Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Jedi will not take revenge...

iridonia_by_corvusraaf-d8r8wq9.jpg

Objective: Understand a few things
Theme: I won’t cry for yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_F4HqAeBbw

‘What has happened to it all?
Crazy, some are saying
Where is the life I recognise?
Gone away.

But I won’t cry for yesterday
There’s an ordinary world
Somewhere I have to find
And as I try to make my way
To the ordinary world
I will learn to survive.’

Iridonia. Birthplace of Darth Maul and until a matter of days ago, of no more consequence to Corvus than that. But since then, two things had happened.

Firstly the One Sith had invaded. But then they’d invaded a lot of planets and the Republic did not have the necessary resources to combat their occupation.

Secondly, Corvus had attended the funeral of her good friend Nyx. And in a moment of quiet reflection – as she’d shunned company during the service – that old thing called Farseeing had affected her. The Holocrons say it is common when a Jedi is so focused on the here and now that they get a vision. But Corvus had two. Neither could be truly labelled visions it had to be said. She got glimpses – no more. The first was of her sister – and she was dressed like a Jedi. In fact she looked much like Corvus, only the blonde hair sticking out from the hood differentiated her. And she was on a planet that gave enough clues as to its name.

The other image was of a Sith. Someone she recognised. It was the one that killed Nyx. She saw her standing atop rubble. Was she there to kill Melori? Maybe? The woman seemed more powerful than the time they met. She didn’t know how she knew or why she felt it – but she did.

So, with no aspirations she would save the planet but every expectation she would find answers, Corvus entered the atmosphere of the planet. She headed to Wortan – a major city built on the Aro River – that offered Ferronconcrete buildings and a natural canyon wall that housed a series of natural and artificial tunnels – many of which were connected to the exterior buildings by bridges. In particular she was aiming for Banol’s Maze – a labyrinth of collapsed tunnels and destroyed stores that survived the Mandalorian Wars and was primarily inhabited by criminals, swoop gangs and Jedi sympathisers. This is where she sensed both figures were.

So she followed the flow of the river Aro to navigate the Aro-voa canyon. She knew the city was at a much wider spot and as she approached it she realised it was in fact very wide here - maybe two kilometres across.

The city was effectively in three parts. The most visible were the new Ferronconcrete buildings - but these were in the centre of the city and only numbered a few blocks and were adjacent to the south wall of the canyon. The largest inhabited part of the city was built into the canyon itself - but neither of these was of concern to her. So she landed close to the part of the city that appeared to be little more than rubble.

Glancing out of the cockpit, she wondered if she were on a fool’s errand. She could not feel her sister’s presence at all and wondered if she should simply take-off and leave. But there was something holding her here. She’d had to deal with a lot of personal issues lately and had to remember she was a Jedi. She was a guardian of peace in the galaxy. This could never be a personal mission – she wasn’t here for Melori, or Nyx or even herself. She was here for anyone…for everyone.

‘Every one
Is my world, I will learn to survive
Any one
Is my world, I will learn to survive
Any one
Is my world
Every one
Is my world.’

[member="Vrag"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom