Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Duel of Bards!

Objective Destroy other in verse!

She rosined up her bow. They were in a wide open tavern in the heart of Theed. this young upstart had challenged the hundred and twele year old Edlorai woman to a duel. So she waited, playing a jaunty little tune on her violin for her competition to arrive!

[member="Sierce Alderech"]

Sierce Alderech

S
Performance was a thing that was held near and dear to the hybrid that was Sierce Alderech. He wielded his bow like one of the great painters did their brush, like an author did their pen. Now when someone came around, no matter how old they were nor how skilled they claimed to be, it was only natural that he'd wish to test his skills. After all, the entertainment industry was one of constant ebb and flow. It'd be criminal for him not to research any potential competition.

Arriving at the tavern, the Canticum Irae and her counterpart resting in the case at his back, he greeted all with good natured smile and a polite bow. "I take it you're the one I'll be playing against, no?" He drawled, returning to his full height to unpack and tune his treasured tools.

[member="Saeryn the Bard"]

She bowed and smiled. It was on now! But first a wager!

"I am your competition fellow bard. But first before we play you must wager me something, and I you. The loser shall concede. We shall be judged by a jury of the public!"

She rosined up her bow some more and then placed the violin to her cheek.

"I challenge you two parts. A verse and a musical part to go with it. But first the prelude as we begin the wager!"

She played a tune that went like this.

https://youtu.be/_oNpmSAvpGQ?list=RDdQiNVk_u0po

Sierce Alderech

S
"A wager you say?" A thin brow rose at that. And here he was just trying to enjoy the frivolity of the night, maybe play a few tunes.

Drawing his bow along strings, tuning as he went, the fifths ringing in the air. When satisfied, he rested his violin on his hip, letting the other finish her song.

"You're going to have to be more specific. A musical part? Perhaps you mean a chorus?" His instrument returned to its place at his neck, bow to the strings, as he called forth a song of his own. The notes rising and falling from forte to piano as the composer called.

"Aye aye, a Chorus and Verse. Now your wager please."

His song was pleasing to her ears. She felt the magic in the notes. a deep vibration in the force. But would he feel the vibrations in hers?

"What do you wager I wonder? Would you tear this world asunder?"

Sierce Alderech

S
A grin ghosted across Sierce's features. The parameters of the contest were simple enough. Picking the songs themselves would be the biggest challenge. As for a wager...He was confident in his abilities, no doubt, yet placing stake in a silly contest hardly held any interest to the man.

"I think a challenge of pride is a wager in itself, but for the sake of this...20 credits? 200?" Truly, he cared little for the winnings. The satisfaction that came with playing was all he was interested in.

Sierce Alderech

S
A short laugh escaped his throat. That certainly wasn't asking for trouble, regardless of who the winner was. His loyalty was an item to be bought and sold to the highest bitter in whatever moment he found convenient, the one who'd provide the most interesting stories to tell, not a prize to be won. The blond could nearly take insult to the very notion.

"Being tied down to one person? There's hardly any fun in that."

"This is my price. If I lose, I am at your call for a period of one Galactic year. If I win, you shall be at my call for the same. Doubt you, your skills?"

She snickered. It was a play on his ego. The fire Crackled. The crowd watched.

"Well?"

OOC: We sill say about two threads to be fair. (Complete ones!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom