Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day on Nar Shaddaa

The Enforcer had to make a conscious effort not to laugh aloud in response to his mentor's display. He coughed, sputtered, and damn near spilled his tea upon hearing Abel's remark. Apparently, it was either a point of great humor; or just outlandishness in Serian's mind. "Ah, so you're old, but not that old. I feel ya." came Abel's response. At this point, he began the final process of assembling the burgers. The toasted buns were laid upon a duo of pristine, white plates and Abel set about placing the first patties atop the bottoms. He then layered three types of cheese and two strips of bacon atop the first patty, placed the second patty on, repeated the process, and topped it with ketchup and a single leaf of iceberg lettuce in order to add a fresh crunch.

A somber silence befell him the instant that the burgers were constructed, and it became apparent that a new common ground was shared between them. The Enforcer was no stranger to the role of Avenger, for he had played it himself the night his father died. "I...am sorry for your loss." he began, lifting the plates and turning. It was strange to suddenly pick up on the change in Serian's emotions, but Abel had a knack for it. 'Twas one of the marvellous perks of being of Zeltron heritage. As the words fell from his mentor's lips, he could feel an acute sorrow welling into his aura, obviously cluing the Enforcer to the fact that the apprentice meant much more than simply a student. "I know what it feels like, going through that. The night my mother was killed...well, the old man went after the bastard responsible."

"Tore the karker limb from limb and left him mangled in the street. Not even a day after, the Sith did the same to him." he paused, stepping over so that he might set the plate before Serian and join him at the table. "When I found out, well...I hunted them down. It was the first time I had ever killed, but I just...I just had to make them pay." Abel then broke off, shaking the memories out of his head before focusing on the burger before him. He hoisted the succulent morsel to his lips and took a hefty bite, savoring its flavor for a few chews before swallowing. "And to answer your question, I've got three siblings: Josiah, Jax, and Swava. Josiah's the only one with a kid. I've also got a cousin running around somewhere, but that's about it."

@[member="Serian Loria"].

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
His emotions were leaking past his control. He didn’t really understand how he’d picked up on them, he wasn’t probing with Power, was it part of what he was? He tested his shields around his mind and closed off the leak, his emotions could be dangerous things and he didn’t want to influence the man by accident. He listened to his story, they had something in common, though he didn’t know if he had loved his father, he’d assume so for he had gone to avenge him.

The food was set in front of him and he moved to use a knife and fork, but saw he was eating it with his hands. He picked up the sandwich and took a bite, closing his eyes with relish. He chewed carefully, tasting then nodded “Its surprisingly good, I can’t cook at all, except to make tea. So I’ll gladly leave this beast of a kitchen to you.

Conversation. A meal with company. A rare treat considering and he wondered if his apprentice guessed at how truly infrequently he’d sat down to a meal with another person. In the light one might glimpse the faint silvery scars on his fingers, thin precise cuts, that crisscrossed over his digits. He had many scars, but the age of these ones spoke of him being a child and suffering the injuries. He didn’t speak of any family himself, though by now had he any they would have died long ago, but his parents both had died before he’d joined the Empire.

He wondered what it was like to have siblings, though had he had any he’d have been forced to compete with him or her. His father had been a monstrous man, but in the end his lessons had allowed him to survive. Still, the end didn’t justify the means and he’d never been one that took glory in torture, battle yes, but not making things suffer. Dark Malicote had been a rare fit of passion for him and he hoped such an event would never be sparked again. He had long ago accepted that things such as family, of trust, were not for the likes of him. Someone as tainted as he was could never hope to have sanctuary anywhere, nor lasting ties.

Abel would eventually finish his training with him and then their paths would part, the best he could hope for was respect from the man. He ignored that train of thought, it would be years before that happened and he’d enjoy it while it lasted.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

For the briefest of moments, the Enforcer was simply an empathetic sponge that drank deep the emotions leaking forth from his Master. Like a faucet that had not been turned all the way, the emotions came trickling forth; and Abel felt them all. It was strange for such a detached individual to have such sorrow dwelling within his heart; but then again, pain was the sort of thing that produced detached people. Abel was smart enough not to comment on any of this, of course, and simply took another bite of his burger whilst mulling over these things. By the time the melted cheese, bacon, and meat made it down his throat, however, the trickle of emotions had been turned off. This denoted that Serian had gotten a grip of himself, a fact that Abel respected immensely.

"Well, if you keep it stocked like it is now, you'll have plenty of good eating. That's for damn sure." he said in response, giving a nod and a half-smile before diving into his burger once more. The Enforcer then indulged in several hearty bites of his burger before setting it down momentarily, chewing it over. Then, he stood from his seat and returned to the fridge, seeking refreshment. There was orange juice, but that didn't mesh well with a burger, so Abel started seeking something else...And found something tropical and carbonated. Pouring himself a glass out of the bottle, Abel then closed the chill box, took a sip of his beverage, and returned to his seat. "So, let's address the elephant in the room, shall we?" he said rather non-chalantly before elaborating.

"You don't know a thing about me, save what I've just told you and that I'm from Nar Shaddaa. So, got any questions?"

@[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian chuckled “I know quite a bit about you actually, just not details from your background, just as you...know facets of mine. I don’t care about your past Abel, but if something from it comes stalking you and inconveniences me, I will crush it. What matters is your future, your training, your assistance in my endeavors, but I will aid you as I can in yours, I don’t plan on completely dominating your life for my purposes.

He made short work of the burger, drinking the orange juice and once he was finished he sighed. The headache was gone, he’d had a good meal, he was content. “Come.

He stood up grabbing the bowl of fruit, he might as well give him his first lesson now and the food was the best thing he could think of that was easy to clean. He’d have to prepare an area on the large property for training soon. He’d already made sure of the loyalties of his servants so he wasn’t worried that the old man and his daughter would be a threat.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

There was nothing more gratifying to a cook than watching their culinary masterpieces get devoured in a handful of bites. Whether Serian realized it or not, he had decimated the burger like a starving, impoverished child; and that fact was immensely immusing to the Enforcer. Keeping his peace, he sipped calmly from his beverage whilst watching his Master finish up his meal and did the same, placing his dish in the sink once he was finished. "Yeah, the only thing from my past that might potentially come knocking is an ex or two, but that I can handle." he said, obviously joking. However, knowing Serian, he'd take the joke literally; regardless of the goofy grin plastered across Abel's face. Nonetheless, when Serian beckoned him to follow, Abel did, straightaway. He didn't know exactly what was in store, but he was rather anxious.

"Alright, what's up now?"

Serian Loria

Serian smirked “Your first lesson. Tell me what your father taught you.He set the bowl on the table and stood looking out at the forest off in the distance. “I plan on setting up a training field for our use. I will be working you hard and I promise you’ll have plenty more things to dislike and complain about. First and foremost, tomorrow morning you will get up at dawn and you will get up at dawn every day as part of a routine. We can eat after, once you have a certain level of competency in what we will be doing I will change things.

He wasn’t much of a morning person himself either, he didn’t sleep well and as a result he often fell asleep in the afternoon, but he would suffer beside the man. Forgoing meals wasn’t a hardship for him, though he didn’t think Abel would like that part, but what they will be doing would not be good on a full stomach. He could do it because he’d been doing this routine for ages, but for his apprentice who was just starting out, he’d suffer for it. He could do the environmental changes later during the night, the forest would be a perfect place to conceal it. He wasn’t worried about anyone seeing, but putting it a fair distance would make the jog to it make more sense.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

The displeasure of the Enforcer manifested itself as an exasperated sigh. Abel was, simply put, a "go getter". He slept all day and played all night; unless he was on a job hunting a bounty. However, there was not much he could do in terms of arguing, as Serian struck him as the type who'd dump a bucket of icy water on his head if he did not comply with his demands...or worse. "Alright, fine. Get up early and skip breakfast." he said, acknowledging the order grudgingly. His hand then came to rub the back of his head as he fished about his memories, attemping to articulate all that he had learned at the feet of his sire all those years ago. "Well, let's see...he basically taught me how to use a lightsaber form. What was it called...ah...hmm...Shik...no...Shich...no, that's not it. Shii-Cho! Yeah, that one. Basic stuff. He also taught me how to shove things through the Force and yank them towards me, but that's about all I've got. Oh, and, I don't know if this is Force-related, but I can sorta kinda do electric stuff." Abel shrugged as if this ability was normal and extended his palm, manifesting a flurry of dancing sparks as to demonstrate his meaning.

Serian Loria

Serian could not believe his ears, his father hadn’t taught him the single most basic power that formed the foundation for his training. One hand rose to touch his face as he shook his head “I’m sorry, but your father…” He sighed, the sound conveying his supreme exasperation “Alright.” He dropped his hand and looked at him “Sit on the ground in a comfortable position and focus your mind inward, as if you are reaching for something or calling something to you.

It was how he had learned, now Abel would too. He couldn’t tell him more than that, everyone who became aware of the Force in and around them perceived it differently. The resulting sensation seemed always be very similar and caused an intense giddy lightheadedness, which was why standing for that first exposure was a bad idea. He waited to feel his fledgling aura to flash, a tell tale sign that his student had succeeded. He carefully made sure his own aura was hidden from his Sight for his presence would probably cause him distress. He remembered the first glimpse of his former Master’s aura, it had been quite a shock, for that immense presence had crouched like a lurking beast. His however wasn’t like that, but it would still be a surprise at how strong it was, a mark of his rank.

He moved back into the house removing his shoes, socks and jacket, unbuttoning the cuffs of his sleeves and pushing them up, he also unbuttoned a couple buttons at his collar. He walked back outside sitting in one of the chairs to wait, it had taken him almost three hours to awaken his Senses. Out of all the skills one could learn, he’d yet to learn a single one that took so much time.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

The Enforcer's right eyebrow skyrocketed at the words that the Master spoke. One of the few triggers that Abel possessed was ill mention of his family, deceased or living; and fortunately Serian had not said anything derogatory or otherwise about Radia. Otherwise, Abel would have attempted to slug the man and he'd have been out an apprentice. Funny how those things went. Nonetheless, the Enforcer said no words and obeyed, lowering himself to the ground. He sat casually, and inhaled a deep breath before muttering: "Aight." Lulling his eyes to a close, Abel was initially distracted by his thoughts. He acknowledged that his Master had simply walked inside to leave him to this vague task, and that alone irked him slightly. However, Abel was a touch too prideful to seek additional instructions.

His thoughts then ran through a variety of topics, such as how strange the day had been and what he hoped to learn through all of this. However, slowly but surely, his busy mind slowed and Abel began to block out the sounds around him. He ignored the hum of the air conditioning units. He ignored the chirps of the birds. He ignored the beating of his own heart. All that mattered was drawing deep, calming breaths while attempting to reach that "something" that Serian had alluded to. Several fruitless minutes passed by and Abel did not feel any different, nor did he feel any sensation reminiscent to the Force. Unbeknowest to him, his knowledge thus far revolved around reliance upon heightened emotions. As such, his elementary knowledge of telekinetics only worked when he was literally in a "fighting" mood.

Regardless, as the minutes rolled into hours, Abel's search inward began to scratch the surface of something. There was an...enigmatic presence in the deepest recesses of his mind that had eluded all notice before. Upon recognizing its existence, the Enforcer then placed the totality of his attention and efforts upon it...and it responded in turn. The presence of his own, dormant signature in the Force suddenly fell upon him like a mighty tide; saturating his senses completely. His head suddenly felt light as he sensed himself through the Force, and the sensation only magnified as his "mind's eye" began to look around him. He could sense the ants moving in the grass, warring against the grasshoppers. He could sense the squirrels racing up and down the trees. It was damn near overwhelming and a shudder racing along Abel's spine broke him from the moment.

"Whoa." he said, steadying himself whilst shaking his head.

@[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian smiled, not a smirk, but a genuine smile, not only had the man touched the Force, he had also opened them to look outside himself while he was at it. He picked up an orange from the bowl near at hand, moving to stand across from Abel “Now, focus upon the fruit in my hand, watch what happens.

He extended his Power, enveloping it, the energy coating the fruit and then rose being pushed upwards, the energy then shifted to then move from his hand, towards him and then vanished. The orange dropping gently into his lap “Make the orange move back to my hand.

Being able to See the Force moving to someone’s will and affecting the things around them made watching and learning easier. It made calling upon it faster, he was willing to bet that after this he wouldn’t struggle so with his abilities. The exercise of moving the orange would basically teach him to use his imagination. Telekinesis was something that had limitless potential, the act of moving the fruit would teach him how to draw upon and interact with things. From there he can use that basic talent to say, give his limbs more force, make himself faster, all because he learned how to imbue food with energy.

This ability to Sense the world around you and the Force in everything, is the foundation of all the collective Force techniques.” Hense why he’d been so exasperated “By using this one thing, it aids in learning, but also makes one familiar with the flow of energy within themselves.

He picked up an apple from the bowl, using energy to pull out a small seed and carrying it to the grass. He set it on the ground and filled it with Power taking in a deep breath and letting it out, as he did the seed pulsed brightly, roots sprang forth digging deeply into the earth. It kept growing till it was only slightly taller than him, flowers burst forth and then the power faded. He opened his eyes and lifted a hand to touch one of the blossoms “The technique I used is called Plant Surge, I won’t teach you its nuances till later, just know this. The act of moving that orange is a key component in pretty much all force imbuing abilities. In a few weeks these flowers will form new apples, new chances to propagate and spread more life.

He broke off a tiny twig, the flower bobbing slightly, suddenly the glow of life drained into his fingers and the small branch withered and turned to dust that fell to drift on the wind. “Just as easily as I made life, taking it is just as easy. If I catch you being a bully with your new found power, I will sever your connection to the force and rip that power from you, understood?

He didn’t think he would, but he wanted him to know just what would happen in case he thought there would be no consequences. He then extended his hand waiting expectantly.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

Already the Enforcer was slightly "on edge" in response to his first, bonafide contact with the Force...and the sudden re-appearance of his mentor damn near caused him to leap out of his skin. He turned suddenly and exhaled a quick breath, allowing his heart to slow to a calmer pace before giving Serian a nod in response. It took a moment for Abel to center himself and reach out to the Force once more; but now that he knew where to go and how to go about accomplishing this task, it came much easier. This time around, it only took seconds for him to be able to sense to presence of the Force; especially since his Master was actively projecting Force energies about the fruit. Through his mind's eye, he watched the flight of the fruit as it lazily hovered through the air, concluding with its dropping onto his lap.

Upon being instructed to return the fruit to his Master's hand, Abel straightway cupped the fruit in the palms of his hands and began to focus...only to have said focus broken by Serian's follow up demonstration. What Abel saw literally blew his mind and he made a mental note to diligently seek that power out in the future. However, the threat placed upon both Alter Environment and his utilization of the Force was a...kill joy. Abel had no intention of abusing his abilities, of course, but nothing took the wonderment out of learning something new like a metaphorical gun to one's temple. Nonetheless, the Enforcer responded in a manner that could be expected of a Nar Shaddaa native. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it. I abuse it, I lose it." he said, before lulling his eyes to a close.

Abel then inhaled a deep breath and reached out with the Force once more, slowly guiding the energies about the orange with ease. This was much more controlled than his primal expulsions of telekinetic force, and it pleased him to no end when the orange lifted up at his command and sailed into Serian's waiting palm. His lips curled into a slight smirk, denoting his immense satisfaction with this turn of events. "There's your fruit, enjoy." he added.

@[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian snorted, amused at his cheek, choosing not to rebuff him as he his success pleased him. He did feel someone guilty for killing the joy he felt, but he wanted his student to know where he stood. “We’re done with the lessons, for now. Your things are all placed in the master bedroom on the right side of the house, the door closest to the stairs. Mine is situated as a mirror opposite to yours. If you need me, project your thoughts, I’ll leave you to figure out how to do it and I will expect success for tomorrow...that's all we will use to communicate.

He didn’t mention anything about seeing him at dinner, but then that minute detail to life at regular intervals was a stranger to him. He walked back into the house, his clothing wasn’t where he put it as it had been moved to his room, but he hardly noticed. Once he was in his room he undressed, showered, drying and putting on sleeping pants and going to bed. He was more tired than he had thought and he’d been pushing himself not only to get to Nar Shaddaa, but while on the planet and the display during the lesson. Showing off had drained his already ebbing pool of energy and as a result he needed a rest.

He’d sketch out in chalk a temporary area and then just take his time making a proper training area. He would have to dump considerable amounts of energy into turning the patch of forest into what he had in mind. Her’d need to sketch it out on paper first to use as a visual aid lest he forget something important, he could just wing it, but didn’t wish to.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom