Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Drunk, Sort-Of-But-Not-Really-Merchant and a Drunk, Really-Is-A-Veteran Go to A Ship

[Continuation of THIS THREAD, THIS THREAD RIGHT HERE THAT IS LOCATED AT THE END OF THE SENTENCE RIGHT HERE.....just kidding it's here. But not here.]

[member="Edward Blake"]

After three falls on her part, a couple of breaks on Eddie's, and finally a taxi cab paid by both, Crix and her newfound (friend? Guardian? The world may never know!) finally made it to the hangar where her ship, Big Boy, was located.

As the two drew close to the freighter, Crix could make out a figure standing next to the boarding ramp, a haze of smoke surrounding its head. Uh oh. Even in her state, the merchant knew who that person was -- and that she was probably in deep doo-doo.

Which didn't make a lick of sense, considering who the figure was, and who Crix was. But, it was how the universe worked in scenarios like this.

The figure shifted from its left foot to its right, and plucked the cigarra out of its mouth. "So, Captain, you finally decided to come back home?" The person, a female Zabrak, had a deep, gravelly voice that testament to her nasty habit. "Oh, look, you brought a friend too. Did you waste all our credits on 'im, or did you divide it with the rum?"

"Oh, shoot," Crix muttered. Leaning in close to Eddie, she whispered, "That's my first mate; Sali Haszyn. She dun't like it when I go out and drink." In a louder voice, Crix replied, "Saaaaaaaaaaali! I don't wanna deal with it now; We're hurt!"

"Mm-hm. Sure ya are." It was evident from the way she continued to puff on her cigarra, and from her tone, that Sali didn't believe her captain one bit. At least, until she was close enough to see the blood. "Crimey!" the Zabrak exclaimed, shoving her cigarra in between her teeth. "What've you two's been doin'? Get on in here, an' I'll patch ya up."

Eddie had Crix's arm around his shoulders and neck as they entered the ship, dripping blood on the walkway of the ramp. The seasoned commando and previous vigilante looked at the Zabrak woman.

"I got cut. She's fine, though. I just need some...ugh..."

The Comedian nearly fell over, dizzy from the lack of blood and exhausted from the long walk. He handed the Mirialan to her first mate and leaned agaist the railing for support.

He was losing his touch, damn it.

The large guy stumbled towards Sali, holding his bloody bicep up for her to look at.

"Think you can...you can fix this?"

He nearly hit the floor then with a wave of nausea.

He didn't look too hot.

[member="Crix Aigee"]

[member="Edward Blake"]

Sali, with the expertise of someone who'd done this before, scooped Crix up in one arm and Eddie in the other (though it was more like Crix was tossed over one shoulder and the other free arm was wrapped around the man). The Mirialan made a soft noise of protest, not wanting to let go of him, but Sali hushed her before answering Eddie's question. "Yeah. I kin patch ya up, just gotta make it to th' infirmary first."

The Zabrak woman, who was much stronger than she looked thanks to a strict exercise regime (she was aware of the irony, yes), began to drag the intoxicated individuals down the hall. If anyone had been observing the trio, they would have been privy to a rather comical sight -- especially since Sali was trying to make sure her horns didn't cause additional damage.

"Sali!" Crix whined. "Quit bouncing! I'm gonna--geurgh..." Though her hiccups had disappeared, nausea had taken its place and the Mirialan was now trying not to empty her stomach.

"I'm not bouncing girl, so hush up will ya? Focus on yer stomach!" Despite the fact that Crix outranked Sali, the way the two spoke to each other was testament to a bond that went deeper than status. Sali was, after all, the only crew member of Crix to insist on staying despite the less than reliable income, and of course the demons that haunted the younger woman.

They finally arrived, and the Zabrak woman set Eddie down on one bed, and Crix on the other. Well, Crix flopped more than anything else, but that was beside the point. Sali then got out the first aid kit, tossing a towel to the man before getting everything ready to fix Eddie's bicep. "Two questions while ya wait, sweetheart," she said. "First, what's yer name, and what happened?"

"Saaaali, you knoooow my naaaame!" Crix cried out, rolling onto her side.

"Not you, Green Bean. Your boyfriend there."

Blake looked at the Zabrak and winced ever so slightly as he applied pressure to the wound with the towel.

"Not her boyfriend, lady. Name's Eddie. Eddie Blake. We were, uh, drinking when some swoop gangers came by and started some trouble. I took care of them, but got hit. She's fine, just a bit woozy. Ok, maybe more than a bit."

The Comedian looked at the previously white towel as it steadily turned red. The muscular bicep looked like a tomato at this point. The room began to spin at the realization of just how much blood he lost.

Blake procured a cigar from a pocket on his belt and fumbled for a lighter. Damn, he must've dropped it back at the alley.

"You sound like a smoker. You got a light? It'll help a hell of a lot."

Blake then looked at Crix and winked weakly, almost to say that he was gonna be ok.

That charmer, him.

[member="Crix Aigee"]

[member="Edward Blake"]

"Gee, I sound like a smoker? I can't imagine why," Sali said as she turned around, her cigarra still hanging from her lip. In her hands were a tourniquet assembly; a bottle of straight, clear whiskey; a surgical needle and thread; and fresh bandages.

Seeing the blood caused the Zabrak to grimace, but she quickly set about getting the tourniquet ready and cleaning the wound, pausing only to give Eddie a cigarra and a lighter. Crix, meanwhile, was passed out for the moment, snoring softly as a small trickle of drool traveled down the side of her cheek.

"So, ya said you's two ran into a swoop gang? If ya ain't her boyfriend, then why'd ya protect her?" The Zabrak paused for a moment, her orange eyes studying the human critically. "No offense, but there ain't many folks out there who'd do somethin' like that outta the kindness of their heart." Sali grimaced again, but for a different reason. "An' I shoulda been there with 'er, anyway, 'stead of leaving it up ta strangers ta take care of 'er."

The tourniquet finished, she paused in her cleaning to look at the snoozing Mirialan over the human male. "She's my cap'n, but I feel more responsible for 'er than anything else. Believe it or not, but merchantin' ain't as safe as it sounds. Folks get all sorts a' delusions, thinkin' we're rich an' all. Truth is, we're barely scrapin' by."

Eddie shrugged, taking a puff on the cigarra as his arm was patched up.

"What can I say? I just don't like those Sithspits pushing around everyone. Back in my day...eh, never mind."

The Comedian looked at Crix sleeping and softly smiled, the edge fading off. He wouldn't admit it, but he did feel something towards the Mirialian...

Blake cocked an eyebrow at the comment about the merchant's financial situation.

"I got a bit of dough if you need it. Not too much, but, hey. It's better than nothing."

Truth was that Eddie was broke. He was probably gonna stay that way for a while, but he could do some work to scrape up something for the two women.

If they wanted, that is.

He would bring it up when it was applicable.

[member="Crix Aigee"]

[member="Edward Blake"]

Sali scowled at Eddie. "Thanks, but no thanks. I wasn't askin' fer charity, mister. Don't wanna be indebted to yet another fellow, anyway."

The cleaning done, the Zabrak threaded her needle and handed him the whiskey. " 'Ere, drink this; it'll help with th' pain."

Crix, meanwhile, was still snoring, this time on her side. One arm was flopped over her head and the other was hanging off the table. At the mention of a drink, though, the Mirialan's eyes opened. "Mmmmmwhmpphhh?" She sat up, a hand rubbing her forehead. "I wanna drink, too..." She swung her legs over the side of the bed, looked at Sali and Eddie, looked at the wound on Eddie's bicep...

...and promptly vomited down herself. "Uh oh."

"Oh, Crix!" Sali sighed. "Ya should've just stayed there, hon." Setting down the needle, the Zabrak shot Eddie a look and went to the sink, grabbing a towel and wetting it slightly.

Crix began to cry a little, looking down at herself in distress. "I ruined my clothes!"

"It'll come out." Sali tossed the towel at Crix, who fumbled slightly before wiping it off, a grossed-out look on her face. The Zabrak sat back down and picked the needle up again. "I imagine you'll be glad ta get outta here, huh?"

"Nah, no more to drink for me. I'm good."

The Comedian inhaled almost half of the cigarra in one breath, letting loose a cloud of smoke before sighing in content.

Blake looked at Crix in sympathy, vomit covering her clothes.

"Oh, man. Poor kid. She's lucky I was there. Those guys, they're animals...I had beef with them before when they were more organized."

Eddie cracked his neck, displeased by the memories. That Comedian was gone, but sometimes, he secretly wondered if he could bring him back. Eh. He then turned to Crix after looking at his stiches. Not bad at all.

"I can see why you like her. Nice stiches, Sali. You former military? Or fabric selling trains you in sewing?"

[member="Crix Aigee"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom