Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Few Good Guns--and those who know how to use them

Time: Unknown

James stalked out of his private quarters on the base with the shake of his head and a cigarette between his fingers. He had crashed after finishing a Kessel run and slept for twelve hours. He could have slept another seven but his comm had gone off. Growl, his head of security and the chief of his armed forces, had requested a meeting. While the monster of a man hadn't been too forthcoming in the details, the spacers was getting used to this, he was clear about one thing: it meant business and he wanted to meet immediately.

Stretching his back one more time as he made his way into the rec room/mess hall, James sighed. Reed didn't need to be asked, he knew what his master needed right now to work this business venture. He made his way to the bar and grabbed a flask of Urqua. With a cheerful beep he handed it over to the spacer. James patted his head and grabbed it. A few moments later, he was feeling more like himself; cheerful and charismatic. The man kept his eyes on the blast door, waiting for Growl to make his entrance.

[member="Growl"]

Growl entered the recreation room in a pissed of nature shaking his head and looking at his hands with disgust.He would sit down at the bar right next to [member="James Justice"] and look at what was in his hand saying dryly "A mans true character comes out when he is drunk,I haven't seen that side of you...yet".Growl now resting his elbow on the bar rubbing his fingers together would look around making sure the recreation area was quite empty besides reed and some random bystanders walking around chatting.

"James we need to get some new hired guns because the ones we have been snatching off these backwater planets are useless.They get high on the job,or they can't stand the sight of blood which may I add is a really dumb fething thing if you want to be hired as a mercenary.Hell,one guy pissed himself while we were sparring just because a threw a light jab to his solar plexus".

"Now I have some contacts on Ord Mantell known as the Cardinal Company who can hook us up with some great mercenaries but I need 2 things from you in order to make this happen.I need your consent obviously and a troop transport with a crew that can get me and there and us back.I have already talked to them over the holonet and since I served my time with them and left on great terms they are offering me the entire 2nd Ranger Company for free and already equipped at the price of them owing me no more favors".

Growl would shift his body looking around the room once more before saying to James "Thoughts?".

[member="Growl"]

James grinned as he took a swig from his flask. The mercenary was angry, he was always angry, which was good. He took the job seriously and was more than just a hired gun, that was what he needed for those who were going onto his crew. He glanced at his few customers who were around. Most were just those he had already hired at some point or the other taking advantage of the "employee discount" and the truth that LC-2 was as far off the maps as you could get without setting up your own base. A few were returning customers of the lost Chase family that owned the place before he took it over.

"First thought," James began, Ye have seen me drunk. Stone cold drunk," he winked, "truth is I am usually just a bit--tipsy all the time," he chucked, "its just less common to see me sober," he offered his employee a cigarette as he lit one for himself, "second thought is I admire yer tenacity. And with the new job offers we have just fulfilled," his voice tone dropped half an ocative, "truth is we are lining up to become one of the biggest shipping and moving companies in galaxy and we need people we can trust, people like ye, people that take this job seriously. People that, like ye said, are a cut above what we have had lately."

He winked and was careful to observe Growl's reaction from behind a drink from his glass.

Growl would take the cigarette and nod in thanks before placing it in his mouth and dragging on it a bit.Growl chuckled a bit at what [member="James Justice"] had to say about him and let out a dry "Thanks....I don't usually get compliments from my bosses...just complaints".

"So is that a yes?If so I hope you have a spare transport somewhere...one that can carry 100 soldiers".

James shook his head and took a drink, "We need to keep this place as much under wraps as possible. It ain't that I don't trust ye or them, just that I want to risk publicizing this too fast mind ye."

He took a moment to let that sink in and to let a pair of the by standard walk by. "We can set up a meeting on a outer rim planet." He thought a moment, "would Geonosis be a good rondevoux point? If I like what I see then it's for sure a yes."

[member="Growl"]

Growl would look a bit displeased at the fact [member="James Justice"] was unfaithful in his old friends yet rolled with it saying "I already had a meeting set up in Ord Mantell with the 100 mercenaries on standby,we could go there and have a meeting with the commander of Cardinal Company if it'd work for you?"

As Growl finished what he was saying he would pick the cigarette up again and take another long drag awaiting James's response.

"Aye, aye," he nodded before rising. He adjusted his long trench coat and hat, "I will see ye there, mate."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Angel touched down outside of the small compound on Ord Mantel. James made a note to ssf up a base here sooner than later. Most likely this one. Strolling out onto the baren world's surface, he looked for any signs of Growl and his associate.

[member="Growl"]

tau_14_the_desert_base_by_devin87-d6qxpqc.jpg

Growl would step off the ship directly behind [member="James Justice"] and say over his comm-link "This isn't the nicest place in the galaxy but seclusion is the Cardinal Companies specialty".As Growl began walking towards the compound he motioned for James to follow.As they approached the gates a few guards raised their weapons in full suits of X-1 series armor looking a bit on edge until the saw Growl."Hey man whats up?!Its been like 2 years you motherfether!" he shouted and laughed.Growl gave the man a slight nod before walking to the registration area.

Growl and James would be searched thoroughly for any recording devices or image capturing devices before being allowed in due to "Legal Reasons" as claimed by the guards.Growl headed to the hangar where Commander Kyle the CEO of Cardinal Company was waiting for them along with 2nd Ranger Company geared and ready for transport."Welcome!" Commander Kyle would shout across the hangar.Commander Kyle would motion for the men to sit down in some chairs that were high quality but clearly not meant to be in a hangar.

"So I assume you have questions Mr.Justice and you may ask them but first may I offer you a bottle of Whyren's Reserve?It's one of the last bottles that remain of batch NN182".Commander Kyle would have already began pouring the 3 glasses for the men while waiting for a response.

James followed Growl down through the compound and grinned. He could see that this place was well owned and well used. Judging by the way these men handled themselves, he could tell they were not the worthless scum they ordinarily had to hire.

Taking a seat, James laughed, "I never found a good excuse to say no to alcohol." He passed a cigarette to each of those present. A little tobacco went a long way, especially with alcohol. 'Aye, many questions. For starters I need to know about ye company. How many, how long, and what are yole willing to do? What can ye do, and who else are ye working for?"

He had lots of time to think this over on the way and for once was semi prepared for a meeting.

[member="Growl"]

Commander Kyle would pass [member="James Justice"] and Growl a scotch glass filled halfway with whiskey after taking a cigarette and saying very politely "Thank you Mr.Justice".

Commander Kyle was a very direct man and he too had time to plan for this meeting,he answered each question swiftly and in a rather cheerful tone.

"We currently have sixteen-hundred and thirty eight employees who serve as mercenaries,we have another 800 employees who serve as Engineers,Mechanics,Scientist for our R&D lab you probably saw as you came in the gate and of course our very own naval fleet consisting of 11 ships".

"We have been around for 31 years,4 months,21 days,3 minuets,and..." Commander Kyle would look down at his watch "19 seconds!".His facial expression and tone of his voice showed he was very proud of himself."You see Mr.Justice my father started this company 31 years ago,he dreamed of the perfect private military contractor.He later learned there was no such thing but that is a story for another day,anyway I took control of the company 5 years ago when my father died of Falsin's Rot.He caught the terrible disease on a mission,he was on a planet known as Nyriaan".

Commander Kyle paused for a moment clearly saddened about his fathers death but kept on with the meeting as it was very important to him...they owed Growl one hell of a favor better spent now then later.

"Here at the Cardinal Company we are willing to do anything if the price is right,from Genocide to boarding missions.Hell,we'll blow up a planet assuming we have the firepower"."As far as what CAN we do here at the Cardinal Company we like to allow our clients to judge us themselves but I can tell you that we have NEVER failed a mission nor have we betrayed anyone.We are also the most loyal PMC you can find."

Commander Kyle slightly shifted positions in his chair setting down the glass on a nearby table letting out a slight clink."Currently we have no other notable clients but we do have around 10% of our infantry force being used around the galaxy by smugglers,pirates,and even warlords on backwater worlds".Commander Kyle sat back in his chair hands pressed together awaiting a response.

James listened intently. The numbers were lost on him, he was not a details person but he got the idea. Lots of people. Lots of work. Efficient. Just how he liked it.

Taking a drink he gave a nice sigh, "Good one there, mate." Sitting back and getting semi comfortable, James began puffing out a steady stream of smoke. "Here are the basics. I need a military. I have had a few," he searched for the words, "opportunities arrive that seem to be pretty profitable. If ye are interested my head of security trusts ye. So I do too. The offers there but I need one thing: exclusivity." He let out a steady stream of smoke and grinned "how's that sound for ye mate?"

[member="Growl"]

Commander Kyle pondered about what had been asked of him and said "I can guarantee that we will aid no other larger factions or any smaller factions who are against you.If they attempt to hire us and then turn against you our mercenaries will leave either peacefully or by force if whoever took them on is attempting to hold them.This is the best I can do for you as we need to make money.I could offer you our entire company for a price of 225,000,000 credits and hell id even lower it to 220,000,000 because you're a friend of Growls but my father always said having many weak allies is better than one strong one".

Commander Kyle would reach behind his chair and offer the rest of the bottle containing Whyren's Reserve Batch NN182."Here Mr.Justice,whether you wish to use our services or not you are clearly a man of ambition and I wish for you to have this.I prefer Rodian Wine anyway".

[member="James Justice"]

James nodded, thinking. He could use the forces for sure and the solidarity could answer many questions. He didn't dare hire mercenaries this skilled with this many. Money talked of course, and there were always more richer than him.

He accepted the wine with a wry grin, "Will ye take a payment plan, mate?"

[member="Growl"]

Commander Kyle smiled back at [member="James Justice"] before responding with "The entire 2nd Ranger Company is free as we owe a favor to our dear friend Growl but any future mercenaries can be hired via a payment plan with you paying half whenever you hire them and another quarter every 2 weeks to a month.Now of course we would have to charge interest as when we get paid so do our mercenaries so I think a 5% interest rate is fair enough for a man of your standing".

James, yet again was lost in the numbers, but he got the gist. Nodding, he processed the info. He puffed a cloud of smoke around his body. "Ye are a wise man. And fair. I thank ye for that. If ye ever need anything moved, feel free to call me," he chuckled and winked. "We are of course, the best at that and will glady do so for a reduced price. A friend of a friend is a friend. I think that is what they say after all."

The man took a drink of alcohol as he waited for a reply, careful to watch the man's answer.

Commander Kyle let out a sly "Agreed Mr.Justice" as he rose from his chair motioning for [member="James Justice"] and Growl to follow.Commander Kyle would stop in front of the Wedge of 2nd Ranger Company mercenaries and say these words loudly and with authority "This man here to my right is James Justice,as most of you know the man to my right is Growl or as some of you know him by his real name 'Durant'".Commander Kyle paused a moment pondering his next choice of words.

"You will take orders from Growl who takes orders from Mr.Justice,you are hereby declared members of Justice Shipping Ltd. until you die or retire!Is this understood?!" Commander Kyle would shout in the hangar causing the noise to echo and linger like garlic on the breath.

"OORAH!" would boom from the mass of 100 2nd Rangers as they turned cocking their rifles back saluting in the direction of James and Growl."Dismissed Rangers!" Commander Kyle would shout one last time as the Rangers made their way out of the hangar and to their barracks for the last time to gather their personal belongings.

The words echoed though the hangar and the troops began to gather and exit, while James looked on. He nodded to Growl, "Sounds like a job well done, mate." He began to slowly make his way to the door, "we will need to set up a base here, I feel, LC-2 can't hold that many." he grinned and waved it away, "but another time. For now, we celebrate. I know of a few good bars around here if ye are interested and a few twe'liks who adore a man in armor," he gave the man a gentle elbowing and a knowing look. He had honestly never seen Growl with a woman, but he figured his charm would be enough to overflow and help his wingmate get lucky. It was the least he owed him after helping score that big of an army on friendship alone. James climbed on his ship and went to the controls, another job well done. "All in a days work, all in a days work."

[member="Growl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom