Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Dangerous Gambit [Aris Noble]

Jutrand, Capital of the Sith Order
The Outer Rim Territories
Aris Noble Aris Noble

Today, Jutrand's sprawling metropolis stood as the illustrious seat of power for the Sith Order, a beacon of darkness amidst the cosmic expanse. His recent encounter with Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr had left Balun Vale intrigued, his curiosity piqued by the enigmatic allure of the Sith Order. Formerly a bastion of freedom under the Rimward Trade League and, prior to that, the Outer Rim Coalition, Jutrand had succumbed to the grip of staunch imperialism. Its rulers wielded authority with an iron fist, quelling dissent with ruthless efficiency.

Though no longer aligned with the New Jedi Order, Balun felt compelled to conceal his presence in the Force to the best of his ability. It was a precautionary measure born from the realization that his past associations might mark him as a threat—an unshackled Force user or, perhaps worse, a renegade Jedi—in the eyes of those harbouring animosity towards the Order. While his Jedi training had offered insights into the Sith, Balun recognized the inherent limitations of such perspectives. As he navigated the complexities of life, he understood that true understanding could only be attained through firsthand experience and independent reflection.

Having secured passage through a transaction with a crewman aboard an independent freighter, the boy navigated the intricacies of trade with unnatural finesse, an influence of the mind. The trader, enticed by the allure of easy profit, spared little thought for the boy's past, viewing him simply as a wandering soul in need of transport. Unburdened by inquiries or suspicions, the trader facilitated their journey without hesitation.

The motley group found respite within the confines of a bustling hangar nestled within the public spaceport, their presence fading into the tapestry of transient travellers. With the transaction complete, Balun embarked on his solitary path, his guise that of an unassuming civilian blending seamlessly with the throng of bustling activity.

xiqfVVX.png

He shouldn't be here.

Deep down, he knew it was a mistake to even think about coming here to Juntrand. He knew who he was, he knew what this planet was, but curiosity brought him here regardless. The need to know. Aris had spent years learning about everything that had happened. How the Epixanthix had lost Panatha, how his people had been scattered across the stars. Who his grandfather was, what Aris himself was. There was nothing hidden from him, but Aris could see it was all said through a lens.

He needed to know first hand what the Sith were to his family.

Aris tugged on his hood, frowning as he made his way through the streets. The only thing he needed to find was some kind of library. He imagined the information he sought would be easy enough to find there, but there was always the underlying panic of discovery. Or, perhaps, he had an advantage he could use. Not one he was looking forward to, but he could.

There was an understanding for himself that he was going to be alone here. Not even Seszil came with, if only to keep Aris from being discovered. His hair had been died raven black just to fully sell the cover he hoped he didn't have to use, but as he walked through the street he caught sight of something familiar. Someone. He blinked in surprise before hurriedly slipping through the crowd.

"Balun."

Balun Vale Balun Vale

"Oh, kriff..." Balun muttered under his breath, his heart sinking at the sound of a familiar voice. Reluctantly, he turned to find Aris Noble Aris Noble trailing behind him, mirroring his own surprise. Initially bracing himself for a confrontation with a Jedi Master, Balun's tense shoulders eased slightly upon recognizing Aris. Relief washed over him, knowing that Aris remained a fellow Padawan and not a harbinger of his return to the New Jedi Order.

"Thank the stars, it's just you, Aris..." Balun breathed out in a hushed tone, his exhale laden with both relief and caution, mindful of potential threats lurking amidst the bustling streets. The unexpected encounter with another Jedi caught him off guard, especially Aris of all people. While they weren't particularly close, they shared a common bond as classmates, navigating the rigorous training regimen at the Temple of Coruscant together.

"What are you doing here!?" Balun asked, reaching out to grasp Aris' arm as he urged him to move swiftly. A nearby alley beckoned, offering a sanctuary from prying eyes where they could discuss matters of shared significance without fear of eavesdroppers.

As they stepped into the shadowy confines of the narrow alley, darkness cloaked their features, providing a semblance of privacy. Balun cast a vigilant glance over his shoulder, ensuring they hadn't been followed, before releasing Aris' arm and coming to a gradual halt. "I'm gonna be stating the obvious, but you do realize the risk of being here, right?" Balun's tone held a note of urgency, his concern palpable. Uncertain whether Aris was aware of his flight from the New Jedi Order, Balun couldn't shake the grim reality that if discovered, Aris, still bound by the Jedi code, would face dire consequences at the hands of the Sith.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris was quick to follow him. Neither of them should be there. They were both in danger. But Balun was in more danger, at least in Aris's mind. Aris had a cover story, one that he knew would work fine if it came to it. He didn't see the same for his friend. Aris peeked back the way they had come from underneath the died black hair he had for the moment, just to ensure there wasn't someone who had thought it interesting or decided to follow. No one, at least for now that he could see or hear, and his senses were far beyond what even Jedi should have.

"I've questions I need answers to, and I won't find them anywhere else. .. Why are you here? You're in way more danger, you realize that right?"

Balun Vale Balun Vale

In a hushed murmur, Balun's words slipped out like secrets escaping into the night air. "Dude, I'm not the Jedi out of the two of us," he confessed, his breath barely stirring the stillness around them. "If they catch on to you, it's game over," he added, the weight of truth heavy in his voice. Freed from any binding allegiance, Balun roamed as a solitary figure, a nomad in a realm where loyalty was currency. Should they be apprehended, he could pivot, perhaps finding favour with the Sith without facing immediate retribution. Yet, the notion of aligning with the dark side remained a repulsive thought, a path he vehemently rejected.

Aris Noble Aris Noble had spoken of quests for enlightenment, but the specifics eluded Balun, lost amidst the fog of uncertainty. "What's so important you'd come here for?" he inquired, his own scepticism tinged with a hint of self-awareness. "I sound like a bit of an ar$e I know but you actually want to be a Jedi, I don't. I don't want to see you wind up in the chit here" Balun's tone softened, a genuine concern overshadowing his earlier cynicism. With measured sincerity, he reached out, hoping to shield Aris from the impending storm, even as the darkness threatened to consume them both.

xiqfVVX.png

"My grandfather is a Sith Lord with dozens of children. I can easily pass off as one if I need to. That's why I'm here, though. To figure out more on him." Which, he really hoped he wouldn't have to. Even having his hair match that of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex was a step too close to the side of the family Kahlil had sought to avoid. His brow furrowed, though. He knew why he was here, but.. Why was Balun here? On the capital of the Sith?

"Why are you here, Balun?"

Balun Vale Balun Vale

"Oh wow, I didn't know about any of that," Balun replied. The notion of Aris Noble Aris Noble 's family being Sith wasn't something he had expected. Given that Balun always skirted away from the subject of family in general, Aris' family was never an interest that Balun had considered until now.

"Do the Jedi know about it? What do they think about your Dad having Sith in the family?" Balun soon asked; "I met a Sith Girl recently and....-Well things got a bit intense, but in a really good way. I'm not sure what the Masters back at the Temple would think about it though" he admitted, thinking back on his recent time on Mygeeto with Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr .

"I didn't really come here with anything in mind, I guess I wanted to check the Sith out for myself. See why the Galaxy is so afraid of them and chit" Balun soon explained. In all honesty, Cordelia had sparked his interest in seeing the Sith with his own eyes. The Jedi were determined in their bias towards Dark Siders, especially the Sith; and from what he had heard, the Sith were the same way towards the Jedi.

Everything that Balun had known of the greater Galaxy came from the New Jedi Order. It wasn't that he didn't believe the Jedi, but he wanted to see and understand the Galaxy with his own eyes, make up his own mind on what he felt about other people, what he thought about the Galaxy and how he saw things. It had taken some two or three years to build up the courage to leave the Jedi and strike it out on his own. Before that, it had only been a dream, and now it had become his reality. He wanted to make his own choices and work things out the hard way if that was what it took.

xiqfVVX.png

"They've been aware from the get go, from what I understand. Given his position, they must at least be alright with it, I guess."
He hadn't thought much about what that might mean to the others of the Jedi, but yeah, if it did matter there was no way Kahlil would be Shield, right? Maybe. He didn't want to think too much on that, at least since he probably should avoid talking about the Jedi while he was here of all places. Instead he tilted his head. Intense in a good way? HE couldn't think of something like that, at least nothing that aligned with dealing with a Sith.

"Yeah. That's why I'm here too. I want to know why, but actually know why, not just be told. Does that make sense?"

Balun Vale Balun Vale

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom