Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Deadly Gift

As far as the people of Nar Shaddaa, the citizens and vacationers alike, were aware the clubbed named The Black Adder wasn't majorly different than any other high end club upon the moon-city. It had a VIP area for those with high amounts of personal wealth, it had a basic area where even those with a lower amount of wealth could gamble away their money, there were strippers and dancing willing to entertain and drinks flowed freely. Indeed, for those that had no inclusive knowledge, those that were not privileged enough to learn that an Adder held secrets and threats, would be left unaware of the true nature of The Black Adder. For, beneath its pumping, heady beat and flashing distractions, a dark, shadowy secret loomed.

Beneath the lower floor of The Black Adder, down a security laden elevator that required those that entered to jump through loop after loop of checks to even activate, was a room soundproofed and lacking in the ostentatious decoration of the club, sporting a much more sophisticated and cold atmosphere. Leather and glass filled the open space while black, heavy curtains hid what happened within the room from any that may choose to try and spy through the thick layers of bullet proof glass.

bc9a6888bf7d83114b9ad3fd75f46d56.jpg

b96554bfd6ef75a3aa3465261c7fd7fb.jpg

At the suspended platform to the side of the elevator, a meeting table for those within the upper echelon of the Sith Assassins and any that they may choose to invite, Darth Lykos - a Council Member with the title of The White Assassin and Aspect of Conquest - sat, calmly sipping at a glass tumbler of bourbon. At his side was a long and thin shape wrapped in a fine, white cloth as it rested, undisturbed, atop the glass table.

Dressed as he normally was in a thin, but obscuring, black robe, nothing could be seen of anything that the Zabrak may be wearing. Unusually for him, the cowl of the robe was draw back, along his scared visage and empty eye socket along with the ashen grey hair that was pulled back into dreadlocks that wove around jagged, bloodstained horns.

Sighing softly, Lykos continued to wait for the arrival of one of the new Assassins beneath his command, [member="Honas'di"].

The Nelvaanian, enterred The Black Adder glancing around the dancing, drinking and general fun. Somewhat bewildered, nevertheless he would stomp his way around the crowd, suprisingly wearing a black and grey tunic and a hood covering his face. His large stature hard to miss. Snatching a drink from the bar in passing, with the customer looking in the direction of the tall creature quickly shaking his head and asking for another. He would finally make his way to the elevator, calling for it with his sharpened index nail. The doors would spring open.

He took a step within, eyeing the luxurious design of everything on his way here. Before, the doors sealed. He was scanned by a form of scanner, then ordered to speak his name. "Honas'di" He growled, in an instant response. Then having to enter... a code. Followed by speaking another password. The code he got incorrect, and the vocal password too. Though, it seemed someone was expecting him. The lift was override and he was sent down to the safehouse.

The doors slowly revealed Honas'di, before he would step his bare-foot out onto the reflective floor. Turning his head, and sensing the Zabrak on the suspended platform, with a stride in his step he would make his way over before narrowing his eyes at the familiar face. "Ah, Darth Lykos." He then made his way over opposite him, leaning onto one of the chairs, his eyes lingering onto the suprisingly long-wrapped object next to him.

[member="Darth Lykos"]

The first hint that Lykos had of his guests arrival was not the voice that growled out a greeting, but, instead, the introduction of a new scent into the room. It was amusing to the Zabrak, one who had trained to utilise all of his five senses while in any situation - whether that be in or out of combat, how neglected the scent of smell so often was. As such, the growled greeting did little to surprise the Zabrak, leaving him to continue as he had already been; sitting silently as he continued to sip at his drink in silent thought. So, when the Nelvaanian squeezed himself into the seat opposite to him, Lykos reacted only by silently raising his tumbler in greeting before quickly knocking back the last of his drink, the amber liquid leaving a pleasant burn in his throat.

"I would recommend, in the future, not relying upon my override of the elevator to enter this area. It is not very becoming of an Assassin, Honas'di." Lykos' voice came out somewhere between a growl and a gruff voice, the natural growls of his native language having an effect upon his voice even when he was speaking Basic.

Pushing himself to his feet, Lykos turned to place the now empty glass tumbler on the bar behind him, speaking over his shoulder as he did so. "Now, to conclude our business quickly and ensure that we can both go on our ways without drawing too much attention. It has come to my attention that you are currently wielding a rather basic and simple piece of weaponry. A spear of no particular strength, correct?" Here Lykos would turn from the bar and lean back against the polished wood, single eye fixed upon Honas'di. "Since the Assassins currently lack a Quartermaster and I have a particular skill in crafting metal works, I thought it prudent to ensure that an Assassin under my command is in possession of suitable weaponry."

Gesturing nonchalantly, the cloth-wrapped object on the table would be pulled upwards through a basic manipulation of the Force before the white cloth would slowly unravel itself and slid back down onto the glass top of the table with only the faintest whispers of cloth ruining over cloth. Left hovering in front of Honas'di was a spear. One nearly 11 feet in length and possessing a shaft of polished, dark brown wood and a head of pitch black metal. "May I introduce you to Darkbite."

[member="Honas'di"]

The Nelvaanian, sighed briefly nodding at his statement about the elevator. Nevertheless, he listened carefully to the Sith Lord's words. As he mentioned his current spear, the large creature would glance to the elevator, then back to the Zabrak. "Hm, yes. My current weaponry is lacking." He murmered out of his mouth, almost embarrasedly. Though, he gave a sharp nod of his head following. He then tucked the chair in closer, continuing to nod after most of his words.

As he revealed the spear, removing the white cloth layed over it. He would feel a rush of darkside energy, flow past him. Almost intisively. He layed his claws on the table, tapping lightly, eager to grab onto the wooden shaft. "This- this, is for me?" He almost whimpered. He had never been gifted an object in his life. Everything had been earned or gain. That was his culture, though he was astonished.

His facial expression showed shock, though he was still intrigued to see what he wanted in return for such a weapon. "What does- do you need, for it?" He replied with.

[member="Darth Lykos"]

A soft, barely there smirk of dark amusement pulled at scarred lips as Lykos watched the shock run through Honas'di and be shown so vividly upon his features. It was grimly amusing to Lykos as to how badly the Acolyte was controlling his emotions and expressions, but, then again, his file did list him as being, in Honas'di's own words, an anti-stealth assassin. Allowing his dark amusement to lead him momentarily, he temporarily ignored the Nelvaanian's question as to the price for Darkbite, Lykos chose to release his telekinetic hold upon the spear, letting it fall upon the table in front of Honas'di that broke the silence of the expansive room with a loud clatter of metal upon glass.

Abandoning his position leaning against the bar, Lykos began to slowly pace along the length of the table, his fierce amber gaze never leaving Honas'di. "Yes, Darkbite is for you. A gift, if you will, so as to ensure that you can serve to a higher potential within the ranks of the Assassins. It would not be prudent, after all, for the Council to send out under-armed agents to, no?" Chuckling dryly, Lykos paused in his pacing to lean onto the table, both cybernetic and flesh and blood hand flat against the glass as Lykos locked his gaze with Honas'di directly. "Of course, we are Sith. You are correct that a price has been enacted."

Compared to his fellow Council Members, Lykos knew that he might be viewed as nothing special. Krest was a old warrior: fighting on the front lines, aged and holding contacts and influence with some of the more influential Sith of the galaxy. Darth Ophidia was much the same when it came to contacts and notoriety within the upper levels of the hierarchy of the Sith but what she lacked in brute strength she made up for in her Mastery of the Mental Arts. Darth Abyss, a fellow student of Ophidia, also held notoriety along side his delving into the arcane and managing businesses and crime. In comparison, Lykos held no such notoriety, held no such influence within the Hierarchy of the Sith, had not delved into the arcane or twisting a mind or becoming a beast upon the field of battle. But, that did not mean him weak, for he hid by not being noticed, held back his Presence within the Force constantly and kept his study of the Dark and Shadows secret.

In that moment, the true Lykos would be revealed to Honas'di as a slowly slithering Presence would reach out into the Force, seemingly dripping with Darkness as viscous shadows would begin to apparently form along his skin. His amber eye would begin to glow with an inner light, illuminated in a sickly and unnatural way as the veins along his neck and face would begin to darken, standing out as rivers of black against tanned skin. Honas'di would begin to feel a pressure push down upon his shoulders and tighten around his throat, not to the point that he couldn't breathe but to the point that it was very much noticeable. When Lykos spoke again, his voice sounded deeper, holding a much darker growl to it while a second voice, higher and hissing, seemed to coil around his words.

"The Price you pay for Darkbite is simple, really. You belong to me, to the Council, to the Assassins. Until you gain strength to remove these shackles, to begin to wield them yourself while still under the banner of the Assassin, you are mine as well as the Pale Assassin, the Red and the Black. We - Conquest, Death, War and Famine - own you. You are our Assassin, our agent to wield for the interest of the group and the Shadows and Dark as well. While you hold Darkbite, you are an Assassin, you will not falter in your duty. But, if you do," by now Lykos' full Presence within the Force was revealed, an insidious shadow that hung over Honas'di's shoulders, the gaze of a predator hidden within the darkness, "you will suffer."

As soon as it had come, Lykos' Presence within the Force was once more hidden and occluded, the pressure gone form the room. Pushing himself back into an upright position, Lykos stood, back straight and his hands clasped behind his back, as his gaze continued to lock with the Nelvaanian. "Understood?"

[member="Honas'di"]

He twisted his head as the Zabrak chuckled though listened along. He nodded continuously, seeming listening closely for anything he didn't like within the deal though, he continued to nod his head. "Hm, right- right." He said, lowly. He watched the spear drop and then roll towards him, he was unsure of what he was expecting. Though, the Nelvaanian continued to stay still, watching on, his eyes focused on the spear until the Sith Lord began to change...

As his form changed, and he revealed his true self, the blue giant felt the power on his shoulders holding him down. "Erggh--" He attempting to resist it at first, though quickly realised he couldn't. His teeth grinding against each other, as he released a continuous growl, listening closely to his words. He wasn't afraid, just angered by the actions of the Zabrak. His words drove themselves deep within Honas'di. He understood why the council decided to grant him this weapon.

As he returned to his usual state, the pressure dissipating from his shoulders. He would barely be able to control himself, though he would bring himself to a mild state of calmness, digging his claws into the armrests of the chair he was sat in. "I- understand." He quickly snapped, a quiet snarl in his voice.

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Rather than getting annoyed at the display of anger, Lykos instead began to slowly chuckle once more, once much more lively than his softer, breathy ones. These were much more feral, much more similar to full on growls that revealed his animalstic nature and the feral inheritance of his race. The smirk that pulled at his lips was much more wider, also much more primal in nature as this time his scarred lips would curl back to reveal blood-stained, sharpened and pointed teeth. The display of restrained violence, the sight of the desire to lash out at him that coiled within the Nelvaniaan's muscles and caused him to dig his claws into the leather armrests so as to fight to keep himself calm. All of it served to amuse Lykos.

"Good. Feel that anger, let it burn within you, let it smolder into a frozen ember that still contains all of that furious rage. Use it to force yourself forwards, to fight for what you need. Use it to grow, to evolve, to fight back stagnation. Those shackles that you just felt, seek to cast it off, to master the Dark and stand not beneath but equal within the Shadows. You are mine, as all Assassins are, but fight to transcend, to evolve past this state. Use that anger, and grow. Prove yourself, Honas'di, as worthy among our ranks. Harness anger and rage, no matter where it may come from, and work with it. Never control or be controlled."

His little speech over, Lykos once more resumed his seat, leaning back against the back rest as he let his body slouch; his muscles remaining tense and alert all the while, though. Humming softly to himself, he cast his eye along Honas'di's features once more. When he spoke again, he spoke much softer, albeit no less harshly.

"What say you to that?"

[member="Honas'di"]

The Zabrak chuckled. The Nelvaanian growled. This altercation, was an interesting one. Honas'di was fighting back the urge to lash out, though he managed to drive the anger deep down, sending it within himself almost charging himself. He managed to listen to the Sith Lord's words, taking a sense of inspiration from it. He wanted to prove himself, it has always been his goal.

Becoming a high ranking member of the Sith Assassins, was his goal. Let alone, becoming a higher-ranking Sith in general. The council, was what he aspired to sit upon. Though, alot of work would need to be put in before getting to such a stage. He managed to contain himself, replying with a similar tone to before.

"I will strive, to show you that I am worthy." He emitted a soft growl. "I will one day be able to stand my ground against you. Alongside you. I wish to become like you, the pale, the red and black assassin. That is my goal, and I will achieve it. I will take your advice, I will harness my anger." The Nelvaanian spoke sense, rarely actually speaking with an ounce of intelligence, though this was one of the few things we aspired to be, cared for and most of all needed to prove.

[member="Darth Lykos"]

A smirk, the most common expression to cross the Zabrak's features during the past decade, would grow upon dry lips at the Nelvaanian's words, a soft growl growing within his throat - one that, if someone was to assign an emotion to it, would come somewhere close to satisfaction. "Good. Make sure you harbour you rage, let it not burn as an all consuming fire that will devour everything, carrying it, instead, as a frozen river of cold water - deadly, cold and something that can easily overwhelm someone, something that can be brought to bear as either a subtle stream or a roaring rapid."

The growl within his throat now subsiding, the smirk shrinking until Lykos' face was once more emotionless and stoic, The White Assassin resumed the seat he had been relaxing in when Honas'di had arrived. Behind him, guided by a telekinetic grip, a new tumbler of whisky was poured before the glass containing the amber liquid would float across the space between the table and the bar and settle before the Zabrak. Picking up the settled tumbler, Lykos brought it up to his lips, sipping at the whisky and savouring the slight burn along his throat.

"Dismissed." The silence that had settled would be broken by a single word before Lykos resumed staring into amber liquid, losing himself in thought as his dismissed Honas'di both vocally and within his own mind and thoughts.

[member="Honas'di"]

He would raise out of his seat, nodding his head to the Sith Lord. "I will." He simply replied, glancing to his new weapon before picking it up and slotting it onto his holster on his back. With a soft exhale, he would dip his head. "Thank you for the gift, I will not forget it." Turning on his heels to leave he would pause for a moment giving the Zabrak a glance, eyeing him as he drank from his glass. Then turning and heading straight for the elevator. The Nelvaanian, had new plans.

This meeting had set him onto a new course. One of power and destruction. In years to come, Darth Lykos would look back to this day and recognise it as the beginning of Darth Khulus' journey to power.

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom