Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Joy

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Effie Duanna"] had joined the Senate. That made Kay so very happy. Efgie had come to her for a job a little while ago, wanting to be the Commenori Queen's assistant. Yet she knew that the lady was destined for greater things. She reminded her of herself when she was just entering politics. It was lovely and brought her joy to see someone else with the same aspirations.

Kay invited Effie to her office so that they could reconnect. Sapir tea was prepared as always and there was an air of happiness or perhaps gratitude in the room. Effie gave her hope.

She sat in her office, a bit impatiently while she tried to distract herself with work. But it was really hard to maintain her focus on the Senate right now. That had been happening more often lately. Kay just put it down to stress. That must be it...

There was a rare sight in the senate today, A sight that only a few people had actually seen with their own eyes. That sight was the young Effie excitedly and impatiently making her way through the halls of the Senate. Usually people would see Effie hesitantly make her way to meetings with the most nervous expression one could imagine. Not today however. Effie was not on her way to be shouted at and belittled in a room full of senators today, she was on her way to have tea with [member="Lady Kay"]. People were always amazed at how close Effie and Kay had become given that they had not known each other long. But it did happen. And Effie was grateful for it, she owed a lot to Kay. If it was not for the Commenori queen she would not be where she was today

Effie hastily weaved in and out of the people moving through the halls. The girl's large bright smile turned many heads of politicians wondering what the hell could make her so happy. It did not take Effie long to reach the hall where Kay's office was located. Kay probably heard Effie approaching thanks to sound of her high heels clacking of the tiles as her walk turned into a slight a jog. Effie finally reached the door, took a moment to catch her breath and gently knocked on the door to Kay's office.

Kay-Larr

The knocks on the door came just a moment after she had heard [member="Effie Duanna"] 's shoes clicking on the freshly polished floor. Was she running? Kay got to her feet and headed over to the door, opening it and smiling with relief that yes, it was Effie and she was alone. Like a youngling would, she grabbed Effie's hand and pulled her inside, closing the door and givong her friend a big hug.

"Oh it's so good to see you! And a Senator, no less! I am very impressed and pleased. You can't imagine what it's like with Senator Alexander harping on me all the time." She brought her over to the couch and sat down. "So tell me, how do you like it so far? And what do you think of my Senate Hall? Isn't it beautiful?"

Effie gave the hall a quick scan as she waited at the door. She noticed a few people giving her some odd looks but she frankly could not care, she was far too excited to have her mood soured by that. The noise of the [member="Lady Kay"]'s office door opening immediately grabbed her attention with the sight of Kay causing a large bright smile to grow across her face. Effie was about to speak to Kay when she was cut off by her friend's embrace which she had absolutely no problem with. she loved it in fact.

"It's so amazing to see you as well Kay. I honestly thought you would have little time for me because of your duties and your ongoing war with Alexander" Effie said with a giggle as she followed Kay to the couch, her hand still in hers.

"I still can't believe i am here" Effie smiled. "To think i only wanted to be an assistant for you. I never thought i would go from managing schedules to representing a planet" Effie patted her soft on top of Kay's "But i am really enjoying this. There are some times when i feel a little out of my element but i know i have you if i need help."

Effie let out a small giggle. "If i am honest, i think the senate hall is my second favourite thing after working near you. It's breathtaking." Effie shot Kay a somewhat curious expression. "I am surprised you were able to make time for me. I think others felt the same way, i noticed a few of them giving me odd looks"

Kay-Larr

Kay had to laugh. [member="Effie Duanna"] had a certain way of lighting up her mood. And it was in a different way than others ever could. "My war with Senator Alexander? Oh it isn't that bad...we just don't see eye to eye...."

She leaned back on the sofa. "I can't be working all the time. I need breaks. I have a planet to run as well and a marriage to maintain. But I have plenty to help me. So whenever you need me, I will find the time. So don't worry about only waiting until I send for you. My office is always open, both here and at the Palace. Okay?"

She wanted to be sure that Effie doesn't feel as though she was getting in the way of anything.

Effie could not help but giggle a little when [member="Lady Kay"] spoke of her relationship with Viktor. He is a tough man, but Kay is tougher in Effie's opinion. "Okay, i guess using the word was bit of an over exaggeration."

Effie took Kay's lead and also leaned back on the sofa. Kay's office had always been a place of comfort for Effie, a sort of refuge. She had no trouble making her self a little more cosy on the sofa. Effie gave Kay somewhat concerned and confused look

"Kay...how do you do it? all of this? you have so much to deal with" Effie tucked some of her soft hair behind her ear. "I remember after my first senate meeting i felt exhausted and a little defeated. I just don't understand how you can deal with everything you do and still remain true yourself. It's so admirable"

Kay was certainly a role model to Effie. She had so much respect for the woman and she wanted to show it as often as possible.

Kay-Larr

Kay had to laugh a bit at how [member="Effie Duanna"] thought that she had everything together. Truth was, she figured that people could see right through her and enjoyed adding all the stress. But she had to do her best to keep on top of it all. Mistakes happen though.

"I don't know how I do it, Effie. I just go with my instincts. I have my assistand Olivia helping to run the Palace side of things while I'm here. It's a little tough to keep track of everything, yet I didn't start the Senate until I knew that I could dedicate myself to it. But I can get too emotional at times, lose my focus and make mistakes like everyone else. I'm not really all that different from others."

She just had her secrets. But that came normal with politicians too.

Effie gave [member="Lady Kay"] a playful nudge and grinned at her

"Classic Kay. Being modest as usual"

Effie slowly raised herself from the couch, fixed her dress a little and headed over to one of the windows in Kay's office. It was quite noticeable that her bright mood had become a little bit gloomy. Effie stared out the window as she spoke to Kay.

"I have just been having mixed feelings lately. I want this, i really do but i just sometimes feel that i am not up to the task" Effie let out a soft sigh "so many things plague my mind. What if it becomes too difficult and i fail people? what if i make you look bad? Everyone knows i have this position thanks to you. What if i get my own Senator Alexander? Someone who goes out their way to make things difficult for me. Wha-"

Effie stopped herself abruptly. Kay had invited her here to relax and unwind. It was not fair for her to dump all this on her. "Forgive me for that outburst. It was uncalled for"

Effie stared out the window for a few more moments to collect herself. She then turned to face her friend Kay and shot her a mischievous smile.

"I believe there was some mention of Sapir tea?"

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Effie Duanna"] a playful smirk as she was nudged and told of her modesty. Her brows furrowed however as she watched and listened to Effie pour her heart out when it came to how unqualified she felt. Truth was that everyone felt that way.

"Effie, we all go through that, probably every day. Especially me. Just as this is your first time being a Senator, this is my first time being a Chancellor. And at any moment I could make bad enough mistakes to be thrown out of office. Trust me, we are all insecure when it comes to such high positions placed upon us. So there's no need for you to feel bad in doing so. Having friends to support us is important. I'll be your rock and you can be mine. We'll rant and complain to eachother, but also look for solutions to lift our spirits and keep our focus. Alright?"

She got to her feet as Effie mentioned Sapir tea and went to the side table to prepare them some. "My office is always open for you. Just try to save me some tea." Kay winked at her with a grin.

Effie needed this. She really did. Things had just been getting so tough for her that she began to seriously doubt herself. [member="Lady Kay"] was 100% right though. Effie was not alone in this feeling and anyone in her position would feel the exact same way at some point. Effie did not want to come off as needy, but this reassurance from someone dear to her helped so much. Effie was so thankful for Kay. Without her she would have crashed and burned by now.

"Now you i should not make promises i can't keep" Effie said. She then jokingly stuck her tongue out at Kay. Effie followed Kay over to the table. Her bright mood was now returning.

"Just thinking of it, i have still seen so little of Commenor. Not much outside these Senate walls actually." Effie then turned to Kay and put on a fake cutesy accent whilst grinning "I propose a bill. The lovely Queen and Chancellor Kay must take Effie on a trip sometime"

Kay-Larr

Kay scrunched up her nose as [member="Effie Duanna"] stuck out her tongue, and in return, she stuck out her tongue right back at her. Then she laughed at how silly they were being as she finished preparing the tea, handing Effie her cup.

And it was a good thing that Kay hadn't drank any yet. For she just couldn't contain her laughter as Effie put on the fake accent. If Kay had been drinking her tea then, it surely would've came out of her nose. But thankfully she was smart. As she laughed, she cupped her tea in both of her hands to keep herself from spilling any.

She tilted her head slightly as she pondered on just where to take Effie first. "Well, I suppose that as Chancellor, I could put such a bill through and allow it to pass. There are a few destinations close at hand such as the Twin Canyons, Rock Point Beach and the Valley of the Storm. Those are my favourites. Which do you prefer?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom