Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Colorful Collaboration

Marzena Vaas

M
Marzena Choi was very excited to visit the headquarters of Quaint Gardens Beauty on Ession. It was a well-known fact that the singer was a makeup aficionado; there were few things in the galaxy that she loved more. She had purchased a few products from Quaint Garden’s HoloNet store recently, including a few tubes of Baume De Fleur. Not only was she highly impressed by the luxe packaging, the product did not disappoint. She had been absolutely amazed to see the tiny flower suspended in her lipstick, and the fact that the color produced is truly one of a kind, a perfect custom hue based on the wearer’s pH. In fact, she carried a tube of Baume De Fleur with her at all times, and used it so often that she would certainly need to pick up a new one before returning home.

However, today she was not just here to see the latest offerings, but to collaborate with [member="Alize Rosenheim"] on her very first collection of makeup. It was a big step. Marzena was confident that she had chosen the perfect company to assist with her creations. After all, Quaint Gardens offered unique, high quality products that she would be proud to stand behind. Of course, she had come with a few ideas in mind about the collection she wanted to help produce. She had a signature shade of red lipstick - CoCo Rouge Pur Courture, No. 52, but she thought it would be amazing to truly have her own.

The pop star stepped out of her speeder, straightened out her black dress, and checked her complexion in the small mirror of her compact. After a quick dusting of powder, and a fresh application of her lip stain, she walked into the office building. Marzena offered a pleasant smile to the woman at the desk.

“Good afternoon,” She started with a polite nod, “My name is Marzena Choi, and I have a meeting with Ms. Rosenheim.”

Being a small company, Quaint Gardens' headquarters was rather modest in size and quite unassuming from the outside. Inside, the rooms were tastefully decorated with chic yet simple furniture, following a minimalistic theme.

Less was more - or at least that was what Alize liked to tell others when in truth, the reason for her chosen decor was because she had always thought of these offices as temporary. Although Alize had spent much of her recent years running from her past, she yearned to settle down and experience a more stable lifestyle - something owning a company had given her an excuse to do.

Quietly, Alize gazed upon the cream coloured walls and marble floors with a sad expression. Her time spent in these offices may have been brief but she could already tell she was going to miss them even though she had been excited about her move to Tygara which had felt more like home to her than anywhere else.

"[SIZE=14.6667px]Ms.[/SIZE] Rosenheim," her receptionist called from the intercom, breaking the silence. "Ms. Choi has arrived."

"Please send her in," Alize replied.

Thrilled by the arrival of First Order's singing sensation, the feeling of melancholy that Alize had experienced moments ago had dissipated. Cosmetics always had a way of cheering her up whenever she was a bit down. They were both her addiction and her love.

"Come in," she called in a singsong voice when she heard a knock on her office door, excited to meet [SIZE=14.6667px]Ms.[/SIZE] Choi again.

[member="Marzena Choi"]

Marzena Vaas

M
Marzena let her eyes wander her surroundings, it was true that this was not the most upscale office building, but it was still quite pleasant. The décor was minimal and had a slight modern edge that she liked. Over all, it made a good impression, very sophisticated. She nodded as the receptionist motioned towards Ms. Alize’s office down the hall, and went on her way, her heels clicking on the polished floor.

After a small knock, she heard the pleasant tone of [member="Alize Rosenheim"] on the other side of the door. Marzena stepped inside, immediately flashing the young executive a bright smile. She moved towards her desk and extended a hand in greeting.

“It is so lovely to see you again, Ms. Rosenheim.” She beamed, “Thank you for this opportunity, I am very excited to work with Quaint Gardens.”

Marzena took a seat across from Alize; she crossed her ankles and set her clutch down on her lap. She reached inside her bag and produced her current tube of Baume de Fleur. Slim fingers pulled the top off the bullet, and she revealed that she had nearly reached the tiny chrysanthemum flower inside the lipstick.

“I must say, I really like this lipstick. It looks pretty, and the color payoff really is great.”

These days, she had been trending towards lip stains and products that she did not need to reapply often. Of course, she often used makeup as a conversation piece and she had a penchant for showing off her lipstick. But sometimes, she just didn’t have the time to fuss over her face. She had also discovered a host of multi-tasking products that she liked, foundations that included serum, lip products that doubled as blush, and many more.

It was an exciting time for the makeup lover.

“I like the idea of tinted lip oils. Something that offers a treatment for dryness, with a hint of color. Have you seen anything like that lately?”

"Ana, please bring us some refreshments," Alize quickly ordered her secretary through the intercom, realising that she had forgotten to ask the young woman bring some in before her guest's arrival.

"The same to you Ms. Choi," Alize smiled as she stood up when Marzena entered the room, took the woman's hand in a firm grip, shook it and then sat herself down again. Not yet used to running a business, Alize felt rather odd to be sitting at a desk across from another rather than on a sofa in a less formal setting, as a result, she sat a bit stiffer than she normally would.

Curiously, she watched as the pop star reached into her clutch, pulled out a tube of Quaint Garden's Baume de Fleur and took its lid off to reveal a nearly used up lip balm. Pleasantly surprised by the sight, the Epicanthix-hybrid beamed with delight. It always pleased her to see that people enjoyed her products.

"Thank you," Alize replied, flattered by the praise Marzena gave her product even though her only contributions to the creation of the product were the concept, the funds and the resources, leaving the formulation and testing up to her cosmetic scientists.

"Yes, I have," she affirmed, passionate in her words. "Initially, you had to shake the bottle but, in recent times it seems that the cosmetic scientists have worked out how to combine the pigment with the oil. I hear they are quite popular among those with dry lips."

[member="Marzena Choi"]​

Marzena Vaas

M
It was good to see that Alize was well informed and up to date on the latest developments in the makeup industry. Of course, she knew that the young CEO needed to be aware of the trends for her company, but it was clear that she was also passionate about the subject. Marzena couldn’t help but smile; the two were certainly kindred spirits.

Her head turned slightly as Ana entered with refreshments. Marzena offered the young woman a smile, and nodded in the direction of the teapot. A moment later, she was cradling a steaming cup of tea between her palms. She took a small sip of the warm beverage, leaving behind not a trace of lip color on the fine porcelain.

Marzena’s mind was already swimming with ideas for the collaboration, but she also wanted to see what Alize was thinking. It would be interesting to see how they could work together to make something great. As a diva, Marzena was quite a stubborn woman, but she was determined not to let that side of her personality appear during this meeting. After all, she did want this arrangement to work out well for both parties.

“Shall we talk ideas?” She paused to sip her tea, “I would love to hear your plans.”

[member="Alize Rosenheim"]

"Thank you," Alize said, and dismissed the young woman with a nod after she had poured the tea, and placed the teapot on the table.

Ideas. The Epicanthix-hybrid filled with excitement at the sound of that word, and her blue eyes lit up like a child at a candy store. She had not expected Marzena to ask if she had any ideas for their collaboration, and was pleasantly surprised.

"Ideas, and plans, are two things I already have," Alize replied, her eyes the size of saucers, enthusiastic. "I would love for Quaint Gardens to develop a Marzena Choi Signature line, a range that embodies you completely in cosmetic form. Not the most original idea I know, but I can see much potential in this, and I’m sure your fans will enjoy gaining a little insight into you through this collection.”

New to the business world, Alize had a tenancy to let excitement takeover at the expense of professionalism. Embarrassed by her passionate display of emotion that was almost child-like, she blushed, and took a sip of her tea careful not to burn her tongue. Be professional. You are not merely a makeup enthusiast now, you are a business owner. Retain composure, she reminded herself.

[member="Marzena Choi"]​

Marzena Vaas

M
Marzena’s smile grew as she learned that Alize already had some ideas, and she leaned forward slightly to listen. She admired the young woman’s enthusiasm, as the daughter of a successful business owner; she had seen the more serious side of making deals. It had always left her with the impression that most executives were no-nonsense personalities that bordered on being ridged. It was refreshing to see that Alize had an undeniable energy about her and a creative spark.

“A signature line?” She echoed, and her dark lashes fluttered lightly. “I would love the chance to have my own range. I’m so flattered.”
Her hand came to rest over her heart for a moment. Indeed, most of her interviews usually included questions about her makeup and the products that she liked. After her feature in the Cloud City Chronicle, she had heard that the sales of her favorite lip color had seen a healthy boost. Marzena took another sip of tea, turning her thoughts towards the image that she projected for the public.

“Let’s see...” She cradled her chin lightly, “There will certainly need to be an emphasis on lip color.” Marzena was never seen in public with completely bare lips. “I also like to focus on a clear and flawless complexion, but I’m not terribly fond of heavy, full coverage face products.”

These days she tended towards cushion compacts that offered a dewy finish. She did not like to wear heavy eye makeup, unless she was performing – her daily look included soft neutral shades. However, she did like mascara. Not a day went by where she did not curl her lashes and apply at least one coat.

“While I tend to keep my eyes quite natural, perhaps there could be a special edition shadow palette? How many products were you thinking of for this collection?”

Though the young woman had be able to retain her professional composure, excitement exuded from her big blue eyes as she thought about the points the diva had raised. Emphasis on lip colour, lightweight face makeup, and a limited edition eyeshadow palette - possibly neutral colours for the natural look. The latter two was easy to achieve, but Alize wasn't quite sure what excatly Marzena meant by the first, an emphasis on lip colour.

"What did you have in mind when you mentioned an emphasis on lip colour?" Alize inquired. "Do you mean releasing several signature shades, or having a signature colour in a range of different formulas?" she paused, and took a sip of her tea before she continued, her mind abuzz with excitement.

"And, as for lightweight face makeup, do you prefer powder foundations, BB creams, tinted moisturisers, or cushion foundations? I hear cushion foundations have become quite popular as of late, and I personally love their convenience especially for touch ups as well as how quick, and easy they are to apply,” the Epicanthix-hybrid smiled, her passion for cosmetics peeking through her professional demeanour once again.

Next, in regards to the eyeshadow palette - of course we must release one! No collection will be complete without one! Would you prefer it to be a simple quad, something bigger with ten shades, or a larger palette with twenty?” Alize asked, the tone of excitement in her voice increased with each word she spoke. It appeared that she was more a makeup addict than a business woman!

Now that she had responded to all the points Marzena raised, only the difficult one remained. How many products should the collection have? She didn't want to little, but at the same time did not want too much. After a minute or two of pondering over this difficult question, Alize finally came up with a reply. “I have no solid number in mind, but I want there to be enough products for those who purchase the full range to be able to complete a look with only products from the collection."

[member="Marzena Choi"]​

Marzena Vaas

M
“Hmm,” Marzena canted her head to the side, considering Alize’s question. “There should be a signature shade, of course. But I was thinking that perhaps there could be several different formulas – satin, matte, glossy, and maybe even a light tint.”

When she thought about her own look, she had a rotation of cosmetics she used on a daily basis, but her lip products were ever changing. Being able to switch out different types of lipstick and colors was a great way to keep her appearance fresh. As the subject changed to foundations, Marzena produced a compact from her bag and slid it across the desk towards Alize.

This is what I’ve been using lately, I really like it. And yes, these cushion foundations are very convenient, touch ups are an absolute breeze.”

Marzena took another sip of tea, thinking about her ideal eyeshadow palette. She was pleased that Alize was amenable to the idea of having one in their collection. There would need to be a light neutral shade, a tawny contour shade, a dark shade for lining, and a highlight.

“A quad could work, I usually don’t fuss over my eye makeup all that much.”

Sometimes less was more. Unless she was performing, then she went all out with a dark smoky eye, winged liner, and false lashes for a touch of added drama. Her smile grew upon learning that Alize seemed very open to playing with the number of products in the range. There was plenty of room to explore the possibilities. It seemed like they had a great starting point, Marzena set her cup of tea down on the desk and leaned forward. There was another opportunity to speak of, before they delved into the specifics of their collaboration.

“My family’s company is opening a mall on Bespin within the coming months, if you’d like... we could easily arrange for a Quaint Gardens storefront.”

Alize nodded as Marzena spoke, and removed a DataPad from her desk, her long slender fingers danced around its screen taking notes as the diva replied to her first question. Several different formulas - satin, matte, glossy, and a light tint. Duly noted.

Excitedly, the Alize watched as Marzena pulled what she assumed was a cushion compact - judging by its size - from her bag, and slid it across the desk. Pleased with the diva's choice, she beamed as her guest spoke, and continued to take notes on what the diva said with the addition of a few of her own ideas for the design of the compact's exterior. A gilded engraved autograph with a glossy finish, and perhaps something embedded in the crystal or glass? She typed in her document on the DataPad.

Next, on to the subject of the eyeshadow palette. Alize typed on her device as Marzena mentioned that a quad could be a nice addition to the collection. Again, the Epicanthix-hybrid noted the diva's words as she spoke. Now, with all her questions answered, she waited for the woman to finish speaking before she handed her the device.

“My family’s company is opening a mall on Bespin within the coming months, if you’d like... we could easily arrange for a Quaint Gardens storefront.”

For a while, Alize had been considering opening up physical stores for Quaint Gardens around the galaxy. Her current plans was for the flagship store to be opened in Tygara, her new home, and her next in Chesin City in Commenor after a meeting with the President of the planet over tea.

"I would be more than happy to have a storefront in your family's more. Coincidentally, Quaint Gardens are currently in the planning process of opening a store on Tygara, and Commenor," she smiled, and took a sip of her tea, and passed the DataPad to Marzena for her to review the notes. "Also, can you please take a look at my notes, and tell me if there was any part I missed out or you would like me to add?"

[member="Marzena Choi"]​

Marzena Vaas

M
Marzena nodded as Alize mentioned that she was in the process of opening a couple of stores. While she had not been to either of the worlds mentioned, she had certainly heard of them. She recalled that the First Order had an embassy on Commenor, and thought she had seen the President at one of their recent military balls held on Dosuun. Perhaps a trip or two would be in order. The songstress returned Alize’s smile.

“Excellent. I can have my brother send you more information about the spaces we have available.”

Having previously made her home in Cloud City, her name was well known there. She could already tell that their new mall would be a brilliant location for a Quaint Gardens storefront, there was certainly a market on Bespin for luxury goods. Her eyes shifted down towards the datapad that Alize slid across the desk, and she lifted it gently. Marzena scrolled down the contents, nodding every so often to herself as she read the notes.

“Your notes look great, very thorough.” She said with a nod, handing the datapad back.

She brushed her hands over her skirt once or twice, smoothing the fabric back into place. Marzena’s gaze leveled with Alize once more, and her hands folded placidly in her lap.

It looks like we're off to a great start.” Marzena canted her head to the side, “What are the next steps?”

"That would be excellent! Oh, how wonderful would if be if Quaint Gardens was able to open a store on every planet but alas, it is impossible with how many planets there are in the galaxy," Alize exclaimed. Though her business was still a rather small one, there was so much she wanted to do with it - it was so much fun watching the company she nurtured blossom and grow!

Suppressing her desire to bounce around the room like a child in excitement, the Epicanthix-hybrid picked up the elegant porcelain teapot and refilled the tea cups - first Marzena's, then her own. "I'm relieved to hear that," she replied and gently set the teapot back down then opened up an app on her DataPad, and passed the device back to Marzena.

"I'm can loan you this DataPad with the app I had made for Quaint Gardens on it," she began, opening up the said app. "Click here for a tutorial on how to use the app before you start," the Epicanthix-hybrid pointed at the prompt labelled tutorial with her long slender fingers. "Once you are familiar with the app, you will be able to mix colours and preview the product in our normal packaging, until you are happy with it. When you have achieved your desired result, you can click this for the colour and finish to be sent to our cosmetic laboratories where the scientists will produce a prototype for you to try and give feedback on and once you are happy with the final product, we will start manufacturing the cosmetics." Alize paused to take a sip of her tea.

"Alternatively, if you are busy, you can also take a more hands-off approach by describing the colour and finish you want in the collection and our cosmetic scientists will do their best to match your description and make the prototypes for you to sample and give feedback on."

[member="Marzena Choi"]​

Marzena Vaas

M
With a nod, she made a mental note to ask her brother to contact Ms. Rosenheim directly to arrange for a storefront. She was sure that he would be pleased to have such a high end company join the fold. At the moment, the plans for their new mall in Cloud City was only beginning to be set in motion. But given some time, Marzena knew that it would be an ideal location for Quaint Gardens.

Marzena offered a warm smile as [member="Alize Rosenheim"] refilled her tea cup, and she brought it up for a small sip. She gazed down as the DataPad was presented to her, and listened carefully to the instructions provided by the young executive. The singer blinked down at the screen, viewing the Quaint Gardens app with curiosity. Indeed, the notion of being able to mix her own shades was very intriguing. At a glance, it all seemed rather straightforward and simple, but she knew that it would require a great deal of thought and experimentation.

“I would love to try the app myself.” She said with a nod, “As it happens, I am taking a bit of a break from the stage, so I have plenty of time.”

Gently, she set the DataPad in her lap and took another sip of tea. As she had never done anything quite like this before, she wasn’t sure how long it would end up taking. Of course, the ideas were already forming in her mind, and it would take a bit of concentration to keep herself organized. At Marzena tilted her head slightly and gazed across the desk at Alize.

“I will get started on this as soon as I am back home. Shall we meet again in a month or so? And I’m sure I’ll be calling you for input along the way.” She said with a lighthearted chuckle.

"That sounds perfect, Ms. Choi, I look forward to what you will create," Alize smiled and concluded the meeting.
A month later,

Alize sat alone in a private room of a high-end teahouse in Ession. Her headquarters on the planet was bare and therefore, not an ideal location for a business meeting so a private room seemed a better option.

"One pot of Darjeeling, first flush, a tray of petite fours, and an assortment of sandwiches," the Epicanthix-hybrid set down the menu and smiled at the waiter as he took her order. "Bring out the tea first, and the food when my guest, Ms. Choi arrives."

"Noted," the waiter replied with a polite nod and took his leave.

Several minutes later, the waiter arrived to place a porcelain teapot and two matching teacups on the table then poured a cup for Alize while the young woman awaited the songstress' arrival.

[member="Marzena Choi"]​

Marzena Vaas

M
During the month that passed, Marzena had spent much of her time working on the products for the collaboration. It had been as much a learning experience as it had been fun. Her transport had brought her back to Ession, and she was currently on her way to a teahouse to meet [member="Alize Rosenheim"]. With the Quaint Gardens application open, she glanced down at the datapad in her lap. This process had included much trial and error, but she was off to a great start. There were even some products that were already on their way to being put into production.

The clicking of high heels brought her to the doors of the teahouse, and upon opening the doors; she was greeted warmly by the host. The man informed her that Ms. Rosenheim was already there and promptly showed her back to the private room that had been booked for them. Marzena took a breath of the scented air; the aroma of the tea leaves was lovely and calming.

“Ms. Rosenheim, lovely to see you again.” She said, and then lowered herself into her chair.

Today, she was wearing a light veil of the BB cushion foundation. So far, she had been using samples sent to her from the laboratory, but she had seen images of the finished compact. The line of Artist Rouge lip wear in Satin and Matte were well on their way to completion as well. Marzena had settled on seven different shades, including one signature color that was a vibrant mix of orange and red.

After setting the cloth napkin in her lap, she gazed across the table at Alize.

“How have you been?” Marzena asked in a pleasant tone.

They would have plenty of time to discuss business; it was always nice to start things off with a bit of small talk.

Rouge1_zpsdsptxxrf.png

Rouge Artist Lipcolors :)

"I have been great, thank you for asking," Alize replied with a warm smile. During the last month Quaint Gardens had grown in size through the support and assistance of those around her - an achievement that the Epicanthix-hybrid was quite proud of. "Quaint Gardens has been doing quite well!"

"What about you? How have you been?" the brunette asked as the waiter arrived with the tea and snacks.

Gracefully, the waiter placed a plate in front of both Marzena and Alize then set the down the assortment of sandwiches and petite fours. Finally, with the table fully set, he poured tea for the ladies.

"Thank you," Alize said politely as she watched the translucent amber liquid descend in an arc into the delicate porcelain cup.

[member="Marzena Choi"]​

Marzena Vaas

M
Marzena returned Alize’s smile, pleased to hear that the young executive and her company were doing well. She turned slightly as the waiter appeared at their table, and placed a lovely assortment of sandwiches and sweets. The singer offered the man a thankful nod as he poured her cup of tea.

“I’ve been very well, thanks.” She said before taking a sip.

After setting the delicate cup back down on the saucer, she reached into her bag to retrieve the datapad she had been using to design her makeup. Marzena was fairly sure that [member="Alize Rosenheim"] had been monitoring the progress of the line, but she set the datapad on the table, just in case. Now that they had steaming cups before them, it was time to talk business.

“I hope you like what I’ve done so far with the line.” Marzena nodded, “The cushion compact and artist rouge lipsticks are coming along rather nicely. I did try the shades for the eyeshadow quad, and I think I would like to add one more color – a darker contour shade. Would that be alright?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom