Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A gift from an Exarch

bunibar.png
Objective: Give a gift
Tags: [member="Asher Mossa"]

The darkness on Ryloth was thick and nearly impenetrable. A cool breeze passed over the surrounding canyons letting out the softest of whistles, but otherwise the night was quiet. What could [member="Asher Mossa"] be dreaming of? Perhaps his future in the Mandragora? Or maybe his thoughts lingered on a hard days of training. There was no telling. As the man slept under a blanket of furs and skins, the small fire outside of his tent was giving off a faint light. The heated embers threatened to be swallowed into a base of ashes. Those embers gave a brief flicker of life as the last of the wood was consumed by their hunger. Soon even that tiny flame would die down into no more but a scattered pile of sparks.

They danced into the smoke and spun around wildly, threatened to be taken away with the midnight air. Yet the darkness did not take these last embers. Instead they would continue to spin and dance, flying in a hypnotic circle around the fire pit until finally a soft clap echoed out from them. Almost as quiet as a droplet of water falling into a lake, but it could be heard. A purple hue would shine on Asher's tent as the embers swarmed to the ashes, giving birth to a powerful amethyst fire. Twice the size of a normal fire it would remain and let off a loud crackling. The Dark Side of the Force was thick in this flame, almost threatening to pull in anything that dared go near.

Another loud clap occurred before the flames would fly to the heavens, reaching almost three meters in height before they would halt their ascent.

This column of purple flames would endure, lashing out violently yet never leaving the confines of it's base. The base of the fire was as black as the night and thrived in The Force.

"Asher Mossa." A voice called out from the flames, deep and with the backing of a mighty roar. It was monstrous, yet there was no malice or aggression behind his words. Nothing more would be said as the flames stilled, as if frozen in time. The shadowy center that filled them hazing into a bright, pristine white. It seemed almost blinding, yet as that light grew brighter, the flames would grow cool, their heat becoming a thing of the past.

The light took the form of a man, melded within the fires. The man's body could not be seen yet Amethyst eyes bore down on the man before him.

"Mandragoran." That bestial voice called out again. The flames would dance ever so softly as a polished dress shoe would step out from them. The white form quickly revealed itself to be a pristine, white suit, untouched by the hellish flames that had twisted and wrapped around it. The man had raven hair and his amethyst eyes remained locked on Asher, yet his voice that had been one of a monster was now as smooth as silk and quite human. "Good evening." He offered, grasping the fedora that was placed on his head. It was a matching scheme to the suit and as he inclined his head, revealing his face, the Exarch of the Confederacy would finally reveal himself. The snow white suit was a stark contrast to his usual ebony attire, yet under the moonlight he seemed to glow as if an extension of the moon that hovered above Ryloth.

"You are Asher, correct?" He asked, with a certain tone about him. Though it was a question there was no doubt in the Exarch's mind of who stood before him. His presence in the Force was exactly as his master had described, unique.

Sleep was a thing which seemed to elude Asher more than not. This night had been different than most as Asher had drifted off into a deep sleep the moment his head hit the roll of fur which served as his pillow. The cold of Ryloth's night was as harsh as the heat of Ryloth's day, yet Asher wouldn't know it this night. His mind was at peace for the first time in a long time. Even Lylek was quiet in his mind. The screams of children, women, and warriors no longer filled his ears as he lay on the bed of his own making. Even as his eyes grew heavy and darkness took them the image of his young wife and son did not haunt him. Asher had found his true home and calling among the witches, and it had brought him peace.

There were no dreams for the Shaman, not any that he could remember. Asher enjoyed those nights as it meant his sleep was sound. He barely stirred as the fired died and changed. It was not until his ears picked up on the loud clap that he snapped up, wide awake, and in one motion called his lightsaber to his hand.

The viridian blade clashed with the purple hue of the fire, and bright eyes watched in curiosity as the flame called out to him. There was a strange aura about the fire, one that Asher was unfamiliar with. Thick tendrils of dark energy assaulted his senses and Asher became acutely aware of the raw power the dark side of the force possessed. It was unlike anything he had sensed before, and in a way the former Jedi hungered for it. His mind had already been opened to things that no Jedi would consider because of his time with the Mandragora. The spirits had done an effective job of eradicating any sense of moral superiority he may have once had. Asher only lived to serve the purpose of the spirits, and what they commanded he obeyed.

While Asher had never met the Exarch of the Confederacy, the flashy entrance was in line with the reputation surrounding the man. Asher allowed his blade to recoil, and the hum of the balde died with a hiss. The hilt was set on top of the furs which Asher had cast aside. Asher stood and put on a pair of brown canvas pants as he usually slept in nothing. Survival dictated that clothing hindered the natural insulation one's body heat, and while it seemed counterintuitive, Asher found it to be true.

"Forgive the attire, I was not expecting any company tonight," he said with the sound of sleep still on his voice. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting?"

Asher may have been a Mandragora, but he had not forgotten his manners. Their appearances could not have been more opposite, but their behavior, the smooth grace by which one could operate, would be well matched. Asher simply did not do anything with a flair. [member="Adron Malvern"] seemed to live for it.

bunibar.png
[member="Asher Mossa"]
​It seemed that Asher's reputation had preceded him, as the Exarch was quite familiar with the former Jedi. His eyes toyed over the sight of the lightsaber yet the smile that spread across his face did not falter, not for a second. It seemed that the Mandragoran was forward, which the Exarch could certainly respect. As the amethyst flames died down into a small fire, crimson in hue the Exarch cleared his throat, his eyes falling over the mountainous ranges that surrounded him. "Cozy." He said, before his eyes returned to Asher. He would hate to live as this man did, in the elements, he had enough time in such fashion and was never keen to return to it. His place was in the halls of comfort and damn anyone who dared tell him otherwise. Even as the winds flew over his raven hair he would have preferred to be in the warm, high-thread count bed that he shared with his fiance, [member="Alessandra Creed"].

Yet, business called him first so he would answer it's call. His smile finally faded as he looked to the starship that sat in the distance. It was the warship that the Mandragora employed, using it to suit their own needs. Even it was in need of reform. Adron's hand came out to the side and a small, thin cane would almost seem to appear from the very shadows that wrapped around the camp site. "I've watched your Mandragora for some time, Asher." His name was familiar to his tongue, even though the two had never once met. Perhaps it was because his own uncle shared the same name. Adron did not think on the matter, instead he clasped both of his hands over his cane. "I need one of you for an assignment. You are going to volunteer." He explained. It was obvious in the Exarch's tone there was no room for negotiation.

Adron turned from the man, gesturing out towards one of the nearby canyons with his ebony cane. "Take a walk with me." He would continue on, waving a hand at the man. "We're not going far, I just need a bit of air." If Asher would follow, Adron would speak lowly as he moved over the rocky surface that was Ryloth. The dust was already beginning to fleck at the bottom of his pants, causing him to arch a brow when he looked down. "Your Mandragora are....unimpressive." He began, though he would not leave any room for an argument or rebuttal. "But I see the potential these witches hold. Tell me Asher, do you have faith in your Mandragora? I really could use an opinion."

"Maybe I should just dissolve them?" He paused, halting his steps and gazing at the man meaningfully. Perhaps it was time for the Mandragora to end? What did this man believe?

The way in which the Exarch said the word cozy implied anything of the sort. Asher lived the way he did for the simplicity of it. He was his own man who preferred to live this way rather than find himself pampered by those who shared the same amount of sentience as he did. While slavery was illegal in the Confederacy, Asher could not bring himself to taking on a life that would see him lord over servants. His hard and calloused body did not need the soft, warm sheets of a king's bed when the rough and billowy furs of a dead animal could suffice. They truly were two very different men, both unique, and both the other's opposite perhaps. It was such things that could make a grand friendship, or create the worst of rivals.

For some reason Adron looked over to the ship that sat in Asher's view. Asher never strayed far from it as it was where the majority of witches found their home. Some were scattered about in similar camps as the one Asher lived in, but they were few in number. The dim lights of their campfires certainly would not seem to make them an impressive number.

He sighed in response to the Exarch's statement. Why Asher had found himself in Adron's sights was still a mystery, but there was only one way to find out. Asher quickly grabbed his boots and put them on his feet as they walked out from the tent and toward the nearby canyon. A muslin shirt, plain and ivory flew from out of of nowhere it seemed as they progressed. Asher pulled it over his bare torso simply to have some kind of layer between him and the cold night air.

It was then that Adron seemed to insult the Mandragora. Where Asher would have liked to interject he was allowed no opportunity. Perhaps he did not understand the witches, and perhaps he wanted to see their value. Either way, at least he was asking. For his own answer, however, Asher was certain any kind of rebuttal would be ignored, so he stuck to the question at hand.

"We are a flighty lot, your grace. Since joining most of my time has been spent tracking down the spell books we require to train and learn. I have seen the witches capable of many great things, and even if you "dissolved them" as you say. The spirits would simply call others. I have seen them. Lylek speaks to me. They will be shackled to no one, and they demand our loyalty above anything else, and for now the spirits will that we are here, amongst the Confederacy, aiding in what ways our simple magicks can. There are worlds that have been won because of our direct involvement. Even now the Confederacy has a group of cultists that have been connected with the disappearance of children. It is not a matter of our capability, but whether the Exarch believes that we could be valuable to his interests, and if he would be willing to invest resources toward them."

Asher paused for a moment as he looked across the sharp edges of the canyon's divide.

"We may be lacking, but we are not weak."

[member="Adron Malvern"]

bunibar.png
[member="Asher Mossa"]
Amethyst eyes would gaze over the canyons surrounding them as Asher responded to Adron's question. The man was well spoken and considered his words before letting them go. His response was received with a silent nod in acknowledgement. It would not be so easy to sway the Exarch's mind of the Mandragora's usefulness to The Confederacy however one thing was certain. They had piqued his interest. Adron produced a small metallic device, tapping into it briefly before glancing over to the Mandragoran. "Well, I'm convinced." His tone was heavy with sarcasm yet they lacked the natural scorn he held when he was truly demeaning someone. No, Asher seemed smarter than that. He led the man to a large fissure where he could peer down into the canyon below. His eyes scanned over the jagged rocks cloaked in shadow before turning back to Asher, aiming his cane at the man.

"What are your wishes? Do you wish to serve the Mandragora or the Confederacy. Where do your loyalties lie?" His question was met with a stern expression that quickly would soften as he let out a brief chuckle. "I'm sure you'd say both. Forget I asked." He said, waving his hand at the man dismissively. As his cane struck the surface once again Adron gave a thoughtful look before exhaling. "Very well. I suppose you will do. Now, as for your assignment." A low rumbling could be felt over the planet's surface, paired with the deep whine of engines in the far distance.

Adron glanced over to the horizon to see a trip of shuttles making it's way over towards the two. "I'm sure you wouldn't mind taking a little ride." He had no choice. As the shuttles began to swarm above the Exarch, moving in closely knit defensive flight patterns, Adron gazed up at them for a moment in silence. Soon they would descend onto the ground and the automated ships would let out a soft whine as one of them opened a door to it's bay. Adron gestured for Asher to load himself into the passenger bay, before clasping the man on the shoulder and speaking softly. "You may just enjoy this." He hinted, before making his way to one of the shuttle's seats.

Of course he wasn't convinced, but Asher wasn't about to call the man on his obvious sarcasm, if that's what it was.

The question which followed came as a surprise. Did he honestly want an answer? In truth Asher was not sure if he would have answered both, but the Exarch had made an assumption that let him off the hook. How could Asher choose though. On one hand he was a Shaman of the Mandragora. On the other hand he was also part of the Confederacy. The Mandragora were loyal to the CIS, but for how long? Asher could not fault Adron for asking the question. Had Asher been in his place, he would have asked the same question.

There seemed no reason to answer or affirm the question, Asher let it go. The strike of the cane onto the stony ground made Asher pause for a moment, though the rumbling he heard and felt answered the question that came to his mind about why the Exarch did such a thing.

Ships.

While Asher had one of his own, he hated flying. It was a necessary evil as far as Asher was concerned. As one of the small shuttles opened up for them, Asher got in with a bit of reluctance. Adron still had not explained what it was he had been voluntold for, though he assumed the answer to that questions was going to be coming shortly as well. Still, it was a bit unnerving that the man thought he could simply dictate this obedience from Asher, and it was even more unnerving that he actually could.

"I've never been big on flying, but if you say so," Asher said as the man took a seat. "Maybe you could tell me exactly what it is that I have volunteered for?"

[member="Adron Malvern"]

bunibar.png
[member="Asher Mossa"]
In the time since he had joined The Confederacy, Adron had prided himself on being a man who held knowledge above all else. Of course there were plenty of things that went above his thirst for knowledge, liquor being one of them. However when Asher asked about more information Adron merely showed a smile that had the signs of being all too pleased with itself. "Now where would the fun in that be?" He asked, his amethyst eyes moving away from Asher and to the scenery that flew around them. Adron would answer no more questions, regardless of how many were asked. The pilot droid would continue the path, flying high above the rocky surface that covered the world.

The trip over Ryloth would have taken a bit longer than Adron was expecting. It had been perhaps ten minutes when the pilot droid let out an audible beep, before turning it's skinny metallic head to call back into the passenger bay. "Exarch, we're here."

The Sith Lord's eyes opened, a vibrant shade of amethyst that seemed to swirl and shift as he looked out the window. They were flying over a range of mountains, thickly covering the planet and seemingly segregated from the rest of the relatively flat terrain. Adron turned to Asher with a small smile on his face. The Dark Side of the Force wrapped itself around him and gave him access to power that he still struggled to comprehend. How long had it been since Adron found this place and made it something to be used for his own plans? As their shuttles came in at the base of the mountain, Adron gestured for Asher to step out as the door opened and a large billow of dust flew into the shuttle. A generous amount of dirt flew onto Adron's suit and he exhaled before looking to the Jedi. "After you."

Once Asher stepped out Adron would follow, his hand tapping the peak of his walking cane as he immediately looked to the skies. "Do you know where we are?" He asked, glancing over to Asher with an interested look. "You used to be a Jedi so it's entirely possible."

"If I were you, I wouldn't move." Adron's words were drowned out by a soul-shattering screech. This bestial cry was so far, yet it could have been right in front of the two. Much like a hawk's cry it would echo out and fade until eventually it would blast out once again. Adron set the tip to his cane down. A shadow of a cloud seemed to shimmer and then roll through the cloud, almost making it look as if the large white mass had imploded. What remained of that mass darted down towards the lands below, down towards Adron and Asher. "Do not move." Adron repeated, "I'm not sure I can stop it if you get him worked up."

Asher looked around at the base of the mountain. The scene looked as though it should have been familiar to him, Adron even suggested it should be. Yet, Asher shook his head. The place brought nothing to mind. No memory of the place or of any history lesson was coming to his mind. Blue eyes flicked over to the Exarch.

"I used to study with a Jedi. I was never actually one officially."

That is what had made it easy for Asher to embrace the call of the spirits. It was also what made it easy to bend his use of the force with the magicks taught by the Mandragora. Asher felt as though he understood the force from both perspectives in that way. That was not what this field trip was about however. Asher was still curious, but he knew that Adron was not going to answer anymore questions until he was ready to give answers. Asher made a move to step toward the place indicated, but Adron warned him not to move.

A screech echoed across the valley floor. When it died it rose again, and again. This was truly curious.

Was it a pet to the Exarch? How dangerous was this thing. Asher just nodded.

"You brought me to see your pet?"

[member="Adron Malvern"]

bunibar.png
[member="Asher Mossa"]
The mass of cloud and shadows that descended from the heavens was revealed as a full grown Dragon. As it's large clawed feet slammed into the ground it let out a deafening screech. Adron turned his head, clenching his eyes closed while the beast let out it's vicious roar. It leaned forward, toward's Asher as if it was going to rip him in half, yet as his giant maw snapped shut his nostrils landed just beside the Mandragoran. Adron watched with amusement as Morrok took in Asher's scent, reciting it to his memory.

"That is Morrok." Adron gestured to the beast with his walking cane. The Exarch let out an amused chuckle as he closed the distance to Asher. "He's actually going to be your pet now." The Exarch explained, before slamming the base of his cane into the ground. His eyes glowed for the briefest of moments, causing Morrok to glance at him. The Dragon let out another deafening screech before finally extending it's wings to their full length. Dust and dirt flew as the strong wings slammed against the air, creating a brief but powerful gust. Morrok would fly to the skies, causing Adron to let out a brief chuckle. "He is energetic, I'll admit, but now that he's associated your scent to mine he will never harm you."

Adron made his way to the base of the mountain, gesturing for Asher to follow. "Morrok is the gift for agreeing to accept this assignment. Actually in a way the assignment is a gift as well." The Sith Lord's eyes continued to glow that vibrant shade of amethyst as he tapped his walking cane against the ground once again. Both Adron and Asher would find the ground rushing away from their feet, or rather the reverse. The two of them would ascend to the heavens as The Force pulled them with a blinding speed. If Asher was not used to such movements it could certainly be uncomfortable, yet Adron had done this far too many times for it to effect him.

Stop. His mind surged as they found themselves standing before the edge of the mountain. Adron stepped out onto the hard rock, glancing up to see Morrok circling the two of them cautiously. The black dragon had deep green eyes which seemed to be illuminated in the night sky. The shadow of the dragon was burned against the moon, causing it to flash over the two ever so often. Of course it was not the Dragon that Asher would likely find interesting. The face of the mountain almost seemed to bleed away. The stiff rock melted against itself until finally all that was revealed was a large threshold with deep green runes imprinted around it. The entrance itself had the faintest sign of illumination, yet the Force moved freely through it.

"Welcome, to Raven's Point." Adron said, gesturing towards the entrance.

Asher's eyes widened at the sight of the dragon. The beast was magnificent in every way. Ebony scales shimmered against the moonlight as the sinews and tendons which connected to the muscles controlling the wongs flexed and relaxed with each movement. It was truly a sight to behold. Where Adron closed his eyes, Asher left his wide open. The roar which came for the majestic creature shook the very foundation of where they stood. The breath which blew against him was hot and reeked of a stench Asher could not describe. He did not flinch when the beast lunged at him, this was no different than showing a rancor he could be trusted. The tiniest of smirks pulled at the right corner of Asher's mouth when the dragon took in his scent.

"Morrok," Asher nodded toward the creature before turning his eyes to Adron. "That is a strong name. I like it."

Another short bow was offered in gratitude of the gift. Asher was more than content, though still rather curious as to the nature of the assignment. Adron was a man full of mystery, and Asher would discover every secret he could over time.

The dragon was a guard for where they were, but what was so important that such a guard was needed? That was the true mystery here. There was no time to ask as the force pulled them at a rate and speed which Asher was not comfortable with. He was sick to his stomach as they bounced around back and forth. When they arrived at the base of the mountain, Asher wanted to vomit, but held it in. HIs eyes returned to the dragon as it circled high above them still. It was exceedingly majestic. His attention was diverted by the voice of the man who had stolen him away from his sleep.

Raven's Point.

Asher walked through the entrance, crossing the threshold into a room that was beyond anything he had seen before. The once and former Jedi had only trained with another hermit, so large buildings dedicated to such things were not something he was used to at all. His jaw dropped as he took it all in.

"This is amazing..."

[member="Adron Malvern"]

bunibar.png
[member="Asher Mossa"]
This is amazing.

The Exarch saw fit to chuckle at these words. There were few things he dealt with that would not amaze someone. Still, if the former Jedi truly appreciated this gift then it merely worked out better for Adron.

"Raven's Point was once a great Jedi library. So as you can expect, it has a good deal of text on just about anything you could need. It's up to you to restore it to it's former glories though as it is still not a complete archive." The man explained, as they made their way down the large, main hall of the library. Finally it opened into the main chamber and Asher could see just how huge this place was. It spanned literal miles, just as a library, that did not include the other things that laid within.

"I had it refurnished you could say." He explained. "There is a little cantina down that hall. Seems a shame to have all of this studying without a drink from time to time." Although his lips were drawn into a slight smile it seemed the Exarch was actually completely serious about what he had said.

"Oh, there is also a grove through that second hall. It's been kept up for a while so it should be a nice place of meditation or to add your own fauna."

"There is also a rather large corridor that holds a few hundred rooms. You could easily live here for years with all you could need. This place is hidden by my power, however I thought you may like this." As they passed a torch, Adron reached out to hold a hand over it. The red flame would soon begin to burn a deep shadowy black. Adron smirked before gesturing to the flame with some pride. "Anyone tries to force their way in? These flames will lash out at them, rather painfully." He gestured to the hundreds that lined the walls down the halls of Raven's Point.

​"So. What do you think?" The Exarch asked, arching a brow at the man curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom