Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day At the Library...

The Silver Temple Library, Voss
​[member="Leina Snowfire"]

Loki was bored. So very bored. He sighed as he propped his chin on the desk. The data crawling on the screen before him marched on.

It was supposed to be about Jedi history. It looked like ants marching in endless lines. They told him this would be good for him. The young Bimm was certain it wasn't.

He couldn't fall asleep. He'd tried and failed when the Head Librarian poked up out of sleep. Three times. Even now she was giving him that look​.

Loki gave his most winning grin as he sat up. Her frown deepened from behind her desk across the room. He turned his attention back to the screen. Grandmaster Satelle Shan blah blah blah....

[member="Loki"]

I want to be the best, there ever was... to beat all the rest yeah thats my cause..." Leina was skipping and singing to herself as with the new equipment that had been being developed by Sasori they were working to create something awesome... well okay it already was awesome now just had to use it when she had the six talismans on her belt for ease of use as well as the her galactic index. The headcones for her ears as the human's liked to call them were also there and she stopped. "My emo senses are tingling.... Someone is going emo." There was another jedi who turned to look at her and Leina gave a nod of her head... Yep there was definitely someone going emo on her and it was coming from this direction as her lekku twitched to indicate yes. She traveled through the temple into the library and looked at a super duper cute thing at a desk and he seemed sad.... She would name him Shmupples and he would never be sad again while she was walking over.

[member="Leina Snowfire"]

Loki looked over from the data terminal. Was someone singing? In the library!? The head librarian looked just as incredulous.

There was indeed a singer. A tall red Twi'lek woman practically skipping towards him. The librarian coughed discreetly. The Twi'lek turned and waved with a cheerful smile.

The librarian looked dumbfounded. No one violated her sanctum! She was on the verge of speaking when the Twi'lek walked past her. She practically deflated.

Who was this Jedi?, he thought excitedly. No one had ever done that to the wicked witch of the library before!

[member="Loki"]

She could see the librarian with a look on her face while she was skipping and enjoying the moment... all the fun stuff when she finally stopped by the one padawan. He had been bored and sad and emotional... That was not the jedi way. You needed to have skills with a small look on her face before she spoke. "Why the long face?" Looking at him as her first instinct was to touch the ears... she could pet them and love them, and kiss them and hug them forever and ever.... but she stopped herself just a little looking over the things and bringing up the index as it was filling her in on his species when her Ami-Su came to join her with a look at the others in the library.

Why the long face?

He tilted his head from side-to-side. The real answer would get him in trouble with most Jedi. This red woman didn't seem at all like most Jedi. There was nothing stoic and serene about her.

She seemed almost normal. Loki decided to tell her. It felt right. Maybe it was the Force telling him to; the Masters were always talking about that.

"I'm really bored. All this history is so...." he shrugged when he couldn't find the word. He pointed at the screen. "How does knowing any of that stuff help me be a Jedi Knight?"

[member="Loki"]

Oh jedi history so and so was skilled and spent so many years learning the ancient art of such and such a thing to become a master that is revered. leina was thinking about it and looking at all of the things there whil she was watching it and the padawan with a nod of her head more spaced out and like it was automatic to show she understood despite not listening or knowing what was being spoken about. "Hmmm history is important, it teaches you stuff and things and how stuff came to be it is really deep but I've always found it is easier to read with candy... and food or running around outside not just sitting around in a library where people might get to do cool things.

Loki blinked.

"Uhh, candy?"

Had he heard that right? He had heard her say history was important. That was pretty much a Jedi answer. The rest of it was confusing.

"I like candy. Being outside is good too."

Indeed it was good to be outside. It beat being stuck in a library any day of the week. He would really like to be outside right now. Maybe she could help with that.

"Master Jedi, could we, uh..." he said making his play "Maybe do history lessons outside?"

He cast a quick glance at the head librarian. She wasn't looking at them. The woman actually seemed preoccupied with something. Probably something really boring.

They'd have to let him out if a Jedi said so. Right? He looked up hopefully.

[member="Loki"]

She was looking at him and thought about what he was saying about doing a lesson outside but she didn't really teach history outside... she didn't think it would make much of an issue though while she nodded her head looking at him. "Outside sounds like a fun idea." She was looking at some of the things while providing her a better idea while she was moving with some of her attention to the bigger things. Skipping around while the small Ami-Su came to her with a chittering and its ears twitching a little when she was skipping around the library with it chittering. "Come on and lets get going padawan Scmupples, we're going to go and do a lesson outside or something but there will be candy."

This was all going better than he could've hoped. Outside and candy! Fantastic, except....

"Uh, Master Jedi, my name is Loki," he said as he followed her. "Who is Schmupples?"

He was beginning to suspect this Jedi wasn't normal at all. Loki didn't even know her name. He decided it might be a good idea to ask. Just in case he needed to know who to point to when he eventually was disciplined.

"Master, what's your name?," he asked as they made their way out a side door.

[member="Loki"]

Lowkey.... Leina was looking at him in confusion as if he had just sprouted a second head that was sticking out while her attention was on some of the bigger things when she was going. "That is a really strange name... Schmupples is much better and no one else has it." She said ti with a grin on her face offering a smile while she was making the way outside. "An adorable fuzzy padawan like you should have a cute name that makes people want to hug you and love you and take you home and feed you and give you waer and give you candy." She said it while looking. "Oh and my name is Leina."

Loki stopped dead in his tracks. His ears twitched and he blinked. "I...I'm not...Schmupples," he managed finally "I'm Loki."

Her confusion somehow managed to confuse him too. His mouth worked but no words came out. "Who...what...candy?"

"I like candy," he added helpfully as they finally managed to make it outside. The sun felt good on his face. The air smelled fresh and the birds sang. So much better than a stuffy library!

[member="Loki"]

"Well alright." There was a look on her face while she was walking with some of the ideas. She skipped around outside and there were some animals as well as some food in bags as she was looking at it. They had gear for whatever they might need to go out into the planet to do as well why do a history lesson here when there was so much other stuff and places they could go. "We have so many cool places to go and so much cooler stuff that can be talked about. No go get in the windowless shuttle with the candy." She said it while pointing towards the basica shuttle that was for going from one place to the other and back, simple and cost effective on world like this plus it was loaded with a lot of stuff.

The idea of free candy certainly had it's appeal. However, he'd been told about strangers with free candy. The young Bimm looked back and forth between the speeder van and Leina. She was a Jedi, though, so....

Loki went for it. His eyes went wide when he got in the back of the van. "By the Force," he breathed almost reverently. The back was practically stacked to the roof with candy.

He looked back to the cheerful Twi'lek with excitement all over his face. How could this end badly? Getting in the back of a stranger's van on the promise of candy. This was the best day ever!

[member="Loki"]

Leina was looking at him and at the candy in the ship while she was going with her padawan into the shuttle to take them to some of the other locations of Voss to explore. "Ohh free candy." She was looking over many of the things with her attention holding her lightsaber on her belt with a nod of her head. She was happy to go while there were several maps and places to go but this one was set to the other beacons while she was sitting there with the candy when she was moving. "There we go, lets go to the southern fields that should be a fun place to spend some time and learn about stuff and there are no people roaming around around."

Loki nodded absently as Leina rooted around among the maps. "Mmrrff," the Bimm said around a mouthful of chocolate bar. Anywhere but the library sounded good. He reached over and tapped on the southern plains, nodding eagerly in agreement.

"We should go there, Master Leina, as quickly as we can!"

He used his winning smile that often got him in trouble. Except the fur around his mouth was stained with chocolate.

[member="Loki"]

Alright it was decided where they were going and since the shuttles were automated it really made it easy. The small area where the droid brain was located in the shuttle before she was moving about with some fo the candy and nodding her head. "Alright so tell me about yourself, I need to know who I am teaching.. I mean you lured me into this windowless shuttle with the promise of free candy you could totally be impersonating a jedi and trying to feel up students here by pretending to be on." Leina looked at him and then gasped. "Oh my goodness."

Loki dropped the chocolate bar. He turned to look at her with yellow eyes wide. Leina managed to look just as shocked as he did. Who would do such a thing!?

"I wouldn't do that!," he protested in a squeaky voice. He cleared his throat awkwardly and repeated himself in a more dignified voice. "I'm Loki, I was born on Bimmisaari but I don't remember much about that."

He really didn't know what else to say. The young Bimm had to think for a moment before he spoke again.

"I've been with the Jedi since I can remember. I get in trouble a lot because I hate boring stuff. There's lots of that. I like being outside better and doing things."

He looked at the Twi'lek for a moment. Loki gathered his courage and decided to ask her the same question.

"Master Leina, what about you?," said the intrepid youth "Who are you, where are you from?"

[member="Loki"]

There was a look on her face while she was listening to the padawan and had a small look on her face, going over some of the things with her attention towards the bigger things. "Well I was born on Ryloth and sent to the jedi order with the Republic then I was in the campaign to battle the Rexes and given a battlefield promotion to jedi knight at the battle of Cularin. I was ten then and my master for a short time Sky was proud of me before she disappeared." The suttle continued on while she was touching some of the boxes of candy and snack foods with the jedi knight all excited until she spoke. "And then when I was traveling around as a jedi kngiht the last sixteen years I got to enjoy and learn about a number of things like how to talk with different creatures and people or things."

The youth blinked as he made sense of it all. He nodded slowly as his mind digested the barrage of information. Leina had hardly seemed to pause during her story. Only now had she actually even stopped to breathe.

"You can talk to creatures?," he asked with some amazement evident "I always wondered what they were saying."

He exchanged a look with Leina's Ami-Su. The little critter seemed to grin cheekily. Loki grinned back.

[member="Loki"]

She looked at him and agve a nod of her head. "Animals, people, machines, plants, computers, things, droids and all sorts of things." She said it while thinking about it with a small look on her face of interest and she was ready on some of the things. The shuttle was moving nice and peacefuly to the other beacon while turning over with some of her attention on all of the things and she was loading up her bag with vital equipment like food and talismans she could control and use. her index and tome, the glow rod just in case and there was a few other things she could work with as there were some reports of the workers being done and they were making new and improved versions of the talismans for handling larger creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom