Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Flower and a Thorn

Briar Thorn

Life is a game, so why not enjoy yourself?
The planet of Voss, home of jedi traditions, capital of the Silver Sanctum Coalition. It was also the planet that [member="Joza Perl"] was staying at. Briar had sent her a few letters since last they had met and he couldn't get her off his mind. He had to see her again, and he had found a way to do it. He got passage to Voss using his usual method of work for transport. He had spent over a week fixing every leaky pipe, busted hose, and worn out mechanism. He spent a week covered in oil and grease. It was going to take several intense shower sessions just for him to get close to being clean again. His entire body was sore from being overworked by a greedy ship captain looking for an unofficial slave. He had managed to make it off the ship finally when they got to Voss finally after having gone every direction but it.

Briar walked off the ship and headed straight for the jedi tmeple on Voss. He didn't even think about getting cleaned up first he was just so excited to see Joza again. His face was a mixture of oil, grease, and skin as a smile had developed. He was a real sight to be had and everyone looked at him as if they were looking at a bum. He eventually made it to the temple and asked for Joza. He was told she would be with him in a few minutes, so he just waited around bouncing on his feet.

Joza had to search her thoughts for a few moments in order to come up with a face to match the name. In all honesty, the Zeltron felt a little bad that she couldn’t completely remember him. It took her a bit to make the connection, remembering him as the young man she’d spent a pheromone-fueled night with after her…performance at the Diamond Dust. Now she remembered. He was the one who’d started sending letters to her. She didn’t know what to think of that, and wasn’t sure how to respond. So she hadn’t. She wasn’t sure if she truly ever had the intention to.

She didn’t try to hide her surprise when she heard that he was on Voss, looking for her. She’d never imagined that someone would travel so far for a fling, but she decided to see him regardless. The sound of her footsteps bounced off of the walls faintly a she made her way through the temple, keeping her eyes peeled for the young blond. Her appearance was different that before—her hair wound back in a tight bun, face devoid of all traces of makeup. Dull Padawan robes replaced the flashy costume she’d worn that night.

She had nearly missed him, having to do a double take. He was…dirty. Why was he covered in oil and grease? Joza cleared her throat as she approached him, a brow arched in concern. “Briar…is everything alright?”

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Briar Thorn

[member="Joza Perl"]

Briar waited around, he didn't know how long. He was still bouncing on his feet as Joza suddenly passed him by. He saw her see him, but it looked like she hadn't recognized him at all. Did she remember him? Did she even know who he was? What about their night together? She didn't remember him after that? He was starting to think about leaving an excuse with someone and leaving to not bother her when she suddenly seemed to recognize him. His heart skipped a beat when this happened, because he wasn't sure if he should still make the excuse or stay. She seemed to be worried when she approached him. He wondered what she was worried about when she spoke to him. He was a little confused by this until he realized what the issue was.

Briar chuckled a bit and said, " Everythin' is fine. I came straight from the port and forgot to clean up. I was just so excited to meet ya again." He smiled at her in a goofy way. He was glad to see it wasn't what he thought earlier. She was just not able to recognize him because of how he looked. He should have waited a bit after cleaning up. He added after a bit, " How are ya Talinum? Ya look beautiful. Not that ya don't normally look beautiful, cause ya always do. Just...um.....uh.......Ya are just pretty........." He blushes as he rubs the back of his head nervously.

“You…forgot?” She blinked, looking him up and down. Did he really want to see her that badly? She felt guilty now for not recognizing who he was at first. “I...” She trailed, too caught up in trying to figure out what he was doing here to answer right away. Taking in a conscious breath, she let it out before answering him. “I’ve been well. And…thank you.” She felt a bit awkward as he began to ramble before realizing that she had been more made up during their first meeting. Still, she couldn’t help the bit of pride that swelled in her chest when he thought she was good-looking without being dolled up.

Talinum… Just as she didn’t recognize him at first, she didn’t remember the nickname he’d given her right away. What does that mean again? Fireflower? Flamethrower? She shook her head, instead focusing on her guest. “I…do you want to clean up first?”

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Briar Thorn

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza just looked so beautiful standing there. Her fiery hair and pink skin just reminded Briar of the shades of some of the most beautiful flowers he had seen. He had even named her Talinum after some of them, ones known as fameflowers or flameflowers. He saw her and saw everything that was wonderful about the galaxy. The more he became involved with the tech world, the more he appreciated nature. He loved to work with machines and droids and ships, but it was not exactly beautiful. It didn't have an elegance to it that the natural world seemed to contain. Things with machines were clunky and rough. But it was just the opposite for nature. Joza was everything great about nature and more. He didn't even notice or care that she wasn't wearing the latest in fashionable clothes or had her hair done up or had makeup on. All he saw was the same young woman he had wanted to see since Sullust.

Briar just kept looking at her and smiling as he took everything about her in. He was happy just to be standing with her right now. He did realize what she said though last after a bit and then looked down at his clothing. He was filthy and must have been a sight. He blushed a bit as how bad he looked finally set in. He said in a flustered voice, " I be filthy. I'm so sorry Talinum. I must be a terrible sight. Is there anywhere I can wash up real fast? I'd love to talk to ya after I get more presentable." He smiled at her in that goofy way with a bit of awkwardness to it now. He was still blushing as he finished speaking. He couldn't believe he let himself show up looking like this.

Why is he smiling at me? The pink Padawan shifted her weight uncomfortably. She had been used to the leering gazes she received back on Zeltros, mostly from drunk off-worlders on vacation. Usually she would just ignore or sneer in response, but there was nothing lecherous or ill-intentioned about Briar. At least, nothing she could tell right away. Still, she didn’t completely understand why he had come all this way to visit her. Did he want another shot with her? It would make sense, considering their interactions were limited to a certain…type the night they had met.

“Yeah, follow me.” She tilted her head as she turned, an indication for him to follow her. At the very least, she figured she couldn’t let him walk around like this. She led him to the room she had been staying in, pointing to a small secondary room as they entered. “Bathroom is in there, you can use the shower.” The room itself was plain and basic, but it didn’t have a lot to distract her from meditating.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Briar Thorn

[member="Joza Perl"]

Briar's face was still red as he blushed from embarrassment. He just nodded to Joza as she began to head towards her room. He followed her down the hallway still looking like he had been inside of a mechanic shop explosion. Everyone they passed just stared at the pair of them as they passed. Briar hated the attention he was getting right now. It just reminded him how bad of an impression he must be making and it was probably making a bad impression about Joza as well. What would he do if she got kicked out of the Jedi Order? She would hate him forever!

They eventually came to her room which looked very nice and clean. He hardly noticed the lack of stuff because he didn't own much himself. He smiled to Joza and said, " Thank ya Talinum. I'll go try to look more presentable. I'll try not to keep ya waitin' too long. Sorry for showin' up like this." He went to the room to go take his shower and got into his satchel. He had a spare set of clothes in it and was getting them out. As he pulled the clothing out, a small object fell out onto the floor. It was a dried and pressed flower protected by a layer of plastic. On it written by hand was the word 'Talinum'. He didn't seem to notice it had fallen out as he went into bathroom to begin cleaning himself off.

Flowers:

5f57ee66bd1380dec45adc16424df22a.jpg

Joza shook her head as Briar apologized. “It’s alright.” She responded reflexively, her tone neutral with a forced pleasant note. She still didn’t know what to think of him being here, and was still a bit taken aback by it. She wasn’t angry or upset, just confused as she really didn’t expect to see him again. She had been a different person when they’d met, she supposed—looking and acting as if she had just stepped off of Zeltros, though her behavior was a bit mild in comparison.

Still, they had shared a broom closet of passion before parting ways for the night. In her mind, it was only meant to serve as a brief release from the prude Jedi code so that she could continue to pursue her studies unhindered by her...racial predispositions. As much as she thought to fight it, she was still a Zeltron raised in Zeltron culture.

She paid Briar little mind as he began to rummage through his satchel, lost in her own thoughts. As he entered the bathroom she moved to sit on her bed while she waited, but something on the floor caught her eye. The room was bare save for the basics, so there was no way that the little pop of color on the ground belonged to her. Pausing, she paced over to the item and picked it up. She held it up over her head with a thoughtful pout, examining the little flower pressed between two layers of plastic. A flower. What is…’Talinum’? That’s what he called me… She lowered her hand, a soft look briefly washing over her features as the realization sunk in.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Briar Thorn

[member="Joza Perl"]

The shower was simple and effective that Joza had in her room. It was just like the one Briar used back at home on Lothal. The whole idea of simple and effective seemed to be what the Jedi here at the temple were all about. He stood trying to get as much of the grim off of him with the soap in there as he could. As he felt the warm water on his skin, his mind began to wander about. He had been so focused on seeing Joza that he hadn't realized until now that he was actually in the Jedi temple on Voss. He was in the place where all of the Jedi masters he had always wanted to meet were at. Maybe he would be able to meet one of them? What would they look like though? They must have dressed in a way that just told everyone they were a master jedi. Although after looking at the temple they would not wear anything fancy, so maybe they would be the ones with the most simple and effective clothing on? That must be it and that is who he should look for...... Well once he was no longer visiting Joza. The masters could wait because she came first.

Briar eventually got to a point he was satisfied with how clean he had gotten and got out of the shower. He began to dry himself off before putting his spare clothing back on. They looked much the same as his other clothes only this time not covered in oil, grease, and dust. He got his old clothes wrapped up in a thin cloth to try to keep them from dirtying up the inside of his satchel and then he walked out into the living room area. He saw Joza sitting on her bed looking as wonderful as ever. There could be no woman as beautiful as she was in all of the galaxy, or as caring either. He smiled as he saw her and just stood there for a bit staring at her. He eventually became satisfied with how much of her splendor he had taken in and walked over to her. He said as he got to her, " Sorry for takin' so long. I hope I didn't make ya wait too much." He was just so happy to see her right now that he didn't even notice she had his most precious possession in her hands.

Joza arched a thin brow as Briar stood there staring at her, clearing her throat after a few moments. Her first instinct was to snap at him with some sort of sassy comment, but she held back. The Zeltron could have a sharp tongue at certain times, but the blond boy was far too nice and good-intentioned for her to be intentionally rude to. And that…sort of frustrated her.

“You dropped this.” She commented dryly as she held out the preserved pressed flower to him, noting how much cleaner he was now that he’d had the time to take a proper shower. “Talinum, huh. Guess I know where you got the name then.” She sighed lightly and rose from the bed, smoothing out her robes as she did so. “What did you wish to discuss with me, Briar?”

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Briar Thorn

[member="Joza Perl"]

When the flower was handed back to him, Briar suddenly blushed a deep red. He hadn't realized it had fallen out of his bag and that she had seen it. Sure he had thought about giving it to her and telling her what it was all about, but that would have been so embarrassing for him. He was a little too late for that now though it seems, so he figured he would just go for it. He started to say something but couldn't get any words to come out. His blushing intensified and he began to rub the back of his head with one of his hands again. He finally said, " I wanted to see ya again Telinum. I just really wanted to get to know ya. Talinum is the name of that species of flower, and they remind me of ya. I saw those flowers dancing in the wind, like I mentioned in the letter, and had to keep them because they made me think about ya every time I saw them." He kept rubbing the back of his head. His face blushing even deeper red.

Joza watched [member="Briar Thorn"] out of the corner of her eye with a mild curiosity. She could feel his anxiety and embarrassment and it softened her a little. As much as she tried to appear controlled and collected on the outside, she was no stranger to being flustered. Letting him speak, the Jedi apprentice waited patiently for him to finish before placing her hands behind her on the bed and leaning back. A low sigh escaped her lips as her eyes turned to him.

“Briar, what happened that night…it isn’t who I am. Or at least, who I’m trying not to be.” She paused, letting her words die down as she briefly reflected on her inherent need to let loose. She figured that it was better to take care of her urges every once in a while than to suppress them completely. Still, she didn’t want to make a habit out of it.

“It’s not going to happen again.” Her emerald gaze washed over him for a few moments. “You’re a nice guy, but I’m not going to go around and perpetuate the loose Zeltron stereotype.” At least, not anymore. Well, I’m going to try.

Briar Thorn

[member="Joza Perl"]

Briar was a little taken back by what she had said to him. Did she think the only reason he was interested in her was because she slept with him? He couldn't lie and say it didn't have some part in things but that wasn't why he was here or said what he did. It wasn't even why he felt what he felt. He truly just wanted to get to know her was all. He had come all of the way here just to see her and get to know more about her after all. Who in their right mind would have done something like this for a booty call? Maybe some, but not Briar.

Briar frowned a bit as he blushed some more at her words. He tried to think of how to convey his feelings and thoughts to her, but they were all jumbling up on him. He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. As he did, he felt like his head and heart were clearer. He said after, " I'm not lookin' to do with ya what happened last time. That wasn't me then either Talinum, I can promise ya that. I came here because I wanted to get to know ya better. To get to know the real Joza. I haven't exactly been away from home for long and ya were the first person I made a connection with. I thought we could be friends and get to know each other better. Life has not been so easy since I left the farm, and I don't mean to sound like I'm complainin' just with everythin' goin' on it has always been nice to have someone I could converse with. I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression to ya though......"

Briar started to feel pretty down. He just felt he was making up excuses even though he was just trying to explain himself. He also felt like he was guilt tripping her or she might feel like he was. He didn't want to do any of that. He just wanted to get to know her better and make a friend was all. He remained silent for a minute before he finally said, " Sorry Talinum....Joza...... If ya want me to leave and not bother ya again I wouldn't blame ya......." He gave her a sad smile as he nervously shifted on his feet. He didn't want to just leave because that would have been rude and might make her feel bad.

Emerald eyes widened slightly through his explanation, a sigh escaping her lips as he finished. Joza rubbed at her temple with her right hand, not bothering to hide her exasperation. She could feel his honesty and didn’t feel the need to question him about the validity of his words. The embarrassed and morose notes in his voice made her feel bad for assuming what he was after. It did seem a little silly for him to come all this way just to sleep with her again. Though the situation was frustrating for the young Zeltron, she reminded herself to approach things calmly. After taking a few silent moments to organize her feelings, she opened her mouth to speak.

“Briar, I want you to understand what this situation looks like to me. We met each other once, briefly, in a closet, and now you’re suddenly here. In my experience, men don’t typically pursue something like that without wanting a repeat.” She leaned forward, putting less weight on her hands and more on her core. Joza hadn’t yet mastered the art of putting things delicately.

She dismissed his last thought with a wave of her hand. “No, don’t do that. You’ve already come all the way over here, might as well get to know each other, right?” A mild smile crossed her face as she rolled her head towards him. “C’mon, I’ll show you the temple grounds.” She stood up from the bed, stretching slowly before patting out the creases in her robes.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Briar Thorn

[member="Joza Perl"]

Briar couldn't help but feel better when she didn't ask him to leave. His feelings were complex and he hadn't completely figured them out himself yet, but he was glad she was willing to get to know him and let him get to know her. What she had said though about how things seemed was true, and he had to admit it. People were so different out here in the wider galaxy than they had been back on Lothal. He forgot just how different everyone could be at times, and felt bad he had forgotten that fact for a moment. No matter what he might feel though, he was sure that he wanted to be her friend and get to know her.

Briar smiled to her still a little awkward, " Thank ya Talinum. I'd love to see the temple grounds with ya. Ya can keep that flower by the way. I was thinkin' of givin' it to ya anyways and it just seems right for ya to have it now." He took in a deep breath and let it out. He added after, " Lead tha way when ya are ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom