Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Dark Rebirth

lunar_research_base_by_u2644-d4dt7c6.jpg
B A R A B I
8 5 1 A B Y
Nighttime covered the planet of Barab I in a cloak of darkness, cradling it away from the dangerous ultraviolet radiation of its primary star. Underneath a small but powerful deflector shield that protected from these harmful rays come day, a Czerka Arms compound stood carved into a ridge of hardened rock.

Security guards and droids alike patrolled both the grounds around the building and on several walkways as well, some manning searchlights that crept between the paths that opened into the front of the building from outside the deflector shield.

Phasing through the shield, an act that may have shown up if someone was actively monitering fluctuations, the Sith Acolyte Nadia Vytuia would climb up a rock face immediately adjacent to the facility so that the woman could observe it without fear of being caught. She had acquired a reflec-coated stealth suit that seemed to exemplify her curvaceous figure, which had drawn quite some attention from the men, or women, that she had passed on her way to the hangar bays on Bastion, including some very explicit offers.

The Sith woman blushed at the thought of such a thing. She might've accepted if she wasn't on her way to Barab I, but part of her kept wandering back to the moment and all that it would've entailed. Back onto the matter at hand, she leaped onto the unguarded top of the facility, keeping a keen eye on her surroundings while she plotted her next move.

With the element of surprise still on her side, Nadia took her time in finding a way into the facility that did not involve going through the main entrance and with it the armed guard. Almost immediately did a sound opportunity present itself, she spotted the start of a ventilation shaft that could be her ticket into the compound.

Approaching the shaft, she used the Force to swiftly, but silently, rip the grating off and set it aside gently. Making sure to look down the shaft beforehand, Nadia slid into and down the ventilation shaft. She must've been sliding for a good dozen meters before she landed on the bottom with a soft thud, careful as to not alert anyone around.

The Sith crawled on all fours through the rest of the shaft, moving over several miscellaneous grates along the way. Most of them led to a heavily guarded corridor, which was counter-productive as she wished to remain undetected. Looking through another grate, something caught her eye that made her stop in her tracks.

Below her was a storage room off of the main corridor, perfect for her to get her bearings in the underground facility so that she could find her objective. Pushing lightly, the grate gave way and swung on its hinges, letting her slide through the gap with ease down into the empty room.

Landing on the metal floor, she moved into the shadows of an empty corner and reached into her satchel, removing the head of HK-47 along with the power cell connected to it. The Sith activated the droid and gave a small smile as the gold photoreceptors lit up again; "Annoyed Query: How many times are you going to stuff me into that insufferable sack, Master?" He asked, sounding absolutely appalled at her actions.

"As many times necessary, atleast until I can get you a new body as part of our deal." She informed "Anyway, I'm infiltrating a Czerka Facility, do you think you could interface with the terminal if I connected you to it?". "Sarcastic Remark: Certainly! I am nothing more than a mere computer!" HK-47 sassed, causing Nadia to roll her eyes.

Grasping the droid head, she moved from her spot in the corner and approached the active terminal in the storage room, then proceeded to connect HK to the computer so that he could interface with it. "Look through the projects, I did some digging and heard that Czerka was making a new chassis centered around Hunter-Killer units." She requested, her eyes darting between the displays as information flowed by.

"Delighted Revelation: A project labeled 'HK-188' is stored in this facility! Reports dictate that the body is created but they have yet to create a proper AI for it!" The giddy voice of HK-47 came through his vocoder causing the Sith to grin "Can you find its location?".

"Disclosure: Yes, it is stored in Testing Bay #59 two levels below us, but there are no ventilation systems, we'll have to go through security." He relayed.

"We?"

"Correction: I meant you."

The pureblood sighed, disconnecting HK-47 from the computer and placing him back into her satchel much to his dismay. She moved towards the door of the storage room and glanced out of the small window built into it, quickly ducking when a security droid clanked by, turning its head slightly to check the room before walking out of sight.

Making sure the coast was clear, Nadia pressed the switch on the wall next to her, opening the door. She ducked out into the main corridor and, remembering the layout that HK had displayed on the computer, ran stealthily to the left down the hallway. She was stopped in her tracks as the security droid that she saw earlier began to turn around at a corner.

The Sith looked around for a hiding place with the precious few seconds she had left.

At the last second, she used the Force to leap up and cling to the ceiling, out of sight of the security droid the routinely clanked under her and around the corner. Sighing in relief she dropped to the ground and entered a turbolift on the side of the corridor. Faced with an ID terminal required to operate the turbolift, she once again retrieved HK-47's head from the bag.

"Hack it."

"Resignation: Fine."

A minute later, and Nadia arrived at the level designated by HK-47, she just needed to find Testing Bay #59 so that she could get the assassin droid his body, and then afterwards, her lightsaber.

After several minutes of wandering around and avoiding security patrols, both droid and organic, or 'meatbag' as HK liked to call them; Nadia found the Testing Bay where 'HK-188' was being held. Entering the room, she found it devoid of life which was a godsend for what she was going to be doing.

She turned and pressed a switch on the door control panel, locking it so that nobody would intrude on their illicit activities The Sith Aspirant went up to the research mainframe and took out the assassin droid's head again so that he could interface with it. Standing back, the young woman waited for the droid to speak again.

"Declaration: Perfect...Perfect...According to their records this chassis is almost entirely made out of phrik-lined durasteel and titanium-reinforced alusteel!" HK announced, excited as ever, through his vocoder. Nadia smiled, "Alright, we found it, what next?" she asked, hoping that HK would have a simple answer.

"Revelation: I will transfer my data core into the new chassis. Afterwards, I will require that you dispose of my current 'head'." HK-47 divulged. The Sith nodded, and watched as he began the transfer process.

She could almost feel the electricity pulsing throughout the room, the display on the research terminal showed that HK was about halfway down transferring himself into the HK-188 chassis. Nadia heard a noise behind her, as if the door was opening; she turned to address the issue but was suddenly struck by a massive metal arm, a security droid was attacking her.

The Sith was thrown onto the durasteel floor in an instant, dazed by the sudden event. The security droid aimed its blaster at her and was about to fire until it's head was taken off by what could only be described as a disruptor rifle blast.

Nadia stood up, looking at the smoldering corpse of the security droid before turning to face HK-47. The desolate husk of 'HK-188' was now moving, the gold photoreceptors lit up as opposed to its deactivated form, but the rusty red paint job still retained. HK-47 holstered the disruptor rifle he was currently holding onto his back and approached the Sith.

"Introduction: Greetings, I am HK-47, sophisticated Hunter-Killer assassination droid trained in all forms of combat as well as knowledgeable in six million forms of communication, protocol, and human interaction." The droid reiterated. "Great, you have a body, and you definitely know how to use it. Now let's get the kark out of here." Nadia requested, staring into the droid's eyes, for once grateful that she didn't have to carry the head. She was suddenly reminded of her promise to dispose of the droid head, which she planned to do so later, grabbing the now deactivated head and putting it back into her satchel.

"Acknowledgement: Very well, Master. I will clear the way, then we can go find you your saber."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom