]

It didn't take long for Michael to find company, though it bumped into him. The man as average height, but solid muscle through and through. Something his parents shoved into his skull time and time again. But who would have stumbled into him? Cerasi of course, though, he wasn't sure it was going to be okay with them alone. He found it to be awkward, and didn't know how to place his words.

"Michael, call me Michael. Are you okay, Cerasi?"

He didn't like being called alor, even if it was his position. Michael wanted these people to know he was just like them, someone trying to survive this galaxy. Once more, he winced as his arm stung. Cerasi noticed it, and now he was stuck. When she had asked earlier today, he didn't want to talk about it, but now there was no getting around it.

"I lost it on a job, a jetii took it...well....a door took it. Before I got here, I was in a tournament, lost the original cybernetic arm...they replaced it. It's not the right size, or fit. It hurts, a lot. I did well to hide it earlier today, but..."

With a slight twist, and a snapping sound, the arm came off. Relief came in a cooling breeze as it felt the wind blew throughout the homestead.

"Cerasi...I know...I know it hurts that I dont remember everything...and I am sorry...I want to remember though."

Cerasi listened as Michael recalled his story with his arm. A door? She was a little disappointed. Out of all of the things he could have lost it to, it had to be an inanimate everyday object. "Must have been a strong door." She mused with a slight chuckle, but the laugh wasn't at all humorous. She was really worried, and really sad that all of that had happened. When Michael apologized for not remembering, Cerasi's heart broke with each crack in his voice. Surging forward, she pressed herself into him, wrapping her arms around his chest.

They had grown up, that much was true. But the top of her head still fit perfectly under his chin. "It's ok. It's all going to be okay. It's fine that you don't remember right away. That's why I'm going to help you get your memories back. And then we'll make new memories." She gave one tight squeeze before steeping back, staring up into his blue eyes. "Besides, I can help you with your arm."

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Cerasi Kent"]

As she cracked a joke about the door, it made him feel a little better about the whole situation as a whole and he chuckled with her. It was funny. Then she wrapped herself around him, and the feeling felt...familiar. Instincts kicked in, and his own arms wrapped around her, threatening to swallow her as he gave her a small squeeze. Michael didn't want to hurt this woman, something about her made him protective over her. His face found itself in her hair, and a small breath gave to a new form a remembering, the smell was intoxicating.

"I will remember, one day."

She let go, and something screamed that wasn't what he wanted her to do. Michael blinked for a second, then came back to as she spoke on helping fix his arm.

"Can you? Really? This is crappy material, but what can one expect from the Hutts...I would greatly appreciate it Cerasi."

She nodded. "I have a workshop. Come." She turned, making her way outside the hall. She walked along the paths, the road partially hidden in the dark, but she had the route memorized. How many steps to take, where to turn based on time passed and speed walking. The light above the door was on. She had it set to always turn on at night. The door slid open and she turned on the interior light. Inside was a typical mechanic's workshop. The room was divided into two, the first room containing work tables filled with metal parts and gears, long benches, a wall covered in blueprints. The wall opposite to the door was a wall made of shelves. The one gap between storage racks was covered in a sheet.

"Just make yourself at home." She called over her shoulder as she disappeared through the hanging sheet. There was the sound of metal clanging and a trill of happy beeps. Cerasi appeared again, her arms filled with a box full of mechanical arms. An R6 droid followed. "I mainly do work on ships, droids." She began, setting the box on the main work table. One could tell it was the main one because it was set in the centre of the room, not along the walls like the others. A large light on a moving arm hung above it. It was more organized too. "But I like to dabble in prosthetics."

She began emptying the box, laying out the arms one by one. "Just pick the ones you like. I can mix and match too. Oh! And I can put in some fun little toys."

[member="Michael Shado"]

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Cerasi Kent"]

As he followed her, the darkness of the path covered his eyes in blinding nothingness only to be able to see again once his eyes adjusted to it. Michael followed the woman from his past, trusting her to be able to lead the way till they reached the desired destination. When they entered and the lights were turned on, he was amazed. Many concepts, and obvious hours spent in engineering surrounded him. Doing as he was told, he took a stool, and sat on it, waiting for her as she disappeared, then reappeared with a box. As she laid out each arm she had worked on, his eyes watched closely. Usually, for the most part, people didn't get arms that fit their bodies properly, they looked awkward, and alien.

Michael wanted one that would fit his body, and his needs.

His hands ran over each of them, some where light weight, while others were heavier, and even looked as if they had some form of muscle to them. The Mando couldn't choose, it was too much, and he didn't know what was best in his case.

"Surprise me then, Cerasi."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom