Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A future sight on life

I needed to find my sister, and I would meet that need any means necessary. Not alot of people understood how I felt about my sister. I had grown up on the streets alone with no one to trust. Fighting everyday for my life. Barely making my life extend longer. That was until I found Jasmine. She was a girl that was almost in the same condition as myself, but worse. she had a gash down her chest from someone with a vibroweapon. There was a part of me that wanted to leave the girl there so I wouldn't have to have another mouth to feed. I remember that night as though I was experiencing it right now. I started to leave. But a voice. A small, scared voice spoke to me from the girl's lips. Shuddering and on the verge of leaving the void.

"Don't leave me alone."

I could still hear her voice now as I walked on the planet. Moving along the city streets. Once again I was back in the past, Moving towards the little girl. Leaning down and moving her our of the rain. I used my jacket to cover her from the water falling from the sky. Even in her pain, she knew that I would have to move her somewhere safe. Using strips of my T-shirt I had carried her up a fire escape from a building into a hotel for the night. I took care of her for days. Cleaning her wound. I knew the wound could have been infected and stole medical supplies from a nearby store. Cleaning her many wounds after, bringing food only for her. Even when she had been asleep. I held her hand Promising her every day that I would take care of her with the same words over and over.

Walking up to the building I came for here on Voss. The Tower of Prophecy. I needed to know the future if I would save her. Only I doubted about what I may find. and one of the many possibilities of what may happen to Jasmine. I feared what I may see. Standing in front of the tower. I looked down and let a fresh tear rill down my face as I said the words of a promise I intend to keep.

"Your life is my life, I won't leave you."

[member="Ærin Firebrand"]

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

By the Gods I would kill for some ice, was all that entered her mind at this point. Aerin left the ship she had taken to travel off Midvinter to find her sister, as she had been asleep most of the short journey, she had missed the main announcement, all she knew as that the ship needed to refuel and was to be grounded for maintenance .. she would be stuck here on .. whatever this planet was called .. for a few days. The sun beamed down on her, not a hot day by normal standards but to her, however, it was only just tolerable for her Valkyri sensibilities.

A large canvas bag slung over her shoulder, containing her entire possessions, now bounced on her back as she made for the city. Her only visible weapon was her long blade on her left hip. With laboured breath she found reprieve in the shade of the buildings and she walked to the main street. Aerin noticed that the peoples of this planet are friendly, not surprised by her presence at all which for a change was welcoming. Although she had not see a lot of the Galaxy as of yet, she had seem some, and to her eyes, the city looked ... new? or at least resurrected. Off in the distance, she could see the spires of a large building and marveled at the strange beauty of it. The architecture of all the structures unique, even she could see that, and one that spoke to her of a vast history in the arts. The streets did not escape the touch of the arts .. trees sculptured along a wide avenue .. room enough for those speeders and beings alike. She slowed her pace, and took the time to look at her surroundings.

After acquiring some lodgings and refreshing, she decided to venture out and explore this city. Aerin remembered the spires looming over the place and that would be her first visit. She approached the building walking the grounds of manicured lawns and stone work and discovered a strange boy standing alone. She could see his mouth moving as if talking but no one their to listen, a curious thing indeed. Curious are these Offworlders .. but then so too is she, to them. It is her that is the Offworlder.

She did not see his tear, but his face spoke for him. Although Aerin shows a tower of strength, one unyielding and tough .. her essence is soft and not without compassion. She approached however, cautious as always but stood near the young man. Not really knowing what to say, she caught him eye and smiled in a questioning sort of way.

I kept my head low. I could hear people moving around me. My longer hair hid my eyes from others and the tear that ran down my face. Speeders zooming past me blew at my black jacket. Letting the long coat tails that reached down to the middle of my shins to fly up as though I was in some kind of a holovideo. I started to take a step forward when I could hear a pair of boots headed towards me. And with a sudden stop, The person said nothing. Looking up to her, I instantly noticed the red hair, more so ginger look with a very warrior esque appearance. Built rather strong, and it was apparent that she probably took after her father or some stronger figure of importance.

I noticed the sword at her hip, and I only smiled as I carried two vibroblades. The weapons were dear to me, but I wanted something to replace them later on. I shook my head to the woman, and with a suspicious look decided to speak, "What is it that you want?" She was standing there, seeing my red eyes probably from crying, but as much as I was standing there, my instant reaction was to explain that I had something in my eye. As well, Guys are not supposed to cry.

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

She took in a deep breath of the crisp air .. so invigorating for her, as the air seemed to be cooling somewhat in the shade of the spires. She looked away from the young man when she noticed his red eyes, she knew to well the redness of tears but to come from a man? this was not something she is accustomed to seeing .. no man on Midvinter would exhibit such emotions, they would consider it weak, only women cry and they are weak in their eyes. Fools!

But the surprise was there and she tried to hide it by looking up at the spires. "I do not have need of anything, young man, save the coolness of the shade", she replied. Her head turned back to him, she noted the heavy hilted swords on this back, strange to her eyes but then most things are these days.

"What ails you?", she asked more softly, but directly. Again Aerin turned to afford him the privacy of her not seeing his face.

Well their went my fake story on my eyes. Her face told me everything on how she thought. Already her face was that of some confusion when I asked what she wanted, but her comment of only wanting the shade was almost a lie, as the shade was when you were standing directly in front of the Tower. One weird place to get some shade if you asked me. She continued to asked what "ails" me. Now that was strange. Her word choice was something like of when people were in the darker times without the aid of these huge leaps in technology.

She could have asked "what's wrong?" but it was What ails you. I looked up to her even more so. "Loss of someone I care for, and you are not from around here are you?" Deciding to have all of my answer and question done at once to avoid the idea of her trying to change the subject. If she was from a mot so well known planet, their could be a chance that I have missed something and my sister could have been taken there.

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

"No I am not from this place .. I am a daughter of Midvinter", she simply stated having dropped her usual formal introductions. Aerin preferred that somehow much more anonymous in this strange Galaxy. Lessons learned quickly.

However, her face turned the manicure lawn and she was lost for a moment. Loss of someone I care for, this she understood more then the young man realised. "I too search for a lost one", she whispered. Aerin had not had the vision of Inger since leaving Midvinter, she was not sure why this had happened and in a sense it was a blessing to her, they plagued her sleep .. but they also provided insight in many things .. events, warnings and futures. Had these vision somehow been connected to Midvinter and her leaving had disconnected them? She was not sure .. she did not know how the vision occurred.

She would have to think on it more later, as it did concern her.

"You deem to find your loved one here in this place?", she gestured toward the spires. "Can you tell me what this place is? .. it holds much beauty".

"Daughter of midvinter" Having never heard of the place, I had my doubts that my sister would be held captive there. but it was better to search there anyways since it was probably very far away from here. Well. maybe. Voss was almost on the edge of known space so it could be very close to here. I nodded my head as it was made apparent that she was not used to this place yet, well, any place for that matter. I started to talk towards the tower when she whispered something. I thought I heard her right. She was searching for a lost one.

I looked down at my feet when I thought about it. She was from a different place, most likely rarely known, and someone that she cared about was stolen from her. Sh started to ask what the place was, and so i gave a very fast answer, "Called the Tower of Prophesy, place where mystics can somehow tell your future." Holding my hand up so she would be silent for a second and not ask any questions or continue to speak, "You just whispered that you too, have lost someone close?" I didn't touch her, I merely let my hand reach out to her, and stopped. Not knowing how she would react to being touched by someone she didn't know. Well, know for less than five minutes.

"Sorry to intrude. I.... I shouldn't have asked." I let my hand fall back to my side and i shook my head. Realizing that some people who knew of the Galaxy didn't like telling stories. A person who had no trust in the people here, would likely do the same, or just cut my head off.

[member="Ærin Firebrand"],

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

"Yes .. my Sister", she said as she looked at the hand outstretched to her. She stepped back slightly very cautious of strangers now, on her travels she had met many and most of them looked upon her as an oddity, wary of her and in some cases, wanted to do harm. All had approached her with an outstretched hand of friendship. However, she was intrigued by what he had called the spires.

"Mystics? .. they exist? I thought them subjects of fables", she now looked more closely at the building .. tell the future? but how? she wondered. Her mind raced, as she remembered her own abilities, her visions that spoke to her not only through dreams, but at the oddest times when she is awake. The 'feelings' she sometimes gets, like a call on the wind, sending messages of ill or joy. Things to .. come.

She stood there now in awe of the place, and wanted to go inside.. to find out herself.

And that is where I became silent. She said that her sister was taken from her. And I didn't even hear her question. Just mumbles as my head dropped to my chest. We had something in common and that was where both of our sisters were missing. I looked up to her, ignoring her questioning of the mystics. "I have lost my sister as well." My face was hard and cold. I decided to ask her some more questions.

"How was your sister taken?" I know that i was leading down a path that could lead to tears yelling and screaming. but with how the young woman looked, I had some doubts that she would be crying. "I ask because i am looking for a group of people who took my sister from me."

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

She was about to start for the building of spires, when she stopped at this words. Her eyes drilling into him, was he playing games with her? how was it possible that two people to meet on the steps of the this place had lost the same thing? No.. no tears will enter her eyes, only revenge in her heart for the man that took her sister.

After a moment, and in a low voice she replied, "I do not have the details of my Sisters disappearance .. I only know a man come to her village and took her. Laid waste the village and made it so others would think her dead. But I know she is alive, something .. a whisper on the wind tells me so.. I feel it". She stated. However, her heart soften a little toward the young man.

"You do not know where your sister is do you?, that is why you are here? who is this group you speak of?", she gestured again toward the building.

I could see the hesitation in her form as she turned back to look at me. Someone, laying waste to a village on his own and took her sister. Hostage or for fun, I had an idea of who it might be already. Either a Sith, or a Rogue Force user of a kind. Maybe both in conjunction. And her speaking to me about FEELING that her sister was alive. I knew how that felt. I knew that my own sister was alive as well. ALmost as though I could feel her pain everyday get stronger and stronger.

​"No, I have not the slightest of a clue to where she is. I have made contacts with many from both walks of life to help me find her. And to no avail. I sought to come here to visit the rumored mystics on what could be a possible outcome of my sister and her life." Motioning to the temple that was in front of us. Well more so it was a tower that was built before the temple was around it. I shook my head. I handed her my hand in showing a sign of acceptance towards her.

"Sorry, During all of this we have not said our names. I'm Erin."

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

"Then our paths are similiar, I want to talk to someone", she said directly now. Her eyes firm with purpose .. maybe they can shed some light on her own situation and give her direction to find Inger. Aerin looked at this hand reaching out to her. She did not want to take it, it was a custom she did not like of these strange people, but she did.

"I am Aerin Firebrand, pleased to meet you Erin", she added, odd how their first names are similar. She knew of no temple or there purpose, temples are for Gods and in those she does not believe, no it was someone, one of these mystics Erin spoke of that held her attention now. Her path had grown cold but now she might have found it again. She started to walk toward the building, hoping to see someone that might be able to aid them both.

Now that was coincidence. Bow of us were missing our sisters, and our names were similar. Ærin, and Erin. I had a feeling that this was not a coincidence. As she started to walk up to the tower, I did as well. Catching up to her I looked at her, "Hey, slow down, I don't want to travel here only to be forced out." I tried to follow her footsteps, but she was adamant on getting to see these mystics. Even then, there was a temple that surrounded it. Probably full of followers of these mystics. If we were charging through here, I don't think they would take it kindly.

"Ærin I know how much you want to look for your sister, I have been doing it for over a year now, but you need to slow down or you will kill yourself trying!" When I first started to look for my sister, I wanted to get her so much, that I had almost killed myself. I literally ran up to Crimelords challenging them and that was probably one of the stupidest mistake of my life. If you want to find and catch someone, you need to take a second step back and think about it. "Look, I have been searching for over a year now, just trust me with the little information that you have of me."

After seeing that she was touched by her sister, and the search for her, I knew that it was going to be hard for her. And she had only just begun. I knew the road that she was traveling down, and it was not going to be an easy one. I almost felt sick to my stomach that someone else has to go through what I am. I.... I didn't want her to end up like I was. Having no life, losing all of your family be it by blood or not, and feeling like you were the one responsible. I knew it all too well. Even thought about killing myself, but I didn't from a feeling that she was still alive and that she needed me. I would not let her down, nor Ærin now.

"Stop now." Grabbing her arm I tried to stop her. "I need to show you something before you start charging in there like a lunatic." I let go of her arm with a soft voice I tried to be nice, "Come with me please, before you ruin your life."

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

"Ruin .....? ", she spoke loudly, and wrenched her arm away from the young man. She turned on him, and glared, her temper up and all she wanted to do was speak to someone. "I don't have time for pleasantaries .. my Sister's life is in the balance".

However, her foot falls faulted as she neared the building, something washed around her and set her to calm. It spoke of a world a long way from her, a place she must go, but she could not grasp it, something stopped the message from the winds. She took one more step forward, only to be met with a wall, an invisible wall that hit her hard and sent her to the ground. She jumped up and looked around for what had hit her, but nothing. Nothing but the young man, and she knew it was not him. Her eyes widened with the wonder and fear filled her mind to the invisible foe. Or at least she considered it such.

"As you wish", she said now, bowing to the young man's experience within this wretched galaxy.

She obviously did not want to come with me. I watched her as she charged up and ran into something, but nothing was there? I shook my head as she said as I wished. I walked up to where she was. And attempted to touch it. But once I did, I felt a tingle on my hand. I held my ear close to it, and I could hear a small wine. Quickly I pulled my hand back as I heard a sap sound. My hand was still close enough to send a small shock into my hand. Jumping back, I looked down at my hand. Nothing wrong. Looking up I spoke in a whisper. "Particle and energy shield. Crossing of the power conduits causes an electrical charge when pressed together."

Since the particle shield was on the outside. It could still be pressed on. Making contact with the energy shield, the particles that keep it together and form the shield create static electricity. Just like a balloon and hair. The people behind this dome of energy didn't want others to enter. I could hear rustling behind me, but I let it slip from my mind. Off to my right I heard a man yell. "HEY! What you two doing?" Looking at him, I could see a pistol on his hip and what looked to be some kind of baton. Turnbing around quickly, I grabbed Ærin's hand and started to run, "We need to get out of here. Now!"

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

"What are you talking about?", she asked as she spoke of particles and such, things she had never heard of before. "An invisible wall that protects?", now she is amazed, still not know the how.

She felt the presence of others close by, her innate senses speak to her of the approach of a man, her ears keen and her head turned to look. Narrow eyes prepared for a fight, as her hand reached for the hilt of her sword. But it was not to be taken up.

The young man, grabbed her hand and pulled her away in a run. He seemed to know better and she decided to follow his lead, for the moment. "What is this place?", she asked more to herself. As they continued to run, Aerin felt her strength waning, the heat of the day taking it toll once more and she was burning up. "Stop", she gasped. "I need to stop .. I need water".

We had to keep running. The guy was slowly catching up to us. The "Shieldmaiden" was slowing me down, but I didn't just want to leave her behind. I pushed her forwards. Talking to her, "Just keep running, second left and then your right and you will see a large ship. Get in there, close it up and don't open it for anyone." I pushed her on as the guy was closing in fast. "There is all the water and food in there that you want. Move now!" Turning around, I drew out my heavy blaster pistol.

An old, but refurbished S-5 pistol. Looking down the sites, pulling the trigger I fired a stun round. Smacking into the man's chest just below the neck. Looking around I saw that some people. They looked at me as I had "killed" the man. Shaking my head. I started to run myself.

While I ran, I fitted a grappling hook into the lower barrel of the gun. it took and instant to send it flying to slam through a window and pulling me up. With my momentum, I swung over and landed on a ledge the next building over. I let the grappling hook go and stay where it was. Jumping up to reach the ledge. I smiled, glad that I still had the twine attached to the ring on the bottom of the grip. I climbed up the building and started to change my clothes once I got up. Taking off my jacket, I flipped it around, grabbing my mask, I placed it over my face.

The white base with a red painted smile and a purple lightning bolt on the right side. I closed up the clasps on my trench coat like jacket. Covering up my black shirt. I then started at an easy pace down the stairs. Having the Local police looking for me, but the black jacket with a child's face. I pointed up the stars getting up from the ground acting like I was pushed down. Speaking in a deeper voice than normal, "He's up there! he tried to come down but saw you coming!"

The three men ran up and I smiled as I walked down. it took me only a minute to walk out the building, walk down the street to my ship. Looking around I plugged in the code should it be locked, and the ramp opened. While it did, I drew my vibrosword should the Shieldmaiden attack me in fear that I was the police.

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

She doubted she would make. The stench of the day pulling on all her reserves and her energy failing. She did not know where Erin had gone, all she knew was to run, she did not know why. Yes some man is chasing them, but she wanted to talk with them, to get inside that building and speak to someone. But Erin seemed to know something different, something had triggered his reaction and she did not question it, for now.

So far life in the galaxy had been unkind to her, most people she had come across where either off hand or rude. Very few friendly or willing to help until now, Erin at least, did not try anything odd with her like most had done. She suspected they thought her stupid .. she did not know their ways or their technology, but she is far from that. That is fine with her, it gives her the advantage .. they soon discover the truth.

Aerin only just made it inside the ship before she collasped on the floor just inside. Panting for breath she rolled on her back and sucking in the air to regain her lungs. The ship was cooler at least, only a little, but it gave her some relief. She did not know how long her laid there, but as soon as she could she locked down the ship, well at least she hoped she had done so, it took a while, which button to press? But soon the mouth of the ship began to raise it metal lip.

Silence, fell after the final clang as the ramp squeezed shut. She stood there just looking at it as if she had just entombed herself in this metal casing.

She left to find some water.

Once opening the ramp, I found that she was not in the bay. As a dropship, it was sectioned off as the living quarters and the bay. There was nobody in here. I set my sword down on the bench, and then pulled out my blaster. If this was going to be close quarters, a sword would not be a good weapon in the very close quarters. Literally, the only room I would have would be about an arm length.

I walked up to the panel on the inside of the ship, and after pressing a few buttons, the ramp closed again. This time I could hear a secondary lock on the ramp. Taking a firm grip on the door handle that separated the cabin and the bay, I pulled it open quickly as I shoved the blaster pistol into the room should anybody be there, they would be at the mercy of a barrel. At least, all who I expected to be in here was the Shieldmaiden, but you never knew who might be lurking.

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

Her keen sense told her someone approached. She had though she was alone on this ship, had Erin returned already? she did not know and was about to take no chances. It is odd how she can hear the foot falls, in her 'natural' environment, the forest, it comes easy, innate to her. The slightest snap of a twig or rustle of leaves will alert Aerin to her prey when hunting. The scent on the wind, the whispers of messages given to her all contribute to her uncanny abilities.

Her hand reached up behind her back, slowly and deliberately she pulled an arrow from her quiver. In the same motion, her bow came to her left hand .. her feet moved to the side placing one foot behind the other she positioned herself to the left of the door. Without the need to look, the arrow now slotted into the nocking hold and she pulled back the bow and waited.

She could feel the prey getting closer just outside. Her fingers uncurled and retook the string, her shoulder moved slightly more parallel to the string, and increased the tension. The door wiped open fast .. and she waited. Her eyes penetrating the space and then he came in... Erin.

"Never sneak up on me", she said in a whisper. Lowering her bow she unhooked the arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom