Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Date?: Decidedly Not a Lunch Fruit

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Loomi Loomi

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze chirped, "I dunno... but I hope you would come look for me." He trailed softly, "I'd come look for you if you suddenly disappeared," he stated simply, still maintaining that puckish, impish, gleeful tone in his voice, seemingly finding this topic rather amusing, much to Loomi's dismay.

"Did you know... sometimes people die from broken hearts... isn't that terrible?" he asked, moving to take a seat on the edge of the pier and idly kicking his boots as he watched the fish swim about below the darkened waters.

"What if I wanted to disappear? That's different right?"

Boardwalk
Tags: Braze Braze

JgnWDAq.png

"Of course I'd try and find you," Loomi assured. "I just didn't know if it was part of the scenerio."

"Did you know... sometimes people die from broken hearts... isn't that terrible?"

"Oh," the Godoan muttered, her antennae drooping. "Golly, I don't know if I can look for you if I'm dead then."

That was probably really hard. Dying of a broken heart... was that really possible? She certainly didn't ever want to experience such a thing, but the more that was added to the scenerio the more she wondered how possible all of this even was? Could Braze just... vanish one day? Leave her alone, never to be seen again? It very much made her heart beat faster and faster, almost as though the situation was becoming reality in her vivid imagination.

"What if I wanted to disappear? That's different right?"

"Wanted to disappear?" she echoed. "Would... you really want that? If it was what you wished, I wouldn't stop you. I-I mean, your life is your life. But..."

She turned out to look at the sun as it set on the sea.

"It might break my heart," Loomi decided. "Which I guess means I'll die."

Last edited:

Braze just about snorted at how hard he laughed at that. "No... you probably wouldn't die," he said. "That's like... really rare...But I think that's terrible that it can happen to some one." he trailed off. "But yeah... I wouldn't want you to be sad if I... had to... disappear. If I did, it wouldn't be forever, and I'd want you to come look for me if I didn't want to go... but if I did... and I couldn't say anything about it, I wouldn't want you to worry... so maybe there's something I could do... to let you know in a secret way... that I'll come back?" Braze suggested. "I think I would want you to know... if I left on my own, so you wouldn't worry," Braze added.

Boardwalk

JgnWDAq.png

"I don't think I'd ever stop worrying," she admitted with a sigh. "That isn't really how caring about other people works. Even if I know you're okay..." Loomi stalled for a moment, shaking her head. "We'd still feel each other, right? The connection between us... it feels like it's stronger every day. Maybe that could bridge the gap."

It was at least comforting that she wouldn't die. Still, all of this was really sad. She didn't want Braze to go, but she didn't even know what made him think about all of this. It seemed... real. Concerning.

"May... I ask why this is on your mind?" Loomi continued. "I don't know why you would have to leave, but I want to help if I can."

"I suppose that could work. We could probably still feel one another," Braze offered. "If I wanted to take on a certain role within the order... I might... have to do just that... become no one... be able to disappear," Braze stated softly. "I'm not sure I could pursue my desired paths in life if they would upset you constantly... I don't want you to be upset," Braze stated. "I was thinking I could leave something for you and you would know... ya know?"

Boardwalk

JgnWDAq.png

"Ohhhh, like a Jedi Shadow," Loomi reasoned. "I thought it was like disappearing for a really long time."

Loomi began to kick her legs, easing up a little. Jedi Shadows. Thats what she remembered them being called. It really wasn't as serious as Braze made it out to be. While it was true that Shadows were secretive, the information of their posting and assignment was only withheld from padawans, or at least that's what she recalled from the class on it. In all honesty Braze might not have been there for that class.

"Well, if I'm a knight you don't have to be secretive about the fact that you're leaving," she noted. "It only works like that for us. Y'know, since we're padawans and all that. We're not supposed to get mixed up in that stuff."

She gave a soft chuckle.

"And worrying about making me upset is sweet, but I wanna make sure you can do the things you want to as well," the Godoan added. "Just because I'm worried about you doesn't mean I want to stop you. Remember what I said? Even when I know where you are I'm still kind of worried. It's just what it means to care about someone else. And if that's what you really want to do, than you don't have to be cryptic about it either." She'd pause, leaning her shoulder on his. "Not that you could hide it for long anyways."

Braze listened to what she said and perked up. "What's that supposed to mean? You don't think I'm good at keeping secrets?" he asked with a frown. Was his reputation really that bad? Did that whole thing with Thelma really make absolutely everyone think he would just blurt out secrets? Was he really that bad at being quiet about things? Maybe this wasn't a good choice for him either... His snowy white brows furrowed, feeling as if all his choices were somehow always the wrong ones. Doubt crept in, clouding his confidence in his ability to fulfill the role he was considering within the order.​

Boardwalk

JgnWDAq.png

"N-no!" Loomi quickly stammered, feeling the wave of doubt from Braze. "It's not that you're bad at lying. Y'know, we feel each other's thoughts and feelings really easily. I-I don't think that's something you'll have to deal with whenever you have to keep secrets in general. S-sorry, I didn't mean to say you'd be bad at that sort of thing."

She sighed, hanging her head a little.

"You'll do fine at whatever it is you put your mind to," the Godoan assured. "You learn really fast... way faster than me. I don't think there's anyone else I know who puts as much effort into what they do as you do. I have full faith in you."

Even if it ment that she was going to inevitably be outpaced. That was okay. If Braze could achieve his goals and be happy, then she would be happy for him. That's what friends were for.

Braze reached a hand up and gently pet her head. "Well, thanks..." he sighed lightly, his thoughts quieting and his emotions quelling.

"What kind of clothes do you wanna make? Like pretty delicate stuff or... more like armor?" Braze asked, genuinely curious about Loomi's preferences. "Have you spoken to anyone else about it before, like your teacher?" he asked, trying to think of what kind of things Loomi might be interested in. He remembered the funny sandwiches she made and the... interesting clothing pieces she had made before, wondering what her designs might look like now.

Last edited:

Boardwalk

JgnWDAq.png

"It's a new development," Loomi explained. "I'm gonna tell Master Tirin about it soon I think. I've... been thinking about it more since meeting with my mist weaving mentor." Auteme Auteme had given her a mist woven sweater during a training exercise. It had gotten her head spinning. "It was a sweater in appearence and texture... but then it was a suit of armor. Beautifly crafted too. And... well, of course, I naturally began wondering what it would be like if I did that for other people."

She smiled to herself, kicking her feet over the edge of the dock.

"I really only started shambling together emergency clothes," the Godoan admitted. "But I feel like I've learned a lot more. It's more something I want to do for fun, anyways. I still want to do Jedi things too. And I feel like I can... like these things don't need to be mutually exclusive."

And that was a good thing to feel.

"Well, I'm glad you know what you want to do with your future," Braze offered lightly, his gaze shifting to the horizon where the final rays of light dwindled. Then, turning back to his friend with a more earnest expression, he added, "Hey Loomi? Promise me you'll always be my friend... no matter what... okay?"

Boardwalk

JgnWDAq.png

"Of course I will," Loomi nodded. "No matter what. I... I know that you would do the same."

She gave a sigh, simply content to just sit there and watch the setting sun. Loomi knew that things were strange now. Coming war, a change in the hearts and minds of those around her, and more importantly the fact that she herself was changing. Growing older. Perhaps, in some strange or even magical way, sitting here disconnected her from all of that. It was as though the Godoan was trapped in time here, living out a moment like one that may be recorded in a photograph.

A moment on a timer, unfortunately. The setting sun counted down the time they had left in it. That was okay though. It was a memory now, one she could recall and think of fondly.

If only to ground her.

"I think I've seen what I wanted to," she relayed. "Was there anything else you wanted to do?"

"I'll hold you to it then," Braze said with a soft smile as he leaned against her briefly and nuzzled her shoulder affectionately. It was perhaps a weird gesture, something more akin to an animal's idea of affection, but Braze seemed to enjoy that kind of physical touch in expressing affection. It was just something that felt right to him.

"I suppose we can walk back... I'm sure Aether's probably bored to tears waiting for us... But then again, we could go for an adventure," he offered. He didn't think Loomi was the type of person to abscond and go on an unsanctioned escapade, even if it was a little jaunt through the woods at night, but he didn't mind teasing her with the question.

Boardwalk

JgnWDAq.png

"I'm ready to go home," she answered with a nod. "We shouldn't worry Aether. He's probably gotten lonely."

Loomi got to her feet, offering her hand to Braze so that they could set off. This had been a good day. She was very happy that the two of them had some time to themselves to just spend together.

That was good, she decided.

After a few long moments of contemplation, Braze looked up and reached out to take her hand. His gaze drifted across the dimming landscape as darkness fell, a sense of tranquility settling over the land.

"I suppose you're right," he offered quietly, his voice barely above a whisper. He moved to join her, his hand finding hers with a gentle touch. The evening had been wonderful, and he didn't want to risk spoiling it for her.

With a soft smile, Braze squeezed her hand gently. Together, they watched as the last traces of daylight faded into the embrace of the night, content in each other's company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom