Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A heavy burden to shoulder

It was a small apartment, on a world far from war and strife. Looking about she could see just how messy it was, and even though it hadn't been; or at least she was sure it hadn't been ransacked. Red hues ran along the small sitting room that lead to a modest kitchen. It was a far cry from the Palace of Naboo that was to be sure. Though she had ensured that she found a means to enter the small apartment, mainly under the guise of a guest of the young woman whom lived in the domicile.

All it took was a few fluttering eye lashes and a deep breath to get the simple minded building attendant to provide an entrance to the small home. From there it was merely a simple act in the art of patience and waiting. Taking a soft breath, she had found a small window to look out upon the city that spanned out before her.

For her it had been difficult, having to hide in the Outer Rim, though she had found others of a like mind out in the Darkness. Even with the distance she had to keep, she felt it would be safe enough for a quick visit before she disappeared once more. Her ears perked up as she heard the door opening, bringing her attention upon it.
Turning in place, her white hair slowly fell upon her shoulders. Red hues peering at those entering the small home as her arms crossed beneath her bust. A soft smile that was reminiscent of her own mother's crossed her lips.
"Welcome home."
[member="Felicity Mason"]
[member="Owain"]

They were home. For now. She had planned to move back in with her Father now that Mother was gone. She had to. Who knew what her father would do without Mother to keep him sane? And Celeste needed someone to keep an eye on her as well. Uncle B could only do so much, after all. But it would hurt. She had not seen the ghost of her mother, but she saw pictures of her, little reminders everywhere. A book that she'd taken from the library still sitting on a table in the study, a vase of flowers dying in the hall that she had not been around to replace, even a tiny wrinkle in the sitting room carpet that her foot had made weeks ago. And it seemed like nobody had thought to disturb any of this. Felicity certainly did not dare to. It was as if the entire castle died as well.

This trip would likely be the last trip back to this apartment. They'd pack everything this time and head back to Imerria. Maybe then they'd get married. Maybe they'd have their own children. Or maybe they wouldn't. Felicity no longer had plans. She'd been expecting her mother to be around, at least to see her wedding. Or at least long enough to help her plan...

As the couple silently walked in, the sleeping baby nestled against her shoulder, they were caught first by the unlocked door. They'd locked it when they left. Felicity knew they did. She remembered specifically. They never left without locking it. Then there was the light that was already on. And the mess.

Someone had been in here. Probably still was. Who? Why? Felicity clutched the baby close to her chest, taking a step back, slowly, careful. Then the voice stopped her feet dead.

"Almira! What are you doing here?"

She sounded scared, and that's because she was. For many reasons. Someone had been in their apartment. searching for something, by the looks of things. And she had her doubts that Almira had been the one to tear their apartment up like this. And on the subject of Almira... why was she here? Was she here for the baby? That thought made Felicity held the child closer. Her child. She couldn't give her back. Not now. Not after she already loved her. Not right after losing Mother. She wouldn't lose her too. She refused.

[member="Owain"] [member="Almira Magrath"]

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
Owain had been respectfully silent during their journey. But this was beginning to worry him. Felicity was withdrawing into herself again. Just like after Naboo. But this time, any flippancy from himw ould be met with violence. Her mother had died for Force's sake. There's no way to make light of that. SHe was going to have to come to terms with it on her own. He would not intefere unless she asked him. SO far, she hadn't. Foolish stubborn songbird. So frustrating. So lovable. The boy sighed as they reached their old apartment, noting how Felicity suddenly tensed up as a voice called to them.

"Someone you know?" he asked casually, his hand straying to his knife.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Almira Magrath"]

Owains voice startled her. She hadn't heard much of it since Mother died. Was he avoiding her? Not in the physical sense, but in the emotional sense? Had she been abandoned? It did sort of feel like it. Perhaps at the end of this day, she'd have lost her mother, her child, and her lover. Wouldn't that be a way to round it all out?

"You've met before," she reminded him, "She is Zeldara's... birthmother."

She almost said mother. Almost but it didn't seem right. She was her mother now. The babe in her arms was her child, regardless of who had given birth. But.... If she asked for her back, how could Felicity refuse? She doubted Owain would refuse. He was so sensible...

A soft smile grew upon her lips as she saw just how protective Felicity had become. Her eyes upon her as the young woman cradled and pulled the swaddled child closer to her bosom. Stepping forward she brought her hand up slightly, her eyes falling upon the young man as she waved her hand slightly.
"There is no need for that Owain. I'm here for something else entirely."
She spoke before stepping down towards the couple standing near the door. Her eyes shifting back to Felicity as she approached before stopping before her. Her hand coming up and silently pointing, yet she did not merely point to the child she had given birth, she gestured to the trio in an entirety.
"I am here for all of you."
Standing silently for a moment, allowing a time to ensure that the information of her words sunk into their minds. Her arms slipped around behind her, hands clasping together as her hair flowed down over her shoulders and along her back. Red hues as vibrant as her mother's fell upon Felicity as she smiled softly.
"I am sure that this information was given to you, for the one whom sent me here was also at your side."
[member="Owain"]

Owain

Yeah, that sounded ominous. The youth drew his blade, keeping it in a reversed grip as he stepped in front of Felicity. This was stupid. He was going to die. This blonde brat was probably a space wizard too. Still...he could hardly run away now could he?

[member="Almira Magrath"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

The Duchess. Felicity remembered. While her Mother was dying. She came. A ghost? Maybe. Felicity was starting to become afraid that she could no longer distinguish reality and dream. She was haunted. Things came into the bedroom at night. Stood by her bedside. Whispered to her. She woke up screaming sometimes, her skull on fire-

"Owain, put the knife away," she ordered, some strength finding her voice again. She then turned to face her daughters... mother.

"She sent you? What is going on?"

Owain

Felicity stepped past him, scolding him like a misbehaving child. Huh...so he had misread the situation. Grumbling under his breath he straightened and sheathed his blade. "Yes dear," he replied ulkily but hoenstly.

Oh yeah, he was hers completely.

A soft chuckled escaped her lips as she saw how easily the young woman had trained her partner. A soft smile crossing her lips as she approached, her eyes falling upon the daughter she had given birth to, though fully knowing that the child was not hers anymore. Bowing her head slightly, her white hair shimmered softly in the dim light that crept through the window before she looked to Felicity.
"You may not have been born of our blood, yet you've certainly have the charm that the Magrath women have when it comes to their men."
Almira said before leaning her head forward, placing a kiss upon Felicity's forehead before she turned away for a moment. The heavy coat tails of her more form fitting battled ready gown cut through the air as she moved away from the family, approaching a simple chair that had been knocked over. Without a word she merely pulled it up right, taking a seat upon it as she crossed one leg over the other. Her hands coming up to rest upon her knee as she looked to Felicity.
"I've come to bring you home Sister. I said once many moons ago that you were, no you are a sister, my sister."
She smiled back on the thought, knowing that now Felicity was in the same spot that she had been in not too long ago, and yet it was going to be more difficult for Felicity. For Almira's mother had not passed, though she still felt the pain and anger, she still held some anger for being deceived by her own mother. Looking back to Felicity, she kept her eyes upon her, knowing that she would now more than ever need a family.
"The Duchess is returning."
Almira said with a soft smile, her red hues looking upon the large Nexu that had otherwise been crouched and silent, only to watch its spines upon its back raise as it began to purr at the simple phrase.
[member="Owain"]

Her eyes slid over to watch Owain when Magrath refereed to him. Was Owain easy to control? Was she even controlling him? She liked to think they were equals in this relationship. That they worked together. But maybe she was more like a slave master than a lover. That thought made her depresses. Well, more depressed than she was already.

At the words 'I've come to bring you home', Felicity moved closer to Owain, holding the baby over one shoulder with one hand, then with the other, she reached out to grab his hand. They already had a home. They were going to go back to Imerria, watch over Father, make sure he didn't completely lose it. Someone had to. Maybe watching his granddaughter grow would be distraction enough to prevent him from lashing out. Maybe. She had to try.
Her hand squeezed his tighter than ever.

"The Duchess is returning."

"WHAT!?"

The baby sleeping on her shoulder woke up, fussing and complaining, but not quite crying. She distinctly heard 'mama' in the midst of her babbling. She should feel overjoyed to hear her say a full word, but she was just a tiny bit distracted now.

[member="Almira Magrath"] [member="Owain"]

Owain

HIs Songbird was clutching his hand now, seeking reassurance. He squeezed back, suddenly grateful his hand hadn't strayed too far from his blade just yet. THe way this woman was talking...he knew. Oh yes, he knew that tone. That manner.

Plotter.

Betrayer.

Seducer.

Sith.

His eyes narrowed as he studied her, so confident, so at ease. So certain she had the situation under control. She was likely a space wizard, which meant she would be able to anticipate him. Maybe she could even read his thoughts. In which case, it was going to come down to his instincts. Felicity's startled response did not help matters. Only Sith alchemy brought people back from the dead. This woman - this fiend - was oozing danger and risk. The sooner they left her the better.

"Look, what do you want? If I wanted spooky proclamations of doom or whatever I'd watch a horror holo," he interrupted, rather rudely. Then again, that was what he was for. Felicity was the fierc, independent and polite one. He was the boor who cut to the heart of things. It was a duality that was still forming, but it tended to work.

Almira sat quietly, watching the two, seeing their responses play out upon their faces before their questions where brought forward. She could see that at least Felicity was confused, while the boy in his own right was still trying to show his strength and his ability to protect the woman next to him. A soft smile grew on Almira's lips as she brushed a stray strand of white hair from her face, pushing it back behind her ear.
"She's not dead."
"At least, in the sense of the word."
Her red hues flashed for a moment as she watched Owain, hearing his little complaint before she could smirk once more. Holding back her rather insulting comment for a moment as she returned her attention upon Felicity and the baby she held. Listening to its words before she let out a soft sigh, holding herself back from taking her child, yet she knew that the best place for the girl now was where she was, in the arms of Felicity.
"The death was faked. A means to try and bring out those whom would attack our family. A ploy to see if they would strike when our family was 'weakened' without the Duchess around. Nothing came of it, and now, The Duchess is returning."
[member="Felicity Mason"]​
[member="Owain"]​

Felicity gave her husb- no, boyfriend a warning look. He had a way of letting his temper get the better of him. Control was something he was going to need to learn if he'd be with her. Emotions were running high today, but if Felicity would follow in her Mothers footsteps, it would only get worse.

"What do you mean-"
But she stopped her question immediately. She knew exactly what it meant. Her mentors death had been faked. It was all a trick. She felt her face go hot. The ghost that she'd seen at her dying mothers bedside...

So I really am crazy.

She swallowed hard, squeezing Owains hand again.

"Take me to her."

Owain

His eyes narrowed dangerously. He really didn't like this whole situation. Felicity would know - space wizard like her would sense his distaste for all of this. But she wanted to go. What could he do?

"You're not going crazy."
Almira said with a soft smile, her eyes upon the young woman. Bringing her hand away from where it rest on her knee, her fingers ran along the soft fur of the Nexu, watching her mother's creature slowly stalk around her, picking up a familiar and old scent before she finally pressed her head against Almira's thigh.
"Nisal has been well taken care of."
She said before slowly standing, her hands running along her gown to brush out the wrinkles before looking to Felicity. Seeing the determination in her eyes, and the fire in her heat as a smile crossed her lips. It was only for a moment did her eyes drift upon Owain before she pulled back to Felicity.
"Not yet. She is still recovering, though you shall see her soon. If that is your desire."
[member="Owain"]

Her eyes flickered to Nisal. She... trusted her. It was a good sign. Not that Felicity was particularly concerned that her 'sister' would betray her. She'd heard it from the ghost herself. 'Go with her'. Her eyes flashed to Owain.

"You don't have to go with me," she said to Owain, "But I have to go. I want to go."

Owain

Owain sighed, still muttering under his breath. He knew he would fold to this, but he didn't have to like it. Resigned, he nodded. "You have to go, I have to go. I'm not leaving you Songbird. Not until you tell me to," the boy reminded her. Besides, the ghost of her mother could be watching.

Almira nodded softly, bowing her head as she ran her hand along Nisal's head before she moved slightly. Her hand reaching out and brushing against Felicity's cheek as she smiled upon the sister before her. Taking a moment, her hand ran across her gown to push out any additional wrinkles before she slipped around the young woman.
"You've a few moments to get yourselves ready for the trip. We're traveling to the edges of the Galaxy."
The white haired woman stepped towards the door, her hand stopping the Nexu to keep it from following her. There would be time enough on the vessel to become reacquainted with her mother's animal. Turning back to Felicity, she motioned slightly in the direction of the starport.
"There is a shuttle waiting. I'll be on it. Then we travel."
She took a moment before she turned to open the door, stepping forward as her last word was spoke.
"Yalara."
[member="Owain"]

Felicity snapped her fingers and the nexu came to her as her 'sister' left. She hugged the baby close. [member="Almira Magrath"] had hardly looked at the child. She calmed down when she realized that.

"I thought she was coming to take Zelda," she sighed, visibly relieved, when she left, "I thought I was going to have to fight her."

She pet Nisal on the head with one hand, while the other held the baby close.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Owain nodded, more to signify that he understood than anything. He didn't trust himself to speak. Felicity had made up her mind. She would travel to the end of the galaxy to see this duchess. And he, her ever loyal fool, would of course follow her despite his reservations. What else could he do? He had promised her. He loved her. And yet he was letting her wander into a trap. Some boyfriend he was. "I'll pack our things," he offered softly, moving into the apartment proper to collect what remained of their belongings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom