Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Different Perspective

Laminanium (( Objective : With two or more other writers, complete a role-play in reverse, starting with it’s end and ending with it’s beginning –OR-- complete a role-play from an NPC’s perspective who is accompanying your character. ))
[member="Judah Dashiell"]

The ship came into land on the remote outpost of Tabaqui. This world, once prosperous, had fallen into chaos during the Dark Age, and only recently been reclaimed. It was still a dangerous place, and the people running it needed assistance in maintaining the peace.

The Tachyon Light Freighter came to touch down on the landing pad, and out of it came a human female and a droid.

The droid, an R9 unit, beeped and whistled to itself as it followed its mistress towards the central building.

R9-D6 rotated his dome, scanning, then sounded an enquiry to his owner, in beeps of course.
Mistress, take the second door on the left.

Lacy Lennox fumbled for her translator, read, nodded. "Got it, let's go. We don't want to keep Mr Dashiell waiting."

[member="Lacy Lennox"]

The central building was really a big manufacturing center with a few offices tucked in along the sides. Things on Tabaqui were still quite primitive compared to other aspects of the Galaxy. Operations for Salacia Consolidated were the less advanced here than anywhere else. The workforce was unskilled and untrusting still. Not many wanted to come and work full time on a planet that had not much to offer.

A freelancer wanted to meet him about security. Newly minted Head of Security Hutchinson must be busy, so Judah was handling this one. It would be curious to see why the woman had come here. Normally he reached out, not the other way around.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]
"Mr Dashiell will see you now," a man said, leading them forward. R9 rolled forward after Lacy, but was stopped. "Hey, no droids."
R9 beeped indignantly.
"It's OK, R9, stay here. I'll find you when I'm done."
Tootling unhappily, R9 rolled away to find a charging station. As he rolled into a room with some of the other base's droids he wondered what his Mistress was discussing.
Rolling over to a silver protocol droid he beeped an inquiry. May I access your network to download some scans of the planet? Hopefully this droid wouldn't be as snooty as they usually were.

[member="Lacy Lennox"]

Normally Judah didn't have a problem with droids. When it came to business dealings, you never know who or what may be snooping around. He wouldn't put Salacia Consolidated in the 'powerhouse' or 'ultra-conglomerate' category, but that still wouldn't stop others from trying to dismantle it. Copy things and take the sector of the market over. Who knows.

"Miss Lennox, I assume? Welcome to Tabaqui."

Meanwhile, the less than snooty protocol droid looked at the little unit. It did a metallic shrug, motioning towards a charging station.

What do I care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom